• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q&A] Noob -Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Search This thread

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
What does battery life look like with moderate to light usage?

I can get a couple days off charge with light useage. Sot wise I've gotten 4-5 hours with a day off charge just bleeding xda and Twitter.

I don't use any other social media apps that destroy Battey life though. No Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, none of that trash that kills batteries

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
I can get a couple days off charge with light useage. Sot wise I've gotten 4-5 hours with a day off charge just bleeding xda and Twitter.

I don't use any other social media apps that destroy Battey life though. No Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, none of that trash that kills batteries

I got ya, mine has to make it at least half to a full day, they go on the charger when not in use

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
So I guess I was a bit too optimistic, 15 days into owning my 6p, had ZERO issues, battery works amazing. Out of nowhere, starting this morning it has randomly rebooted over 15 times today without warning. Have a feeling thats a core issue? Gonna see if i can return it and get another, bad luck of the draw i think

StormCell

Jun 14, 2010
Bear Creek
Need some help. pls. Trying to Flash the 8.0 image. Following all the instructions I can find but no luck. Everything says to type 'Flash-All' in command line but that command does absolutely nothing. Says that is not the name of command or function. Tried to flash it using TWRP and that failed. Appreciate the assistance.

Einwod

Mar 1, 2011
Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Need some help. pls. Trying to Flash the 8.0 image. Following all the instructions I can find but no luck. Everything says to type 'Flash-All' in command line but that command does absolutely nothing. Says that is not the name of command or function. Tried to flash it using TWRP and that failed. Appreciate the assistance.
You extract the image to a folder on your computer, connect the device and then double click the flashall.bat file. That will begin the installation. Backup what you want first, the flashall.bat may wipe the device.

Sent from my Honor View 10 using XDA Labs

Reactions: StormCell

seraph_ll

Sep 24, 2019
Need some serious help! My Nexus 6P is on 8.0, it froze, shut off, didn't say "shutting down" and now the screen won't turn on and I think the motherboard has malfunctioned; PC isn't able to recognize it: (-Error- USB device not recognized. It malfunctioned. and windows is not able to recognize it.) Holding the power button sends notifications sounds to the PC about every 30 seconds but the phone is still a brick. Is there anyone who can knows someone who knows what to do to fix my device?

marianodelfino

Apr 30, 2015
Noob question

I bought a Nexus 6p recently, it has 8 cores activated no heating no nothing and sit at 6.0 . I already did oem unlock and usb debugging , both turned on. My question is is that i'm recieving 8.0 through OTA all the time, i was wondering that if i take it or not. If i take it would i suffer BLOD and have to force flash the fixed boot.img or at this point is it safe that i take that OTA update?

Thanks in advance

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
I bought a Nexus 6p recently, it has 8 cores activated no heating no nothing and sit at 6.0 . I already did oem unlock and usb debugging , both turned on. My question is is that i'm recieving 8.0 through OTA all the time, i was wondering that if i take it or not. If i take it would i suffer BLOD and have to force flash the fixed boot.img or at this point is it safe that i take that OTA update?

Thanks in advance

No, the BLOD is caused by a hardware failure

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Anyone else here use a Nexus 6P on T-Mobile, mine seems completely mentally stupid as is has tons of signal issues, but works fine on sprint and Verizon, but on TMO it has nonstop signal issues

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
No, the BLOD is caused by a hardware failure

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Anyone else here use a Nexus 6P on T-Mobile, mine seems completely mentally stupid as is has tons of signal issues, but works fine on sprint and Verizon, but on TMO it has nonstop signal issues

Are you verifying the signal issues versus another device running on tmo? Do you have service one day and not the next in the same area?

Your radio doesn't care what service you use, sounds like tmo is bad in your area. I used tmo in the 6p for a couple months then switched to att because tmo is garbage on central PA. I never noticed anything weird aside from them needing to build more towers.

archie222

Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone

I've got an old Nexus 6p which I have forgotten the password to, and I really want to recover my old files. It's stuck on the first screen where you can make an emergency call.

It's not rooted, no twrp, and I'm not sure if debugging is enabled but I want to say that it is. My pc recognizes the phone when it's in the recovery screen but otherwise it just charges. Can't access my files in any screen though.

I'd just like to know, is there any kind of hope for me accessing my old files? I just want all my old pictures, honestly.

Thanks in advance. :)

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
Are you verifying the signal issues versus another device running on tmo? Do you have service one day and not the next in the same area?

Your radio doesn't care what service you use, sounds like tmo is bad in your area. I used tmo in the 6p for a couple months then switched to att because tmo is garbage on central PA. I never noticed anything weird aside from them needing to build more towers.

TMO works fine on my nexus 4 with LTE, i have my own base stations.

Also works on my galaxy S5 and galaxy S3, my Nexus just will random disconnect and will show signal with no voice or data service(and eventually go to "no service"). It did work for a bit I think and then suddenly stopped. I have another 6p around somewhere, I should try it as well

Sorry it never showed you replied, I've tested in multiple areas including Chicago metro, which has very good TMO coverage. It's weird to me

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]
    RHMqaH1.jpg

Nexus 6P

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to thank an answer instead of posting "Thank you".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to the Nexus 6P
    z7e6jQa.jpg

List of supporters

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read

Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    I'm having a hard time deciding which color to choose, I searched only but there seems to be no pictures of the 3 different colors side by side.

Does anyone here found some? Please not the one provided by Google since IMO they don't represent the colors accurately.

Thanks.

As a future Nexus owner, Google is your friend.

Google-Nexus-6P-Hands-on-6.JPG.jpg

Google-Nexus-6P-back-Novet-2.jpg

nexus-6p-12.jpg
    Sometimes while unlocking the phone using fingerprint reader, it asks me for PIN too saying pin required for additional security. Its very random.
    Is it some sort of bug or designed that way. If designed that way, when does it asks to PIN?

It's just an extra security step. I used to see it with my phone a lot more in the beginning, but haven't seen it as much lately. Not sure if it is related to Smart Lock or just how many times you unlock between using a PIN.

Sometimes I use my PIN instead of fingerprint if my phone is laying flat on the table and I don't want to pick it up (holding something in my other hand, etc), so I might override that additional check by happenstance.
    From the Nexus Imprint help page:

Sometimes you might need to use your backup PIN, pattern, or password:

*When your fingerprint isn't recognized after a few tries
    *After restarting your device
    *After switching to a different user on the device
    *After more than 48 hours have passed since you last unlocked using your backup method

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6285273?hl=en

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    can anyone give me some insight into how I should go about rooting my new Nexus?

Just one word. Heisenberg
    I'm on the latest build, MHC19I, and am currently rooted with custom kernel. I want to replace my custom kernel with ElementalX kernel. However I know it is highly suggested by the dev of that kernel to NOT flash it over a custom kernel. Is there a way to wipe just the kernel prior to flashing latest ElementalX? Or do I have to flash the system image (or is it bootloader.img?) again to obtain stock kernel and then flash ElementalX?

Just flash the boot.img from the stock download, then SuperSU (if you want root), then ElementalX. You can flash the boot.img from TWRP or with fastboot.