[Q&A] Noob -Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Search This thread

ungeeked

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi-NCR
Hi All,
Can any body please tell me where is preferred network option in oneplus 3. As what I have to do if I want to switch the network permanently to 2G/3G.

Preferred network is the highest speed you will get depending on your network provider.

If you choose LTE, the phone will search for 4G, and if it is not available will jump to 3G or 2G automatically.

But if you 3g, the phone will not search for 4G and jump between 3g and 2f depending on your network provider and network strength

ravi923615

Jan 30, 2013
Somewhere ON Earth
Preferred network is the highest speed you will get depending on your network provider.

If you choose LTE, the phone will search for 4G, and if it is not available will jump to 3G or 2G automatically.

But if you 3g, the phone will not search for 4G and jump between 3g and 2f depending on your network provider and network strength

But I am asking about the option which comes in setting menu for other device but it is not present in Oneplus to select the network type to LTE/3G/2G.

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161019-151521.png
    Screenshot_20161019-151521.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20161019-151530.png
    Screenshot_20161019-151530.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 73

yugotprblms

Nov 13, 2010
So because I am feeling pretty lazy and this is a noob thread, I would like to verify my thoughts on rooting & unlocking this phone, as well as throwing future OTAs on it when they come out.

1. Follow these steps to for unlocking and root
  2. Follow this tutorial (or something similar) for installing xposed
  3. Make a nadroid backup whenever I want to flash a new OTA
  4. Flash said OTA

I am probably missing something here. Last time I heavily modded a phone was my Galaxy S2, way back in the day. My current Galaxy S4 is only rooted, nothing too fancy, because gay Samsung.

Thanks

ungeeked

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi-NCR
So because I am feeling pretty lazy and this is a noob thread, I would like to verify my thoughts on rooting & unlocking this phone, as well as throwing future OTAs on it when they come out.

Follow these steps to for unlocking and root
Follow this tutorial (or something similar) for installing xposed
Make a nadroid backup whenever I want to flash a new OTA
Flash said OTA

I am probably missing something here. Last time I heavily modded a phone was my Galaxy S2, way back in the day. My current Galaxy S4 is only rooted, nothing too fancy, because gay Samsung.

Thanks

Once you have installed twrp, you cannot do OTAs

Backup data
Unlock bootloader
Install twrp
Make nandroid and efs backup (MOST IMPORTANT)
Root
Xposed
(Any mod, kernel that you want to install goes here, unless specified otherwise)
Reboot

yugotprblms

Nov 13, 2010
Once you have installed twrp, you cannot do OTAs

Backup data
Unlock bootloader
Install twrp
Make nandroid and efs backup (MOST IMPORTANT)
Root
Xposed
(Any mod, kernel that you want to install goes here, unless specified otherwise)
Reboot

Sure, I meant that I would dirty flash the OTA zip. I should have been more clear.

And since I will be doing this right off the bat when I get the phone, I have nothing to back up. Otherwise, sounds like what I was thinking. Thanks.

AhmedRana

Aug 4, 2014
Islamabad
I am using two ROMs in using multirom33.
ROM A is MIUI ROM . I want to backup and flash its kernel on another MIUI ROM B.
I took backup from flashify app. Its as .img
How can I flash it in twrp provided I am using MultiROM

abhianand525

Sep 21, 2016
Can't get into recovery

I was using op3lite latest. Switched to freedom os CE. Now i can use freedom os but can't go to recovery to wipe it and go back to op3lite. Plz do suggest me something to go back to twrp. :crying:

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
My question is a little advanced here.. im looking for people who have actually one this so that i can confirm im in the right direction on what im abotu to do..

im on 3.5.4 community beta (stock zip flashed,full rom) with the modded twrp (the one that shows the pointer arrow in twrp)
now i need to revert back to 3.2.4 oxygen os because i need to flash the ressurection remix rom for my device...
i know i can directly flash te 3.2.4 firmware files n flash the rom but im afraid there might be problems...

so people who have either flashed from 3.5.4 to 3.2.4 and those who flashed from 2.5.4 to any of the AOSP roms based on 3.2.4 have succesfully flashed their phones... help me on this.

which is advisable ? a quick flash of rom + recovery ? or go from scratch ? because i know if i flash the firmware, somewhere mid way ill have to flash the official twrp image on my oneplus device before flashing the aosp rom...

ungeeked

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi-NCR
My WhatsApp messages keep randomly disappearing. Usually the last one two messages. Not sure what is wrong.

Using op3 lite and blu_spark Kernel. Issue is on both regular and beta versions of app

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
My question is a little advanced here.. im looking for people who have actually one this so that i can confirm im in the right direction on what im abotu to do..

im on 3.5.4 community beta (stock zip flashed,full rom) with the modded twrp (the one that shows the pointer arrow in twrp)
now i need to revert back to 3.2.4 oxygen os because i need to flash the ressurection remix rom for my device...
i know i can directly flash te 3.2.4 firmware files n flash the rom but im afraid there might be problems...

so people who have either flashed from 3.5.4 to 3.2.4 and those who flashed from 2.5.4 to any of the AOSP roms based on 3.2.4 have succesfully flashed their phones... help me on this.

which is advisable ? a quick flash of rom + recovery ? or go from scratch ? because i know if i flash the firmware, somewhere mid way ill have to flash the official twrp image on my oneplus device before flashing the aosp rom...

Flash 3.5.0/3.2.4 FW through modified TWRP from here depending on whatever is compatible with your ROM.
Then flash TWRP 3.0.2-0 through fast boot.
Then flash your ROM.

If you have any problem at any step, whatever you do, do not relock your boot loader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]
    aLvzwpv.jpg

OnePlus 3

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to OnePlus 3
    attachment.php

List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Hi! I am new to oneplus forum. Can anyone please answer these doubts:

1. There seems to be different versions of TWRP floating around i.e. Official TWRP 3.0.2-1, modified 3.0.2-19 and 3.0.2-22. From what I have read till now, different people are using different versions. So, what is the difference between these 3 versions?
    2. If I am on either official or modified TWRP, and flash official OTA or full zip of stock oos rom then will I lose my custom recovery and get stock recovery or there will be no change in recovery partition.
    3. I am hoping, recovery has it's own separate partition and will not be affected by rom flashing?
    4. Why are there instructions for flashing a particular version of stock OOS before flashing any custom roms? Does the version needs to be exactly same of latest i.e. 3.2.7 or CB 3.5.5 will do fine?

Thanks in advance :)

The 3.0.2-1 is official twrp. Community builds don't work with it. So there are some modified versions. Use the -22 as it works with everything

2) This depends. If you flash full zip and directly boot to system, sometimes you loose twrp. Community builds have this annoying habit. BTW, you cannot flash ota using twrp

3) it has a separate partition but full oos zip comes with its own recovery which replace twrp

4) this has to to do with different firmwares. I haven't really explored this in detail but follow the instructions in ROM thread. Like 3.2.4 fw is required for resurrection and 3.2.6 for Sultan's. There is a thread on firmwares too. You should read that.
    Hello everyone, i believe i just posted something at a wrong place, because i can't find my thread anymore, i'm trying now here, sorry if there were double post. .... So... I'm just in the process of buying a used OnePlus 3 phone. Could you give me any advice what to check on the phone? Were there faulty ones (like weak GPS, weak Bluetooth whatsoever) which i can check before buy? I would really grateful for any advice!

Thanks
    There are plenty phone checking apps on play store and they will help u to check everything
    Got following from t-shock
    Check the following:
    1. If the other guy has bought it over the official OnePlus site (very important)
    2. Check if the device has locked bootloader or not
    3. Check for scratches on the Camera
    4. Try pressing the screen a little bit hard to see if it has any flex or weird reaction (He may has changed the screen who knows???)
    5. General testing (FP, Calling ETC)
    If I have a rooted OP3 with TWRP, how should I install the latest updates? Will I have to install Xposed again and again each time I update?

Yes each time you flash the stock OOS (update, same or older versions):

1. Boot to TWRP
    2. Wipe dalvik and cache
    3. Flash full signed OOS zip
    4. Wipe dalvik and cache
    5. Flash SuperSU zip
    6. Wipe dalvik and cache
    7. Flash Xposed
    8. Wipe dalvik and cache
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Not sure if wiping dalvik and cache between each step is necessary but better safe then sorry.
    Yes it is.
    It downloaded the file, rebooted in recovery and left me there. Suggestions?

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Yes it booted to TWRP (auto correct issue) and it's rooted.

Official or Unofficial TWRP?

Anyway you cannot flash OTA over the rooted firmware.

Either you have to dirty flash 3.2.1 and flash the OTA on top of it or flash 3.2.2 full zip.

__
    v7
    XDA Assist