[Q&A] [NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 for Samsung ExpressATT (SGH-I437)

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 for Samsung ExpressATT (SGH-I437)

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 for Samsung ExpressATT (SGH-I437). If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

long2ski

May 18, 2014
Bluetooth connection

Since I'm a newb and have less than 10 posts I can't post to the best thread so I'm hoping someone can help out. I have installed cm11 several times but revert to stock every time because bluetooth seems to have connection issues. I have a Samsung Galaxy express i437. When any bluetooth device connects it does s not recognize it except as "a device has connected". I can't get phone calls to connect and callers can't hear me. Any suggestions?

long2ski

May 18, 2014
Samsung i437: help to get bluetooth to work

I am now back on cm11 (11-06-14) nightly after switching back and forth to stock and still cannot get bluetooth to work to connect to my car speaker. Any suggestions? It works perfectly on stock but when connecting the bluetooth identifies my phone as "a device has connected" and phone audio does not work at all. It does not seem to matter what nightly or build I am on as I get the same result no matter what. Any ideas at all?

long2ski

May 18, 2014
Still hoping for some help on Bluetooth. Is it just accepted that it does not work or am I missing something?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Free mobile app

long2ski

May 18, 2014
One Plus one

If flashed the one plus one mod but unlike other posts, mine force closes the camera, adding, etc. Any ideas?

long2ski

May 18, 2014
One plus one?

Posting here because I don't have enough 10 posts. Anyone get one plus one mod to work seamlessly? Camera and audoifx both crash on i437 running cm11 m11 or nightly.

Jo3Pi

Dec 29, 2014
Cannot connect with Data on 11.2 Rom

Is everyone else able to connect with AT&T on LTE? I cannot connect with that or with 3G, only wifi.

long2ski

May 18, 2014
Since no one else seems to reply in this thread I will give it my best shot. I don't use data connections so this is just a guess but did you set the apn to "phone" or leave it on "lte". The research I did awhile ago on att used that apn. It's worth a shot.

Jo3Pi

Dec 29, 2014
That worked perfect, thank you Long2Ski

Thanks again

Since no one else seems to reply in this thread I will give it my best shot. I don't use data connections so this is just a guess but did you set the apn to "phone" or leave it on "lte". The research I did awhile ago on att used that apn. It's worth a shot.

i437Vzla

Jan 5, 2015
CyanogenMod consume much battery

Hello everyone! I have a problem with Cyanogenmod 11 on my Samsung Express i437.

Cell battery did not last long.

battery consumption of the display is more than 60 %

How can I fix this problem? Thanks for reading.

GottJammern

Jan 22, 2015
Cannot Send/Receive MMS?

UPDATE: Solved by going to Settings > Mobile Network > (Setting Preferred network type to 3G), >Access Point Names (Then selecting ATT at the top and changing the info to this site: apn-settings.com/us/att-apn-settings/ ) if it wasn't already. Now it works like a charm!

I cannot send nor receive multimedia messages. I have updated to the newest nightly, and still cannot.
When I try to send a picture, it tells me as soon as I hit send "Currently cannot send this multimedia message. It will be sent when the service becomes available."

Last edited:

noelleecrane

Feb 16, 2015
Consumer Cellular APN

Update: these settings Work for Consumer Cellular!, remove spaces to use
Name: CC LTE
APN: Ccd ata
MMSC: http : / mmsc. mobile. att. net
MMS proxy: proxy. mobule . att. net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: none
APN type: default,supl,mms

I have an unlocked expressatt running CM11 on Consumer Cellular. I have tried the settings that CC has on its site and the settings that other CC phones use. Nothing works. Is this bc of the custom ROM or my phone? Before I flashed the ROM everything was fine. Also, I am unable to select the 4G setting, it just changes back to 3G.

APN Settings: (anything not mentioned is left blank or unchangeable, remove spaces in links)
name: CC 3G
APN: att. mvno
Proxy: proxy. mvno. cc mobile web. com
Port: 80
MMSC: http : // mmsc. cingular. com
MMS Proxy: proxy. mvno. cc mobile web. com
MMS Port: 80
Authentication Type: none
APN Type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota

Name: CC LTE
APN: ccdata
MMSC: http : / mmsc. mobile. att. net
MMS proxy: proxy. mobule . att. net
MMS port: 80
Authentication type: none
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota

Last edited:

PHILLIPSCOTT1169

Feb 6, 2015
nashville
galaxy express i437 att cm11 cm12

i am a new member to this site ..got a lot of very usefull info ......i am very happy with the cm11 for my galaxy express att i-437.......not really a noob to this hacking devices...kinda new to devlopement(writing code as it were) ....but who ever it is that made this all possible for me to update my device...i greatly appreciate it ...i luv my device more than ever now......waa gone get rid of it but now im gona keep it lol .....so thanks for all ur hard work ....and if a cm12 thread ever gets goin on ..i wud luv to be apart of it and cud i get a link ..........and keep up all the good work and thanks again .....

noelleecrane

Feb 16, 2015
Hello everyone! I have a problem with Cyanogenmod 11 on my Samsung Express i437.

Cell battery did not last long.

battery consumption of the display is more than 60 %

How can I fix this problem? Thanks for reading.

Possible problems:
Screen at full brightness, auto brightness on, high power setting is on, old nightly version

Also, what is "long" for you and what were you doing on the phone? Obviously games and shopping will take up a lot of battery. It is normal for your screen to take up the most battery. A normal battery should last 5 to 8 hours based on use.

Hope this helps!

wkamora

Apr 3, 2015
Thank you

I have 4 Samsung Galaxy Express i437z phones. The oem rom was terrible, slow, and laggy, put the latest CM11 nightly on and they are like different phones. Thanks again!

amanda20102

Jun 4, 2015
Upgrade Samsung ExpressATT (i437) to 4.3 Jelly Bean

I'm completely new to this so please forgive me. Last week I went through the process of rooting my phone. Now I am looking to upgrade my Samsung Express i437 from 4.1.2. to 4.3+. I'm trying to follow the tutorials and steps in the threads but having trouble following some of the terminology. I've downloaded this ROM: cm-11-20150531-NIGHTLY-expressatt.zip and downloaded ROM Manager (stuck on trying to install ClockwordMod Recovery) from the Play Store. When I try to install CWM by selecting Galaxy Express on my phone I tap it and it doesn't do anything. Maybe I'm missing something? I'm very new to all this. Any help would be appreciated - thank you!