[Q&A] PHILZ RECOVERY for SPICE MI509

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for PHILZ RECOVERY for SPICE MI509

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for PHILZ RECOVERY for SPICE MI509. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

epsan

Aug 22, 2015
Not working... :(

Hi "Saurabh" i tried this procedure my Spice MI509 is showing Spice logo "S" and restarting continuously please help me out.

saurabh1234

Oct 12, 2012
delhi
Hi "Saurabh" i tried this procedure my Spice MI509 is showing Spice logo "S" and restarting continuously please help me out.

How u flashing this recovery...???
Use mobile uncle tool...
It needs root and then place the recovery in sdcard after renaming It to recovery.img and then open Mobil uncle tool and select install recovery from sdcard and then select the recovery file...
Wait some time and your recovery will work now...

And I want to know that on which android version u r?? Kitkat or jelly bean???

epsan

Aug 22, 2015
How u flashing this recovery...???
Use mobile uncle tool...
It needs root and then place the recovery in sdcard after renaming It to recovery.img and then open Mobil uncle tool and select install recovery from sdcard and then select the recovery file...
Wait some time and your recovery will work now...

And I want to know that on which android version u r?? Kitkat or jelly bean???
Hey Thanks for reply, i resolved that issue by trying to turn on the phone by usb power, phone boots up normally but without any signal both sims are properly inserted but no signal (may be IMEI issue) how to resolve it???. ( procedure i followed for previous attempt, i am currently on JellyBean my stock android version(people say Mi509 come with KITKAT out of box but its not in case of my phone. i followed your procedure as it is, downloaded attachment and MobileUncle apk installed that apk , opened that uncle and selected recovery update and it automatically restarted.)

Last edited:

epsan

Aug 22, 2015
now i know that my standard Android Recovery was OVERWRITTEN by custom recovery and i DIDNT backup my stock recovery . what should i do. ( i read something about EFS partition which contains IMEI info which was corrupted by custom recovery i believe ). and also please send me backup of recovery partition (or EFS) to me @ epsann@gmail.com i will set my own IMEI nos using Enginering Mode apk . this is my only phone please help me

Last edited:

saurabh1234

Oct 12, 2012
delhi
now i know that my standard Android Recovery was OVERWRITTEN by custom recovery and i DIDNT backup my stock recovery . what should i do. ( i read something about EFS partition which contains IMEI info which was corrupted by custom recovery i believe ). and also please send me backup of recovery partition (or EFS) to me @ epsann@gmail.com i will set my own IMEI nos using Enginering Mode apk . this is my only phone please help me

thats why i was asking about android version....
bcoz all roms and recovery available for MI509 uses KITKAT kernel and you flashed it on Jellybean...
here i attach the stock recovery of jellybean....
for fixing IMEI use this link.........
This will fix it permanently...
IMEI TOOL with video tutorial....https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5DM6ZSz3dh-eTQzV2VWck1Kckk&export=download

Database- http://www.mediafire.com/download/no1oo8rroq4uqtr/Database.rar

use database file from second link bcoz this database is for spice mi509....
and next time dont flash rom if you have jellybean

epsan

Aug 22, 2015
Hey "Sourabh" did i "bricked" my phone???? and how to overcome that please.............

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Again Thanks for the reply, i just came to know that..... i should back up efs directory thank you very much for your support, i will let you know the status once i finish all the countermeasures.

saurabh1234

Oct 12, 2012
delhi
Hey "Sourabh" did i "bricked" my phone???? and how to overcome that please.............

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Again Thanks for the reply, i just came to know that..... i should back up efs directory thank you very much for your support, i will let you know the status once i finish all the countermeasures.

If your device I bricked then just flash stock firmware using sp flash tool...if you don't know how to ...
Then give it to service centre but don't tell them about rooting and flashing custom rom...
Bcoz if you tell them then they will cost you money...

Reactions: epsan

epsan

Aug 22, 2015
If your device I bricked then just flash stock firmware using sp flash tool...if you don't know how to ...
Then give it to service centre but don't tell them about rooting and flashing custom rom...

Hey "Saurabh" you didddit. i tried using SPFTool and its working i was able to get my imei nos also(but it took me two days to figure it out). NOW how do i upgrade my mobile to KITKAT do you have that rom. can you please send me that link(stock rom).

saurabh1234

Oct 12, 2012
delhi
Hey "Saurabh" you didddit. i tried using SPFTool and its working i was able to get my imei nos also(but it took me two days to figure it out). NOW how do i upgrade my mobile to KITKAT do you have that rom. can you please send me that link(stock rom).

Above was mistyping I was writing 'is' but leaved at 'i'. But thats no problem.
Below is stock kitkat firmware....flash through spflashtool...
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B1F4thoxIkjEb3pMT0N1UEhmQ00

When flashing firmware is done then root your mobile and install the philz recovery using flashify or mobile uncle tool to install custom rom...

Last edited:

epsan

Aug 22, 2015
Above was mistyping I was writing 'is' but leaved at 'i'. But thats no problem.
Below is stock kitkat firmware....flash through spflashtool...
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B1F4thoxIkjEb3pMT0N1UEhmQ00

When flashing firmware is done then root your mobile and install the philz recovery using flashify or mobile uncle tool to install custom rom...
Thank you very much "Saurabh" it really worked and i am running stock KITKAT now and will change it to custom rom very soon... again Thank you very much :eek::good:

subash.ateet

Oct 23, 2015
Could someone provide backup image of spice MI 509. My phone got stuck in a bootloader while changing font.
Is there any method to come out of the problem. Pls reply.

saurabh1234

Oct 12, 2012
delhi
Could someone provide backup image of spice MI 509. My phone got stuck in a bootloader while changing font.
Is there any method to come out of the problem. Pls reply.

download the stock rom from xda firmware site and then use flashtool in that zip to install the firmware in your mi509...it will boot... but u will lost your apps installed earlier...

subash.ateet

Oct 23, 2015
download the stock rom from xda firmware site and then use flashtool in that zip to install the firmware in your mi509...it will boot... but u will lost your apps installed earlier...

Thanks Saurabh1234 for your reply.
How can I use flashtool in my mobile as it is stucking in bootloader? I can access only Recovery mode ( Power + Vol. down). Is there any method to install the firmware by Recovery mode(Power + Vol. down)?
I had already tried the SP flastool to flash my mobile but the software dont access/ read my mobile.

Last edited:

saurabh1234

Oct 12, 2012
delhi
Thanks Saurabh1234 for your reply.
How can I use flashtool in my mobile as it is stucking in bootloader? I can access only Recovery mode ( Power + Vol. down). Is there any method to install the firmware by Recovery mode(Power + Vol. down)?
I had already tried the SP flastool to flash my mobile but the software dont access/ read my mobile.

flashtool will work on your pc and laptop...
download firmware and then install drivers given in it in your pc then open your flashtool and load bootloader...
now connect your device to pc via data cable with or without battery ...
then click on download button in flashtool and press vol down on device.
then update will start..

check this link...
http://xdaforums.com/android/general/rooting-cwm-firmware-spice-stellar-mi-t2969920

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you very much "Saurabh" it really worked and i am running stock KITKAT now and will change it to custom rom very soon... again Thank you very much :eek::good:

i am always here to help...
    and now i am uploading my new ORIGINAL LOLLIPOP ROM CM12.1 ...
    and links will be available in two three days...