[Q&A] LineageOS [User Support]

Search This thread

dmcgregor

Dec 2, 2014
I realize that development on this and the thread in general seems to be fairly dead, but going to just check and see if anyone can offer any advice. When I first flashed this build I had some troubles with calls getting dropped, but after flashing to a newer modem they seemed to get better, but that was about two months ago now, and things have slowly started to get worse. I have much poorer signal than I did with my old phone, and calls get dropped if I move to the wrong side of the apartment. And data has gotten very unreliable, it will switch between LTE, 3G, 1x and no data all at the same place, and in a location where I should definitely have LTE. And one of the best features of the ROM, the great battery life, has gone down hill over this same time period. I used to easily be able to get 2 or 3 days of moderate use. Today I've barely touched my phone and I was down to 10% in 14 hours, with 20% of that attributed to LineageOS and 6% Android OS.

I'm on the CQB2 modem, is that the best one? I love the interface of Lineage and the privacy tools, but need my phone to actually work reliably as a phone even more. Are there other CM-like ROMs under more active development that might be more stable?

sandypitcj

Dec 28, 2016
I realize that development on this and the thread in general seems to be fairly dead, but going to just check and see if anyone can offer any advice. When I first flashed this build I had some troubles with calls getting dropped, but after flashing to a newer modem they seemed to get better, but that was about two months ago now, and things have slowly started to get worse. I have much poorer signal than I did with my old phone, and calls get dropped if I move to the wrong side of the apartment. And data has gotten very unreliable, it will switch between LTE, 3G, 1x and no data all at the same place, and in a location where I should definitely have LTE. And one of the best features of the ROM, the great battery life, has gone down hill over this same time period. I used to easily be able to get 2 or 3 days of moderate use. Today I've barely touched my phone and I was down to 10% in 14 hours, with 20% of that attributed to LineageOS and 6% Android OS.

I'm on the CQB2 modem, is that the best one? I love the interface of Lineage and the privacy tools, but need my phone to actually work reliably as a phone even more. Are there other CM-like ROMs under more active development that might be more stable?
They're not under active development, but Emotion and Resurrection Remix are both very stable.

GTRHitman

Dec 21, 2014
Hello,
Awesome rom, I'm loving it! However, there seems to be a tiny issue I'm having with alarms.
In power saver mode, my alarms don't vibrate (I use vibrate alarms only), but they play the ringtones. I just flashed from Jasmine rom 6, where I left it on Battery saver 24/7.
Is leaving it in Balanced profile decent enough for battery life by relying on Doze?
Or if Power Saver/Battery Saver is better, is it possible to enable vibrate alarms in this profile? Is anyone else having alarms not vibrate in this profile?

dmcgregor

Dec 2, 2014
I'm finally ready to try moving to another ROM. My Note 4 has been on a shelf for the last couple of months since it basically became useless as a phone, and I've been using my Note 2 instead (which is only marginally better). So today I decided to try to flash Resurrection Remix, but when I booted into recovery I was surprised to find that somewhere along the way I lost TWRP and now have a custom Lineage recovery. Do I need to get TWRP back before I can flash RR?

wowmauri

Jan 23, 2013
Hey , despite flashing DRM zip in original post and sideloading netflix app downloaded from apkmirror, i cant make netflix work , i keep getting (500.-1006) error ! :( what can i do to make it work, leaving that behind, the rom is excelent and the battery life is superb!

GTRHitman

Dec 21, 2014
Just wanted to report; if for whatever reason the default Music app is unresponsive and you use the Volume up + power or Volume Down +Power to change songs while the screen is off, it will make your phone completely unresponsive. I'm assuming it's trying to change songs with the music app, but as the music app is frozen/unresponsive, the action never gets completed. There is no way to kill it other than a battery pull or to run out of power.

Edit: I've been having the app become unresponsive sometimes when switching to shuffle mode and then changing songs. All music is on the external SD card.
Edit2: CallRecordings do not show up in the CallRecording folder on the phone unless the phone connects to a computer via USB. And when you do, sometimes all of them do not show up.

Last edited:

fbarcenas

Mar 22, 2011
New Brunswick
Hi, I have a stock SM-N910V and I'd like to know what I need to do to put LIneage 7.1.1 on my Note 4. I probably have a stock/locked bootloader so keep that in mind when giving me instructions on what I should do.

I saw this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/not...-1-to-t3426905
and thought I could just substitute the lineageos rom at the end instead of Cm13, but was unsure if leaving it on N910VVRU2CPF3_PartialFirmware_PatechedKernel.tar.m d5.7z for LineageOS would work or if there was a better way to get there.

I posted this by mistake on the ROM thread. I couldn't figure out how to delete it.

bengxe

Mar 9, 2018
I'm a newb to this, but that is exactly what i did and everything is working fine. I substituted in the rom and twrp from the lineage instructions, but otherwise I just followed JacekRing's guide.

Wetzel402

Jan 7, 2012
Flashing Magisk results in a boot loop on this ROM even though I find many sources saying it should work with Linage OS. I found that I never enabled root in the developer setting but still have root access. I wonder if this is partly why Magisk fails to work. Any ideas? I'm not knowledgeable enough about boot.img to know what is happening.

Top Liked Posts