Q/A: How to Unlock Zenfone 2 ZE550ML/ZE551ML's Bootloader by Unofficial Method?

Search This thread

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found
Hello guys, i'm planning to unlock my phone's bootloader, since its my first time on my Zenfone(I only use tethered recovery to flash root and xposed, i also have experience of unlocking the bootloader before on my previous device Xperia ZR but done it in a official way) i was wondering if the unofficial method i'm reading on some sites won't void my Asus warranty?

If any of this links is the right tutorial for unlocking bootloader in a unofficial way, kindly tell me if its still working for the latest 2.20.40.184 LP Firmware:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/zenf...-root-t3155884
http://forum.xda-developers.com/zenf...ocked-t3138547

Reactions: amedian

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found
Last edited:

yakub234go

Sep 9, 2011
Mumbai
I see, after using the unofficial unlocker asus won't recognize my device from using it right? so i still got my warranty even if i flash MM Beta to relock my bootloader?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using XDA-Developers mobile app

Yes if they don't find it via other means then u r ok with warranty
I don't recommend flashing the MM Beta Firmware cause it can potentially brick ur device

Reactions: Flynhx

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found
Yes if they don't find it via other means then u r ok with warranty
I don't recommend flashing the MM Beta Firmware cause it can potentially brick ur device

Actually, i already tried MM Beta before but i got annoyed by the bugs and lack of root functionality before so i reverted back to LP Stock.
Gonna wait for the MM Final release instead, atleast now i know how to unlock bootloader when MM Final is release incase there's no Tethered Recovery yet. thanks again for the response and tip. :)

yakub234go

Sep 9, 2011
Mumbai
Actually, i already tried MM Beta before but i got annoyed by the bugs and lack of root functionality before so i reverted back to LP Stock.
Gonna wait for the MM Final release instead, atleast now i know how to unlock bootloader when MM Final is release incase there's no Tethered Recovery yet. thanks again for the response and tip. :)

I highly doubt that the current bootloader unlock method would work on MM Official release cause it doesnt work on MM Beta
Maybe some new method will be sorted out:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone