• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q&A/OT] •ᴥ• GPE •ᴥ• Android Lollipop •ᴥ• MULTICARRIER •ᴥ•

Search This thread

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
You need to check your grammar. I simply can't understand what you are asking. Are you having trouble booting up at all, or do apps not open? Punctuation and grammar can make the difference between getting an answer or not.

i cannot reboot. if i ask for a reboot it turns off and gets stuck on the boot animation forever. if an app asks for a reboot (im guessing through a command) it turns off and gets stuck at the boot animation

Clean flash or dirty flash.

i've tried dirty flashing many times, and with different kernels. i'll try clean, but i doubt it'll work

pandron

Feb 11, 2012
Kernel options

Bit of a noob question, but is there a way to know what the major differences between the three kernel options in this ROM are? Stock vs. Sky Dragon vs. Captain? I've just been trying one, seeing how it goes, trying another, etc., but I have basically no clue what the differences are between them.
Thanks

jonathanbailie

Jan 5, 2014
Savannah
i cannot reboot. if i ask for a reboot it turns off and gets stuck on the boot animation forever. if an app asks for a reboot (im guessing through a command) it turns off and gets stuck at the boot animation

i've tried dirty flashing many times, and with different kernels. i'll try clean, but i doubt it'll work

How do you get booted up in the first place? Are you just dirty flashing the rom to get booted up?

Not sure about your problem specifically, but I would definitely try a clean flash. Dirty flashing can cause little issues like this. Let us know how it goes.

sparky_005

Apr 15, 2014
Bit of a noob question, but is there a way to know what the major differences between the three kernel options in this ROM are? Stock vs. Sky Dragon vs. Captain? I've just been trying one, seeing how it goes, trying another, etc., but I have basically no clue what the differences are between them.
Thanks
Kernels are their own world with the amount of information there is to know. I would start by looking at the threads for each of the kernels, look at what features each offers. Google around for the ones you don't know. The basics are different governors and schedulers and the ability to overclock or undervolt. There are other features of each as well

Reactions: pandron

pandron

Feb 11, 2012
Kernels are their own world with the amount of information there is to know. I would start by looking at the threads for each of the kernels, look at what features each offers. Google around for the ones you don't know. The basics are different governors and schedulers and the ability to overclock or undervolt. There are other features of each as well

I guess I'm also curious as to why the developer picked these specific kernels to include in the rom zip. I'm sure he had good reasons. I was on the stock for a while but my battery life seemed worse than before I upgraded to 5.0.1. Once I switched to Sky Dragon's kernel though my battery life seemed significantly better. It just seemed like a bit of black magic, but either way, it's awesome.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll dig into it and see what I learn.

Last edited:

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
Happy holiday everyone.

Please be careful during the holidays and be sure to post with good will and Development related conversation here...

Everything else will be pushed through the snow to the Q&A
santa-smiley-ho-ho-ho.gif

with all due respect and good will; please read before relocating:

1. how am I supposed to find the q&a thread, I was linked to this thread from the sprint forums since it's multicarrier. there should be a link in the op if we're expected to use it.

2. can we get notified when this happens? I thought the first time it was a glitch/error. a pm could work or a quoted message on the receiving thread so that we get notified and can find the destination

3. that thread is dead, my question sat there for 2 days without answer and here it got 3 answers within 30 minutes...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

scuccia

May 23, 2008
This seems to affect quite a few users in the Q&A thread. I've noticed it on 12/18 with stock kernel and buckmarble's kernel. Running Project ERA.

Changing the media volume using the volume rocker switch causes some media apps to force close. I've noticed the problem on Instagram and MXPlayer. But not on Amazon Music, nor on Poweramp. I've attached a partial logcat View attachment 3077425.

These users report the same bug with various programs: MXPlayer, Dish app, Vplayer, Pandora, Alarm clock

Due to the heavy thread moderation, some of the message numbers may change. But as of this particular moment in time, the links go to the message that describes the problem ;)

Thanks for your hard work to make this great ROM!

have fun,
john
I tried a bunch of aroma combinations with the 12/18 ROM, and all of them would crash media applications when I changed the volume.

I even tried dirty flashing over 12/17 and it still crashed.

I am now back on 12/17 and it's working fine.

Last edited:

TonyStark

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point

1. how am I supposed to find the q&a thread, I was linked to this thread from the sprint forums since it's multicarrier. there should be a link in the op if we're expected to use it.

2. can we get notified when this happens? I thought the first time it was a glitch/error. a pm could work or a quoted message on the receiving thread so that we get notified and can find the destination

3. that thread is dead, my question sat there for 2 days without answer and here it got 3 answers within 30 minutes...

Well happy holiday and here are some answers to your questions.

1. At the top of every page there is a link to the Q&A. It need not be in the Q&A as well at the top of every page, this would be redundant x 2

2. Moving posts happens several times a day. We can attempt to let people know when posts have been moved but really, it shouldn't have to happen. Now that you are aware where to post:good:

3. Dead... not sure what dead means. This thread seems rather active.

Thanks for the inquire and thank you for your understanding.

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
Well happy holiday and here are some answers to your questions.

1. At the top of every page there is a link to the Q&A. It need not be in the Q&A as well at the top of every page, this would be redundant x 2

2. Moving posts happens several times a day. We can attempt to let people know when posts have been moved but really, it shouldn't have to happen. Now that you are aware where to post:good:

3. Dead... not sure what dead means. This thread seems rather active.

Thanks for the inquire and thank you for your understanding.

I dont see it anywhere on that thread (screenshots included)

Attachments

• 1419449881853.jpg
    1419449881853.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 1419449886365.jpg
    1419449886365.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 160

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
How do you get booted up in the first place? Are you just dirty flashing the rom to get booted up?

Not sure about your problem specifically, but I would definitely try a clean flash. Dirty flashing can cause little issues like this. Let us know how it goes.

cache wipes get me booted, so the first boot works and after that i have to clean cache to boot up. every time that happens some apps I've uninstalled come back too... it's annoying

alas today i got stuff to do, cant risk being out of contact long enough to clean everything and flash then restore everything today... any other solutions to try today? or i could wait till tomorrow.

jonathanbailie

Jan 5, 2014
Savannah
cache wipes get me booted, so the first boot works and after that i have to clean cache to boot up. every time that happens some apps I've uninstalled come back too... it's annoying

alas today i got stuff to do, cant risk being out of contact long enough to clean everything and flash then restore everything today... any other solutions to try today? or i could wait till tomorrow.

As long as you can actually get booted up, I would just wait until tomorrow and see if anyone else has responded, then just clean flash. Use the lollipop setup to restore everything for you. That's what I use every time I clean flash, which is every build.

Are there any issues when you are booted up and running, or is it just when rebooting?

Also, I can't remember if you are using the latest firmware.

bburke88

Jun 12, 2010
Monterey

Yeah man... on the XDA app or Tapatalk, it doesn't show the Q&A Section. Its in a completely separate page. I made the same mistake too and was wondering where my posts went. Years ago, when I was most active on XDA, that section didn't exist.

bmerrill63

Oct 21, 2010
michigan
Battery percentage workaround.

So I'm not a big of the constant battery percentage in the recent 12/18 build and I know there was an app posted to fix this but the Play store said it wasn't compatible with my device. I found this app which worked great. Install>turn off percent>profit. This even worked through reboots.
Credits to the app developer for this.
Play store link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.edavid93.kitkat_battery_percentage

Last edited:

TonyStark

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point

Yeah man... on the XDA app or Tapatalk, it doesn't show the Q&A Section. Its in a completely separate page. I made the same mistake too and was wondering where my posts went. Years ago, when I was most active on XDA, that section didn't exist.
It does not show on the app, as stated, It will in chrome and your PC/Mac

here is a ss of the links at the top of the page
Q%26A%20lollipop.PNG

Battery percentage workaround.

So I'm not a big of the constant battery percentage in the recent 12/18 build and I know there was an app posted to fix this but the Play store said it wasn't compatible with my device. I found this app which worked great. Install>turn off percent>profit. This even worked through reboots.
Credits to the app developer for this.
Play store link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.edavid93.kitkat_battery_percentage
Your post has been moved here to Q&A.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmerrill63

bburke88

Jun 12, 2010
Monterey
Hey guys,

Anytime I try to take a pic with the built in (Google) Camera app, I get an FC. I tried to remove the app via Titanium Backup, but it says "Can't locate apk"

Any suggestions?

*******FIXED THE PROBLEM. Mods, please remove.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This information is available everywhere, try not to make the thread longer than it needs to be.

I don't know the answer, but there was a discussion about 50 pages back, and the magical search bar does know the answer.

Hey, thanks for not helping. You made the thread longer without adding anything. You have quoted me and another person with a rude and unnecessary reply. We are both trying to get help and that's what we do here....help each other.
    [Q&A/OT] •ᴥ• GPE •ᴥ• Android Lollipop •ᴥ• MULTICARRIER •ᴥ•

Welcome to the home of

Digitalhigh GPE - The ORIGINAL GPE for HTC M8
    (often imitated, never duplicated!)

Hi! I'm Digitalhigh, and welcome to this Q&A / Off topic thread thread.

My masterpiece rom can be found here
    Please do material dark theme, would be awesome for this ROM if it can be done!!!

i am just getting familar with lollipop theming, but i will try to do one aswell ;)
    Happy holiday everyone.

Please be careful during the holidays and be sure to post with good will and Development related conversation here...

Everything else will be pushed through the snow to the Q&A
    santa-smiley-ho-ho-ho.gif

You act like you know what your doing.... Lol

~m8whl on the Always Solid ViperOneM8 Latest
    Hypernova mako_hotplug kernel at 2.572 Max ¦ 300 Min ¦ 1.190 Sleep
    intellidemand
    row

maybe a lil bit lol, got a stable stock rockn right now