Hey guys I am facing problem I can't record calls, I am getting this
Anyway I am from india

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170708-190136_01.png
    Screenshot_20170708-190136_01.png
    40 KB · Views: 125

TimurEke

Jul 2, 2017
I want to root my phone, but don't want any custom ROM and custom recoverys, and I also want to keep the possibility of OTA updates and also possibly keep my data. If that's not possible, I would like also to know how to backup my data accordingly. Do you have any ideas?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I want to root my phone, but don't want any custom ROM and custom recoverys, and I also want to keep the possibility of OTA updates and also possibly keep my data. If that's not possible, I would like also to know how to backup my data accordingly. Do you have any ideas?

You`ll have to unlock the bootloader first which will wipe your device completely. Your apps and Google info will be restored if you choose to install a cloud backup when setting up the phone. Pics, files and other media you can copy to your pc and put it back later.

TimurEke

Jul 2, 2017
You`ll have to unlock the bootloader first which will wipe your device completely. Your apps and Google info will be restored if you choose to install a cloud backup when setting up the phone. Pics, files and other media you can copy to your pc and put it back later.
but do I have to install TWRP to root? if so, will I get OTA updates?

onlinejobwork

Aug 31, 2008
LONDON
I would like to know full Headphone/Mic compatibility with OnePlus 5, I tried few and the AKG comes with S8 Mic is NOT supported to work, and iphone headphone work ok but sometime it's completely lost Audio from mic and other people can't hear anything and I need to remove and insert again to get it work, Today I order Betron DC950 from amazon for £5.99 in lighting deal but I don't know if it fully work, I will post report about it tomorrow evening.

naginata

Nov 28, 2005
Hello everybody,

On my OP5 i got unlocked my OP5 and installed TWP (3.1.1.1 the last official cheeseburger). I wiped full (internal storage too).

When i would like to mount with TWRP, my PC recognize the OP5, i can see the internal storage of the OP5 (my computer shows unknwow capacity) but i can't copy/paste a custom Rom or another file.

I can flash with fastboot command the OP5 etc. But no copy/paste. So my OP5 got only TWRP and fastboot mod. No Rom or another ZIP to flash.
I got that on 2 PC, one with vista and one with WIN 10.

Someone got idea?

Thanks.

prile97

Apr 25, 2012
Vodice
If i understood correctly, you don't have a ROM installed, but you can enter fastboot or TWRP. If that is the case, download any ROM you want to your pc and push it to your device using adb push. Google how to do it if you don't know how.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Hello everybody,

On my OP5 i got unlocked my OP5 and installed TWP (3.1.1.1 the last official cheeseburger). I wiped full (internal storage too).

When i would like to mount with TWRP, my PC recognize the OP5, i can see the internal storage of the OP5 (my computer shows unknwow capacity) but i can't copy/paste a custom Rom or another file.

I can flash with fastboot command the OP5 etc. But no copy/paste. So my OP5 got only TWRP and fastboot mod. No Rom or another ZIP to flash.
I got that on 2 PC, one with vista and one with WIN 10.

Someone got idea?

Thanks.

Reactions: naginata

prile97

Apr 25, 2012
Vodice
Ok thanks, i will try.

I see adb push or adb sideload.
If you can enter twrp, i think adb push will do fine.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

If you can enter twrp, i think adb push will do fine.
EDIT: You need ADB, so you also need the SDK (although you *might* find only adb.exe and associated files here on XDA, which should be sufficient for this particular process, but I still recommend the SDK as it is quite handy).

Once you set up the SDK on your pc, go to the folder which has adb.exe, and open a command prompt there. That's the command line you need to use for adb sideload. From there, you can simply type adb sideload file_name.zip, which will place the file_name.zip in your internal storage. That's it

Reactions: naginata

naginata

Nov 28, 2005
It works, with adb sideload.

After the end of 100%, i searched the zip (OOS 4.5.5 stock) on the phone in order to install but just reboot the phone and it's ok. The ROM was installed.

Thx very much bro. :)

p0nkr4t

Sep 23, 2016
Hello everyone!
I'm in a kinda curious situation:
Should I buy OP3T now or should I wait for fixies for OP5 and buy him?
Thanks in advance!

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Hello everyone!
I'm in a kinda curious situation:
Should I buy OP3T now or should I wait for fixies for OP5 and buy him?
Thanks in advance!

That's easy to answer. :D

OP3t is a good device, but has last gen processor(sd821), which is pretty good, i must say.
OP5 is again an awesome device (i'm using it) with latest processor (sd835) and a dual-camera setup.

Now it's totally up to you. Buy op3t if you want to buy it or wait for op5 fixes if you want that.

psxda97

Nov 1, 2015
I couldn't seem to find this anywhere. I'm currently running Freedom rom, and whenever I open up the xda labs and tap "My Device", instead of taking me to the OnePlus 5 forums, it takes me to the One Plus One. Anyone know why this is happening?

There is a settings button on the top right corner. Press it and change it to oneplus 5

Reactions: prile97

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oneplus 5 Help Thread

Welcome to the Oneplus 5 help thread! You can ask all questions here without the need of background knowledge. This thread is dedicated to solve users problems, so if you don't want to start a new thread for your question, ask it here. Members ready to help will be monitoring this thread and provide answers as soon as possible. A list of supporters will be added here as soon as the thread is getting more answers.

For everyone having trouble with rooting send installing a recovery: Please read this first. Thanks to @Funk Wizard for the great guide!

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters:If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligable for posting in development section.
    Hey.

Not new to xda. Been out of all the action for a couple of years and I'm returning with the one plus 5.

Does anyone know if I can unlock and root without screwing up Android pay? There's this Magisk thing I've read, but some tutorial on how to load it up on the one plus 5 would be nice.
    Yes, super easy. Look in the Dev section for full install. Cliff notes:
    Unlock bootloader via fastboot (performs a full format)
    Install TWRP v58
    Install Magisk via TWRP (it's a zip)
    In Magisk there is an option that allows you to hide root from certain apps, Android pay is on by default.

When you update the OS, do a full install (refer to official threads here on XDA for full downloads)
    Go to TWRP
    Perform a full backup
    Wipe dalvik cache
    Install new OS (full install)
    Reinstall Magisk
    Wipe dalivk cache
    Reboot the phone
    You won't lose anything with this method

Is it possible to keep root after updating your OS? i just updated to oxygenOS 4.5.4 (flashed it through zip on OP forums) and I lost my root and TWRP recovery.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5000 met Tapatalk

See above, just refash Magisk in TWRP and wipe dalvik cache.
    I'm not sure if @martinusbe got op5.

it's in the mail
    Hey, I have a question regarding rooting and OTAs! As far as I've understood, flashing a custom recovery and root after unlocking the bootloader breaks the OTAs and makes it a hassle to update your phone unless you're running a custom ROM, which im not planning to do just yet. My question is: is there a way to unlock the bootloader and root the device WITHOUT flashing a custom recovery, which (hopefully) wouldn't break OTA updates?
    I don't have a custom ROM
    I'm on 4.5.4
    I have TWRP installed and am rooted via Magisk
    With an Ota, OOS detects root and does a full download. To install it, you boot into recovery (TWRP) wipe dalvik cache, install full Ota (about 1.5gb), reflash Magisk whole in TWRP
    Wipe dalvik cache once more and reboot. No issues here.
    And that would be?
    default_password
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone