[Q&A] [ROM][5.0.2]AntaresOne & Alucard24's optimized CM12 builds

Search This thread

lauterm

Apr 9, 2011
Anybody can answer why can not sending mms from my 9505 with 2311 built please? Settings are same as they were on rom before??? Any idea?

I switched to hangouts for texts. In its settings, the is a place to select APN. I chose the same APN as in the main settings. It was set to the old Cingular settings. I can now send and receive MMS within hangouts. I think maybe the other apps are also picking the wrong APN too.

ench18

Mar 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Last edited:
Reactions: maletomnow

Beebo.h

Nov 23, 2014
Does anyone else have a noticeable delay when you turn on the screen? Like when you press the power button, the screen doesn't turn on instantly.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

arkson82

Nov 18, 2013
Auckland
SD Card not mounting

Bug for build 25/11
SD Card is not being recognised. SD card is inserted, but the storage option has option for 'Mount SD Card'. Tapping it does nothing. When SD card is removed, option says 'Insert SD Card' but reinserting does not do anything.

For me the most stable build was 23/11, reverting to it now. It correctly shows the SD Card.

Apart from that, this ROM is AWESOME! Some major envy for my friends on their OEM ROMs! LOL

Thanks.

Jul 16, 2014
Quebec
Just found something about this, I have modified Generic.kl in /system/usr/keylayout. I've changed the line "key 172 HOME" to "key 172 WAKEUP" and its work. The only problem now is that the home button only wake up the phone and nothing else, I need to activate the navbar to have a home key but its OK for me heheh!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

BakedTator

Jan 8, 2011
I noticed that the change log stated that in call vibrations are now there...where can I fine the settings for it....see it nowhere in the dialer

jonatasmz

Jan 27, 2010
guys.. i'm using one app that doesn't support ART runtime. There's nothing i cant do, unless wait for a new version of the app right? there's no way to run this app on lollipop, right? no dalvik anymore?

Thanks

Linkmeup82

Apr 3, 2011
Asheville
I switched to hangouts for texts. In its settings, the is a place to select APN. I chose the same APN as in the main settings. It was set to the old Cingular settings. I can now send and receive MMS within hangouts. I think maybe the other apps are also picking the wrong APN too.

It's not APN. It's something with the new messaging app the dev put in CM12. It force closes when someone is trying to send you a text. Simply switching to Hangouts and going to settings, select to make Hangouts your default messaging app and you can send and receive SMS again within Hangouts without messing with APN settings. I recommend using the new messenger app for Lollipop by Google on Play Store and going to settings and select to use it as your default messaging app. Works for me without having to play with APN settings. It matches the ROM great and is also located here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging

neizel

May 26, 2012
This is an amazing work, thank you so much.

The only thing I'm missing and my life is complete atm is the dynamic status bar from PA roms. Anyone knows how to try to integrate that into this ROM or isn't possible due to the ART runtime?

lauterm

Apr 9, 2011
It's not APN. It's something with the new messaging app the dev put in CM12. It force closes when someone is trying to send you a text. Simply switching to Hangouts and going to settings, select to make Hangouts your default messaging app and you can send and receive SMS again within Hangouts without messing with APN settings. I recommend using the new messenger app for Lollipop by Google on Play Store and going to settings and select to use it as your default messaging app. Works for me without having to play with APN settings. It matches the ROM great and is also located here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging

That's what I was using. SMS was fine. MMS didn't work. There was another user with the same issue. I was telling him what worked for me. We've both had this issue since before the new CM app was released. I appreciate you trying to help, but that wasn't the problem.

Reactions: Linkmeup82

peshellas

Jul 23, 2010
Athens
This ROM has the new camera API which allows taking pictures in RAW? The app said "This device not support RAW" but all devices with lollipop support RAW image.

I'm not sure if the new camera api is included or if we have to wait for the GPE edition to be released so we can take the official driver from Samsung, but even if we have it, the camera software must be updated to support cm12 and our device.. By the way which app did you try? PkmX L camera?

Jared20098

Jun 9, 2013
Santiago
This is an amazing work, thank you so much.

The only thing I'm missing and my life is complete atm is the dynamic status bar from PA roms. Anyone knows how to try to integrate that into this ROM or isn't possible due to the ART runtime?

You should go to the Q&A for this stuff. This is the development thread. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone know why reading is a lost art? Anyone know how to enable it? Thanks
    GUYS, please stop!
    Post questions in the Q&A
    Report bugs in the bug report section
    and request features in the feature request sections above!!
    I know this is also a 'redundand post' taking up space, but I hope that'll prevent more space being lost to similar posts all the time!
    Thanks Moderators and developers for the jobs all of you are doing. Love the ROM.
    seems to be all developments has stopped since Official CM12 will start build SOOONNNN....

Stopped?

I'm building.
    what is the updating of 24 separate colors of Christmas?

seems like its just the terrible colors .... disappointed here ... exactly against all reasons i use cm for

I find his disappointing and completely unnecessary!

I wanted to do a little gift for Christmas, other users appreciated and you complain. Okay then, you have the 22/12 build on AFH, just revert.

Remember that this is a work for free, I'm not asking for any kind of payment, and you complain.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    1st Nobody ask about home button unlock, it is a known issue and does not work
    2nd You can't put widgets on the lockscreen in Android 5.0
    3rd The battery drain from miscellaneous is known and it was an issue from Google code and is now fixed by Google, so w8 for CM to sync to latest Google build
    4th When you have root issues, just flash latest Super SU Beta and if it doesn't work, then ask
    5th This ROM is made for ALL Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 variants, so if you want to flash it to 9500(exynos variants) luckily there is one for those devices in the 9500 forums, if it has bugs or is not as good as this one post to that thread to help your dev make it better.
    6th To everyone saying that they don't have enough posts to post on the original thread, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO, that thread is for DEVELOPMENT posts ONLY, any questions problems and anything else belongs here.
    7th Double tap to sleep does not work yet
    8th Lastly from what I heard latest build (24/11) breaks RIL (radio), so don't flash it or if you do, flash the RIL fix too.
    @AntaresOne mate if u want put this to the op of this and/or the original thread so it could reduce already answered posts, that's why I took the time to write it.. :silly:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone