[Q&A][ROM][6.0.1] CyanogenMod 13.0 for Xperia SP

Search This thread

Daniel D.

Apr 19, 2012
Hi, I use many builds (official & unofficial ) cm 13 & 12.1 and other ROM but Always have a problem with all of them.
In the first days after flashing ROM (with full wipe and pico gapps) everything good and smooth but after a week or more phone beginning lag and I had flash new ROM or build to solve it. Any body can help me?
That's right, but it was way slower months ago. I think another reason for this are the apps. Two cores are not enough and the apps become bigger and bigger over time. What Adrian achieved for this phone is very good. I'm dreaming of quad core or higher if I use the Motorola G3 or the Samsung S6 edge, but I think why should I pay for a new phone if the old one is still working? I've to admit that the point is near to switch to a new one, but I'm fighting. [emoji5]

Reactions: OsGhaly

riedenthied

Aug 6, 2015
DE
Have you tried to wipe art cache? I'm using the same built of cm13 for about a month and doesn't have any lag etc.

Sent from my Xperia SP using Tapatalk

I flashed a new nightly yesterday and wiped cache/dalvik after it. Now the phone is nice again. Before it was really laggy. Maybe wiping is the key but why should it be necessary once a week?
@Daniel D.
Yes, I'm fighting hard against a Z5 Compact. In my opinion it's all about RAM, RAM, RAM. But I hope 2 GB are enough, I don't want such a huge 5"+ phone.

Last edited:

Daniel D.

Apr 19, 2012
@Daniel D.
Yes, I'm fighting hard against a Z5 Compact. In my opinion it's all about RAM, RAM, RAM. But I hope 2 GB are enough, I don't want such a huge 5"+ phone.[/QUOTE]

I agree to all of your points. I set 5" as a maximum for me. Let's see what the next months will bring. One sidenote: A Moto G3 with only 1 GB RAM is a lot smoother, therefore I think it depends on the CPU in cooperation with the software/RAM settings. But I think I don't have enough knowledge to proof it.

Last edited:

smogf

Feb 17, 2011
Slubice
Hi.
I have today installed latest nightly. Work smooth and fast.
After first run "system" asked me to chose sd card mode. As usuall (other marshmallow roms) i choose to use it as data media (or whatever it called in english) not as internal storage. I change roms many times so dont need it.
Afyer choosing this mode once. The sdcard notification is not gone. I cannot swipe it. It says always "For transferring photos and media". With explore and unmount button. On other roms after choosing this mode i could swap it and never shows again. Here its always there :( Very annoing. Anyone?

Wysłane z mojego Xperia SP przy użyciu Tapatalka

smogf

Feb 17, 2011
Slubice
Fat32, one partition. 32GB AData Class 10. No errors on windows xp, win7, win10, gentoo and ubuntu.
Tommorow I will copy all from card to my pc and i will format it on device. Will see. Unfortunately at work till tommorow.

Temporary solution was just turn off systemui notification but i think that now i can miss some important notification.

Last edited:

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io
Fat32, one partition. 32GB AData Class 10.

Thanks that confirms what I thought, it's because of Fat32.
Now that I have a spare MicroSD I managed to do the test & reproduce the issue.

I'm working on a fix to the common framework & will submit once tested.
Do not disable SystemUI notification. I think you can survive with that notification rather than missing all the others.

Reactions: bloodraven174

smogf

Feb 17, 2011
Slubice
Thanks that confirms what I thought, it's because of Fat32.
Now that I have a spare MicroSD I managed to do the test & reproduce the issue.

I'm working on a fix to the common framework & will submit once tested.
Do not disable SystemUI notification. I think you can survive with that notification rather than missing all the others.
That was temporary solution. In the other side. I ve already remove systemui from notification blacklist and notification didnt come back - till device restart. With that I can live :) Thanks.

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io

Onawt

Jun 29, 2016
Hi @Adrian DC,

Thanks for fixing the bug with the SD card. I clean flashed 25-06 nightly and had the exact same bug as smogf had. Although the ROM is still in nightly status, I have to say it is really smooth and apart from the SD card bug, I didn't encounter many other bugs (although I can't test every feature of course, since I'm not really a poweruser).

In the main develoment thread you asked to delete "libcsd-client.so". I don't know if it's related, but right after clean install I used the music widget and on pressing play, the music would be max volume for a split second and then return to the volume my phone was set to. Don't know if this problem was related to "libcsd-client.so", but after deleting this file, the problem was gone.

Also got a question, because the instructions with Gapps were a little unclear for me. If I want to update to the latest nightly, do I have to flash the latest Gapps package again to prevent the "...not responding" error? Or do I only have to flash Gapps if I went from for example CM12.1 to CM13?

Lastly... I know you don't do ETAs, but what are features or bugs you are still working on? What can we still expect to be added/fixed? Because to me the ROM looks pretty much complete.
Only things that always can be improved on imo are the speed of the device and battery life, but I don't know how much further you're able to optimize those. Optimizing RAM management would also be nice (since our Xperia SP only has 1GB), but I don't know how much is possible in this regard.

Overall I really like the experience thus far, coming from a CM11 M10 release which was almost two years old :p. Thanks you so much for your hard work on this ROM :good:

Onawt

Reactions: AdrianDC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About this Q&A thread for CyanogenMod 13.0
    Use this area to ask anything you want related to CM-13.0,
    but try not to spam everyone, always search for an answer before.

General Questions & Answers
    Is root access included into CM ?
    Yes. Go into Settings, About Phone. Tap "Build number" 7 times.
    Go back, open Developer options. Change "Root access" option.
    Do not use SuperSU unless you are sure, creates booting issues.
    Read more about it : Here.

Is the ROM suited for daily usage ? Google Apps compatible too ?
    Yes completely. Nightlies and OpenGApps recommended.​

Can I flash CyanogenMod NIGHTLY and UNOFFICIAL without wipes ?
    Yes you can.​

Should I flash SNAPSHOT builds when I'm on NIGHTLY ?
    No, the Nightlies are already more up to date.
    You can flash SNAPSHOT builds when you don't want to update often.​

Is the device encryption supported ?
    Yes it is, but if you're coming from an older ROM
    please read the details here : a07afb9660a86f702066003b8e81ab63789d1660

When USB connected to a computer, I can't access the storage ?
    The phone is in charge-only mode by default on Marshmallow,
    due to a stronger security logic regarding unauthorized data access.
    Swipe down the notifications and change the USB mode.​

I can't access the ROM's recovery with Volume-
    Nightlies before the 4th June 2016 suffered from an incomplete CyanogenRecovery image,
    therefore the recovery fails to starts, the display fades out and the device reboots.
    You can either flash the boot.img from the newer Releases with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or FlashTool,
    or follow the instructions of the TWRP Recovery installation to update from TWRP.​

Against advices, I upgraded without GApps and now it crashes. Any way without factory reset ?
    Yes there is, but nothing assures you'll manage to do it fully & preserve all your data...
    Once booted, keep saying Ok to all "Unfortunately, ... has stopped",
    pull-down the notifications panel, press the Settings icon,
    go in Apps, menu, Show System, scroll to Setup Wizard (green Android logo),
    Permissions, and activate Contacts + Telephone.
    Later, some Play Store apps may need reinstalling.
    If not ok, try this : CM Wiki
    If still not, then I advise a clean factory-reset reinstallation...​
    Good news !

The USB mode is accessible in the notifications once connected,
    you access the pop-up directly here every time you want too.

Sent from my Xperia SP using Tapatalk
    As all changes, it won't necessarily be merged "tomorrow" or on day X,
    but once I'm ok with it & proven to work correctly by most.

I'll probably merge jemalloc soon because I consider it both stable and as good / even better than before.

ZRAM 400MB allows us to compensate more free RAM availability.

Something you need to understand is that ZRAM set to X size does not mean X MB are blocked for ZRAM,
    but that a maximum of X MB will be allowed to be compressed and put aside to gain more available RAM.

I let you Google the way ZRAM works because you'll find very detailed and interesting informations about its work.

Also remember the fact that without ZRAM, we used to run out of RAM very easily,
    and the worst case I can speak of is with the worst crash test app ever, here I nominate... Facebook app.
    Installing that apk is the most disastrous RAM test you can do, in December when I was doing all those ZRAM tests & fixes,
    I would test-run it all by installing the biggest apk version of the FB app, it can go to as low as 5MB of free RAM,
    and it used to crash the whole phone in fact :D .

Now with ZRAM it basically can't really happen, we mostly get enough RAM available to do everything we normally need to.
    @anisingh62 : Alright let's clean up this whole mix up...
    Absolutely everything you said was reversed hence ununderstandable by anyone.

- The XenonHD build you're talking about doesn't have any "Snap Camera"
    - It has the very old Android Camera2 app

- CyanogenMod has its own Snap Camera app now and other ROMs using "Snap" are simply using our sources, same app.

- Yes Snap performs less perfy than Camera2 at the moment
    - Yes it's obviously being looked at

- Had you checked the main thread, 3rd post about Addons, you would have seen I released a Camera2 addon a while ago.

Hope this makes things more clear.
    06/06 is best nightly till now ....super smooth :)