[Q&A] [NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S

Search This thread

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Good morning guys.
I use Mia ROM rooted fw 2.2.1 on my Galaxy SL i9300.

Can i flash directly this ROM on my device to update it or there are other best light ROM for my device?

I think you mean SL i9003? S3 (i9300) has no froyo.....

No, you have to look in thread for i9003, there is dhiru's port of CM11 (but CM10.2 works better IMHO). Before that you will have to flash twice DDLF2 factory image and root.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

Reactions: kla1974

iHell

Feb 26, 2015
Help?

after doing this... my phone stuck on samsung anycall.... some1 help pls... i cant find a solution...

iHell

Feb 26, 2015
Could it be that you don't own an i9000 but M110S? Then you need to flash it back to stock, check xsenman's sticky help thread.

tetakpatalked from the legendary i9000

Owh i dont know about that ...but it shown i9000 when checked before.. nvm then.. will try to read about xsenman sticky.... hope i can solve this problem... T-T

After awhile playing with volume, power and home button, I can enter download mode...
If press normal power button/trying to enter recovery mode it will show samsung anycall...
so bad.... hope someone can help me solve this

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
@iHell yes, it is a M110S, thus korean version of the phone.

You have to revert it back to stock, you can't use any files for i9000 on it.

tetakpatalked from A0001-OPO

Reactions: iHell

iHell

Feb 26, 2015

owh.... sad i dont know my phone was korean version not i9000...
btw thanks for suggest me to read about xsenman post and after 5 hours I spend last night,
I can access it using Odin and now I will try to revert it back...
Love this awesome FORUM and the members XD...

Feb 20, 2015
OK, mate.... you seem to be nice fellow, so I will try to help, answers in order of your questions:

• if you have dirty flashed CM11 build (over older version without formatting /data and /system): did you try pawitp's reset of wifi settings from the bottom of the OP in CM11 thread? Otherwise also changing wifi region might help (settings/wifi/advanced)
  • the i9000 has indeed only total 512 MB memory, of which some 364 MB can be used normally. Well, you can increase these by flashing in recovery mode zips of Semaphore kernel for KK (3.4.3) and right after that BigMem libs for KK from Mackay KK ROM Thread. Then enable in the app "Semaphore Manager" (Play Store) BigMem option, reboot, and you will have by default 407 MB memory.
  • I fail to understand your last question: do you mean that the phone freezes, reboots, or "brick"? Bricking would mean that your OS fails and you have to flash ROM again or restore backup??

- I already did do the formatting, but I maybe should try this. Can you please be more specific on how to do this, cause I don't really understand how to do the wifi reset, should I do it by using Terminal or something?
- Thanks for the suggestion here, I might try that.
- Actually, I meant my phone freezes, sorry for using the wrong word. Luckily, it has never bricked. :)

Thanks a lot for your help mate, I really appreciate that. :)

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
- I already did do the formatting, but I maybe should try this. Can you please be more specific on how to do this, cause I don't really understand how to do the wifi reset, should I do it by using Terminal or something?
- Thanks for the suggestion here, I might try that.
- Actually, I meant my phone freezes, sorry for using the wrong word. Luckily, it has never bricked. :)

Thanks a lot for your help mate, I really appreciate that. :)

Yes, reseting Wi-Fi can be done either in adb shell as root, or with terminal as root.

But hm, if I may ask.... why are you using build from November 2013 and not a newer one? KitKat was quite new then and the build might have plenty of little bugs.

If you haven't formatted /system before installing CM11 for the first time, I fear the best idea is to go off the scratch and reinstall all again, formatting: data, cache, dalvik cache and system. That will erase all your apps and settings and cost some time to set up all again.

For freezing during call: I saw that happening about half year ago on my wife's i9000. Meanwhile it is really slow and nothing works fast on it anymore. I think the lifetime of the flash memory is limited and the bigest problem by aging phones.

Qetesh

Mar 18, 2015
Galaxy S Ringtone problem

Even though the call apears on my screen, the phone does not ring, even though the sound is always at 100%
Phone model: Samsung Galaxy S(i9000)
CM version:11-20150316-NIGHTLY
I've also had the same problem in previous versions.
What should I do? Is there a fix?

btud63

Jul 12, 2011
iasi
battery saver like s5

for galaxy s i9000, it's possible to implement a function black&white screen display similar to galaxy s5 ?

rokkaku

Apr 7, 2015
cm-11-20150406-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd

Hello,
I just wanted to note, that I am very happy with the latest nightly. No problems so far and maybe a bit faster than the latest snapshot (cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-M12-galaxysmtd).
I used Kitkat Base Gapps Package gapps-444-base-20150404-1-signed
from here:
http://xdaforums.com/android/software/app-minimal-gapps-gapps-lp-20150107-1-t2997368
Many thanks to all developers.
-- Klaus

PS regarding SMS application: to switch from emoticon to enter key, the shift key (uppercase letters) has to be pressed.

Last edited:

emrekys

Mar 13, 2015
Doesnt this work with twrp ? I never used cmw so I was wondering if twrp works aswell ? Or doesnt twrp support this device even at all ? thanks in advance !

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Doesnt this work with twrp ? I never used cmw so I was wondering if twrp works aswell ? Or doesnt twrp support this device even at all ? thanks in advance !

On the i9000 recovery and kernel share the same partition, so you cannot flash recovery separately.

There are kernels like Mackay that feature TWRP

tetakpatalked from 1+One

Kaiyum

Sep 22, 2012
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Random Reboot (sm-g900f)

Hey, ive been having random reboot issues..
Sm-g900f
Stock Kernel
TWRP 2.8

Had stock rom rooted with CF-Autoroot,backed up everything with titanium backup and wiped from TWRP 2.8.
Installed Cm11 through TWRP also (Cm11 from 6 Nov 2014,repository latest klte update)
Flashed latest GAPPS (Cm11 20140606 from cm org)
Restored everything (user apps/data) and witnessed reboot..

Thought it was a fail or something so sticked with it..
Now i get a reboot when downloading/saving/writing files to phone
When i type quick enough for the kb to glitch,the phone reboots
When i lock screen sometimes it crashes...

And now here is the big question that matters most i think...Is CM 100% compatible with Xposed?
I see CM have most of the Xposed modules implemented in their ROMS but nonetheless not functioning as they would in Xposed...

Kaiyum

Sep 22, 2012
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hey, ive been having random reboot issues..
Sm-g900f
Stock Kernel
TWRP 2.8

Had stock rom rooted with CF-Autoroot,backed up everything with titanium backup and wiped from TWRP 2.8.
Installed Cm11 through TWRP also (Cm11 from 6 Nov 2014,repository latest klte update)
Flashed latest GAPPS (Cm11 20140606 from cm org)
Restored everything (user apps/data) and witnessed reboot..

Thought it was a fail or something so sticked with it..
Now i get a reboot when downloading/saving/writing files to phone
When i type quick enough for the kb to glitch,the phone reboots
When i lock screen sometimes it crashes...

And now here is the big question that matters most i think...Is CM 100% compatible with Xposed?
I see CM have most of the Xposed modules implemented in their ROMS but nonetheless not functioning as they would in Xposed...

Well i didn't find a proper/snapshot rls so im just gonna go stock 4.4.2... :(

Sent from outer space through a wormhole

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I really need help with this, why would you delete it? :(
    LOL :D I have deleted my own post that I wanted to write initially in the development thread (by mistake posted here)

tetakpatalked from N7100
    Oh, ok, lol. Sorry, I'm new here. :D So, can anyone help me with this?

OK, mate.... you seem to be nice fellow, so I will try to help, answers in order of your questions:

• if you have dirty flashed CM11 build (over older version without formatting /data and /system): did you try pawitp's reset of wifi settings from the bottom of the OP in CM11 thread? Otherwise also changing wifi region might help (settings/wifi/advanced)
    • the i9000 has indeed only total 512 MB memory, of which some 364 MB can be used normally. Well, you can increase these by flashing in recovery mode zips of Semaphore kernel for KK (3.4.3) and right after that BigMem libs for KK from Mackay KK ROM Thread. Then enable in the app "Semaphore Manager" (Play Store) BigMem option, reboot, and you will have by default 407 MB memory.
    • I fail to understand your last question: do you mean that the phone freezes, reboots, or "brick"? Bricking would mean that your OS fails and you have to flash ROM again or restore backup??
    Good morning guys.
    I use Mia ROM rooted fw 2.2.1 on my Galaxy SL i9300.

Can i flash directly this ROM on my device to update it or there are other best light ROM for my device?

I think you mean SL i9003? S3 (i9300) has no froyo.....

No, you have to look in thread for i9003, there is dhiru's port of CM11 (but CM10.2 works better IMHO). Before that you will have to flash twice DDLF2 factory image and root.

after doing this... my phone stuck on samsung anycall.... some1 help pls... i cant find a solution...

Could it be that you don't own an i9000 but M110S? Then you need to flash it back to stock, check xsenman's sticky help thread.

tetakpatalked from the legendary i9000