- May 3, 2011
i cannot reboot. if i ask for a reboot it turns off and gets stuck on the boot animation forever. if an app asks for a reboot (im guessing through a command) it turns off and gets stuck at the boot animation
i've tried dirty flashing many times, and with different kernels. i'll try clean, but i doubt it'll work
Kernels are their own world with the amount of information there is to know. I would start by looking at the threads for each of the kernels, look at what features each offers. Google around for the ones you don't know. The basics are different governors and schedulers and the ability to overclock or undervolt. There are other features of each as wellBit of a noob question, but is there a way to know what the major differences between the three kernel options in this ROM are? Stock vs. Sky Dragon vs. Captain? I've just been trying one, seeing how it goes, trying another, etc., but I have basically no clue what the differences are between them.
Kernels are their own world with the amount of information there is to know. I would start by looking at the threads for each of the kernels, look at what features each offers. Google around for the ones you don't know. The basics are different governors and schedulers and the ability to overclock or undervolt. There are other features of each as well
I tried a bunch of aroma combinations with the 12/18 ROM, and all of them would crash media applications when I changed the volume.This seems to affect quite a few users in the Q&A thread. I've noticed it on 12/18 with stock kernel and buckmarble's kernel. Running Project ERA.
Changing the media volume using the volume rocker switch causes some media apps to force close. I've noticed the problem on Instagram and MXPlayer. But not on Amazon Music, nor on Poweramp. I've attached a partial logcat View attachment 3077425.
These users report the same bug with various programs: MXPlayer, Dish app, Vplayer, Pandora, Alarm clock
Due to the heavy thread moderation, some of the message numbers may change. But as of this particular moment in time, the links go to the message that describes the problem
Thanks for your hard work to make this great ROM!
Well happy holiday and here are some answers to your questions.with all due respect and good will; please read before relocating:
1. how am I supposed to find the q&a thread, I was linked to this thread from the sprint forums since it's multicarrier. there should be a link in the op if we're expected to use it.
2. can we get notified when this happens? I thought the first time it was a glitch/error. a pm could work or a quoted message on the receiving thread so that we get notified and can find the destination
3. that thread is dead, my question sat there for 2 days without answer and here it got 3 answers within 30 minutes...
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Well happy holiday and here are some answers to your questions.
1. At the top of every page there is a link to the Q&A. It need not be in the Q&A as well at the top of every page, this would be redundant x 2
2. Moving posts happens several times a day. We can attempt to let people know when posts have been moved but really, it shouldn't have to happen. Now that you are aware where to post:good:
3. Dead... not sure what dead means. This thread seems rather active.
Thanks for the inquire and thank you for your understanding.
cache wipes get me booted, so the first boot works and after that i have to clean cache to boot up. every time that happens some apps I've uninstalled come back too... it's annoying
alas today i got stuff to do, cant risk being out of contact long enough to clean everything and flash then restore everything today... any other solutions to try today? or i could wait till tomorrow.
It does not show on the app, as stated, It will in chrome and your PC/Mac
Your post has been moved here to Q&A.Battery percentage workaround.
So I'm not a big of the constant battery percentage in the recent 12/18 build and I know there was an app posted to fix this but the Play store said it wasn't compatible with my device. I found this app which worked great. Install>turn off percent>profit. This even worked through reboots.
Credits to the app developer for this.
Play store link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.edavid93.kitkat_battery_percentage