[Q&A] [RECOVERY][ Unofficially Open Recovery TWRP 2.8.0.0 ][ 14/09/2014]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [RECOVERY][ Unofficially Open Recovery TWRP 2.8.0.0 ][ 14/09/2014]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [RECOVERY][ Unofficially Open Recovery TWRP 2.8.0.0 ][ 14/09/2014]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

pusmak14

Oct 27, 2014
Hey guys im running windows 8.1 on laptop and i dont know how to or i just cant open that cmd .....
And please can u write a tutorial step by step what to do ? Havent done these thing for many years and have forgot about all this stuff ;)
Im running KK 4.4.2. , please help me out , i really need root, its the question about life and death :( (Im realy sorry for my bad englsih) , if u have any questions, ask ;) waiting forward.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hey guys im running windows 8.1 on laptop and i dont know how to or i just cant open that cmd .....
And please can u write a tutorial step by step what to do ? Havent done these thing for many years and have forgot about all this stuff ;)
Im running KK 4.4.2. , please help me out , i really need root, its the question about life and death :( (Im realy sorry for my bad englsih) , if u have any questions, ask ;) waiting forward.

Hello !

Please, take a look here ;)

Best regards !

damage83

Feb 9, 2012
Huawei P6 B513 stock cannot load twrp 2.8.0.0

Hi All, can anyone help or guide me how to install twrp 2.8.0.0 from B513 stock? I tried using adb + fastboot to flash but i received error saying that it cannot load. Please help.....

Ok after sleepless night now i got it. the answer is given above..... thank you so much........

Another question, will there be a problem if I flashed straight to twrp 2.8.00 from stock recovery B513? just curious will i be missing any important updates coming from the early revision that may not be available in the latest one?

Last edited:

moby292000

Jul 27, 2014
twpr

when i do "fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.0.img" say me "cannot load openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.0.img".
why?

tileeq

Jan 4, 2014
Gevgelija
Maybe you need to redownload the file, and check the spelling just in case.

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

meetloaf

Oct 25, 2014
Riyadh
I had TWRP 2.8.1.0, now I tried to get stock, HELP needed!

First of all, many thanks to @surdu_petru, as usual your works have been always appreciated!

I had TWRP 2.8.1.0 and CM11, now I wanted to go to stock (recovery and rom). So, I flashed the B510 stock files: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51718316&postcount=2
and now, when I try to go to recovery to install the UPDATE.APP in dload folder, it displays some other info with no options:
Code:
ro.build.version.release = 4.4.2
ro.product.name = UEDGE
Current build version release is not 4.2, don't need move.
USB Update Enter...
HUAWEI SDCARD&USB UPDATE AGENT VERSION 2.0
This phone is secureboot phone.
This phone is unlock state.

I searched the forums but no avail, most of them refer to older versions;
I am on android kitkat, and most of the guides I found were referring to jellybean.

EDIT: I have found the way, to go from custom to stock manufacturer rom, and to go from KitKat to JellyBean.

Last edited:

meetloaf

Oct 25, 2014
Riyadh
To downgrade from KK to JB; To go back from custom to stock w/o backups

Former details:
Huawei Ascend P6
-running CM11 (thanks to @surdu_petru)
-using TWRP 2.8.1.0 (thanks to @surdu_petru)
-on B512 before installing custom rom and recovery

**requirements
-sdcard
-enough battery capacity
#optional; USB cable

What I did:
-flash B635 repack in TWRP [http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p6/development/b635-repack-bbnkk4-4-2-huawei-p6-t2929111]
-flash B510 recovery.img in bootloader mode [http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2709353; POST #2]
-place B132 in dload folder; in sdcard
-force update by holding [Vol -]+[Vol +]+[PWR]
**you will be in a bootloop after
-go to recovery (in this case; stock recovery-B510)
-wipe /data; /cache;
-and reboot
-Voila!! update to B512; international firmware

Sumar4e

Nov 20, 2014
skopje
Can some one help my, i have a problem with installing flashing openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.0
I'm on P6 B707 EMUI 3.0 International Firmware and when i trying to flash i get this error:

error: cannot load 'openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.0.img'

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 36

tileeq

Jan 4, 2014
Gevgelija
Can some one help my, i have a problem with installing flashing openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.0
I'm on P6 B707 EMUI 3.0 International Firmware and when i trying to flash i get this error:

Is the twrp .img file that you downloaded in the same folder as the fadtboot and adb files?

Sent from my SM-G850F using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Sumar4e

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Is the twrp .img file that you downloaded in the same folder as the fadtboot and adb files?

Sent from my SM-G850F using xda app-developers app