[Q&A] Noob -Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Search This thread

mad4some

Dec 10, 2012
East TN
Settings - About Phone - Oxygen OS version.

Well now I wouldn't need to ask if it was that obvious.......I'm not running Oxygen OS, so it is not anywhere in settings > about phone.

edit: I guess those firmware version numbers I asked about are strictly OOS firmware numbers. I still can't find a way to see current firmware even on a non-OSS rom....

Last edited:

arch_geek

Hi,

I'm not quite sure how to phrase this but i'll try :D
I got a rooted OP3 with FreedomOS-1.6 and stock kernel *update* now on ElementalX.

I tried using Xposed wit Gravity Box but it didn't seem like it would "fit" (GUI crashes, wrong icon size in status bar etc.).

So i wouldt like to know if there is any way to further customize my device (Center Clock, custom quick settings, auto unlock after right pin entry etc...)

Maybe you can help me :) :good:

FreedomOS is a stock based ROM. If you want more customization, I suggest you go with a CM based ROM.

jmert00

May 11, 2016
How do I fix a one plus 3 rapidly connecting and disconnecting when the cable slightly moves and I am using the stock cable

dd0s

Oct 24, 2009
Hello Guys, coming from the G4. When i want to flash a rom, is the latest firmware required (3.2.6)? Or can i flash for example aosp rom with OOS 3.2.2? When i Upgrade Stockrom from 3.2.2 to 3.2.6 is root or twrp gone? Tanks

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Hello Guys, coming from the G4. When i want to flash a rom, is the latest firmware required (3.2.6)? Or can i flash for example aosp rom with OOS 3.2.2? When i Upgrade Stockrom from 3.2.2 to 3.2.6 is root or twrp gone? Tanks

If you use systemless root, then unless your ramdisk is updated (that is you update kernel/boot.img), you shouldn't lose root. That said many ROMs do have their own kernel packaged in. TWRP however will stay unless your ROM decides to flash that too (I'm not aware of any that do).

As far as I know, ROMs are not compatible with all firmware (especially >3.2.4 & >3.5.0 CB).
So read the OP for the ROM you're planning to install. Firmware can be found here.

Hi,

I'm not quite sure how to phrase this but i'll try :D
I got a rooted OP3 with FreedomOS-1.6 and stock kernel *update* now on ElementalX.

I tried using Xposed wit Gravity Box but it didn't seem like it would "fit" (GUI crashes, wrong icon size in status bar etc.).

So i wouldt like to know if there is any way to further customize my device (Center Clock, custom quick settings, auto unlock after right pin entry etc...)

Maybe you can help me :) :good:

Try Flat Style Bar Indicators

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexLebowski

Psyphon

Apr 3, 2010
Toronto
Hey there. Coming from the Nexus 5.

I was wondering if there is anything helpful you would have wanted to tell yourself when you got the OP3?

Any personal recommendations regarding custom ROMs or kernels? Thank you!

You might want to consider the latest Cyanogenmod, if that's the route you want to take. There are others, but CM is solid... and it offers decent updates.

Reactions: cluster1

arthritis

Apr 21, 2016
I was just on 'reddit is fun' and other social media websites (no app too crazy to handle) and my phone turned off at 20%. I was just holding it and definitely did not push the power button. I was downloading Builds for Kodi earlier... perhaps this made the phone slow down and then eventually shut off completely?

I haven't done a full restart of my phone in about a week though... not sure if this contributes to anything.

Is this something to be concerned about?

YannickGro

Sep 26, 2016
[/COLOR]
How to stop the cm updater from downloading a build? (I mean an ongoing download)
I think it is unnecessary to cancel a ongoing download. But you van prevent/ delete download. To prevent it set the "Check for updates" on manual. To delete them tap the 3 dots and "Delete downloads" or via a file browser "CM updates".

You may be able cancel a download by force closing the CM Updater app. You can find it by apps, tap the 3 dots > "Show system" search for CM Updater > Tap it an "Force Close".

Hoped this helped, have a nice day.

rajprakashcr

Apr 20, 2016
Hi, If I switch to other Rom from Oxygen OS and then if I switch back to Oxygen OS. As my phone is rooted, will I be able to get update for Official OS upgrade?

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi, If I switch to other Rom from Oxygen OS and then if I switch back to Oxygen OS. As my phone is rooted, will I be able to get update for Official OS upgrade?

You have to go back to complete stock for you to receive and install OTA. There should be no changes to your system files. So you will have to unroot first.

nithinte

Apr 19, 2014
Thalassery
I found a working solution to stop an ongoing download.

- Tap and hold the download progress notification
- Then the notification settings screen for the Download Manager app comes up. Tap on the "i" on the top right
- Choose storage and then clear the app's data. Then the download is killed completely. I haven't experienced any disadvantages from clearing this app's data.

Don't forget to delete the file manually after that in /sdcard/download/ if it's big because the part that has been downloaded until killing will still take up space.

Spalomojr

Oct 16, 2016
Hello guys, I purchased a brand new OnePlus 3 on ebay. I now have it haven't opened it just have some questions before I do. I asked seller and this seems to be the Chinese version of the phone. I am using this in the USA under T Mobile. Will it work okay?

Gandicela

Nov 16, 2011
Singapore
Add a line
ro.sf.lcd_density='value' to the build.prop,set the file permission to rw-r-r (644) and reboot.
__
v7
Forum Moderator

Cheers! I can just do this within a build prop editor app then, without changing permissions.

This is one of those reasons I had to root my OP3 the very same day I received it so to run CM. The fonts and icons r simply to big.

One other thing, please. On the same OP3 community or official build, how to enable expanded desktop? If only thru Exposed, I'll just drop it.

Thanks again.

timbremer

Jul 11, 2013
Auckland
Hi!
Has someone else noticed the difference in terms of performance while using Snapchat with different ROMs?
Snapchat is super laggy on OxygenOS and takes forever to load. However, on both CM13 and 14 it's super smooth and fast. Am I the only one noticing this? What could cause this weird behavior?

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using Tapatalk

ungeeked

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi-NCR
Hi!
Has someone else noticed the difference in terms of performance while using Snapchat with different ROMs?
Snapchat is super laggy on OxygenOS and takes forever to load. However, on both CM13 and 14 it's super smooth and fast. Am I the only one noticing this? What could cause this weird behavior?

Snapchat is fixed in latest CB 3.5.4 so you can expect the issue to be fixed in next OOS stable update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]
    aLvzwpv.jpg

OnePlus 3

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to OnePlus 3
    attachment.php

List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Hi! I am new to oneplus forum. Can anyone please answer these doubts:

1. There seems to be different versions of TWRP floating around i.e. Official TWRP 3.0.2-1, modified 3.0.2-19 and 3.0.2-22. From what I have read till now, different people are using different versions. So, what is the difference between these 3 versions?
    2. If I am on either official or modified TWRP, and flash official OTA or full zip of stock oos rom then will I lose my custom recovery and get stock recovery or there will be no change in recovery partition.
    3. I am hoping, recovery has it's own separate partition and will not be affected by rom flashing?
    4. Why are there instructions for flashing a particular version of stock OOS before flashing any custom roms? Does the version needs to be exactly same of latest i.e. 3.2.7 or CB 3.5.5 will do fine?

Thanks in advance :)

The 3.0.2-1 is official twrp. Community builds don't work with it. So there are some modified versions. Use the -22 as it works with everything

2) This depends. If you flash full zip and directly boot to system, sometimes you loose twrp. Community builds have this annoying habit. BTW, you cannot flash ota using twrp

3) it has a separate partition but full oos zip comes with its own recovery which replace twrp

4) this has to to do with different firmwares. I haven't really explored this in detail but follow the instructions in ROM thread. Like 3.2.4 fw is required for resurrection and 3.2.6 for Sultan's. There is a thread on firmwares too. You should read that.
    Hello everyone, i believe i just posted something at a wrong place, because i can't find my thread anymore, i'm trying now here, sorry if there were double post. .... So... I'm just in the process of buying a used OnePlus 3 phone. Could you give me any advice what to check on the phone? Were there faulty ones (like weak GPS, weak Bluetooth whatsoever) which i can check before buy? I would really grateful for any advice!

Thanks
    There are plenty phone checking apps on play store and they will help u to check everything
    Got following from t-shock
    Check the following:
    1. If the other guy has bought it over the official OnePlus site (very important)
    2. Check if the device has locked bootloader or not
    3. Check for scratches on the Camera
    4. Try pressing the screen a little bit hard to see if it has any flex or weird reaction (He may has changed the screen who knows???)
    5. General testing (FP, Calling ETC)
    If I have a rooted OP3 with TWRP, how should I install the latest updates? Will I have to install Xposed again and again each time I update?

Yes each time you flash the stock OOS (update, same or older versions):

1. Boot to TWRP
    2. Wipe dalvik and cache
    3. Flash full signed OOS zip
    4. Wipe dalvik and cache
    5. Flash SuperSU zip
    6. Wipe dalvik and cache
    7. Flash Xposed
    8. Wipe dalvik and cache
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Not sure if wiping dalvik and cache between each step is necessary but better safe then sorry.
    Yes it is.
    It downloaded the file, rebooted in recovery and left me there. Suggestions?

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Yes it booted to TWRP (auto correct issue) and it's rooted.

Official or Unofficial TWRP?

Anyway you cannot flash OTA over the rooted firmware.

Either you have to dirty flash 3.2.1 and flash the OTA on top of it or flash 3.2.2 full zip.

__
    v7
    XDA Assist