[Q&A] [ROM][5.0.2]AntaresOne & Alucard24's optimized CM12 builds

Search This thread

TLK3

Jan 10, 2013
Thanks, TLK3. I was surprised nobody else experienced it. In AntaresOne's instructions for switching to F2FS, external SD card is not mentioned at all. Is it possible that the card can't benefit from this file system and that it's meant for the internal memory only? It would be weird, since it worked earlier, but then again, the developer never confirmed this would be an issue. :confused:

This had happened once during Alucard builds and now apparently CM12. Changing kernels doesn't fix. F2FS is for SD cards as well. All flash storage. Benefits and advantages vary.

Been such a rare issue. I've been running F2FS for months on all partitions, internal and ex. This is the 2nd time I've had an issue, and it's on an early development build.

Can anyone confirm if external F2FS is fixed in 12-02? I never nandroid and paid last time.
Not in the mood to flash this sec.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

How stable is this ROM as a daily driver? Are there a lot of things that aren't working or just buggy?

I run daily. 11-27 has odd BT issues (distorted sound). 12-01 has F2FS on external SD issues. 12-02 haven't flashed yet. I'm satisfied, though.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

I don't know about this broken Kernel, here is everything fine, except that I can't root the Titanium Backup

Did you install supersu? I had to flash, even though this was supposedly fixed.

Reactions: sioux7

MrMinz0r

Nov 26, 2014
Hello,
This might be a very stupid question, but what are the real benefits from using F2FS? I read the Wikipedia article and it says only good stuff, but how it will ease my life or will it boost up the performance for example?

F2FS is a Filesystem developed and open sourced by Samsung. This filesystem was the Reason of slowdown of early Samsung Galaxy S ROMS but matured since.
F2FS is also available for the linux Kernel, you can put it on a harddrive and do some Benchmarks.
A good Site which does frequent filesystem comparisions is Phoronix.com.
For myself i would stick to ext4 because its the overally fastest and most robust available filesystem in most usecases.

Here is a link:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=search&q=F2FS

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Since 01/12 runs good even with my Moto360 i use it as my daily ROM.
But today i wanted to use Google Maps Navigation and GPS does not work correctly.
If it does find a FIX it stays on the Position forever, did not find that mentioned in this Thread.

Last edited:

scrioss

Feb 13, 2011
Which recovery would you recommend to flash the last version?
I would like to give the ROM a try.

Anyone know if there are issues with spotify?

rob.d.s i9505

Nov 28, 2014
1st 12th

has this been updated from the origanal that had been posted?:confused:

if it has can some one let me know and if its working ok

thanks in advance:good:

i have the feelin it was added to after i did it

the last one looks fantastic when its sorted.

Last edited:

RethyI

Dec 3, 2014
Bug with calls

Whenever i make a phonecall and put the phone to my ear and start talking the screen goes black. Normal right? But if i want to check somethin on the screen it doesnt come back. Pretty bad if someone doesnt pick up and you cant end the call. Before you say something about dust on the proximity sensor i will tell you now that its all good with other roms... had this since CM11... M9 i think. Others have the same issue and it would be nice to solve this... and least disable the sensor somehow. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
--- EDIT--

Fixed it by doing stept described in post #15 in this thread :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2045569&page=2

Last edited:

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
Question:

I am currently on Netanalyzer's CM12 ROM.
If I wanted to try out this one, would I have to do a factory reset or is a wipe of system and cache enough?

What differences can I expect between Netanalayzer's build and Antartesone?

Thanks

Jsilver73

Nov 5, 2013
Christchurch UK
Whenever i make a phonecall and put the phone to my ear and start talking the screen goes black. Normal right? But if i want to check somethin on the screen it doesnt come back. Pretty bad if someone doesnt pick up and you cant end the call. Before you say something about dust on the proximity sensor i will tell you now that its all good with other roms... had this since CM11... M9 i think. Others have the same issue and it would be nice to solve this... and least disable the sensor somehow. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Nope, everything perfect here and err, proximity sensor playing up is all I can think of, maybe flash back a nandroid and check. Haven't actually seen any body else retiring this though.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Question:

I am currently on Netanalyzer's CM12 ROM.
If I wanted to try out this one, would I have to do a factory reset or is a wipe of system and cache enough?

What differences can I expect between Netanalayzer's build and Antartesone?

Thanks

Obviously do a nandroid before you do anything, then wipe system, cache and dalvik, then flash ROM gapps and SuperSU, it should be OK, of not restore your nandroid or clean install ;)

Reactions: adelancker

biazoto

Mar 4, 2012
for now, I have this battery consumption. Build 12/01 with stock kernel

065f8aa7cb0b385f2724bfeffb00fe9d.jpg

d4e94b9a1a7f1ff0be5257b26146938c.jpg

cc9cb7256aa6dde13535f4c88e7f4c34.jpg

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
Obviously do a nandroid before you do anything, then wipe system, cache and dalvik, then flash ROM gapps and SuperSU, it should be OK, of not restore your nandroid or clean install ;)
Yeah, sure, I just wanted to know in general, because I though you didn't have to wipe system for cm builds as long as they were based on the same version, but with cm12 it seems no matter where you come from, dirty flashes ruin everything :D

RethyI

Dec 3, 2014
Nope, everything perfect here and err, proximity sensor playing up is all I can think of, maybe flash back a nandroid and check. Haven't actually seen any body else retiring this though.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Ok so if anyone else interested about this I have found a solution in this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2045569&page=2

and followed the steps described in post #15. It does work now and i know for a fact that it isnt a hardware proble, (as i said it wored with TW roms. So if anyone else has similar black screen while calling problems this might be the solution

petre22

Aug 22, 2014
burriana
Hi, I have a problem I can not view the data I have internet, I have data but have a R and nothing else although I 3g, 2g, 4g ..... you know as I can visualize apart from the network?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone know why reading is a lost art? Anyone know how to enable it? Thanks
    GUYS, please stop!
    Post questions in the Q&A
    Report bugs in the bug report section
    and request features in the feature request sections above!!
    I know this is also a 'redundand post' taking up space, but I hope that'll prevent more space being lost to similar posts all the time!
    Thanks Moderators and developers for the jobs all of you are doing. Love the ROM.
    seems to be all developments has stopped since Official CM12 will start build SOOONNNN....

Stopped?

I'm building.
    what is the updating of 24 separate colors of Christmas?

seems like its just the terrible colors .... disappointed here ... exactly against all reasons i use cm for

I find his disappointing and completely unnecessary!

I wanted to do a little gift for Christmas, other users appreciated and you complain. Okay then, you have the 22/12 build on AFH, just revert.

Remember that this is a work for free, I'm not asking for any kind of payment, and you complain.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    1st Nobody ask about home button unlock, it is a known issue and does not work
    2nd You can't put widgets on the lockscreen in Android 5.0
    3rd The battery drain from miscellaneous is known and it was an issue from Google code and is now fixed by Google, so w8 for CM to sync to latest Google build
    4th When you have root issues, just flash latest Super SU Beta and if it doesn't work, then ask
    5th This ROM is made for ALL Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 variants, so if you want to flash it to 9500(exynos variants) luckily there is one for those devices in the 9500 forums, if it has bugs or is not as good as this one post to that thread to help your dev make it better.
    6th To everyone saying that they don't have enough posts to post on the original thread, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO, that thread is for DEVELOPMENT posts ONLY, any questions problems and anything else belongs here.
    7th Double tap to sleep does not work yet
    8th Lastly from what I heard latest build (24/11) breaks RIL (radio), so don't flash it or if you do, flash the RIL fix too.
    @AntaresOne mate if u want put this to the op of this and/or the original thread so it could reduce already answered posts, that's why I took the time to write it.. :silly:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone