[Q&A]OnePlus 3T Noob -Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Search This thread

bipinbedi

Apr 20, 2011
New Delhi
Google Phone or Pixel Dialer for OOS 3.5.4(MM)

Guys has anyone had success in installing the Latest Google Phone or Pixel Dialer on Marshmallow, if yes then please share the guide or the APK for the same.

MySeLfPT

Jan 29, 2011
Hello, sorry if this has been answered before but I could not find anywhere.

Is there any way (custom ROM/kernel/app) to customize the slider functions?

More specifically I would like the slider to have a "sleep mode" instead of the dnd where the phone:
Turns on battery saver, data saver
Turns off location, Bluetooth, wifi
Enters deep sleep.

Thanks in advance

P. S. If this would be possible to setup without changing from stock OS 4.0.3 that would be great. :)

Last edited:

Envy-X

Feb 15, 2013
Im trying to unlock the bootloader, but im having problems. When i type adb devices or fastboot devices, my device isnt showing up, and it is definitely connected. Ive also reinstalled the drivers multiple times. Still cant get that **** to work. Any reason why it isnt showing up?

bootsy82

Jan 9, 2014
Hey guys,
I'm searching for hours and getting really frustrated...
I downloaded the latest lineage for my 3t and get the error 7 in TWRP. I know, I have to flash the latest oxygen os firmware, but I can't find it.
I found several download links for the normal oneplus3, but not for the t model.
As far as I know are the firmwares different, so I can't just use the oneplus3 firmware.
Can someone please point me to the oneplus3t firmware link, so I'm able to flash the lineage os?

Thanks in advance :silly:

Uumas

Jul 27, 2014
Im trying to unlock the bootloader, but im having problems. When i type adb devices or fastboot devices, my device isnt showing up, and it is definitely connected. Ive also reinstalled the drivers multiple times. Still cant get that **** to work. Any reason why it isnt showing up?
Have you enabled USB debugging and OEM unlocking in developer settings?

Reactions: Envy-X

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
Hey guys,
I downloaded the latest lineage for my 3t and get the error 7 in TWRP. I know, I have to flash the latest oxygen os firmware, but I can't find it.
I found several download links for the normal oneplus3, but not for the t model.
As far as I know are the firmwares different, so I can't just use the oneplus3 firmware.
Can someone please point me to the oneplus3t firmware link, so I'm able to flash the lineage os?

Here http://downloads.oneplus.net this is the official oneplus downloads website to download stock rom for all its devices... including the oneplus 3T which is first in the list... 4.0.3 is latest. On this site newer updates get uploaded a bit late but if you can search a bit on oneplus forums u might be able to get drive mirrors for newer updates which users mostly upload within 2 hrs of release!

Last edited:

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 4 XL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey guys,

Latest firmware....You also can use the search option......
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120706885

Reactions: pratyush28

uli_p

Oct 20, 2013
TWRP unable to mount storage stuck at bootloop

Hello everyone,

this is my very first post in this forum. I have followed XDAdevelopers-forum for more than 6 months now, succesfully installing Custom ROMS on two of my older devices, and so far managing to solve every problem I had by using the search function. I have learned a ton of things and would like to sincerely thank all the great developpers and members of this forum. In fact this forum was the reason why I chose to purchase the Oneplus 3t as my new device a couple of weeks ago. So, thank you very much.

However today I ran into a serious problem that I don't know how to solve.

I am (or rather was) on Oxygen OS 4.02 encrypted with boot password, TWRP 3.0.4-0, Franco Kernel, Magisk. Then I tried to install LineageOS following this guide in the official Lineage OS:
Download the zip(s)
Install a compatible Recovery (See #2 for details)
Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data/factory reset
Flash LineageOS
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package, install the SU addon package
Reboot

When doing the data/factory reset I got an error: unable to mount storage (I don't remember all the details). I tried to boot up the phone to system and got an error saying that my encryption process had been interrupted and that I could only do a factory reset. I tapped the appriate button, and was taken back to TWRP, but now I am unable to mount my data partition. I realize that I should probably have updated to TWRP 3.0.4-1 before trying to flash the new ROM (In fact I thought that I had, but I didn't verify).

However, now I am stuck. I can boot to TWRP (3.0.4-0) but I don't know how to get my data partition back. I don't mind loosing the data as I have backed up everything. But, of course, I will need the system to mount the partition in order to continue... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I solved the problem by following the Unbrick Tutorial by Harris K. Will no start all over again from OOs 3.5.1. :eek:

Last edited:

domsch1988

Mar 6, 2011
Köln
I'm a bit ashamed for having to ask, but what are the differences between most roms? I received my 3T today and am a bit lost. I know that some are based on OOS and some on CM/Lineage. What are the major differences in Those? Anything to go by when deciding for a Rom?

nexbelgium

Feb 15, 2017
How do updates work when you install LineageOS

Hi, I used to have a OnePlus One with CM and it was kept up to date automatically OTA.

Now, I have a OP3T and would like to install LineageOS, but I would like to know how the updates work with this ROM. Do we receive updates OTA? Or should we delete everything every time I want to install the latest version?

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
I'm a bit ashamed for having to ask, but what are the differences between most roms? I received my 3T today and am a bit lost. I know that some are based on OOS and some on CM/Lineage. What are the major differences in Those? Anything to go by when deciding for a Rom?
I would say that some ROMs are as stock as possible (based on OOS or LOS) and others try to add many features. OOS is close to stock so the differences aren't very important IMO.
LOS will provide its own theme engine and you won't find it on OOS.

EDIT: I often flash various custom ROMs but I ALWAYS read OP before downloading and flashing. Custom ROMs having the signature spoofing is a big advantage on my end so the last ROMs I flashed were Tugapower and an unofficial RR build.
The built-in root solution could be important. Custom ROMs that use MagiskSU or LOS Superuser are at the top of my list.

Hi, I used to have a OnePlus One with CM and it was kept up to date automatically OTA.

Now, I have a OP3T and would like to install LineageOS, but I would like to know how the updates work with this ROM. Do we receive updates OTA? Or should we delete everything every time I want to install the latest version?
The official LOS version has OTA updates (like several other custom ROMs) and we can even flash delta updates through 3rd party apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody

TransforDerek

Jan 11, 2015
Restoring Data

Hi there !

I had a rooted 3T with would not boot into system after applying the 4.0.3 OTA update. Everytime I tried, it booted directly into recovery. After trial and error of multiple methods, I am now finally back and running 4.0.3 but I wiped everything in the process.
Whilst I couldn't boot into the os, I was still able to do Nandroid backups (I believed that's what they're called) using TWRP. My question is now if it is safe to restore these backups or will I end up with the same problem I had after updating to 4.0.3 ?

Last edited:

Fishnchippies

Feb 16, 2017
So im attempting to root my 3t, i have got as far as mounting twrp but now its been an hour and its still been stuck at
Mount
trying decryption
Updating partition details...
...done
unable to mount storage
full selinuxsupport is present

ty for any help

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
So im attempting to root my 3t, i have got as far as mounting twrp but now its been an hour and its still been stuck at
Mount
trying decryption
Updating partition details...
...done
unable to mount storage
full selinuxsupport is present

ty for any help
This is because your device is encrypted (it comes encrypted out of the box and twrp is currently not compatible with decrypting it) so you need to flash no verity zip which will allow you to do a complete format data which will erase everything on your internal storage and will decrypt your device. after this you will have to copy the supersu zip from your pc via mtp or by using an otg. After u hv copied supersu just flash it normally and your device should boot up without any bootloops!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]Welcome to
    Questions Answers & Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]
    redLine.png

This thread has been created to assist owners of:​
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]The OnePlus 3T[/SIZE]

oneplus-3t-specs.jpg

There are no questions that are deemed insignificant

Helpful information for your device:

Overview of the OnePlus 3T

Also visit the The Index Project thread (w.i.p) with a lot off additional info

ᴥ Please feel free to Ask Away anything about your device ᴥ
    I would kindly ask that everyone , absolutely everyone to post questions , concerns and ask for help HERE rather than opening useless Telegram chats , we are XDA users , aren`t we ?
    Thank you !
    -=-=-
    Below you'll find the most helpful guys around you may tag them if want [emoji12]
    @Funk Wizard
    Yes, never I used screen Protectors, why holding Jessica Alba in your hands while dressed?

Sent from my Darkside of Oneplus 3T

I'm pretty sure you have windows 8.1 or 10, and that's the problem.
    Windows is blocking OnePlus drivers because they have some kind of problems with certificates.
    What you have to do is restart the computer in advanced mode (hold shift key and press on the restart icon until computer restarts with a blue screen)
    Now you have 3 options, Continue to windows, troubleshooting, and turn off the pc.
    Choose troubleshooting and then advanced options, now choose advanced options, boot settings.
    Now a list with some options should be displayed, search for "Disable imposition signed drivers" (it should be the 7th option).
    Now press the F7 key to restart with signed drivers disabled.
    system should now restart.
    Try plugging your phone, go to fastboot and then type the commands on pc.
    Hope this works for you, sorry for my english :p
    After installing twrp.. flashing SuperSU zip ..do we need also to flash the encryption disabler zip ? Or to format data to remove the encryption?....

Not needed in my case... Only flashing SuperSU enough (after "fastboot format userdata").

PS: One device is not well supported until @xanthrax is there.... ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone