[Q&A] Lenovo phones / Cybermaus ROM's (A750, A789, P700i, A660)

Search This thread

Lapkuch

Feb 7, 2014
Turning off camera sound

Is there a way to turn off camera shutter sound?

use "Camera Sound off! (root)" app from play

note: for rooted phones only

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Hi cybermaus,
I recently got my first android phone Lenovo A660 with rooted multi-language rom
Android ver: 4.0.4
Build number: A660_S019_120824
It had google play preinstalled, booting animation is some wierd orange circle symbol(maybe lenovo butterfly).

I have spotted tons of bugs:
1) setting crashes when I want to backup to SD card
2) phone reboots whenever I install app that "prefers external storage" or
3) whenever I try to move apps to SD card
4) phone often gets "system UI" has stopped error and even turning phone off and on sometimes doesn't help
5) my contacts sometimes disappear
6) messages sometimes doesn't work

So I started to search for some other rom and find yours.
But I have few questions:
Is the 4th button bug fixed? I have read some comments complaining about it.
What is ID caller bug?
Are there any other bugs in your rom? Is your rom "safe" for A660?

Thanks for any help

dieselek

Nov 22, 2012
Is there any place where I can dwonload A789_S227_cybermaus_V2 (it's not available on the cybermaus share)? Actually what I need is the scatter file (not attached to the latest version of the rom) to unbrick my phone.

Tehs

Jan 10, 2014
Can i replace one of the calendar's apk of this rom to my stock odexed rom. My calendar is in english but shows some chinese characters. my phone is lenovo a660.

Attachments

• calendar.png
    calendar.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 64

paddymcn

Jul 28, 2007
Belfast
Is there any place where I can dwonload A789_S227_cybermaus_V2 (it's not available on the cybermaus share)? Actually what I need is the scatter file (not attached to the latest version of the rom) to unbrick my phone.

I would have liked this too but in the end simply flashed the recovery scatter file and installed v3 through recovery.

I have an issue with calls whereby I can hear everyone clearly but everyone I speak to suggests I'm ringing from inside a bubble :(

I've had a good rummage round and cannot see anyone else with a similar problem which suggests to me I have have a hardware issue?

That said, video and music playback together with sound and video recording are all excellent :confused:

Any and all comments or opinions will be given serious consideration, thanks

tusharjain95

Jan 7, 2014
new Delhi
wohoooo got the code

Hey brothers for those who have been waiting for source.codes to develop custom roms for our lenovo phones, the wait is now over....lenovo has released.source codes for many on its official site...I have already downloaded lenovo p700i source code....please make jelly bean rom for it now...can't wait 4 it

digitalac

Apr 24, 2014
I have Lenovo P770, and after all I will say - too bad phone for me. Because terrible camera as first. Now I˙m waiting Elephone P6S.

tusharjain95

Jan 7, 2014
new Delhi
this is the wrong forum bro...

I have Lenovo P770, and after all I will say - too bad phone for me. Because terrible camera as first. Now I˙m waiting Elephone P6S.

let me remind you my friend we are not here to tell pros n cons of phones...we must make cybermaus listen to the demand for roms...also capabilities of phones can be improved by roms...only devs like cybermaus can do that...still no offence meant!

anastasssia

Apr 30, 2014
Hi i accidently delete my file on file browser on my new lenevo hp. How do i want to recover those files. Is there any software or apps related to that.

mohit_gkp

Mar 6, 2009
Need help : Recovery for Lenovo A600E

I have rooted my Lenovo A600E using Framaroot and it is successfully rooted. I have also found fastboot working with my Lenovo A600E. For this I have installed LeTools_MultiLang_x86_x64_Full_setup_20320.exe (Googled it) and used fastboot available with tool. Other fastboot exe won't see Lenovo phones.

Code:
D:\Tools\Lenovo>adb reboot bootloader

D:\Tools\Lenovo>fastboot devices
A600e   fastboot

I didn't found a recovery for my specific model so I picked up other Lenovo recoveries and tried to flash it. after running fastboot flash recovery recovery.img:

Code:
D:\Tools\Lenovo>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  sending 'recovery' (3060 KB)... OKAY [  0.338s]
            writing 'recovery'... OKAY [  0.652s]
finished. total time: 0.992s

but it didn't work and I have lost stock recovery. If someone can help me with recovery I will be very thankful.

My phone is still working fine with normal boot. Only I can't boot into recovery.

Last edited:

tusharjain95

Jan 7, 2014
new Delhi
try it out

I have rooted my Lenovo A600E using Framaroot and it is successfully rooted. I have also found fastboot working with my Lenovo A600E. For this I have installed LeTools_MultiLang_x86_x64_Full_setup_20320.exe (Googled it) and used fastboot available with tool. Other fastboot exe won't see Lenovo phones.

Code:
D:\Tools\Lenovo>adb reboot bootloader

D:\Tools\Lenovo>fastboot devices
A600e   fastboot

I didn't found a recovery for my specific model so I picked up other Lenovo recoveries and tried to flash it. after running fastboot flash recovery recovery.img:

Code:
D:\Tools\Lenovo>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  sending 'recovery' (3060 KB)... OKAY [  0.338s]
            writing 'recovery'... OKAY [  0.652s]
finished. total time: 0.992s

but it didn't work and I have lost stock recovery. If someone can help me with recovery I will be very thankful.

My phone is still working fine with normal boot. Only I can't boot into recovery.
hey brother!!!
you can try this out....i have heard that there is a recovery builder on cwm's website...it will build a suitable recovery if you upload suitable files like boot.img and others of your model....try building it out and flashing it...should work...anyway hit thanx if i helped you out...i too feel lack of resources for the lenovo phones....

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Hi i accidently delete my file on file browser on my new lenevo hp. How do i want to recover those files. Is there any software or apps related to that.

i dont think a deleted app can be recovered...still you can find suitable app for your model and push it into system...tell me your model...may be ill help you out...you can always download some other browser like chrome and others from he play store...should work like a charm...

filarhos

Jun 22, 2013
Problem p700i with sim2 not connecting with network

Hi I am facing a very strange problem with my p700i.
I have it for over ten months without a thing (cybermaus rom v3.2 from the first boot). Yesterday I tried to make a call and I couldn't. The signal was 3 to 4 bars but when I tried to make a call the phone went to the screen of calling but there was not any tone and after fifteen seconds went to the previus screen. Today I tried to flash again the same rom and wipe from recovery everything and I managed to have a working sim1 (3G) but the second does the same. After I flashed the untested rom v3.21 to see if anything changes, but without any luck.
I installed some apps like sim card manager and the network state is: in service.
The signal at sim2 is 3/4 or 4/4 but I cannot make any call or receive any. When I try from the setting/networks to search for the network operator it finds the provider. But when I choose it loses the signal and appears restricted access and no service, while trying to register on the provider. After a while stops and the signal comes back but again I cannot call.
The sim reader says that sim is ready, current cell id and location area code fffffff and service state powered off (why? how can I turn it on?).

I made some research and some said about the imei, /efs and modem.bin but I dont know what to do.
The imei has not deleted for sim1 is the same as the box but for the sim2 is the same number plus 8 (that look odd I thought was one).

Thank you for the help!!!

filarhos

Jun 22, 2013
I have it for over ten months without a thing (cybermaus rom v3.2 from the first boot). Yesterday I tried to make a call and I couldn't. The signal was 3 to 4 bars but when I tried to make a call the phone went to the screen of calling but there was not any tone and after fifteen seconds went to the previus screen. Today I tried to flash again the same rom and wipe from recovery everything and I managed to have a working sim1 (3G) but the second does the same. After I flashed the untested rom v3.21 to see if anything changes, but without any luck.
I installed some apps like sim card manager and the network state is: in service.
The signal at sim2 is 3/4 or 4/4 but I cannot make any call or receive any. When I try from the setting/networks to search for the network operator it finds the provider. But when I choose it loses the signal and appears restricted access and no service, while trying to register on the provider. After a while stops and the signal comes back but again I cannot call.
The sim reader says that sim is ready, current cell id and location area code fffffff and service state powered off (why? how can I turn it on?).

I made some research and some said about the imei, /efs and modem.bin but I dont know what to do.
The imei has not deleted for sim1 is the same as the box but for the sim2 is the same number plus 8 (that look odd I thought was one).

I am continuing the search and I came up with changing the radio firmware. What is your opinion?

karenyhl

Jun 25, 2014
P700i

Lenovo P700i also own one problem, no camera flash and it drinks power terrible.

puteraezal

Jul 2, 2014
lenovo A560

i all expert..i'm newbizz need ur help any custom rom for A560 coz i'm frustrated trying install google play always stop services....i'm looking any custom rom which i can get play store and my storage.thank you guys :(

iZLeeP

Jan 23, 2014
Manila
Lenovo P700i also own one problem, no camera flash and it drinks power terrible.

Are you rooted? Download and install No-frills CPU Control. Set the following:

Code:
Max clock freq. = 1Ghz
Min clock freq. = 250mhz
Governor = Ondemand
I/O scheduler = Deadline or Noop

Check "Apply on boot".

In preferences/settings, check also, "disable safety valve", "prevent changes from other...", and "include deep sleep".

Click APPLY and reboot. On restart, you should see the settings being applied. It will help with the power issue of P700i.

saszapowicz

Jul 19, 2014
LEnovo s660 "Kernel Image Incorrect!!! shut odwn after x"

Hello
for lenovo S660 from China have uploaded rom LENOVO_S039_PSIHOP_v9 for the mobile version of europejskąpo which in no way

wants to run every time pops up the message "Kernel Image Incorrect!!! shut odwn after x"

please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

I am opening up this Q&A thread as extension to my ROM threads, for the simple reason that ever since there is a limitation preventing new users from posting in development threads, I get flooded with PM's. So I intent to move any Q&A, help requests, as well as free and open discussions between users here.

Since the A750 and A789 are so similar, and I put the same stuff in them, I extent both into this one Q&A thread, and in fact, much of it knowledge applies to other Lenovo's like the P700, P700i, S880, A660 which are again very similar and I even use them as basis of my ROM.

Also, I am not intending to be topic police. Like in my other threads, I do not mind if you guys share knowledge about APKHOT or Smileyvvv or Etotalk ROM. As long as it is helpful. Also, I may not always reply myself, so feel free to help each other.

Link to the original threads:
    [ROM][2012.xx.xx] Lenovo A750 custom ROM (GB&ICS). <last page>
    [ROM][2012.xx.xx] Lenovo A789,P700i,A660 factory&custom ROM (ICS). <last page>

Other related threads (not all mine):
    CWM flashing tutorial (update using recovery)
    MT6575 flashing tutorial (update using flash utility
    Lenovo Original recovery tutorial
    [SCRIPTS] Unpack / repack MT65xx boot.img, recovery.img or logo.bin
    [REF] Unpacking and repacking stock rom .img files
    [UTIL][APP]Lenovo Security / LeSec app (anti-virus/spam/theft/firewall)
    [TOOL][TUT]Backup and Restore Mediatek based phone's IMEI
    How to DIY : Self root/gapps/playstore/locationfix/clean my ROM

This is a guide on how to root & cleanup your China ROM yourself. It will probably work on all ICS China phones. But it requires & starts with the availability of a recovery image for your phone

There are in fact a few steps:
    - Get a proper recovery image for your phone.
    - Root it by installing Chainfire's root package
    - Install Google GMS ('GAPPS') to get Play Store and Localisation to work
    And optionally
    - Install Mobile UncleToolset
    - Install an extra small fix with location services
    - Install an extra small fix with latest APN list
    - Install an extra fix to remove well known Chinese system apps

Recovery image
    The Recovery Image allows you to boot into an alternative small Linux that you can then use to update the main Android. Updates usually come in "update.zip" scripted files. And the recovery has some other utilities like backup or wipe the entire phone. Getting a working recovery for your phone is step number one, because if you have a recovery, you can do everything else.

To check if you already have a recovery: Well, try to boot into it. The boot sequence may vary with the phone, but on MediaTek phones it is usually to replace the battery and then press&hold both volume buttons while powering up. I have seen it where you need to actually press the power button a split second before pressing both volume buttons. Try a few times, replacing the battery each time.

If you get to a screen that reads CWMR or CWMR Touch (short for ClockWorkModRecovery), you are all set and can continue with rooting. CWMR it is the most common open recovery image. If your recovery is closed, then you need to search the web for a working recovery for your specific model. Each brand and model needs its own recovery, because screen drivers, buttons and partition tables may differ.

Search the web is the best advise. Search wide and search deep. If you cannot find any recovery, then see if you can find a full ROM for your phone. If you have a working ROM image, then there are people on XDA that can make a recovery for you, but typically you need to show/prove that you have really tried to find one yourself.

Flashing a recovery
    If you do find a recovery, that you suspect is the correct one for your ROM, then comes the scary part: Flashing the recovery to the phone.

This paragraph is specific to Mediatek based phones. On different hardware you also need a recovery, and once you have a recovery, you can use the other parts of this post, but how to flash other hardware, I do not know, sorry

Flashing using the flash tool is scary to new users. Because new users suspect that if they mess it up, the phone dies. And this is correct! But if you only flash the recovery.img part, you should be fairly safe. Read this manual on flashing. Getting the USB driver installed is sometimes a bit tricky, you may also want to read post #21 and post #25 for help.

I have seen several people asking 'where to find the scatter file'. Well, it comes with the ROM you want to flash. If your ROM file does not come with a scatter file, then is not a ROM file that can be flashed with the flash utility, but with an open recovery.

Rooting
    Once you have a working recovery, the rest is simple. For rooting, simply install (from inside the recovery) chainfire's "CMW installable ZIP"
    Link to his post: (ignore his big red 'requires root' warning). The file you need is labeled "CWM installable ZIP" at the bottom. Direct link to the file you need to install via recovery update.zip

This usually works by putting the zip file on the SD card (its name can be anything, though for some limited recoveries it sometimes must be named 'update.zip'), booting into recovery, and selecting the zip file to update.

Google GMS (Market/Play Store, Location, etc)
    Simply install the latest Google Mobile Services (better known as GAPPS) from CyanogenMod V9. This is their explaining wiki from CyanogenMod
    The file you need is called gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip for ICS and gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip for JB and can be found here. You probably also want to wipe your cache partition after doing this.

Mobile Uncle toolset
    Just install this program apk (so not through the recovery, just install it normally). Or search the web for the latest one.

Fix location services
    If location services does not work, do apply Google GMS (GAPPS) above. If it still does not work, it may be because the phone is programmed to use Chinese location services. This patch will tell it to use GMS. The patch will apply, and probably even work, on all ICS phones. But was originally made&tested on a Lenovo A750 ICS. Its called V1.3 because many people have downloaded the A750 v1.3 patch and used it on many MT6575 phones. It is still the same patch, except the update.zip is tweaked to work on any ICS phone, not only MT6575 ones.

Sometimes you also need to go into MobileUncle tool, the MTK Engineer mode, and in location settings. Depending on your exact model, somewhere in there is a NetLoc or NetLocation and a GeoCoding setting, with options of MEDIATEK and GOOGLE. Ensure they are set to GOOGLE.

After messing with location settings, it is best to also wipe cache.

Fix APN list (or My 3G does not connect!)
    You can always add your own APN (Access Point Names) from the settings menu. Just add your own, and select that over the pre-build one. But this package will update with the latest list as maintained by CyanogenMod 9. The update.zip was made in such a way it should work on all ICS phones, Mediatek or other.

Clean well known Chinese system apps
    <patch still coming>

==========================================

List of known recovery images for Mediatek Flash tool:
    Lenovo A750 : 592zn : See also this post #607, nandroid backup does not work.
    Lenovo A789 : 592zn or APKHOT
    Lenovo P700i : My own, based on APKHOT with CWM.
    Lenovo P700 : My own, based on CWMT / 592zn. nandroid backup will not work.
    Lenovo A660 : My own, based on APKHOT with CWM
    Lenovo S560 : My own, based on APKHOT with CWM (as yet untested)

Additional Recovery Images in this post.

If you feel you searched all over the web, and could not find a recovery for your model, and you next feel you should ask me or one of the other people on XDA to make you one (which I am not encouraging), than please be aware we need at least a 'standard ROM' for your phone to start from. Without it, I can do nothing. So go back out there, and find a standard ROM, does not matter what language, as long as it is for your specific phone model and known to work.

Also, as an extra warning : If you are flashing, and you experiment with 'suspicious' ROM sources, *never ever* flash the preloader, mbr, ebr uboot. Only flash those from a trusted source and if they belong to your exact brand and model phone.
    I created a port of the TWRP graphical/touch recovery for the A750, the A660, the A789 and the P700i

The recoveries zip files above were made in such a way they can be applied with the flash tool (scatter file included) or with another recovery (update.zip style)
    lolo250612 said:
    Hello from France,

Just a little message to thank you very much for your very useful "Lenovo A789 factory&custom ROM (ICS)" thread. I have just bought a A789 from etotalk, and your posts really help to master the beast.

I can't participate to the thread because I am a new member and consequently can't post message to this development thread. And this very sad, because I have discovered a shortcoming of this phone. Apparently, the ICS entire phone encryption does not work and, according to some information I have gathered around the web, it may be due to the fact that the internal sd partition is not ext4 which seems to be required.

It may be due to the fact that the kernel does not support ext4. If this was the case, I would be very pleased to activate the option, recompile it and share the result with other people at xda. I have done it for two types of Samsung Galaxy phones.

In this case, the two problems I would be faced with are:
    1) Getting the kernel sources. For Samsung it is quite easy. For Lenovo, I am not able to find them (I can't read Chinese).
    2) The process to package the new compiled kernel to a zip, compatible with cwm.

Anyway, thanks for your help and to share your knowledge.

Sheers,

Laurent

cybermaus said:
    well, not sure about encryption, but I can *assure* you that the phone supports ext4, because in fact the root; system; cache; secro and data partitions are all in ext4 . I know that quite certain, because to unpack/repack, I need to recreate an ext4 loop device.

Internal SD is indeed FAT partition. But it is normal for SD to be FAT

It is possible the encryption fails on the FAT of the SD card. It is an internal device, if that encryption utility tries to parse all the internal partitions, it may fail on FAT, but I am guessing here. However, then it would fail on pretty much all recent china phones, they all seem to have this internal SD card. You could try to simply format the internal SD as ext4.

I do not think it would fail on the recovery or boot sections. Those are all nicely wrapped up in the first partition of the emmc chip (emmc0p0 or something) in a proprietary filesystem, as I suspect true for all Androids. So your tool would know to exclude that the first one. However, if you want, you can get the original recovery you asked about from the original A789 ROM in my Dev-Host.

Edit: Encryption issue solved, see post#9 below
    Sorry, I am not doing Languages.

Still to busy to finish the latest builds for the A660, A789 and S560, but they will happen, at the very least the recovery images.