[Q&A] Philz Advanced CWM v.6.58.9 SM-T330NU FINAL milletwifi milletwifiue

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for Philz Advanced CWM v.6.58.9 SM-T330NU FINAL milletwifi milletwifiue

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for Philz Advanced CWM v.6.58.9 SM-T330NU FINAL milletwifi milletwifiue. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

M

moonbutt74

Flashed and works great. just wondering what is the difference between the millitwifiue and militwifi? thanks for your work.

The milletwifi milletwifiue appears to be a mistake on my part as to the exact device name from stock recovery,

for uniformity you will want to install the milletwifiue version, though when a custom rom does come to this tab
the assert can be amended to include both milletwifi and milletwifiue for anyone still running the milletwifi recovery.
I'm just getting to removing that link now, busy day. [ugh]

thanks.

m

temporary2010

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Is there a way to reset the settings for Philz Advanced CWM (eg. a file that I can delete?).

I've installed it on my Samsung Tab 4. Everything was working fine, until I decided to try changing the background to a solid colour. After that, CWM recovery mode *only* shows the background wallpaper, and no text or menus, meaning I can't reset the settings from within CWM.

I've reinstalled stock recovery, verified that it was working, then reinstalled Advanced CWM, but still stuck with only the wallpaper showing.
Thanks for any help.

PS. Thanks for your work on this.
-------

Update: Nevermind, I've found a fix. After doing a couple of things, I installed the TWRP recovery, then went back to the Custom CWM. Fixed! :D

Last edited:
M

moonbutt74

hi,

your cwm custom settings should be located in clockworkmod directory , meaning /sdcard/clockworkmod/.
for a custom background you can create the directory inside /sdcard/clockworkmod/custom_res

the image file needs to be .png.

m

usersmk

Aug 14, 2014
montreal
with odin ...

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> sm-t330nu-Philz-6_58_9-recovery-milletwifiue.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

please help!! thank you ;)

cyrus ad

Apr 25, 2015
Dhaka
hello, first of all thanks a lot for your support. but i am a bit confused because i am totally new in this steps. my question is under the t330nu you have two options - "sm-t330nu-Philz-6_58_9-recovery-milletwifiue.tar.md5" and "sm-t330nu-Philz-6_58_9-recovery-final.img.tar.md5" now which one do i use. please help me out.

M

moonbutt74

hello, first of all thanks a lot for your support. but i am a bit confused because i am totally new in this steps. my question is under the t330nu you have two options - "sm-t330nu-Philz-6_58_9-recovery-milletwifiue.tar.md5" and "sm-t330nu-Philz-6_58_9-recovery-final.img.tar.md5" now which one do i use. please help me out.

C,

hi, the zip file is for flashing via an previously installed recovery
the tar.md5 is for flashing via odin.
the OP carries a brief explanation.
The XDA search function will provide the rest, if you are a noob first search "odin flashing" to learn about the process
and to learn what tools you need and why. You need a Windows machine to use odin, i think heimdall is dead.

As to the recovery version by date and model, choose the latest release for your model.

m

cyrus ad

Apr 25, 2015
Dhaka
C,

hi, the zip file is for flashing via an previously installed recovery
the tar.md5 is for flashing via odin.
the OP carries a brief explanation.
The XDA search function will provide the rest, if you are a noob first search "odin flashing" to learn about the process
and to learn what tools you need and why. You need a Windows machine to use odin, i think heimdall is dead.

As to the recovery version by date and model, choose the latest release for your model.

m

got it :) thanks a lot

kevinhykuo

Jan 12, 2014
Victoria
Can't flash via Odin on LP 5.1.1

Hi, is any one having this problem?
I can flash the recovery normally using odin 3.09 on 4.4.2 that originally comes with SM-T330NU.
Then, I have to reflash the stock firmware so it will update to 5.1.1, since it would not do so if it detects the system is modified. After installing the 888Mb update to LP 5.1.1, I try flashing the recovery again. Odin shows it was a success, but when I boot to recovery, the stock recovery is still there. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Last edited:
M

moonbutt74

Hi, is any one having this problem?
I can flash the recovery normally using odin 3.09 on 4.4.2 that originally comes with SM-T330NU.
Then, I have to reflash the stock firmware so it will update to 5.1.1, since it would not do so if it detects the system is modified. After installing the 888Mb update to LP 5.1.1, I try flashing the recovery again. Odin shows it was a success, but when I boot to recovery, the stock recovery is still there. Am I missing something? Thanks!

kev,

same routine for flashing custom recovery, doesn't matter if twrp or philz. For odin flash, UNCHECK AUTO RESTART.
when recovery flash is done, force reboot to recvoery FIRST. Then reboot as normal.

m