• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q&A][ROM][7.1] CyanogenMod 14.1 for Xperia SP

Search This thread

XSPuser

Aug 12, 2016
Does anyone know how to make the navigation bar bg transparent? I don't want to hide it though.
I don't think everyone has this problem. My Nova launcher is causing this problem I guess!

Last edited:

Kaffeetrinker

May 15, 2015
Eppelborn
Does anyone know how to make the navigation bar bg transparent? I don't want to hide it though.
I don't think everyone has this problem. My Nova launcher is causing this problem I guess!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/help/navigation-bar-transparent-t3389406

You're right, it's a Nova problem. Have you tried the solution that's mentioned in the thread I linked?

If this doesn't work, I think you should search XDA for Nova navbar transparent or ask the guys who code Nova Launcher. I'm pretty sure it's not really a device specific problem.

PS: If it wasn't Christmas soon, I would have given you a lmgtfy link :p

Reactions: XSPuser

Kaffeetrinker

May 15, 2015
Eppelborn
Thanks for the replay it is C5303 :confused::crying:

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

how can they be the same ! ?

Have a look in the link!
2500 is the lowest frequency of the 2600 band that goes from 2500 to 2700.
There is no band with the mid frequency 2500. So I would guess it's gotta be the same band...

Reactions: h4xw4r

Kaffeetrinker

May 15, 2015
Eppelborn
Hello fellows... I forgot how can I settings the instalation app just on sd card... My card already settings fot internal storage.. Thanks

You can't do that. At the moment, app developers have to approve that the app may be moved to SD. Only few developers have done that so far. They're afraid of their apps being slow when moved to SD.

I think we're gonna have to wait for Xposed and a module that takes care of this.

Reactions: rcallmann

r.saqib81

Dec 24, 2016
My Xperia Sp won't turn on After flashing rom

hi, as i mentioned above my xsp won't turn on after flashing latest cm rom. what i do? well i am explaining about that my phone bootloader status says no. mean that i can't unlock my bootloader. then i find an forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2649923 to flash custom recovery on locked bootloader. i flash perfectly and all the recoveries works fine cmw,twrp but after flashing rom cm my phone does not response anymore, flashing process shows that it flash successfully. please help me to save my phone that how can i solve this. XPERIA SP C5306 JB 4.3

XSPuser

Aug 12, 2016
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/help/navigation-bar-transparent-t3389406

You're right, it's a Nova problem. Have you tried the solution that's mentioned in the thread I linked?

If this doesn't work, I think you should search XDA for Nova navbar transparent or ask the guys who code Nova Launcher. I'm pretty sure it's not really a device specific problem.

PS: If it wasn't Christmas soon, I would have given you a lmgtfy link :p

Yeah! It was Nova launcher causing the prob. Navigation bar was actually mentioned as notification bar. So I didn't check it. Thanks for the link. Happy christmas :)

If I understood well, you have a locked bootloader on your xsp that cannot be unlocked. You installed recoveries in stock rom and flash cm14.1, right ?
If so... you probably have a nice xperia sp brick. Installing recoveries does not mean you can flash a custom rom for unlocked bootloader...
Search in Q&A for "bricked" to see if there is a solution.

hi, as i mentioned above my xsp won't turn on after flashing latest cm rom. what i do? well i am explaining about that my phone bootloader status says no. mean that i can't unlock my bootloader. then i find an forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2649923 to flash custom recovery on locked bootloader. i flash perfectly and all the recoveries works fine cmw,twrp but after flashing rom cm my phone does not response anymore, flashing process shows that it flash successfully. please help me to save my phone that how can i solve this. XPERIA SP C5306 JB 4.3

Xcpro

Aug 7, 2015
Verona
Hi good people. I'm desperate...after flashing recovery of this ROM (cyano page), and make a full wipe, all others recoveries are gone, with this one alla things i try to flash (ubl, lbl ROM, Every kernel and recovery I have found for our phone) give me an error and block the recovery. Every time I've to force power off. Flashtool don't recognize my phone any more. Update driver not solve this hell. Please help me.
Every combination of recovery button go to this weird recovery. My internal memory is'nt recognized. Only External. Is mean that she is burned?
p.s. I come from stryflex MM

Last edited:

I_am_Blackford

Mar 17, 2014
Lagos
Hi good people. I'm desperate...after flashing recovery of this ROM (cyano page), and make a full wipe, all others recoveries are gone, with this one alla things i try to flash (ubl, lbl ROM, Every kernel and recovery I have found for our phone) give me an error and block the recovery. Every time I've to force power off. Flashtool don't recognize my phone any more. Update driver not solve this hell. Please help me.
Every combination of recovery button go to this weird recovery. My internal memory is'nt recognized. Only External. Is mean that she is burned?
p.s. I come from stryflex MM

Even if you connect it in fastboot mode? It's meant to show up on flashtool... Maybe you should downgrade the software version... If you can connect it in fastboot, you should be able to flash the TWRP img.

A word of warning to subsequent users: There's no need fastbooting CM's recovery image except you want to lose TWRP recovery or revert back to stock ROM.

Xcpro

Aug 7, 2015
Verona
Even if you connect it in fastboot mode? It's meant to show up on flashtool... Maybe you should downgrade the software version... If you can connect it in fastboot, you should be able to flash the TWRP img.

A word of warning to subsequent users: There's no need fastbooting CM's recovery image except you want to lose TWRP recovery or revert back to stock ROM.
All flashing from pc are'nt working because SP is'nt recognized...[emoji26]

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA-Developers mobile app

I_am_Blackford

Mar 17, 2014
Lagos
All flashing from pc are'nt working because SP is'nt recognized...[emoji26]

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA-Developers mobile app

Adb can't recognize it as well? In that case I don't think there's any solution. If you can use adb, try http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=879701 and http://www.createweb.be/?p=1085 to give you an idea of how to proceed.

Just to be certain, make sure you've checked the volume+ and volume- button to be sure there's no TWRP installed and also try some other person's PC to be sure it's not your own PC not being able to read the device.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xcpro

Xcpro

Aug 7, 2015
Verona
Adb can't recognize it as well? In that case I don't think there's any solution. If you can use adb, try http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=879701 and http://www.createweb.be/?p=1085 to give you an idea of how to proceed.

Just to be certain, make sure you've checked the volume+ and volume- button to be sure there's no TWRP installed and also try some other person's PC to be sure it's not your own PC not being able to read the device.
Solved...after the fifth cable I try. Was cable problem [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji36]. Original was gone time ago for a "child" problem. PortaPow cable for rapid charge working fine...

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About this Q&A thread for CyanogenMod 14.1
    Use this area to ask anything you want related to CM-14.1,
    but try not to spam everyone, always search for an answer before.

General Questions & Answers
    Is root access included into CM ?
    Yes. Go into Settings, About Phone. Tap "Build number" 7 times.
    Go back, open Developer options. Change "Root access" option.
    Do not use SuperSU unless you are sure, creates booting issues.
    Read more about it : Here.

Is the ROM suited for daily usage ? Google Apps compatible too ?
    Yes completely. Nightlies and OpenGApps recommended.​

Can I flash CyanogenMod NIGHTLY and UNOFFICIAL without wipes ?
    Yes you should be able to.​

Phone and telephony apps crash after updates ?
    Due to the databases upgrades to support CM-13.0 -> CM-14.1 migrations,
    the telephony databases may require to be deleted and rebuilt during the CM-14.1 bringup.

Backup your relevant phone data (SMS, Calls, ...), delete the following paths and reboot
    Code:
    /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony
    /data/user_de/0/com.android.providers.telephony
    /data/misc/profiles/cur/0/com.android.providers.telephony
    /data/misc/profiles/ref/com.android.providers.telephony

Is the device encryption supported ?
    State unknown. If you're coming from an older ROM
    please read the details here : a07afb9660a86f702066003b8e81ab63789d1660

When USB connected to a computer, I can't access the storage ?
    The phone is in charge-only mode by default on Nougat,
    due to a stronger security logic regarding unauthorised data access.
    Swipe down the notifications and change the USB mode.​

I can't access the ROM's recovery with Volume-
    You can either flash the boot.img from the newer Releases with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or FlashTool,
    or follow the instructions of the TWRP Recovery installation to update from TWRP.​

Against advices, I upgraded without GApps and now it crashes. Any way without factory reset ?
    Yes there is, but nothing assures you'll manage to do it fully & preserve all your data...
    Once booted, keep saying Ok to all "Unfortunately, ... has stopped",
    pull-down the notifications panel, press the Settings icon,
    go in Apps, menu, Show System, scroll to Setup Wizard (green Android logo),
    Permissions, and activate Contacts + Telephone.
    Later, some Play Store apps may need reinstalling.
    If not ok, try this : CM Wiki
    If still not, then I advise a clean factory-reset reinstallation...​

The AOSP Keyboard does not support swipe gestures ?
    Unfortunately the sources for swipe gestures are not available
    and Google still requires their prebuilt library to be there for AOSP Keyboard.
    Download the following libjni_latinimegoogle.so API 23 from OpenGApps
    and push it to /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so.​
    I'll release a new version of MultiROM in the coming days with support for Android 7.1 developer settings.
    In my opinion, this rom (and all off customs rom) doesnt stable. im trying nightly versions and phone freezing after about one day passes. 4.3 stock rom better than. There is a big effort and thank you for this but situation is clear. We also have to accept that our phone is old :)
    I'd like to disagree, and take my word for it considering I'm using a OnePlus 3. I tried one of the very first builds of nougat on my SP and I still found it stable. Despite its dated hardware, I do believe that it is one of the best performing devices in that spec range.
    If you have issues with freezing, I'd advise you to look into observing what apps are hogging precious resources that could possibly be slowing the device down. Most of us here use apps like Greenify to hibernate apps to ensure a smooth experience and get a better battery life as well.
    In comparison to stock, this ROM is miles ahead when it comes to security and stability in my opinion and I'd strongly advise you give it another shot. But it all boils down to what you want to do.

Best of luck :)
    Sorry repeated question..

Can i flash this cm14.1 over cm13?

Not sure yet, we have not finished the upgrade paths for the moment but it's being looked at.
    Make a backup and try, at worse do a clean install.
    Hi, I have first impressions of CM14.1 after upgrading from CM13.
    Everything seems to work fine, but few missing features or problems.

1. Settings for status bar icon, especially battery icon setting not work, still the same bar icon with number inside.
    2. AOSP keyboard and swipe method not work
    3. If I want sent a bug report with CM bug report, I recieve message with server latency problem.
    4. In quick tiles icons editing is missing NFC icon also in status bar setting, there is no NFC icon to enable.
    5. I am missing function - Directly Show Pattern instead of swipe to unlock and then pattern or PIN.
    6. Also as it was mentione, high sensitivity option is not available.

Mainly rom is smoother than CM 13 without full wipe, RAM managment better.