• Please be polite
  • Please read the Q/A who are already done before post
  • Don't ask for any downloads link

Last edited:

HeadFox

Feb 13, 2013
Strasbourg
nextandroidteam.wordpress.com
How to install the ROM without data lost if I comming from a another ROM ?
So you can just select Upgrade in AROMA, it will only wipe system, cahce and dalvik-cache but if you come from 4.2.2 or older android version, I really recommend to select Full wipe and just backup your data with Titanium Backup before install my ROM

My WiFi won't be enable.
Please Flash or reflash the kernel ! Kernel is provide inside the ROM.zip or download it after (Check link on Main Thread)

Why I haven't the transparent toolbar on my launcher ?
Go in settings > performance > Active High-end Graphics & reboot

Last edited:

ayon115

Dec 6, 2013
Dhaka
A Few Issues with RC 1.1 KK-4.4.2

Hello,
I am an old user and also an Android developer , though I don't post often here , that's why posring here. I do test lots of ROM in my Xperia ray. I have installed your KK 4.4.2 RC1.1 ROM today , I am quite happy with it. Just want to share a few things that can help me to continuously use it.

Firstly...
1. I am quite happy with Dialer and Contact App . In any JB ROM for my Xperia Ray I didn't like them.
2. Rendering of my language Bangla did have a weird problem in several Apps including Facebook App. Problem was, few characters of Bangla text was clipped from the right of each sentence. But your KK ROM shows them with great rendering in FB App. I am very happy to see it.
3. Overall fast and smooth. Many people reported battery and boot problem. I didn't get such problem. I used Polygon KK boot animation and Xperia Z launcher. It's going fine.

Now a few issues to share...

1. Most annoying problem for me, USB is not recognized in my Macbook Pro. I tried 3 different Apps to enable Mass Storage Mode , but no success. I can't get connected in Mass storage mode.

2. Xepria Ray's width is smaller , so full Querty Keyboard is hard to use. But in Keyboard customization , I don't see any PhonePad type keyboard which I am used to use always.

In this moment , nothing more. I'll test more and report if I find any other problem.

Thanks,
Ashiq

Reactions: HeadFox

Munchkin86

Apr 22, 2012
Hey I have several questions which haven't been answered yet in the official thread, so I hope someone will help here in the troubleshooting thread:

First of all, it is a great work, great ROM. Thanks to the developer!
Works smooth.

Google Play Music (is most of the times a system app), in Link2SD I can "link" it towards the ext3-partition, is it recommended?
Can i delete the weather-widget (system-app) if I'm using a third party app? Wanna use AccuWeather.

I have two more questions.

Why is it not possible to "turn off" the original keyboard which comes with this app after I installed a third party keyboard (Touchpal X Keyboard) from the appstore. If i deactivate the original keyboard (I installed the original android keyboard from AROMA), then the Touchpal keyboard becomes "grey", so it is not activated yet. I have to activate the original keyboard in order to use the third party keyboard.
Is it possible to change that?

Another problem.
I used "SJB X ROM" before. I'm right now using my phone in Taiwan, so I also have contacts written in Chinese language. In my old ROM it was possible to list the persons which Chinese characters in the right order. I mean someone called Chen in Chinese (陳) would apppear under C, but right now all my contacts in Chinese are listed at the bottom of the page, that is very annoying if I want to find some of my contacts. Is it possible to change this?

Here my newer and more important question:

Even though I'm using Link2SD method my internal storage is getting so full. Is it harmless to delete dalvik cache and cache through CWM? Any other chances from preventing getting a full internal storage or to make it undone (not want to reflash everything).
I had free internal storage of about maybe 200-300 MB. After restarting my phone after booting the system went into some "renewing process" and showed the amount of apps which will be "optimized". Is that necessary? After installing the apps I didn't get this low phone storage warning, but after restarting the phone and this "optimization process". What to do? Any help?

vishvish3

Mar 26, 2012
Hello,
I am an old user and also an Android developer , though I don't post often here , that's why posring here. I do test lots of ROM in my Xperia ray. I have installed your KK 4.4.2 RC1.1 ROM today , I am quite happy with it. Just want to share a few things that can help me to continuously use it.

Firstly...
1. I am quite happy with Dialer and Contact App . In any JB ROM for my Xperia Ray I didn't like them.
2. Rendering of my language Bangla did have a weird problem in several Apps including Facebook App. Problem was, few characters of Bangla text was clipped from the right of each sentence. But your KK ROM shows them with great rendering in FB App. I am very happy to see it.
3. Overall fast and smooth. Many people reported battery and boot problem. I didn't get such problem. I used Polygon KK boot animation and Xperia Z launcher. It's going fine.

1. Most annoying problem for me, USB is not recognized in my Macbook Pro. I tried 3 different Apps to enable Mass Storage Mode , but no success. I can't get connected in Mass storage mode.

2. Xepria Ray's width is smaller , so full Querty Keyboard is hard to use. But in Keyboard customization , I don't see any PhonePad type keyboard which I am used to use always.

In this moment , nothing more. I'll test more and report if I find any other problem.

Thanks,
Ashiq

hi

I am though not using this ROM but I am using 4.4 km cream caramel on neo v , on cm11 lagecyxperia kernel

I have enabled USB mass storage mode on neo v by using SG USB mass storage enabler

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=organic&utm_term=sg+usb+mass+storage+enabler

it works good try it

thanks

Reactions: HeadFox and ayon115

ayon115

Dec 6, 2013
Dhaka
I have found another problem in my Xperia Ray. I am using Xperia Z launcher. When I select "Uninstall" from sliding menu of launcher and select any app to uninstall , Xperia Home crashes. Thanks...

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

hi

I am though not using this ROM but I am using 4.4 km cream caramel on neo v , on cm11 lagecyxperia kernel

I have enabled USB mass storage mode on neo v by using SG USB mass storage enabler

it works good try it

thanks

I have tried this App yesterday. Fortunately it's working after I have rebooted both my Phone and Mac. USB is working properly now. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

vishvish3

Mar 26, 2012
@ayon115

good you got success in getting USB mass storage mode on your ray

and regarding keyboard , you can use third party apps , swiftkey is good try it once

and about launcher crashing , try other launcher options in aroma choices , just reinstall ROM without wipes

thanks

HeadFox

Feb 13, 2013
Strasbourg
nextandroidteam.wordpress.com
Hey I have several questions which haven't been answered yet in the official thread, so I hope someone will help here in the troubleshooting thread:

Works smooth.

Google Play Music (is most of the times a system app), in Link2SD I can "link" it towards the ext3-partition, is it recommended?
Can i delete the weather-widget (system-app) if I'm using a third party app? Wanna use AccuWeather.

Why is it not possible to "turn off" the original keyboard which comes with this app after I installed a third party keyboard (Touchpal X Keyboard) from the appstore. If i deactivate the original keyboard (I installed the original android keyboard from AROMA), then the Touchpal keyboard becomes "grey", so it is not activated yet. I have to activate the original keyboard in order to use the third party keyboard.

Another problem.
I used "SJB X ROM" before. I'm right now using my phone in Taiwan, so I also have contacts written in Chinese language. In my old ROM it was possible to list the persons which Chinese characters in the right order. I mean someone called Chen in Chinese (陳) would apppear under C, but right now all my contacts in Chinese are listed at the bottom of the page, that is very annoying if I want to find some of my contacts. Is it possible to change this?

Even though I'm using Link2SD method my internal storage is getting so full. Is it harmless to delete dalvik cache and cache through CWM? Any other chances from preventing getting a full internal storage or to make it undone (not want to reflash everything).
I had free internal storage of about maybe 200-300 MB. After restarting my phone after booting the system went into some "renewing process" and showed the amount of apps which will be "optimized". Is that necessary? After installing the apps I didn't get this low phone storage warning, but after restarting the phone and this "optimization process". What to do? Any help?

You can try to use link2SD but for me link2SD is really not recommended (it's my opinion) Try it by yourself.
Yes you can ! Use Es Explorer be sure you have activate the root explorer mod & mount system and then go into /system/app and delete the weather app.
Hmm it's really strange... Really don't know sorry, hope it will fix it by Cyanogenmod later.
Nope you can doing many times.
So you have this message all the time without dalvik-cache wipe before ? So try to wipe cache & dalvik-cache, and this message will show up at the boot after but normally it will not show up on later boot. If it show up again, it's a App problem, it means that an app make the phone buggy, try to found it.

Thk for using my ROM

vishvish3

Mar 26, 2012
yes phone Memory gets full at startup some times on cm11 ROMs , it's on cream caramel too even though link2 SD used ,

it slowly gets free space after some time , or you can clear davlik cache at link2sd app , it will sure get lot of space ,

some one was reporting on xda davlik cache fills quickly on cm11 builds on Samsung s3 too ,

I personally had a issue on neo v on cm11 ,

so it is prob of cm11 , hope as headfox dev said , things may get better in cm11 in updates

thanks

Reactions: Munchkin86

DerGute

Feb 14, 2013
I have found another problem in my Xperia Ray. I am using Xperia Z launcher. When I select "Uninstall" from sliding menu of launcher and select any app to uninstall , Xperia Home crashes. Thanks...
[...]

I also tried the Xperia launcher and noticed the same issues as with my previous Jelly Bean ROM: touch does not respond all the time; once touch recognized it is taking time to open apps; e.g. WhatsApp does not push notification, I had to open the app to see updates..

-->> changed to Google launcher (Launcher 3) and it is working like a charme. No need to reinstall ROM, you just need the Launcher 3 APK.

I really like this ROM, awesome work, looking forward to any further releases, thanks a lot for providing this ROM!

PS: using Xperia Arc S

Last edited:
Reactions: HeadFox

Adurnas

Jan 17, 2013
Boves
Very small problems

Fairly silly question, but is there any way to get the default wallpaper back once you get rid of it? I spent a fair amount of time looking through the different options, and can't seem to find it, ended up downloading the picture manually. There doesn't seem to be a way to zoom with the camera on neo, pressing the volume buttons makes the camera take the photo, rather than zooming, but I also had that problem with the last JB rom I've used, not sure if it's fixable. Other than that, it seems to work fairly well... any browser that isn't opera or chrome lags, but that seems to be a problem that's also present on Legacy Xperia.

Edit: Pinch to zoom works, my bad for not trying it.

Last edited:

Jmendza

Oct 9, 2013
regards

hello! congratulations for your ROM is great :good: , I have a small problem, text messages do not arrive! any solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Works smooth.

Another problem.

You can try to use link2SD but for me link2SD is really not recommended (it's my opinion) Try it by yourself.
    Yes you can ! Use Es Explorer be sure you have activate the root explorer mod & mount system and then go into /system/app and delete the weather app.
    Hmm it's really strange... Really don't know sorry, hope it will fix it by Cyanogenmod later.
    Nope you can doing many times.
    So you have this message all the time without dalvik-cache wipe before ? So try to wipe cache & dalvik-cache, and this message will show up at the boot after but normally it will not show up on later boot. If it show up again, it's a App problem, it means that an app make the phone buggy, try to found it.

Thk for using my ROM
    1389375293-polygon-kk.png

Official Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Thread of PolygonKK

Official & Standard PolygonKK Thread:

Arc/ArcS/Neo/NeoV/Ray: HERE

Rules:

• Don't Ask for ETA
    • Please be polite
    • Please read the Q/A who are already done before post
    • Don't ask for any downloads link
    How to install the ROM without data lost if I comming from a another ROM ?
    So you can just select Upgrade in AROMA, it will only wipe system, cahce and dalvik-cache but if you come from 4.2.2 or older android version, I really recommend to select Full wipe and just backup your data with Titanium Backup before install my ROM

My WiFi won't be enable.
    Please Flash or reflash the kernel ! Kernel is provide inside the ROM.zip or download it after (Check link on Main Thread)

Why I haven't the transparent toolbar on my launcher ?
    Go in settings > performance > Active High-end Graphics & reboot
    Wallpaper: after choosing "no wallpaper" the PolygonKK wallpaper was gone and I didn't see how to get it back. Deleting AppCache with Titanium brought PolygonKK wallpaper back. That was my solution :cool:

Sent from my Xperia Ray using xda app-developers app

Really happy that users love the default PolygonKK Wallpaper. I will add in next version in wallpaper chooser. But I will provide it soon on my thread (Phone version of the wallpaper)

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Hello,

Firstly...

Thanks,
    Ashiq

hi

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=organic&utm_term=sg+usb+mass+storage+enabler

it works good try it

thanks