adriandc.github.io
logo-cid.png

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

About this Q&A thread for CyanogenMod 13.0
Use this area to ask anything you want related to CM-13.0,
but try not to spam everyone, always search for an answer before.

CyanogenMod 13.0 for Sony Xperia Blue

General Questions & Answers
Is root access included into CM ?
Yes. Go into Settings, About Phone. Tap "Build number" 7 times.
Go back, open Developer options. Change "Root access" option.
Do not use SuperSU unless you are sure, creates booting issues.
Read more about it : Here.

Is the ROM suited for daily usage ? Google Apps compatible too ?
Yes completely. Nightlies and OpenGApps recommended.​

Can I flash CyanogenMod NIGHTLY and UNOFFICIAL without wipes ?
Yes you can.​

Should I flash SNAPSHOT builds when I'm on NIGHTLY ?
No, the Nightlies are already more up to date.
You can flash SNAPSHOT builds when you don't want to update often.​

Is the device encryption supported ?
State unknown. If you're coming from an older ROM
please read the details here : a07afb9660a86f702066003b8e81ab63789d1660

When USB connected to a computer, I can't access the storage ?
The phone is in charge-only mode by default on Marshmallow,
due to a stronger security logic regarding unauthorized data access.
Swipe down the notifications and change the USB mode.​

I can't access the ROM's recovery with Volume-
You can either flash the boot.img from the newer Releases with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or FlashTool,
or follow the instructions of the TWRP Recovery installation to update from TWRP.​

Due to an unknown issue in data, the partition still looks like a 2GB
Although very unlikely, it may be possible that your data had an error
that could not be fixed automatically by the time you did the UserData Unification.
Export the resize_userdata.zip from the CM-13 zip / install / unify_userdata,
and flash it from your recovery. If it works, problem solved.​

Against advices, I upgraded without GApps and now it crashes. Any way without factory reset ?
Yes there is, but nothing assures you'll manage to do it fully & preserve all your data...
Once booted, keep saying Ok to all "Unfortunately, ... has stopped",
pull-down the notifications panel, press the Settings icon,
go in Apps, menu, Show System, scroll to Setup Wizard (green Android logo),
Permissions, and activate Contacts + Telephone.
Later, some Play Store apps may need reinstalling.
If not ok, try this : CM Wiki
If still not, then I advise a clean factory-reset reinstallation...​

Last edited:

kworr

Jul 11, 2016
Just tried flashing cm-13.0-20160711-UNOFFICIAL-hayabusa.zip from basketbuild. Everything went fine, phone goes preparing applications, then it goes starting applications and it just waited the for a long time without proceeeding. Upon reboot phone is stuck on booting animation.
In previous builds from basketbuild:
* wifi/cell/gps/compass doesn't work;
* from the start sdcard wasn't available (fixed at 06 or 05);
* screen doesn't turn off and wasn't adjusting (until 08, now it turns off);
* when phone is off instead of charge level two text strings are displayed: "Charging", "??/100".
Apart from that everything went smoothly after updating from cm 12.1 - I haven't cleaned anything. Apps are working, youtube is playing video, ads are shown in games and I can install new apps. There was one reboot while GPlay was updating YouTube.
Ready for the new builds. If I have missed anything just name it.

Reactions: AdrianDC

kworr

Jul 11, 2016
How was the battery life in this rom. :confused::confused:

I can compare by going out for ingress. On previous build of 12.1 phone survived a hour and a quarter. Now it survives a hour and a half. This can be only my imagination though so I'll try to use it in the same pattern for a week or so.
On the other hand the phone overheats. This also may be my imagination as temperature here is near 38́°C (100°F) so everything overheats easily.

pchatzop

Oct 16, 2015
Hello, and that you for taking the time to tune your rom for this phone! One small question, is it possible to repartition the device to have only one single data partition, and build the rom accordingly(meaning emulated storage?) It is one big drawback on many sony devices of that time, and separate data and sdcard partitions.

Klaus N.

Oct 14, 2012
Nuremberg
I accidently flashing SuperSU through TWRP, and now Im stuck in boot?
What should I do now? Clean Flash back the ROM?

Just boot into recovery and flash the rom again. If you don't succeed, then wipe only system, and flash cm & gapps right after, and you should be fine ( your data will be untouched).

Last edited:

markus1540

Dec 17, 2010
Frankfurt
You suggested to move discussion about bricked phones due to WhiteNeos faulty TWRP image here in Q&A.
So it seems that I ran into this issue described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68100827&postcount=288
This should also explain why I am now unable to flash WhiteNeos Unofficial CM 12.1 builds (getting a missing crypto-footer issue) or a stock system image with Flashtool (just displays a FAILED message without further information even in debug log mode).

I was still able to flash all other .sin files in flashmode besides the failing system one though (amss_fsg, amss_fs_1, amss_fs_2, boot, cache, cust-reset.ta, fotakernel, kernel, partition and userdata).
Afterwards I rebooted into fastboot and flashed your TWRP 3.0.2 build as boot and it actually booted to it, however TWRP-3.0.2 was unable to mount most of the partitons, it succeded in flashing CM 13 after some playing around though.
It seems that some partitions or contents are still missing though as I am still unable to flash any other ROM besides your CM 13 version with the unified data partition.
My system is currently booting into CM 13 with the unified data partition but it's pretty useless for me as I'm getting constant black screen of deaths once the screen turns off for a few seconds.

Any suggestions, logs you want or maybe raw partition dumps I could try to flash?

DanielZRK

Jan 4, 2013
La Victoria
twitter.com
I got a Xperia TX running Stock 4.3 (9.2.A.1.215) to install CM13 Only I need flash twrp-3.0.2-20160814-boot-hayabusa.img via flashtool or cmd and then the CM13.zip and OpenGapps? I've already unlocked the bootloader. I was using Windows Phone/Mobile for a year, So I'm quite lost.:confused:

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io
I got a Xperia TX running Stock 4.3 (9.2.A.1.215) to install CM13 Only I need flash twrp-3.0.2-20160814-boot-hayabusa.img via flashtool or cmd and then the CM13.zip and OpenGapps? I've already unlocked the bootloader. I was using Windows Phone/Mobile for a year, So I'm quite lost.:confused:

Yes, easiest way is to just flash the latest twrp img as boot (fastboot flash boot twrpimgfile),
then from there flash CM13, follow the instructions for the unification,
and finally flash CM13 and GApps, you're all set.

valeri.nikolov

Jan 13, 2010
You suggested to move discussion about bricked phones due to WhiteNeos faulty TWRP image here in Q&A.
So it seems that I ran into this issue described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68100827&postcount=288
This should also explain why I am now unable to flash WhiteNeos Unofficial CM 12.1 builds (getting a missing crypto-footer issue) or a stock system image with Flashtool (just displays a FAILED message without further information even in debug log mode).

I was still able to flash all other .sin files in flashmode besides the failing system one though (amss_fsg, amss_fs_1, amss_fs_2, boot, cache, cust-reset.ta, fotakernel, kernel, partition and userdata).
Afterwards I rebooted into fastboot and flashed your TWRP 3.0.2 build as boot and it actually booted to it, however TWRP-3.0.2 was unable to mount most of the partitons, it succeded in flashing CM 13 after some playing around though.
It seems that some partitions or contents are still missing though as I am still unable to flash any other ROM besides your CM 13 version with the unified data partition.
My system is currently booting into CM 13 with the unified data partition but it's pretty useless for me as I'm getting constant black screen of deaths once the screen turns off for a few seconds.

Any suggestions, logs you want or maybe raw partition dumps I could try to flash?

When I flashed CM13 and CM14 I also had constant black screens and phone shut down randomly.
And because I wanted to prove to myself that these are not hardware faults I reverted to stock rom.

I flashed FTF image with Flashtool. I had to use older flashtool version as the latest couldn't finish the process and broke with errors.

Flashtool 0.9.18.6 did the job for me
Stock firmwares - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2648320

Initially it worked flawlessly but then, around 50% battery level, to my dissapointment random black screens of death happened again.

So it is either hardware fault, or something get messed while flashing the different ROM builds.

Last edited:
Reactions: markus1540

imayoda81

Apr 27, 2006
Hi there,
seems to me but 19 sept. update cm13 nightlies tree is not installing, crashing right after the recovery reports update started.
Anybody else? :)

Late edit.

Just realised somehow twrp was gone... reflashed it in fastboot mode, now everything is cool.
Thanks Adrian :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About this Q&A thread for CyanogenMod 13.0
    Use this area to ask anything you want related to CM-13.0,
    but try not to spam everyone, always search for an answer before.

CyanogenMod 13.0 for Sony Xperia Blue

General Questions & Answers
    Is root access included into CM ?
    Yes. Go into Settings, About Phone. Tap "Build number" 7 times.
    Go back, open Developer options. Change "Root access" option.
    Do not use SuperSU unless you are sure, creates booting issues.
    Read more about it : Here.

Is the ROM suited for daily usage ? Google Apps compatible too ?
    Yes completely. Nightlies and OpenGApps recommended.​

Can I flash CyanogenMod NIGHTLY and UNOFFICIAL without wipes ?
    Yes you can.​

Should I flash SNAPSHOT builds when I'm on NIGHTLY ?
    No, the Nightlies are already more up to date.
    You can flash SNAPSHOT builds when you don't want to update often.​

Is the device encryption supported ?
    State unknown. If you're coming from an older ROM
    please read the details here : a07afb9660a86f702066003b8e81ab63789d1660

When USB connected to a computer, I can't access the storage ?
    The phone is in charge-only mode by default on Marshmallow,
    due to a stronger security logic regarding unauthorized data access.
    Swipe down the notifications and change the USB mode.​

I can't access the ROM's recovery with Volume-
    You can either flash the boot.img from the newer Releases with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or FlashTool,
    or follow the instructions of the TWRP Recovery installation to update from TWRP.​

Due to an unknown issue in data, the partition still looks like a 2GB
    Although very unlikely, it may be possible that your data had an error
    that could not be fixed automatically by the time you did the UserData Unification.
    Export the resize_userdata.zip from the CM-13 zip / install / unify_userdata,
    and flash it from your recovery. If it works, problem solved.​

Against advices, I upgraded without GApps and now it crashes. Any way without factory reset ?
    Yes there is, but nothing assures you'll manage to do it fully & preserve all your data...
    Once booted, keep saying Ok to all "Unfortunately, ... has stopped",
    pull-down the notifications panel, press the Settings icon,
    go in Apps, menu, Show System, scroll to Setup Wizard (green Android logo),
    Permissions, and activate Contacts + Telephone.
    Later, some Play Store apps may need reinstalling.
    If not ok, try this : CM Wiki
    If still not, then I advise a clean factory-reset reinstallation...​
    Current status of each device
    • Xperia T (Mint) : Fully working, stable, no known major issue remaining
    • Xperia TX (Hayabusa) : Fully working, stable, no known major issue remaining
    • Xperia V (Tsubasa) : Mostly working, RIL phone issues being worked upon
    I accidently flashing SuperSU through TWRP, and now Im stuck in boot?
    What should I do now? Clean Flash back the ROM?

Just boot into recovery and flash the rom again. If you don't succeed, then wipe only system, and flash cm & gapps right after, and you should be fine ( your data will be untouched).

Working great now! Thank

Yes, easiest way is to just flash the latest twrp img as boot (fastboot flash boot twrpimgfile),
    then from there flash CM13, follow the instructions for the unification,
    and finally flash CM13 and GApps, you're all set.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone