adriandc.github.io
Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

About this Q&A thread for LineageOS
Use this area to ask anything you want related to LineageOS,
but try not to spam everyone, always search for an answer before.

LineageOS 14.1 for Sony Xperia Blue

General Questions & Answers
Is root access included into LineageOS ?
No longer included by default to improve user security.

An addon is shared to add SuperUser features : https://download.lineageos.org/extras.
It will survive to updates the same way GApps do.

Go into Settings, About Phone. Tap "Build number" 7 times.
Go back, open Developer options. Change "Root access" option.

Do not use SuperSU unless you are sure, creates booting issues.
Read more about it : Here.

Is the ROM suited for daily usage ? Google Apps compatible too ?
Yes but work in progress. OpenGApps recommended.​

Can I flash LineageOS on official and development builds, or even on CM without wipes ?
Migrations from unofficial to official, and from CM builds, are allowed with an experimental migration.
Read more about it here : http://lineageos.org/Update-and-Build-Prep/

Always remember to do backups before doing such changes.​

Is the device encryption supported ?
State unknown. If you're coming from an older ROM
please read the details here : a07afb9660a86f702066003b8e81ab63789d1660

When USB connected to a computer, I can't access the storage ?
The phone is in charge-only mode by default on Nougat,
due to a stronger security logic regarding unauthorised data access.
Swipe down the notifications and change the USB mode.​

I can't access the ROM's recovery with Volume-
You can either flash the boot.img from the newer Releases with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or FlashTool,
or follow the instructions of the TWRP Recovery installation to update from TWRP.​

Due to an unknown issue in data, the partition still looks like a 2GB
Although very unlikely, it may be possible that your data had an error
that could not be fixed automatically by the time you did the UserData Unification.
Read the ROM instructions and check downloads links on the device's LineageOS Wiki page.
Export the resize_userdata.zip from the unify_userdata zip (from UserData Unification),
and flash it from your recovery. If it works, problem solved.​

Against advice, I upgraded without GApps and now it crashes. Any way without factory reset ?
Yes there is, but nothing assures you'll manage to do it fully & preserve all your data...
Once booted, keep saying Ok to all "Unfortunately, ... has stopped",
pull-down the notifications panel, press the Settings icon,
go in Apps, menu, Show System, scroll to Setup Wizard (green Android logo),
Permissions, and activate Contacts + Telephone.
Later, some Play Store apps may need reinstalling.
If not working, then I advise a clean factory-reset reinstallation...​

About the battery failure on the Xperia T
If you experience battery issues, please read this : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70640214&postcount=8

The AOSP Keyboard does not support swipe gestures ?
Unfortunately the sources for swipe gestures are not available
and Google still requires their prebuilt library to be there for AOSP Keyboard.
Download the following libjni_latinimegoogle.so API 23 from OpenGApps
and push it to /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so using root access,
or use my one-time install zips : https://mega.nz/#F!ThEAkCRa!byhSwuoTbf6lnC1JxgKrig.​

Last edited:

jkristof94

Aug 20, 2015
First of all, a HUGE thank you for your work! Your ROM builds for the Xperia T brought my phone back to life, better than before. Now, I have installed the latest version of LineageOS 14.1, but I am experiencing a small problem. The ROM flashes TWRP 2.8.5 if I recall correctly, but that version does not have an F2FS option for file system. Can you please upgrade the TWRP to the newest version or skip flashing of recovery partition? Also, the TWRP in the AOSP build seems to play better with the device recognizing that Unified UserSpace thing Sony did to the Xperia T. My other problem is, that when I flash the LineageOS ROM, even though I formatted the /system and /cache partitions to F2FS with TWRP 3.0.2.0 after flashing the ROM, the /system partition reverts back to Ext4. Can you convert the ROM to have full F2FS support, maybe even including /data partition?

Reactions: mihaichivum

jkristof94

Aug 20, 2015
Also, does anyone have a problem, where you can make and receive calls, use Data connection but can not import contacts from SIM card? The contacts app and various SIM managers find 0 contacts on SIM card.

ScethN

Feb 7, 2014
Your ROM is so awesome, thanks for this. But I see that Root Access options in my Developer Options include only "Disabled" and "ADB only", "App and ADB" option is missing. Can I ask you that this missing option is missing because of your setup ? And can I use your BootBridge to flash SuperSU for this ROM ?

default_user8

Aug 9, 2008
First off thanks Adrian DC for keeping the Xperia T relevant! When I first hear that CM was going offline I immediately started looking for another phone, but I was elated to find out you had decided to work on Lineage OS. I flashed the latest ROM 2 nights ago and I can say that this update is much more quicker and stable for me at least than the last CM 14.1 that I was running from the Christmas night upload. I did notice the Root issue and am not concerned about that right now. The one thing I am concerned with is that I seem to be running through some battery. Is anyone else seeing this issue, my battery life is terrible right now. Thanks again for the great work!!

Reactions: AdrianDC

AdrianDC

Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2009
Île-de-France
adriandc.github.io
About battery failures and instant power-offs

Here's a small report about the Xperia T battery failure that I also experienced :

As a few of you reported already, it is quite known that the Xperia T
has a battery that does not survive nicely to years of heavy usage.

Released and sold in 2012, the Xperia T has an inbuilt battery that is not meant to be replaced,
the model is a 3.7V 1780mAh 6.6Wh battery with integrated controller and 3 pins clip plug.

The issues seen when the battery is about to die are random battery drops during reboots
(20+% disappear randomly, reappear later sometimes), below 15% the device goes off fast,
and recharging the device with a wall charger goes high quite (too) fast.

When the battery is truly dead, the device powers off randomly under heavy usage,
for example while taking a picture and the autofocus starts moving or using an USB drive.
Random power-offs also occur while using the device a lot like charging + GPS and such.

The biggest issue is that under a very low level of battery depletion, the device won't power on anymore
even if plugged to offline charge it, only 3 red lights will flash and the device will never boot again.

A solution I found to work multiple times with that situation is to open the device's back (really easy on the T),
unplug the battery plug, connect the USB cable from a wall charger, wait 1-2 seconds,
then directly replug the battery in place to see the device boot in offline charger.
Then leave the phone charge to 100% without interaction.

Small unsure side-effect, after 2 weeks of these mentioned issues, I stopped reviving it,
and ordered a new battery, but the MicroSD was fried. Likely related to the failure but no proof.

About replacing the battery on the Xperia T :

I ordered a "brand" new battery for the Xperia T, the goal is to absolutely avoid fake copies
and try to find a battery identical and original from Sony, otherwise results are unknown.

I bought my battery for 9€ therefore it stays a decent revival of a device that runs properly.

Replacing the battery involves removing the main motherboard flex that goes over the battery,
slightly bend it away from the battery without harming the triple flex plugs on the base of the battery.

Then removing the battery with a bank card takes some work but goes fine with patience.
Harming the flex at the base has to be avoided at all costs, battery can be removed slowly
with an angle to avoid unplugging the flex or touching it in any way.

Boot the battery with my technique and let it charge to 100%.
Then rebuild the device, it should be back to normal usable status.

Posted this as small hints for those experiencing the Xperia T battery issues.

Last edited:

theunlucky

Apr 15, 2015
Schaffhausen
Hi, think my problem fits better in here than in the XT-LineageOS-thread:
Since upgrading to LineageOS14.1 (29.1.17) I can't access the external SD-Card; Lineage-FileManager tells me to try it with root-rights (yea...)
Pretty sure it must be one little "Switch" to trigger, but I have no idea... Thanks for any hints
----------
As for the Battery-Issue:
I had that one several times, but no need to replace it:
First time I encountered it, I installed PacmanROM (think based on Android 5; nothing to loose when the battery is dying, right?) - battery worked well again, for another year - then showed the same "drop to 20% and gone"-symptoms; to revive, I installed CM12 - solved the problem; again one year later (last summer), again the battery... Installed CM13 (thanks Adrian ;) - solved the problem again.
(...thinking about it, maybe I installed CM14.1 too early? ;) ) Everytime, the XT had its old "run-time" (of about 4 days) back it had when first activating it in 2012; before upgrading, the battery hardly lasted one day...

I always made a clean-install including TWRP-upgrades... Maybe a change to a higher version triggers a setting in/for the battery? (eg. "planned obsolency")

---------
Edit:
took a shortcut with the SD-Card; as I could access it via USB I copied all data from it, inserted it back to the XT and initialized it (as external). With the newly possible access, I copied the files back. Seems to be working...

Last edited:

ArmW

Feb 1, 2017
Have a problem with Wi-Fi on Xperia T (mint)
Status bar and settings say "connected, no internet", PlayStore "Check your connection an try again", so I can't install an application.
But Browser is working fine, searching for updates in "About Phone" too, means I have internet.
Have official Lineage Nightly 31st january.
I have already installed it for three times and tried another Wi-Fi, but doesn't work.

Last edited:

Dn.Thanujaya91

Sep 2, 2014
Panadura
Have a problem with Wi-Fi on Xperia T (mint)
Status bar and settings say "connected, no internet", PlayStore "Check your connection an try again", so I can't install an application.
But Browser is working fine, searching for updates in "About Phone" too, means I have internet.
Have official Lineage Nightly 31st january.
I have already installed it for three times and tried another Wi-Fi, but doesn't work.
Seems like your phone can't connect to the preferred DNS server at the moment.
try changing that.

farooq666

Nov 17, 2012
Camera touch focus not working

I recently installed latest build of Lineage OS for xperia Tx. Touch focus for default lineage camera is not working. I am not sure if it is my phone or the lineage os?

jkristof94

Aug 20, 2015
I recently installed latest build of Lineage OS for xperia Tx. Touch focus for default lineage camera is not working. I am not sure if it is my phone or the lineage os?

It was missing for me too, reverting back to the lineage-14.1-20161231-UNOFFICIAL-mint build fixed it, but it did not fix my issue with the SIM contacts :( Did you try the builds from the official Lineage OS website? :)

DanielZRK

Jan 4, 2013
La Victoria
twitter.com
What about battery life in TX? I'm planning switch back to Xperia T or TX cuz by now I'm using a Moto E 2nd Gen LTE and it doesn't work with the 3G/4G band of my carrier and Moto E's cameras sucks

Btw I saw that in Amazon (See attachment)

As far I'm concerned change the battery of T is a pain in the ass, So is better try again with a TX, isn't it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 80

Dn.Thanujaya91

Sep 2, 2014
Panadura

It was missing for me too, reverting back to the lineage-14.1-20161231-UNOFFICIAL-mint build fixed it, but it did not fix my issue with the SIM contacts :( Did you try the builds from the official Lineage OS website? :)
It's works in '20170214' build

Komapatient

Oct 8, 2014
Hi,

I am experiencing recently SoDs again.
I am using a Xperia V (tsubasa) just as a music player.
So only pure LinOS 14.1 without GApps.
It happens always during the night and if it is not charged.
Last night the battery was below 20% when it happened. The other times before I did not pay attention to the battery.
Battery was chenged in 10/2017 and was a new one.
Also I must say the RAM usage is very high. The Android system alone consumes 325MB. But I am not sure if it is related to the SoD.

default_user8

Aug 9, 2008
AdrianDC,
Is there a way to extract the cast feature from the ROM and install it on other devices? Cast in Lineage OS is awesome and works flawlessly, and Samsucks screen mirroring doesn't even work on my same brand TV from my tablet, but Cast works every time.

xperanto

Jan 22, 2017
Gallery shows images twice

After upgrading to lineage-14.1-20170310 (Xperia V), every Gallery-App (Stock, Gallery from F-droid) or Apps with access to images are showing every image twice. Properties of the "gemini-images" will show different paths,

i.e.
/sdcard/Pictures
/storage/emulated/0/Pictures

or

/sdcard/Download
/storage/emulated/0/Download

Has anyone else encountered this issue, too?

lobotron

Jan 21, 2017
unifying the user data trouble guide

I wrote this in the hope this will soon be obsolete. I never succeeded installing lineageOS the official way. I had reproducible errors unifying the user data. I also hard bricked a Xperia V. I wrote a workaround step by step guide which will hopefully work not just for me. I know it sounds a bit crazy but as I did it quiet often and always succeeded by miracle, I wanted to find a reliable way. Everybody interested in the trouble which happens sometimes see attached recovery logs. This guides logs are in the folder UnifySucess. To find the interesting part search for mmcblk0p14. Perhaps it's also useful for diagnostics.

this is made on XPERIA V, if you want to follow this guide for another model you have to replace the files with tsubasa in its name.
EDIT: this is obsolete now
files used:
twrp-3.0.3-20170224-boot-tsubasa.img
recovery-13.0-20161221-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO3Y8-tsubasa.img
lineage-14.1-20170303-nightly-tsubasa-signed.zip
unify_userdata-20170128.zip
restore_sdcard-20170128.zip
cleaner-fota-tsubasa.zip

coming from stock

fastboot flash boot twrp-3.0.3-20170224-boot-tsubasa.img
fastboot reboot

in TWRP
wipe System, Cache, Data, Legacy SD

flash unify_userdata-20170128.zip twice
if there is a failure ignore & flash lineage-14.1-20170303-nightly-tsubasa-signed.zip , gapps (optional)
reboot system ( not sure if necessary )
look into settings if storage is OK, you are done if not reboot bootloader

fastboot reboot

in TWRP
flash restore_sdcard-20170128.zip twice
reboot to bootloader

fastboot flash boot recovery-13.0-20161221-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO3Y8-tsubasa.img
fastboot reboot

in CWM
full factory reset
flash unify_userdata-20170128.zip twice
reboot to bootloader
fastboot reboot

in TWRP
Internal Storage should now be bigger than 2GB, if so
flash lineage-14.1-20170303-nightly-tsubasa-signed.zip , twrp-3.0.3-20170224-fota-tsubasa.zip, gapps (optional)

If you are stuck and already installed the twrp-fota-tsubasa.zip there is a tool from AdrianDC to remove TWRP called cleaner-fota-tsubasa.zip

this is written in the hope to be useful, I'm not responsible for any failures.

Attachments

• recoveryLogs.zip
    87.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

lobotron

Jan 21, 2017
guide update

I tried once with TWRP 3.1.0-0 and it did the trick - not initial but instead of CWM.
I am happily hoping not to need the recovery-13.0-20161221 and the cleaner-fota anymore.

@xperanto: I took a short look into the gallery after a clean install and there were no doubles

Attachments

• twrpStock.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About this Q&A thread for LineageOS
    Use this area to ask anything you want related to LineageOS,
    but try not to spam everyone, always search for an answer before.

LineageOS 14.1 for Sony Xperia Blue

General Questions & Answers
    Is root access included into LineageOS ?
    No longer included by default to improve user security.

An addon is shared to add SuperUser features : https://download.lineageos.org/extras.
    It will survive to updates the same way GApps do.

Go into Settings, About Phone. Tap "Build number" 7 times.
    Go back, open Developer options. Change "Root access" option.

Do not use SuperSU unless you are sure, creates booting issues.
    Read more about it : Here.

Is the ROM suited for daily usage ? Google Apps compatible too ?
    Yes but work in progress. OpenGApps recommended.​

Can I flash LineageOS on official and development builds, or even on CM without wipes ?
    Migrations from unofficial to official, and from CM builds, are allowed with an experimental migration.
    Read more about it here : http://lineageos.org/Update-and-Build-Prep/

Always remember to do backups before doing such changes.​

Is the device encryption supported ?
    State unknown. If you're coming from an older ROM
    please read the details here : a07afb9660a86f702066003b8e81ab63789d1660

When USB connected to a computer, I can't access the storage ?
    The phone is in charge-only mode by default on Nougat,
    due to a stronger security logic regarding unauthorised data access.
    Swipe down the notifications and change the USB mode.​

I can't access the ROM's recovery with Volume-
    You can either flash the boot.img from the newer Releases with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or FlashTool,
    or follow the instructions of the TWRP Recovery installation to update from TWRP.​

Due to an unknown issue in data, the partition still looks like a 2GB
    Although very unlikely, it may be possible that your data had an error
    that could not be fixed automatically by the time you did the UserData Unification.
    Read the ROM instructions and check downloads links on the device's LineageOS Wiki page.
    Export the resize_userdata.zip from the unify_userdata zip (from UserData Unification),
    and flash it from your recovery. If it works, problem solved.​

Against advice, I upgraded without GApps and now it crashes. Any way without factory reset ?
    Yes there is, but nothing assures you'll manage to do it fully & preserve all your data...
    Once booted, keep saying Ok to all "Unfortunately, ... has stopped",
    pull-down the notifications panel, press the Settings icon,
    go in Apps, menu, Show System, scroll to Setup Wizard (green Android logo),
    Permissions, and activate Contacts + Telephone.
    Later, some Play Store apps may need reinstalling.
    If not working, then I advise a clean factory-reset reinstallation...​

About the battery failure on the Xperia T
    If you experience battery issues, please read this : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70640214&postcount=8

The AOSP Keyboard does not support swipe gestures ?
    Unfortunately the sources for swipe gestures are not available
    and Google still requires their prebuilt library to be there for AOSP Keyboard.
    Download the following libjni_latinimegoogle.so API 23 from OpenGApps
    and push it to /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so using root access,
    or use my one-time install zips : https://mega.nz/#F!ThEAkCRa!byhSwuoTbf6lnC1JxgKrig.​
    About battery failures and instant power-offs

Here's a small report about the Xperia T battery failure that I also experienced :

As a few of you reported already, it is quite known that the Xperia T
    has a battery that does not survive nicely to years of heavy usage.

Released and sold in 2012, the Xperia T has an inbuilt battery that is not meant to be replaced,
    the model is a 3.7V 1780mAh 6.6Wh battery with integrated controller and 3 pins clip plug.

The issues seen when the battery is about to die are random battery drops during reboots
    (20+% disappear randomly, reappear later sometimes), below 15% the device goes off fast,
    and recharging the device with a wall charger goes high quite (too) fast.

When the battery is truly dead, the device powers off randomly under heavy usage,
    for example while taking a picture and the autofocus starts moving or using an USB drive.
    Random power-offs also occur while using the device a lot like charging + GPS and such.

The biggest issue is that under a very low level of battery depletion, the device won't power on anymore
    even if plugged to offline charge it, only 3 red lights will flash and the device will never boot again.

A solution I found to work multiple times with that situation is to open the device's back (really easy on the T),
    unplug the battery plug, connect the USB cable from a wall charger, wait 1-2 seconds,
    then directly replug the battery in place to see the device boot in offline charger.
    Then leave the phone charge to 100% without interaction.

Small unsure side-effect, after 2 weeks of these mentioned issues, I stopped reviving it,
    and ordered a new battery, but the MicroSD was fried. Likely related to the failure but no proof.

About replacing the battery on the Xperia T :

I ordered a "brand" new battery for the Xperia T, the goal is to absolutely avoid fake copies
    and try to find a battery identical and original from Sony, otherwise results are unknown.

I bought my battery for 9€ therefore it stays a decent revival of a device that runs properly.

Replacing the battery involves removing the main motherboard flex that goes over the battery,
    slightly bend it away from the battery without harming the triple flex plugs on the base of the battery.

Then removing the battery with a bank card takes some work but goes fine with patience.
    Harming the flex at the base has to be avoided at all costs, battery can be removed slowly
    with an angle to avoid unplugging the flex or touching it in any way.

Boot the battery with my technique and let it charge to 100%.
    Then rebuild the device, it should be back to normal usable status.

Posted this as small hints for those experiencing the Xperia T battery issues.
    @Adrian DC will the ROM already Support OTA?

@ all
    btw. this nice [MOD][SOUND][CM,AOSP][6.0+]SonySoundEnhancement&ViperAudio works with this first Build (Screenshots)
    First of all, a HUGE thank you for your work! Your ROM builds for the Xperia T brought my phone back to life, better than before. Now, I have installed the latest version of LineageOS 14.1, but I am experiencing a small problem. The ROM flashes TWRP 2.8.5 if I recall correctly, but that version does not have an F2FS option for file system. Can you please upgrade the TWRP to the newest version or skip flashing of recovery partition? Also, the TWRP in the AOSP build seems to play better with the device recognizing that Unified UserSpace thing Sony did to the Xperia T. My other problem is, that when I flash the LineageOS ROM, even though I formatted the /system and /cache partitions to F2FS with TWRP 3.0.2.0 after flashing the ROM, the /system partition reverts back to Ext4. Can you convert the ROM to have full F2FS support, maybe even including /data partition?
    First off thanks Adrian DC for keeping the Xperia T relevant! When I first hear that CM was going offline I immediately started looking for another phone, but I was elated to find out you had decided to work on Lineage OS. I flashed the latest ROM 2 nights ago and I can say that this update is much more quicker and stable for me at least than the last CM 14.1 that I was running from the Christmas night upload. I did notice the Root issue and am not concerned about that right now. The one thing I am concerned with is that I seem to be running through some battery. Is anyone else seeing this issue, my battery life is terrible right now. Thanks again for the great work!!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone