[Q&A]OnePlus 3T Noob -Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Search This thread

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 3 XL
My bad, should've explained more. I'm already using the ROM. Downloading apps and everything now.
Anyways, just flash Magisk or SuperSU from twrp, wiping cache and Dalvik /ART cache doesn't hurt but it's not necessary... You can make a backup with TWRP, just to be safe, in case something is wrong you can restore it...

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Hello, all! I bought a used 3T and just got it today. It's already rooted and bootloader unlocked. I'm not new to flashing, but it's been a long time since I've done any of this stuff. Is there a decent guide for flashing a custom recovery? That's all I really have left to do before I can get into ROMs. The phone came with open beta 20 installed.
If you already have root, then it means that you already have a custom recovery.
Right?

Unleashed by my rooted OP3T in 8.0

eLcTrOn

May 10, 2012
Alexandria
Stock OOS will always restore the stock recovery on boot unless you:
- use a patched boot image (https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...-force-encryption-op3t-t3688748/post74155053)
- use a custom kernel, or
- install root.

So, in your case, flash Magisk in TWRP before rebooting the system and all should be fine.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs
Thanks a lot , as you said , i flashed Magisk right after flashing TWRP before booting the system .
all good now , thanks :good:

Same configuration here, except I use a custom kernel...
Latest iYTBP version attached as screenshot, just go to the official thread and download the latest Magisk Module from post 2, no issues here..

thanks i installed the one included in Magisk repo and works great ,
now i'm lateset version , thanks :good:

redpoint73

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
So I'm running a ROM now without issue, but just realized I lost root. Is it possible to get root back by wiping and flashing the ROM, gapps, and magisk?

I know you've sorted it out already, but just FYI: lots of custom ROMs nowadays come unrooted, in order for the user to pick their preferred root method, SuperSU versus Magisk.

You can root anytime, without having to flash the ROM again. As mentioned, wiping cache and Dalvik never hurts, and even recommended.

nsnsmj

Jul 3, 2008
The Trees
I know you've sorted it out already, but just FYI: lots of custom ROMs nowadays come unrooted, in order for the user to pick their preferred root method, SuperSU versus Magisk.

You can root anytime, without having to flash the ROM again. As mentioned, wiping cache and Dalvik never hurts, and even recommended.
Thanks!

Envy-X

Feb 15, 2013
I'm on 5.0.1. I'm sure youve heard this issue before. Why's the mic so **** and how can I fix it? I don't wanna hold the phone right next to my mouth every time I speak. I'm rooted if that helps. (OP3T)

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 3 XL
I'm on 5.0.1. I'm sure youve heard this issue before. Why's the mic so **** and how can I fix it? I don't wanna hold the phone right next to my mouth every time I speak. I'm rooted if that helps. (OP3T)
If you're taking about the incall volume it's a known issue on many phones and unfortunately also the op3(t) has it, almost certainly you got too much dust, dirt and particles inside the earpiece, it just happens over time if you use the device a lot for phoning (especially pressing it against your sweaty skin in combination with makeup is a great way to speed up the process - not saying you use makeup but you catch my thoughts most likely :laugh: lol)
Some had success by pulling duct tape on the speaker grill in front of the earpiece, gently rub it tight with your fingernails and carefully remove it, some of the dirt will stick to the tape - repeat the process a few times...
If that doesn't help check your warranty and let oneplus fix it, otherwise search youtube or/and Google how to disassemble the device to clean the earpiece or go to one of these shops that offer repair, they'll do it too...

Last edited:
Reactions: BillGoss

kalyanrebba

Oct 23, 2013
Hyderabad
Begineer question :

Currently I'm on one plus 3T official oreo update
I.e. Oxygen os 5.0.1 and oreo 8.0.0 .
I just want root my device and after that I don't want use any custom rom except this stock original .
Can anybody provide me link of the thread consist of step by step procedure .
And updated links for oreo.

Thanks

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
Begineer question :

I just want root my device and after that I don't want use any custom rom except this stock original .

Thanks
You'll find a good guide here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/q-a-the-ultimate-oneplus-3-guide-solutions-e-t-c.448097/

I'd use Blu Spark 8.61 TWRP as the custom recovery which you can download from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...vice-development/kernel-t3404970/post67463496

And I'd root with Magisk 15.3 which you can get here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...v7-universal-systemless-t3473445/post68966662

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 3 XL
Begineer question :

Thanks
Besides the valuable information already given this is a very good read:
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...wrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.475142/

Laxen666

Jan 28, 2018
Oneplus 3t

Hi! Noob questions here :)

I wonder if i could get dolby digital, atmos from my Oneplus 3T through chromecast ultra?

I only get dolby digital when i cast from Netflix to homecinema!?

Fo a example a downloaded dolby digital demo from demo world's website and tried to cast it to homecinema but it only says 2.0 channel!?

Is there a app or something a can do!?

I dont think a wanna root becasue i never done that and i want automatic update to work in the future!?

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm using stock Open Beta 22, rooted with Magiskv15.3. I was getting "no connection" when trying to log into my "Shot on OnePlus" account through the wallpaper picker. After a little searching I found out Adaway was blocking the connection, but what I couldn't find was a way around that. How would I find the address I need to, I guess it's called whitelist, so as to be able to keep Adaway turned on but still allow me to log into my OnePlus app and get the updated wallpaper ever day. I can't see the logic in giving up Adaway just to be able to automatically change wallpapers... But if I can be lazy and continue to enjoy using Adaway along with not having to actually change my wallpaper myself (ugh, first world problems) that would be great.

Also, completely unrelated, but something I've been off and on looking for for a while... Does anyone happen to know in what ways I could make the dedicated menu button show on the navigation bar AND keep the Back/Home/Recent buttons centered like normal? Doesn't have to be OOS-specific, but would prefer a solution in Oreo. Any way I've found to make the menu button appear at all times moves there other 3 buttons to keep equal spacing between all buttons. I don't want equal spacing, I want the home button centered with the other 2 equidistant to either side, and menu all the way to the right. It could be done in all Marshmallow ROMs, some/most Nougat ROMs, and so far that I've found NO Oreo ROMs.

Last edited:

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 3 XL
I'm using stock Open Beta 22, rooted with Magiskv15.3. I was getting "no connection" when trying to log into my "Shot on OnePlus" account through the wallpaper picker. After a little searching I found out Adaway was blocking the connection, but what I couldn't find was a way around that. How would I find the address I need to, I guess it's called whitelist, so as to be able to keep Adaway turned on but still allow me to log into my OnePlus app and get the updated wallpaper ever day. I can't see the logic in giving up Adaway just to be able to automatically change wallpapers... But if I can be lazy and continue to enjoy using Adaway along with not having to actually change my wallpaper myself (ugh, first world problems) that would be great.
Adaway whitelist feature is described here:
https://github.com/AdAway/AdAway/wiki/LogDNS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]Welcome to
    Questions Answers & Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]
    redLine.png

This thread has been created to assist owners of:​
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]The OnePlus 3T[/SIZE]

oneplus-3t-specs.jpg

There are no questions that are deemed insignificant

Helpful information for your device:

Overview of the OnePlus 3T

Also visit the The Index Project thread (w.i.p) with a lot off additional info

ᴥ Please feel free to Ask Away anything about your device ᴥ
    I would kindly ask that everyone , absolutely everyone to post questions , concerns and ask for help HERE rather than opening useless Telegram chats , we are XDA users , aren`t we ?
    Thank you !
    -=-=-
    Below you'll find the most helpful guys around you may tag them if want [emoji12]
    @Funk Wizard
    Yes, never I used screen Protectors, why holding Jessica Alba in your hands while dressed?

Sent from my Darkside of Oneplus 3T
    Im trying to unlock the bootloader, but im having problems. When i type adb devices or fastboot devices, my device isnt showing up, and it is definitely connected. Ive also reinstalled the drivers multiple times. Still cant get that **** to work. Any reason why it isnt showing up?

I'm pretty sure you have windows 8.1 or 10, and that's the problem.
    Windows is blocking OnePlus drivers because they have some kind of problems with certificates.
    What you have to do is restart the computer in advanced mode (hold shift key and press on the restart icon until computer restarts with a blue screen)
    Now you have 3 options, Continue to windows, troubleshooting, and turn off the pc.
    Choose troubleshooting and then advanced options, now choose advanced options, boot settings.
    Now a list with some options should be displayed, search for "Disable imposition signed drivers" (it should be the 7th option).
    Now press the F7 key to restart with signed drivers disabled.
    system should now restart.
    Try plugging your phone, go to fastboot and then type the commands on pc.
    Hope this works for you, sorry for my english :p
    After installing twrp.. flashing SuperSU zip ..do we need also to flash the encryption disabler zip ? Or to format data to remove the encryption?....

Not needed in my case... Only flashing SuperSU enough (after "fastboot format userdata").

PS: One device is not well supported until @xanthrax is there.... ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone