[Q&A][Oneplus 5]Help thread, newbies post here first

Search This thread

ddaharu

Mar 30, 2011
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey guys,
is it possible to get rid of the "Close all Apps" button on the buttom of "Recents"? Or place it on the right or left side without changing ROM?

Everytime I want to go back to my app I click on that "Close all Apps" button... It's a really unfavorable position to have this button in the middle!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5/themes/v3-1-ozone-substratum-module-oos-t3627336

Read thoroughly.

Check the sixth feature in...features lol

Read through the instructions carefully.

You are rooted right?

Thank me later! :highfive:

t2jbird

Aug 31, 2013
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
I've never actually done this and don't want to waste my time if it doesn't work, but if I only flash a custom recovery (no root) will it break SafetyNet or will I still be able to use Android Pay, Netflix, etc no problem?

P.S. I know I could use Magisk to bypass SafetyNet

giaesse

Nov 27, 2011
Hey guys,
is it possible to get rid of the "Close all Apps" button on the buttom of "Recents"? Or place it on the right or left side without changing ROM?

Everytime I want to go back to my app I click on that "Close all Apps" button... It's a really unfavorable position to have this button in the middle!

Think not, you just have to get used to it :mad:

kushty

Nov 1, 2010
Hi. What are my options for getting one handed operation of this phone? I'm thinking so it shrinks the screen down to within reach of my right hand thumb temporarily.

*boy*racer*

Jan 11, 2011
Hey guys. I just got my OP5 yesterday and downloaded GTA San Andreas and I'm getting artifacts while playing. No matter what graphic settings I select, it's still the same.

Has anyone else got this? Should I send it back?

I tried real racing 3 and no issues. What other games do you think I should try that is heavy on graphics?

Thanks

Baldesarra

Sep 26, 2016
Why is the upper part that big when I start settings?
Faced this problem today for the first time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170704-225010_01.png
    Screenshot_20170704-225010_01.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20170704-225112.png
    Screenshot_20170704-225112.png
    82 KB · Views: 167

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
I'm having problems with GPS. Maps is showing my location incorrectly sometimes. Tried some GPS apps and status shows as "No fix". Could it be the hardware? Should I request a replacement before time runs out?

prile97

Apr 25, 2012
Vodice
It is not a problem, that is how it will be from now on.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Hey guys,

There is a way with substratum, but of course you need to be rooted.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Hey guys. I just got my OP5 yesterday and downloaded GTA San Andreas and I'm getting artifacts while playing. No matter what graphic settings I select, it's still the same.

Has anyone else got this? Should I send it back?

I tried real racing 3 and no issues. What other games do you think I should try that is heavy on graphics?

Thanks
Try asphalt 8, implosion, n.o.v.a., but i'm almost sure that it is a problem related to GTA not being optimized for the SoC . If all the other popular graphic heavy games work without any problems, it is not a hardware problem.

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Hi. What are my options for getting one handed operation of this phone? I'm thinking so it shrinks the screen down to within reach of my right hand thumb temporarily.
Try gboard keyboard. It has a one-hand mode, that can partially help alleviate your issue.
It's because of the large search box on top. You can swipe the screen to top to make it smaller. Swipe it down to make it bigger. Not sure what's the utility of that space, though.
I'm having problems with GPS. Maps is showing my location incorrectly sometimes. Tried some GPS apps and status shows as "No fix". Could it be the hardware? Should I request a replacement before time runs out?
It happened to me as well, on earlier build. But, as of now it works fine.

Reactions: kushty

*boy*racer*

Jan 11, 2011
Try asphalt 8, implosion, n.o.v.a., but i'm almost sure that it is a problem related to GTA not being optimized for the SoC . If all the other popular graphic heavy games work without any problems, it is not a hardware problem.

Thank you for replying. I will try them games. Cheers

ghettopops

Mar 6, 2006
So trying to install update manually to an unrooted Unit. I get to stock recovery and the password is not my unlock password. I would rather not delete all info. Any suggestions?

Jul 1, 2017
Is there a reason you can change the SMS ringtone, but not the notifications?

Is there a reason you can change the SMS ringtone, but not the notifications?

Any way to fix this? I literally just want to use my ringtone for regular notifications (email, etc)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oneplus 5 Help Thread

Welcome to the Oneplus 5 help thread! You can ask all questions here without the need of background knowledge. This thread is dedicated to solve users problems, so if you don't want to start a new thread for your question, ask it here. Members ready to help will be monitoring this thread and provide answers as soon as possible. A list of supporters will be added here as soon as the thread is getting more answers.

For everyone having trouble with rooting send installing a recovery: Please read this first. Thanks to @Funk Wizard for the great guide!

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters:If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligable for posting in development section.
    Hey.

Not new to xda. Been out of all the action for a couple of years and I'm returning with the one plus 5.

Does anyone know if I can unlock and root without screwing up Android pay? There's this Magisk thing I've read, but some tutorial on how to load it up on the one plus 5 would be nice.
    Yes, super easy. Look in the Dev section for full install. Cliff notes:
    Unlock bootloader via fastboot (performs a full format)
    Install TWRP v58
    Install Magisk via TWRP (it's a zip)
    In Magisk there is an option that allows you to hide root from certain apps, Android pay is on by default.

When you update the OS, do a full install (refer to official threads here on XDA for full downloads)
    Go to TWRP
    Perform a full backup
    Wipe dalvik cache
    Install new OS (full install)
    Reinstall Magisk
    Wipe dalivk cache
    Reboot the phone
    You won't lose anything with this method

Is it possible to keep root after updating your OS? i just updated to oxygenOS 4.5.4 (flashed it through zip on OP forums) and I lost my root and TWRP recovery.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5000 met Tapatalk

See above, just refash Magisk in TWRP and wipe dalvik cache.
    I'm not sure if @martinusbe got op5.

it's in the mail
    Hey, I have a question regarding rooting and OTAs! As far as I've understood, flashing a custom recovery and root after unlocking the bootloader breaks the OTAs and makes it a hassle to update your phone unless you're running a custom ROM, which im not planning to do just yet. My question is: is there a way to unlock the bootloader and root the device WITHOUT flashing a custom recovery, which (hopefully) wouldn't break OTA updates?
    I don't have a custom ROM
    I'm on 4.5.4
    I have TWRP installed and am rooted via Magisk
    With an Ota, OOS detects root and does a full download. To install it, you boot into recovery (TWRP) wipe dalvik cache, install full Ota (about 1.5gb), reflash Magisk whole in TWRP
    Wipe dalvik cache once more and reboot. No issues here.
    And that would be?
    default_password
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone