[Q&A][ROM][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia SP

Search This thread

ozlacab

May 24, 2015
First time I see this.
> Looks like an hardware fault, or a kernel fault (unlikely) or an Android random issue due to failed upgrades or such.

I invite you to :
- Boot to TWRP (V+), does USB work ?
- Boot a Linux Live USB (Mint, Ubuntu, ..., as you wish) and see if the device works fine from a good OS :D.
- Try a clean installation of the ROM

-Booting to TWRP and connecting USB does not also work, shows the same notification like this
yLJsmfe.png

and on device manager it shows like this
eZnMd04.png

-Booting in Linux = downloading as of the moment
-Trying a clean install of LOS 14.1 = backing up files as of the moment

By the way from CM 13.0 i first dirty flashed the "lineage-14.1-20170129-OFFICIAL-MIGRATION-huashan-signed" then dirty flashed "lineage-14.1-20170620-nightly-huashan-signed"

Last edited:

dvrohan04

Dec 9, 2016
Guyzz!!! How to update when u get an update in the OTA update section??? Flashing using twrp or let the OTA updater do this job???

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

emcom

Oct 23, 2012
Some bugs spotted - where and how to report them ?

Hi again Adrian DC,

After few days I have spotted two problems :

- the switch for "Gloves mode" is reversed - it turns on "Gloves mode" actually when set to off,
- the "Pick-up" gesture on locked screen does not always work, it is working most often just exactly one time after display is off, but then stops.
But it is working every time when I listen to Spotify - every time I pick up the phone, I get the notifiction from Spotify with music controls displayed on screen.

Actually, third one most noticeable for me is the one where you can't set own colours for notifications from Phone (i.e. red LED for missed call) - every time it displays the notification in automatic colour.

Last edited:

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io
Hi again Adrian DC,

After few days I have spotted two problems :

- the switch for "Gloves mode" is reversed - it turns on "Gloves mode" actually when set to off,
- the "Pick-up" gesture on locked screen does not always work, it is working most often just exactly one time after display is off, but then stops.
But it is working every time when I listen to Spotify - every time I pick up the phone, I get the notifiction from Spotify with music controls displayed on screen.

Actually, third one most noticeable for me is the one where you can't set own colours for notifications from Phone (i.e. red LED for missed call) - every time it displays the notification in automatic colour.

- I don't see why you would report that, it works as it should and activating it properly sets the needed configuration on hardware

- Pick-up gesture is normal, if it's face-up, the proximity sensor doesn't play a role (knowing proximity can send an interruption event and can't fail an detection, hence only the accelerometer and magnetometer take action for the pick-up gesture. Both these sensors are data streams and not interruptions.

> Therefore it is not not awake all the time, otherwise your device would never sleep and use a lot of power. The sensor is active when the device was awake, when the device just showed a doze notification (usually the ambient display gestures usage situation) or ponctually between sleeps / wakes.

- Not specific to the device, but reported 1-2 times already. Will check that when possible.

emcom

Oct 23, 2012
- I don't see why you would report that, it works as it should and activating it properly sets the needed configuration on hardware

- Pick-up gesture is normal, if it's face-up, the proximity sensor doesn't play a role (knowing proximity can send an interruption event and can't fail an detection, hence only the accelerometer and magnetometer take action for the pick-up gesture. Both these sensors are data streams and not interruptions.

> Therefore it is not not awake all the time, otherwise your device would never sleep and use a lot of power. The sensor is active when the device was awake, when the device just showed a doze notification (usually the ambient display gestures usage situation) or ponctually between sleeps / wakes.

- Not specific to the device, but reported 1-2 times already. Will check that when possible.

Thanks for the explanation ! I had no idea that - in this case- it actually depends on hardware ability to generate interrupts. Now I'm a little bit wiser ;)

But I still don't get how the switch for "High touch sensitivity" is working correctly - right now, when it's set to off (so I understand, the high touch sensitivity is also off) - I can operate the phone even not touching the screen. So I get "High sensitivity" with the switch off. Shouldn't it be reversed ? So that I get "High sensitivity" when I set the switch to "ON" ?

Or maybe it's just my phone that interpretes this switch opposite to its setting ?
I'm sorry for asking the same question again, but I'm trying to understand all those usage scenarios. And I think there might be a few other people that will benefit from your explanations :)

Reactions: eric.ger.01

Jadimo

Dec 31, 2014
Hello,
while testing the music pulse feature (which is great by the way :) ) I've run into problems with fm radio. The inbuilt app just crashes after start, and Spiritf app says "This device may need a kernel with a working FM driver". If i remember correctly fm radio worked on earlier nougat builds. I'm running 07.19-nightly.
Thanks for continuous support for this phone :)

Attachments

• fmlog.txt
    39.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

djjarvis

Apr 20, 2014
native: Increase ART heap limit to 192MB for 1024MB RAM devices

Running the 23/08/2017 nightly, RAM used by system after bootup (and leaving a few mins to settle) is over 500Mb, whereas on 02/08/2017 and prior it was around 330Mb.

On the older builds the phone was a lot more usable but with the latest it really struggles. Switch between two apps takes almost 10 secs at times with the app being switched to invariably redrawing or restarting.

Any chance the above change is responsible?

eric.ger.01

Jun 3, 2014
Running the 23/08/2017 nightly, RAM used by system after bootup (and leaving a few mins to settle) is over 500Mb, whereas on 02/08/2017 and prior it was around 330Mb.

On the older builds the phone was a lot more usable but with the latest it really struggles. Switch between two apps takes almost 10 secs at times with the app being switched to invariably redrawing or restarting.

Any chance the above change is responsible?
Same problem i have with AICP N builds, system ram usage is around 500MB and over time it gets higher (leading to 600MB after a day on)

Jaideep602

Nov 15, 2014
Hello,
I have rooted my xperia sp and unlocked the bootloader. When i try to flash lineage OS through recovery its giving me Status 7 error and showing target of lineage OS for C5303 but i have C5302 model. I have downloaded latest Lineage OS from official website.
Sorry if this is a naive question. Any help is appreciated.

todonormal

Jun 3, 2011
Montebello, Antioquia
Hi. I need know if MHL to HDMI work on LineageOS for a projector. I found these two video, for example

Note:
A. I don't have mhl to hdmi adapter
B. I use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wikimediacom.MHLChecker&hl=es_419 and found "the mobile can support mhl (hdmi)"
C. I use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.com.muhammetlutfiozen.xperiaservicemenu&hl=es_419 but i cann't service menu option
I found this other app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thunderboltsoft.xperiaservicemenu&hl=es_419 but not it's possible install... (for last video configuration)
D. I found this app but i don't testing: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2766268

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About this Q&A thread for LineageOS
    Use this area to ask anything you want related to LineageOS,
    but try not to spam everyone, always search for an answer before.

LineageOS 14.1 for Sony Xperia Huashan

General Questions & Answers
    Is root access included into LineageOS ?
    No longer included by default to improve user security.

An addon is shared to add SuperUser features : https://download.lineageos.org/extras.
    It will survive to updates the same way GApps do.

Go into Settings, About Phone. Tap "Build number" 7 times.
    Go back, open Developer options. Change "Root access" option.

Do not use SuperSU unless you are sure, creates booting issues.
    Read more about it : Here.

Is the ROM suited for daily usage ? Google Apps compatible too ?
    Yes but work in progress. OpenGApps recommended.​

Can I flash LineageOS on official and development builds, or even on CM without wipes ?
    Migrations from unofficial to official, and from CM builds, are allowed with an experimental migration.
    Read more about it here : http://lineageos.org/Update-and-Build-Prep/

Always remember to do backups before doing such changes.​

Is the device encryption supported ?
    State unknown. If you're coming from an older ROM
    please read the details here : a07afb9660a86f702066003b8e81ab63789d1660

When USB connected to a computer, I can't access the storage ?
    The phone is in charge-only mode by default on Nougat,
    due to a stronger security logic regarding unauthorised data access.
    Swipe down the notifications and change the USB mode.​

I can't access the ROM's recovery with Volume-
    You can either flash the boot.img from the newer Releases with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or FlashTool,
    or follow the instructions of the TWRP Recovery installation to update from TWRP.​

Against advice, I upgraded without GApps and now it crashes. Any way without factory reset ?
    Yes there is, but nothing assures you'll manage to do it fully & preserve all your data...
    Once booted, keep saying Ok to all "Unfortunately, ... has stopped",
    pull-down the notifications panel, press the Settings icon,
    go in Apps, menu, Show System, scroll to Setup Wizard (green Android logo),
    Permissions, and activate Contacts + Telephone.
    Later, some Play Store apps may need reinstalling.
    If not working, then I advise a clean factory-reset reinstallation...​

The AOSP Keyboard does not support swipe gestures ?
    Unfortunately the sources for swipe gestures are not available
    and Google still requires their prebuilt library to be there for AOSP Keyboard.
    Download the following libjni_latinimegoogle.so API 23 from OpenGApps
    and push it to /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so using root access,
    or use my one-time install zips : https://mega.nz/#F!ThEAkCRa!byhSwuoTbf6lnC1JxgKrig.​
    Why is LineageOS so much bigger in size than AOSP?

AOSP: ~280MiB
    LOS: ~400MiB

LineageOS 377MB against AOSP 283MB.

I invite you to compare these :
    In this rom shall
    Fm transmitter?

No. QCOM abandoned the support of FM Transmitter in the Audio HAL since Marshmallow.
    Is there any reason why you recommend the micro/pico packages? I am thinking to flash the stock package and I see that replaces a lot of stock/AOSP apps. Will that cause any problems with the ROM?

System partition is not big enough on older devices to support ROM and full gapps packages.
    Pointless anyways as most apps can be added from the Play Store.
    After upgrading from Lollipop (then maintained by Marcelo) to Marshmallow to Nougat without doing a single full wipe (at least I don't remember doing one), my device began to drain the battery a lot.

Yeah, sometimes you should do a full wipe. Now everything's back to normal after flashing "from scratch"!

Nevertheless, I've seen no rom ever that could handle that much upgrades without wiping. Great! :good:

Titanium backup and Syncthing have been my best friends while doing this.
    Remember to reinstall Syncthing from scratch and don't restore it via Titanium Backup. Doing otherwise would delete all your files on the Server.
    OwnCloud is also great for this.
    Never had to think about backups, never will have to think about backups ;)