[Q&A]OnePlus 3T Noob -Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Search This thread

xanthrax

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee Lead / RC-RT Com - Vampire
Staff member
Apr 12, 2011
Darkside
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Hello all, first post whoohoo!
First of all, thx for the great RR OS. I love it!
Question 1: Is it normal that it takes 0,5sec to respond when I push the home key or want to open ann app? Is it because of this OS? I think OOS is faster, or is it just me :).
Question 2: Is it safe to use banking apps on a rooted device? I get warnings, but I assume the experts here know better :cool:.
Question 3: Anyone has good advice in longer battery life with no performance drops? (like when the screen is off, it won't use any battery?)
Thx in advance!

1: I guess it's normal, check out the dedicated thread and you'll find more users with the same "issue". The fingerprint driver isn't working as fast as on stock ROM, that's because of poor Oneplus sources, you must get used to it though it's hardly noticeable

2: it's safe, that's just a warning, when rooted you're exposed not to viruses though, search for root vulnerabilities which are the same as for all devices

3: longer battery life it's unfortunately the longest and the most subjective discussion. Any thread about "how to get a long battery life" would clear you up

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flemish_Elite

xanthrax

Staff member
Apr 12, 2011
Darkside
Forcing dose from Franco or from any other similar application may have other implications like notifications, too much unwanted deep sleeping of the beloved apps so it's all up to the user to decide, there's no one click button for super battery life

xanthrax

Staff member
Apr 12, 2011
Darkside
Hello!

Current Sony Xperia Z5 user here, after more than 1 year of use my screen fell and cracked unfortunately.. Now my touchscreen ( on the upper half ) doesnt work. I don't want to get it replaced as it will cost half the price of a 3T.. I was wondering if it is worth the upgrade?
Considering that this op3 / T is among the top of the xda's most supported and developer friendly devices and reading the web wide reviews, one can easily draw a conclusion, it's useless to say something now after 8 months from release

J03llV

Jan 27, 2013
OnePlus 5
Huawei P30 Pro
Considering that this op3 / T is among the top of the xda's most supported and developer friendly devices and reading the web wide reviews, one can easily draw a conclusion, it's useless to say something now after 8 months from release

That's true, but I also see controversial things amongst the troubleshooting forums aswell. Do you own a OP3T? If so, what is your opinion about it though?

Notor1ouS-

Aug 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
i want to decrypt my phone, but can i restore my old TWRP backups, which were taken while encryption was enabled?

and afaik i just need to wipe data AND internal storage, to be decrypted. is this true?

(iam on custom rom and f2fs partition)

Envy-X

Feb 15, 2013
I'm pretty sure you have windows 8.1 or 10, and that's the problem.
Windows is blocking OnePlus drivers because they have some kind of problems with certificates.
What you have to do is restart the computer in advanced mode (hold shift key and press on the restart icon until computer restarts with a blue screen)
Now you have 3 options, Continue to windows, troubleshooting, and turn off the pc.
Choose troubleshooting and then advanced options, now choose advanced options, boot settings.
Now a list with some options should be displayed, search for "Disable imposition signed drivers" (it should be the 7th option).
Now press the F7 key to restart with signed drivers disabled.
system should now restart.
Try plugging your phone, go to fastboot and then type the commands on pc.
Hope this works for you, sorry for my english :p

Thanks for the reply bro but I used a different windows 10 laptop and it worked fine. But I'll remember it for next time in my own laptop

xanthrax

Staff member
Apr 12, 2011
Darkside
i want to decrypt my phone, but can i restore my old TWRP backups, which were taken while encryption was enabled?

and afaik i just need to wipe data AND internal storage, to be decrypted. is this true?

(iam on custom rom and f2fs partition)
Basically no, an encrypted backup will be... encrypted, to decrypt you need to format it which will erase data so the backup will be lost, I'm not sure sure if there's any workarounds for this

Sent from my Darkside of Oneplus 3T

slickjr09

Feb 21, 2017
I'm running nugget, OOS, 4.0.3. OnePlus3T. Sideloaded with TWRP. Must say it's running fairly well, decent battery, about 5-6hr SOT. But, my phone is restarting randomly, about 2-3 times a week. At very random times. Mostly at night when I'm NOT using the phone, but once when I was using the phone. I'm not sure what's causing it.
- Is there anyway I can getter track the reason?
(although I'm rooted with SU, I consider myself a noob)

But, this leads to my main question. I would like to factory reset and wipe everything. I've yet to do a rectory reset myself. And I have my phone customized the way I like it with Nova, f. Lux, icons, apps, etc.
- What's the difference between a backup created with titanium backup, and a TWRP backup? Can I create one backup with TWRP? Or just one backup with titanium? And restore my phone to the current state? Or is both needed to get it the same way I have it now.
- what's the main thing I should backup in titanium? I don't need to backup certain data like phone call history, or SMS. But, I would like to save contacts I saved to the device, will that be an issue?

Basically, I would like to wipe data and factory reset, but I'm scared :laugh: I want the correct backup to restore my phone the way it's already customized now. Without creating any unnecessary files.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for so many questions. I'm new to XDA, with my first OnePlus phone. I'm really appreciative of all the info I've learned from hanging out in the forums thus far. Thanks to all! ;)

Uumas

Jul 27, 2014
I'm running nugget, OOS, 4.0.3. OnePlus3T. Sideloaded with TWRP. Must say it's running fairly well, decent battery, about 5-6hr SOT. But, my phone is restarting randomly, about 2-3 times a week. At very random times. Mostly at night when I'm NOT using the phone, but once when I was using the phone. I'm not sure what's causing it.
- Is there anyway I can getter track the reason?
(although I'm rooted with SU, I consider myself a noob)

But, this leads to my main question. I would like to factory reset and wipe everything. I've yet to do a rectory reset myself. And I have my phone customized the way I like it with Nova, f. Lux, icons, apps, etc.
- What's the difference between a backup created with titanium backup, and a TWRP backup? Can I create one backup with TWRP? Or just one backup with titanium? And restore my phone to the current state? Or is both needed to get it the same way I have it now.
- what's the main thing I should backup in titanium? I don't need to backup certain data like phone call history, or SMS. But, I would like to save contacts I saved to the device, will that be an issue?

Basically, I would like to wipe data and factory reset, but I'm scared :laugh: I want the correct backup to restore my phone the way it's already customized now. Without creating any unnecessary files.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for so many questions. I'm new to XDA, with my first OnePlus phone. I'm really appreciative of all the info I've learned from hanging out in the forums thus far. Thanks to all! ;)
TWRP backup will backup everything. Restoring it makes your phone to the state it was when the backup was taken TiBu backups data of single apps, so that you can select exactly what you want to backup and restore. You should use your google account for contact sync.

Uumas

Jul 27, 2014
okay i get my op3t tomorrow.

I'm on t-mobile, wifi calling is semi important.

What steps do i need to take to get on freedom OS ?
Follow the guide on the first post here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...ry-official-twrp-oneplus-3-3t-t3543391/page68
When you reach the step where you should flash dm-verity disabler or SuperSU don't flash either of them, but start following freedom os install guide (start from copying it to your device, because you just installed latest twrp)

Reactions: masri1987

mumtahid

Jul 23, 2016
After updating to OOS 4.0.3, has the front camera's focus been fixed? Some users are saying it now focuses on multiple faces instead of just the person holding the phone? Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]Welcome to
    Questions Answers & Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]
    redLine.png

This thread has been created to assist owners of:​
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]The OnePlus 3T[/SIZE]

oneplus-3t-specs.jpg

There are no questions that are deemed insignificant

Helpful information for your device:

Overview of the OnePlus 3T

Also visit the The Index Project thread (w.i.p) with a lot off additional info

ᴥ Please feel free to Ask Away anything about your device ᴥ
    I would kindly ask that everyone , absolutely everyone to post questions , concerns and ask for help HERE rather than opening useless Telegram chats , we are XDA users , aren`t we ?
    Thank you !
    -=-=-
    Below you'll find the most helpful guys around you may tag them if want [emoji12]
    @Funk Wizard
    Yes, never I used screen Protectors, why holding Jessica Alba in your hands while dressed?

Sent from my Darkside of Oneplus 3T
    Im trying to unlock the bootloader, but im having problems. When i type adb devices or fastboot devices, my device isnt showing up, and it is definitely connected. Ive also reinstalled the drivers multiple times. Still cant get that **** to work. Any reason why it isnt showing up?

I'm pretty sure you have windows 8.1 or 10, and that's the problem.
    Windows is blocking OnePlus drivers because they have some kind of problems with certificates.
    What you have to do is restart the computer in advanced mode (hold shift key and press on the restart icon until computer restarts with a blue screen)
    Now you have 3 options, Continue to windows, troubleshooting, and turn off the pc.
    Choose troubleshooting and then advanced options, now choose advanced options, boot settings.
    Now a list with some options should be displayed, search for "Disable imposition signed drivers" (it should be the 7th option).
    Now press the F7 key to restart with signed drivers disabled.
    system should now restart.
    Try plugging your phone, go to fastboot and then type the commands on pc.
    Hope this works for you, sorry for my english :p
    After installing twrp.. flashing SuperSU zip ..do we need also to flash the encryption disabler zip ? Or to format data to remove the encryption?....

Not needed in my case... Only flashing SuperSU enough (after "fastboot format userdata").

PS: One device is not well supported until @xanthrax is there.... ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone