[Q&A] [ROM][5.0.2]AntaresOne & Alucard24's optimized CM12 builds

Search This thread

Linkmeup82

Apr 3, 2011
Asheville
Following a clean install of Build 27th, this problem is still plaguing me: no apps will install (restore) from the Play Store, over WiFi. Anyone else experience that today?

I'm having zero issues. Let's test something. Try this recovery: http://ktoonsez.jonathanjsimon.com/sgs4/F2FS/ It's the one I always use. It says all-in-1.zip and you can flash it in recovery then reboot recovery. All I did was wipe system and flash ROM, gapps, su and reboot using this recovery. It's worth a shot and always works for me where other recoveries fail.

crazy_la4o

Nov 26, 2014
5.0 27 build

The best way to install the 27 build and save the apps is to wipe cashe, dalvik cashe and system, leave the data. After that you are ready to install the 27 build.

PJBXDA

Apr 19, 2012
Hi All

Bit of a noob here. Is there an idots guide of how to get this on my s4 please?

Also I assume I will need to back it up first, can anyone suggest the best app/pc software for this.

Thanks

Samsung Galaxy s4 GT-I9505
Android 4.4.2
O2 Network

Last edited:

Wizatek

Nov 27, 2014
When i go to into recovery mode.
Factory Wipe
Install from external storage
Then select the cm-12-20141127-UNOFFICIAL-jflte.zip
And after a few seconds it tells me
E: footer is wrong
E: signature verification failed

And then it reboots back to android 4.3

any idea what i can do about this since i hear it works fine for others?

Linkmeup82

Apr 3, 2011
Asheville
When i go to into recovery mode.
Factory Wipe
Install from external storage
Then select the cm-12-20141127-UNOFFICIAL-jflte.zip
And after a few seconds it tells me
E: signature verification failed

And then it reboots back to android 4.3

any idea what i can do about this since i hear it works fine for others?

Did you do an MD5 checksum?

waterdaan

Oct 25, 2013
Has anyone figured out how to disable the menu/back buttons when the screen it off? I'm getting sick of turning my phone screen on as I put my hand in my pocket haha.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
I'm running stock kernel without any of the problems you mention

dclarkg

Dec 18, 2013
San Jose
Can someone answer instead of just making useless posts about where to post?
If you learn how to read and use the search function people wouldn't have to point you where to post, instead of crying because someone corrected you you should be looking for an answer in the CORRECT thread. Have a nice day

biazoto

Mar 4, 2012
Hi All

Bit of a noob here. Is there an idots guide of how to get this on my s4 please?

Also I assume I will need to back it up first, can anyone suggest the best app/pc software for this.

Thanks

Samsung Galaxy s4 GT-I9505
Android 4.4.2
O2 Network
You have two options, backup tour data only or backup your ROM fully. To backup data only, you can make a simple backup with tour PC, copy and paste your files normally. To backup your rom fully, you can follow these tutorials:

If you use cwm recovery - http://www.android.gs/backup-and-restore-your-android-device-using-clockworkmod-recovery-2/

If you use twrp recovery - http://www.theandroidhow.com/2014/05/how-to-easily-backup-restore-rom-using-twrp.html?m=0

Reactions: PJBXDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone know why reading is a lost art? Anyone know how to enable it? Thanks
    GUYS, please stop!
    Post questions in the Q&A
    Report bugs in the bug report section
    and request features in the feature request sections above!!
    I know this is also a 'redundand post' taking up space, but I hope that'll prevent more space being lost to similar posts all the time!
    Thanks Moderators and developers for the jobs all of you are doing. Love the ROM.
    seems to be all developments has stopped since Official CM12 will start build SOOONNNN....

Stopped?

I'm building.
    what is the updating of 24 separate colors of Christmas?

seems like its just the terrible colors .... disappointed here ... exactly against all reasons i use cm for

I find his disappointing and completely unnecessary!

I wanted to do a little gift for Christmas, other users appreciated and you complain. Okay then, you have the 22/12 build on AFH, just revert.

Remember that this is a work for free, I'm not asking for any kind of payment, and you complain.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    1st Nobody ask about home button unlock, it is a known issue and does not work
    2nd You can't put widgets on the lockscreen in Android 5.0
    3rd The battery drain from miscellaneous is known and it was an issue from Google code and is now fixed by Google, so w8 for CM to sync to latest Google build
    4th When you have root issues, just flash latest Super SU Beta and if it doesn't work, then ask
    5th This ROM is made for ALL Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 variants, so if you want to flash it to 9500(exynos variants) luckily there is one for those devices in the 9500 forums, if it has bugs or is not as good as this one post to that thread to help your dev make it better.
    6th To everyone saying that they don't have enough posts to post on the original thread, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO, that thread is for DEVELOPMENT posts ONLY, any questions problems and anything else belongs here.
    7th Double tap to sleep does not work yet
    8th Lastly from what I heard latest build (24/11) breaks RIL (radio), so don't flash it or if you do, flash the RIL fix too.
    @AntaresOne mate if u want put this to the op of this and/or the original thread so it could reduce already answered posts, that's why I took the time to write it.. :silly:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone