[Q&A] Hyperdrive Rom S4 Verizon ║ Non-Development Discussion ║ Support

Search This thread

sbreen94

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Apr 18, 2012

Hyperdrive Rom Support Thread

This Thread is Started for Help and Support for those Members who cannot post in development threads or do not have enough posts to do so.

• You may ask your general questions/issues here.
  • Please respect all members, especially those trying to provide you with help.

• Please read the Frequently Asked Questions in the Rom Thread HERE before asking questions

Thank you

steeletown

Nov 20, 2012
Love the rom running rls8, I notice when I try to video chat on Google hangouts I keep getting a fc. I didn't use on the earlier releases so I'm not sure if it is rom specific.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

sbreen94

Apr 18, 2012
Love the rom running rls8, I notice when I try to video chat on Google hangouts I keep getting a fc. I didn't use on the earlier releases so I'm not sure if it is rom specific.

Not Sure, but i can check it out, thanks for the heads up!

Psychlone

Apr 30, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6a
I have a question on something I don't fully understand.

I had RL7 for one night and LOVED it - until it rebooted and soft-bricked.
I found my way back out of that and flashed RLS8 and have it completely set up exactly perfect, however, random apps make my phone quit responding and some will error and say the app has crashed and needs to close.

So I started looking and the very first thing I saw was RLS8.1 is now out, checked the changelog and it looks like it fixes a bunch of issues, some of which I had been experiencing.
One thing that I just noticed though, is that it's built on ME7. I just checked and double-checked my About, and RLS8 is clearly on MDK.

So my question is really straightforward: If I flash to RLS8.1 which is built on ME7, is there a way back to any MDK ROM afterwards?

I'm not about to take a ROM in the ME7 line if it means that I will lose the recovery I currently use (TWRP 2.5) - and especially if there's no way back from ME7 to MDK.

Please clarify for me!

Thank you sbreen, for all the work you've done on this ROM - this is the first ROM I've put on my S4 since I got it - I did nothing more than root the day I purchased it a couple months ago waiting for something like Hyperdrive offers, and I have to say that so far, I've been impressed with it's speed and customization!

Thanks again!

DraconicSeed

Aug 9, 2013

I found my way back out of that and flashed RLS8 and have it completely set up exactly perfect, however, random apps make my phone quit responding and some will error and say the app has crashed and needs to close.

So I started looking and the very first thing I saw was RLS8.1 is now out, checked the changelog and it looks like it fixes a bunch of issues, some of which I had been experiencing.
One thing that I just noticed though, is that it's built on ME7. I just checked and double-checked my About, and RLS8 is clearly on MDK.

So my question is really straightforward: If I flash to RLS8.1 which is built on ME7, is there a way back to any MDK ROM afterwards?

I'm not about to take a ROM in the ME7 line if it means that I will lose the recovery I currently use (TWRP 2.5) - and especially if there's no way back from ME7 to MDK.

Please clarify for me!

Thank you sbreen, for all the work you've done on this ROM - this is the first ROM I've put on my S4 since I got it - I did nothing more than root the day I purchased it a couple months ago waiting for something like Hyperdrive offers, and I have to say that so far, I've been impressed with it's speed and customization!

Thanks again!

If you want to you can flash to an MDK based Rom after flashing Hyperdrive. The thing to be concerned about when talking about ME7 is not the Rom per say but the bootloader lock out that the OTA has. Flashing a Rom (especially pre-rooted ad 99. 9% are if not 100) does not touch your bootloader so there is no worry about losing custom recovery or root flashing an ME7 based Rom like RLS8

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
Is it possible to get the Blue Lighting lockscreen without flashing the whole 'color' theme? I really love it but want to keep stock feel

sbreen94

Apr 18, 2012

Please clarify for me!

Thanks again!

You can flash my rom with complete safery. What I've done is basically pull the system minus the bootloader part. I believe you are talking about the radio/baseband you are on! Mdk or me7 which is your choice :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

dr_g_baby

Jul 29, 2013
I flashed 8.1 today. Again, just like rls 7, I have to double tap a song on the play music app for viper to work. This is really annoying. Also when I use the volume rocker to increase our decrease my ringer, the box just stays on the screen unless I touch the screen. Any fixes for these?

kinglunatic87

Jun 12, 2013
Chicago
hyperdrive at@t support thread????

Hi, I know this isn't the correct thread for my question but hopefully someone can help. I've spent days searching for this fix.

I have the at t gs3 and my data/internet doesn't work at all. I'm on the latest hyperdrive ROM. Anyone know what thread I can get help in or know a fix to this?? I love this ROM so any help or a nudge in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks again and sorry I know this isn't the correct place but i dont have enough post to post on the hyperdrive rom.

Yes I have 3x wiped everything
I'm on stock kernal included with the ROM

radpp16

Sep 6, 2011
How can I use the aosp wallpapers for lockscreen?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hyperdrive Rom Support Thread

This Thread is Started for Help and Support for those Members who cannot post in development threads or do not have enough posts to do so.

• You may ask your general questions/issues here.
    • Please respect all members, especially those trying to provide you with help.

• Please read the Frequently Asked Questions in the Rom Thread HERE before asking questions

Thank you
    If people take some time in reading some threads, they would cause themselves and this community less problems. Understand your phone, have understanding rooting, understand what you can and can't do with what base you have, understand odin, adb.

If you are going to risk modding your phone please take some time to understand what is invovled and what you need to know and understand...I would say we have so many duplicate questions and duplicate issues because people are not taking responsibility first in reading.

Many of us are here in this forum to help because we have gone thru similar situations.

HD12 can only run on andriod 4.3 base which is MJ7 or MK2 (verizon)........
    the only safestrap version it can run on is v3.70

knowing just those 2 things answers a couple hundred posts
    The bug tracker is missing the very obvious "Encrypt this device" does not work properly. After the phone is encrypted and reboots, the rom fails to produce a keyboard to input a pin. This has been this way at a minimum over the last two releases of HD and I am unsure if this feature has ever worked on S4 variant.

Yesterday I put a new rom on my s4 and my nexus7 and both encrypted and allowed a pin input with no issue. So this problem seems like something that can be fixed.

Also, the lack of pin input means that you will be locked out of your phone. If you had not made a nandroid backup, you then have to rebuild your sh*t from scratch.

I'll go ahead and keep that cup of coffee for myself now thanks.. Update your bug tracker.

trollsohard@rebelbas.es
    Keep your coffee for yourself and enjoy stock. People like you are why devs leave.
    Looks like version 12 bricked my Verizon S4! It was running just fine on the latest 10 release now it will not boot up. I am VERY upset about this and recommend no one updates to the latest version. Now I have to go without a phone until I can sell something to buy a new one. Thanks for ruining my phone.

If you bricked your phone flashing a rom you're an idiot who shouldn't be running custom software on an expensive device.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    I keep getting an error after flashing can someone please help

If someone correctly guesses what your error is, what do they win?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app