hitexlt

Jan 1, 2011

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170629-222119_01.png
    Screenshot_20170629-222119_01.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 347

Trandaa

Jul 1, 2014
Is there any way to get dash charge while connected with the computer?
Nope,since dash charging requires compatible accessories (cable and charger) because the higher charging rate (about 3,5A). The regular cables (and most charges) aren't designed for this high current, so if there will be dash charging, there will be a risk of damaging your cables or device

Reactions: TheDarkDefender

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Hey guys,
is it possible to get rid of the "Close all Apps" button on the buttom of "Recents"? Or place it on the right or left side without changing ROM?

Everytime I want to go back to my app I click on that "Close all Apps" button... It's a really unfavorable position to have this button in the middle!
I dont think it's possible on stock ROM. If it's a rooted device, it would be a simple mod to change that position.
Hey everybody,
Is anyone able to use this phone with android auto? My car doesn't recognize the phone with the result that the app is just available on the phone but not streamed on my car display.
Thank you
Same here. I'm still trying to understand how mirrorlink works.
I couldnt find a setting to turn that off. You will need to swipe twice to get to full quicksettings tiles.

Reactions: Baldesarra

Dalamar666

Nov 27, 2013
Córdoba
Hello! Do you think its possible that,before making my order,ask for a revision of thr OP5 that i'm going to buy so they dont send me one with the "Jelly" Scrolling?

I really neeed a new phone but im afraid if im going to fight with OP's support about this error.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas Val

Feb 23, 2016
Hey, I have a question regarding rooting and OTAs! As far as I've understood, flashing a custom recovery and root after unlocking the bootloader breaks the OTAs and makes it a hassle to update your phone unless you're running a custom ROM, which im not planning to do just yet. My question is: is there a way to unlock the bootloader and root the device WITHOUT flashing a custom recovery, which (hopefully) wouldn't break OTA updates?

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9
Hey, I have a question regarding rooting and OTAs! As far as I've understood, flashing a custom recovery and root after unlocking the bootloader breaks the OTAs and makes it a hassle to update your phone unless you're running a custom ROM, which im not planning to do just yet. My question is: is there a way to unlock the bootloader and root the device WITHOUT flashing a custom recovery, which (hopefully) wouldn't break OTA updates?
I don't have a custom ROM
I'm on 4.5.4
I have TWRP installed and am rooted via Magisk
With an Ota, OOS detects root and does a full download. To install it, you boot into recovery (TWRP) wipe dalvik cache, install full Ota (about 1.5gb), reflash Magisk whole in TWRP
Wipe dalvik cache once more and reboot. No issues here.

Thomas Val

Feb 23, 2016
I'm on 4.5.4
With an Ota, OOS detects root and does a full download. To install it, you boot into recovery (TWRP) wipe dalvik cache, install full Ota (about 1.5gb), reflash Magisk whole in TWRP
That would also work, thanks a lot!

card13

I realize this may sound stupid, but I consistently work with 3 different timezones (one being China so my Day/Nites are all screwed up). I just got my OP5 and I'm noticing it is set to 12hr NO AM/PM indicators, I've scoured all the settings and I see NO function to turn on 24hour or AM/PM.
The ROM I'm using is xXx_NoLimits_1.3, but I'd assume this is not something that was tweaked in there, I could be wrong if so let me know and I'll choose a different one.
Anyone have any ideas on how to display 24hours (preferable) or at minimum the AM/PM denotations?

*************EDIT*******************

I ended up using Substratum and K-Klock to add some AM/PM denotation.

Last edited:

CoCoGirl886

Mar 26, 2011
Hi all,

So earlier today I was updating apps via the Google play store. Then suddenly the phone rebooted and has been stuck on the bootscreen since. I tried holding the power button to turn off the phone and reboot manually but the same thing happens. I believe I have the 4.5.2 update, rooted with magisk, twrp, and stock rom. I haven't tried doing a nandroid restore yet since im trying to preserve my data since the backup.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or know how to fix it? Thanks!

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
I realize this may sound stupid, but I consistently work with 3 different timezones (one being China so my Day/Nites are all screwed up). I just got my OP5 and I'm noticing it is set to 12hr NO AM/PM indicators, I've scoured all the settings and I see NO function to turn on 24hour or AM/PM.
The ROM I'm using is xXx_NoLimits_1.3, but I'd assume this is not something that was tweaked in there, I could be wrong if so let me know and I'll choose a different one.
Anyone have any ideas on how to display 24hours (preferable) or at minimum the AM/PM denotations?

Date time settings have an option to change to 24 hour format.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170702-072123.png
    Screenshot_20170702-072123.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Hi all,

So earlier today I was updating apps via the Google play store. Then suddenly the phone rebooted and has been stuck on the bootscreen since. I tried holding the power button to turn off the phone and reboot manually but the same thing happens. I believe I have the 4.5.2 update, rooted with magisk, twrp, and stock rom. I haven't tried doing a nandroid restore yet since im trying to preserve my data since the backup.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or know how to fix it? Thanks!
Can you boot to twrp? If you can you can back up your internal sd card to get your data.

psxda97

Nov 1, 2015

Glad You found the fix. May I ask what your job is? I'm little curious ;)

CoCoGirl886

Mar 26, 2011
Can you boot to twrp? If you can you can back up your internal sd card to get your data.

I am able to boot to TWRP. However, in the backup option I only see boot, cache, data exclu storage, recovery, system, system image, and EFS. From my understanding, there is the data option would not include any media/photos? Also, I realized my nandroid backup is on my computer... Would I be able to transfer the backup to my phone and also extract my media from my phone in adb mode? :confused:

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9
I am able to boot to TWRP. However, in the backup option I only see boot, cache, data exclu storage, recovery, system, system image, and EFS. From my understanding, there is the data option would not include any media/photos? Also, I realized my nandroid backup is on my computer... Would I be able to transfer the backup to my phone and also extract my media from my phone in adb mode? :confused:
Yes you can
Boot into TWRP and it should allow drag/drop access on a computer.

Also, before you do that, go into TWRP and wipe dalvik cache and see if that helps

babribeiro

Dec 6, 2011
Either Lisbon or Shanghai
Hello guys. I'm new to oneplus.
One question,
1. Where to find the option "carrier aggregation"?
I asked this because it showed somewhere before and I disabled it. Now it seems I cannot find it. Any ideas?
(I might be confused with something else but I believe not) .

Thanks

card13

@psxda97 I work as remotely doing IT support for some companies in Texas and New York, and then my stepmom and all her friends/family still live in China (I support her OP3T).

As for the Fix I used Substratum but I also found (after @Hetalk mentioned Date and Time settings) that I hadn't actually looked in there (I feel dumb saying that, but this is why I don't like rushing system builds anymore).

So thank y'all for the assist.

Reactions: psxda97

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oneplus 5 Help Thread

Welcome to the Oneplus 5 help thread! You can ask all questions here without the need of background knowledge. This thread is dedicated to solve users problems, so if you don't want to start a new thread for your question, ask it here. Members ready to help will be monitoring this thread and provide answers as soon as possible. A list of supporters will be added here as soon as the thread is getting more answers.

For everyone having trouble with rooting send installing a recovery: Please read this first. Thanks to @Funk Wizard for the great guide!

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters:If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligable for posting in development section.
    Hey.

Not new to xda. Been out of all the action for a couple of years and I'm returning with the one plus 5.

Does anyone know if I can unlock and root without screwing up Android pay? There's this Magisk thing I've read, but some tutorial on how to load it up on the one plus 5 would be nice.
    Yes, super easy. Look in the Dev section for full install. Cliff notes:
    Unlock bootloader via fastboot (performs a full format)
    Install TWRP v58
    Install Magisk via TWRP (it's a zip)
    In Magisk there is an option that allows you to hide root from certain apps, Android pay is on by default.

When you update the OS, do a full install (refer to official threads here on XDA for full downloads)
    Go to TWRP
    Perform a full backup
    Wipe dalvik cache
    Install new OS (full install)
    Reinstall Magisk
    Wipe dalivk cache
    Reboot the phone
    You won't lose anything with this method

Is it possible to keep root after updating your OS? i just updated to oxygenOS 4.5.4 (flashed it through zip on OP forums) and I lost my root and TWRP recovery.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5000 met Tapatalk

See above, just refash Magisk in TWRP and wipe dalvik cache.
    I'm on 4.5.4