[Q&A][ROM][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia T, TX, V

Search This thread

derHungrige

Oct 20, 2016
@lobotron

I tried today to download the Update in Univerity, where is a much faster internet connection, and for some reason it worked. But when the updater showed "completing" i got information: "Update download unsuccessful. Verification failed. Corrupted or unsecure download."
https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4109744&stc=1&d=1491985290

While downloading it shows the information, that der isnt much free memeroy, but it was still enough to download the file.

The Updater shows me the Version, which i have installed and the new one.
https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4109743&stc=1&d=1491985290

Yes the phone is rooted but im not that familiar with smartphone development, so what is logcat?

Attachments

• 17859158_921986761238054_2080084191_o.png
    17859158_921986761238054_2080084191_o.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 17902912_921986041238126_427731379_o.jpg
    17902912_921986041238126_427731379_o.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 155

lobotron

Jan 21, 2017
@derHungrige
as long as there does not appear an "install" button you don't have a complete file.
logcat is the name of the android logs which can be fetched by various apps, you would only need to press a button after the failure to get it.

What makes the memory to run short?

xperanto

Jan 22, 2017
It's wrong because you're trying to compile / decompile the Bootimage as if it was a regular one, except it's an ELF Bootimage.

You should look at my Bootimage editor on GitHub.

Thank you so much! Your editor and scripts worked like a charm. It took less than a minute and my custom-kernel was running.

Reactions: AdrianDC

derHungrige

Oct 20, 2016
@lobotron

Just for fun I tried it today again to install the update. And again it told me that there isn't much free memory, but not that there isn't enough for updating.
After I uninstalled some apps I startet the update again and this time it worked.
After clicking on the install button it booted into the TWRP recovery and updated los.

So the problems were, that first my internet connection wasn't fast enough and then i hadnt enough free memory, but the phone didn't told me.

Thank you very much for your help.

Reactions: lobotron

lobotron

Jan 21, 2017
@derHungrige

You are serious? It booted into the TWRP recovery and updated los, without booting back into los recovery? I know this can work with TWRP directly on other devices, my tsubasa never succeeded.

Out of curiosity would you mind typing into a terminal

Code:
cat /proc/partitions
and
Code:
df -kh

this would give an overview about the space on your device, only 1 line is interesting on each command output, it contains "mmcblk0p14"

You can activate a terminal in developer options.

derHungrige

Oct 20, 2016
@lobotron

Today I tried to update to the 20170421. After it had downloaded and i pressed update, it booted again in twrp and the update succeed.
Here are some pictures: https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4124629&stc=1&d=1493036882 ; https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4124631&stc=1&d=1493036882 ; https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4124632&stc=1&d=1493036882

When i typed it in terminal it shows me this: https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4124633&stc=1&d=1493036882

Attachments

• IMG_20170424_111224.jpg
    IMG_20170424_111224.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20170424_111230.jpg
    IMG_20170424_111230.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20170424_111402.jpg
    IMG_20170424_111402.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20170424-141716.png
    Screenshot_20170424-141716.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 120

lobotron

Jan 21, 2017
@derHungrige

so we both are in trouble, I have another mysterious error with TWRP and you haven't succeeded in unifying the user data. You should have 5,6GB in total size on mmcblk0p14, you 've got 1,9GB which is why you are short in capacity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170424-211506.png
    Screenshot_20170424-211506.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 75
Dec 31, 2016
after trying to install 17-04-21 version by lineageos "OTA" update, my phon wouldnt start , i have left it very long time but i only see the moving lineageos symbol.

i had to wipe system and flash an older version (3-31) and gapps , i wonder what went wrong. i have twrp and maybe this does not work with lineageos recovery, shall i remove twrp ?

lobotron

Jan 21, 2017
@derHungrige

Flashing the ROM doesn't help, you have to flash unify_userdata.zip which won't work, because you already did it, so you will have to revert by flashing restore_sdcard.zip and then flash unify_userdata.zip again. You will loose all data, so backup everything. You might refer to post #22

lobotron

Jan 21, 2017
@acsway878787
that's OK, but why should this help with my OTA problem, unification is OK

@den_underbaraste
I don't think removing TWRP will help, if it boots to the logo something else causes worries. Did you use an actual gapps package, older ones cause weird problems?

BertRoode

Apr 29, 2017
Recovery not working

I applied the Lineage OS version 20170414 and wanted to install the Google adds, but recovery did not function. There was no install option available. Then I updated to the nightly 20170421, but then the situation got even worse. After updating to version 20170428 the situation is exactly the same. When the phone boots into recovery I cannot select any option with the volume knob.
So an a way it looks like the phone is soft bricked now. I cannot install TWRPP recovery bcause the phone is not rooted. However the ADSONSU cannot be installed because I cannot use recovery.
SO far I could not find other software for rooting the Lineage OS 14.1 tsubasa on my phone.
When someone has a work around for this problem I would be very pleased.:good:

Dec 31, 2016
hi, i now have the 9/1 update on my LT25, but for a long time now i have hat problems with the battery stats.
i can not see the individual apps' and function's power usage, ust the text "battery usage isn't available." this error has survived 2 full wipes.

is it a common issue ? or just me

anawim

May 29, 2013
Where is resize_userdata suposed to be? And the TWRP.zip is the FOTA one or the secondary-multirom?

KubIxware

May 15, 2017
@AdrianDC :
Where did/would you buy a substitute accumulator for the Xperia T (LIS1499ERPC) ?
I am searching for an original battery, but have not found anything - realy confident - yet.
Thanks in Advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About this Q&A thread for LineageOS
    Use this area to ask anything you want related to LineageOS,
    but try not to spam everyone, always search for an answer before.

LineageOS 14.1 for Sony Xperia Blue

General Questions & Answers
    Is root access included into LineageOS ?
    No longer included by default to improve user security.

An addon is shared to add SuperUser features : https://download.lineageos.org/extras.
    It will survive to updates the same way GApps do.

Go into Settings, About Phone. Tap "Build number" 7 times.
    Go back, open Developer options. Change "Root access" option.

Do not use SuperSU unless you are sure, creates booting issues.
    Read more about it : Here.

Is the ROM suited for daily usage ? Google Apps compatible too ?
    Yes but work in progress. OpenGApps recommended.​

Can I flash LineageOS on official and development builds, or even on CM without wipes ?
    Migrations from unofficial to official, and from CM builds, are allowed with an experimental migration.
    Read more about it here : http://lineageos.org/Update-and-Build-Prep/

Always remember to do backups before doing such changes.​

Is the device encryption supported ?
    State unknown. If you're coming from an older ROM
    please read the details here : a07afb9660a86f702066003b8e81ab63789d1660

When USB connected to a computer, I can't access the storage ?
    The phone is in charge-only mode by default on Nougat,
    due to a stronger security logic regarding unauthorised data access.
    Swipe down the notifications and change the USB mode.​

I can't access the ROM's recovery with Volume-
    You can either flash the boot.img from the newer Releases with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or FlashTool,
    or follow the instructions of the TWRP Recovery installation to update from TWRP.​

Due to an unknown issue in data, the partition still looks like a 2GB
    Although very unlikely, it may be possible that your data had an error
    that could not be fixed automatically by the time you did the UserData Unification.
    Read the ROM instructions and check downloads links on the device's LineageOS Wiki page.
    Export the resize_userdata.zip from the unify_userdata zip (from UserData Unification),
    and flash it from your recovery. If it works, problem solved.​

Against advice, I upgraded without GApps and now it crashes. Any way without factory reset ?
    Yes there is, but nothing assures you'll manage to do it fully & preserve all your data...
    Once booted, keep saying Ok to all "Unfortunately, ... has stopped",
    pull-down the notifications panel, press the Settings icon,
    go in Apps, menu, Show System, scroll to Setup Wizard (green Android logo),
    Permissions, and activate Contacts + Telephone.
    Later, some Play Store apps may need reinstalling.
    If not working, then I advise a clean factory-reset reinstallation...​

About the battery failure on the Xperia T
    If you experience battery issues, please read this : https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70640214&postcount=8

The AOSP Keyboard does not support swipe gestures ?
    Unfortunately the sources for swipe gestures are not available
    and Google still requires their prebuilt library to be there for AOSP Keyboard.
    Download the following libjni_latinimegoogle.so API 23 from OpenGApps
    and push it to /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so using root access,
    or use my one-time install zips : https://mega.nz/#F!ThEAkCRa!byhSwuoTbf6lnC1JxgKrig.​
    About battery failures and instant power-offs

Here's a small report about the Xperia T battery failure that I also experienced :

As a few of you reported already, it is quite known that the Xperia T
    has a battery that does not survive nicely to years of heavy usage.

Released and sold in 2012, the Xperia T has an inbuilt battery that is not meant to be replaced,
    the model is a 3.7V 1780mAh 6.6Wh battery with integrated controller and 3 pins clip plug.

The issues seen when the battery is about to die are random battery drops during reboots
    (20+% disappear randomly, reappear later sometimes), below 15% the device goes off fast,
    and recharging the device with a wall charger goes high quite (too) fast.

When the battery is truly dead, the device powers off randomly under heavy usage,
    for example while taking a picture and the autofocus starts moving or using an USB drive.
    Random power-offs also occur while using the device a lot like charging + GPS and such.

The biggest issue is that under a very low level of battery depletion, the device won't power on anymore
    even if plugged to offline charge it, only 3 red lights will flash and the device will never boot again.

A solution I found to work multiple times with that situation is to open the device's back (really easy on the T),
    unplug the battery plug, connect the USB cable from a wall charger, wait 1-2 seconds,
    then directly replug the battery in place to see the device boot in offline charger.
    Then leave the phone charge to 100% without interaction.

Small unsure side-effect, after 2 weeks of these mentioned issues, I stopped reviving it,
    and ordered a new battery, but the MicroSD was fried. Likely related to the failure but no proof.

About replacing the battery on the Xperia T :

I ordered a "brand" new battery for the Xperia T, the goal is to absolutely avoid fake copies
    and try to find a battery identical and original from Sony, otherwise results are unknown.

I bought my battery for 9€ therefore it stays a decent revival of a device that runs properly.

Replacing the battery involves removing the main motherboard flex that goes over the battery,
    slightly bend it away from the battery without harming the triple flex plugs on the base of the battery.

Then removing the battery with a bank card takes some work but goes fine with patience.
    Harming the flex at the base has to be avoided at all costs, battery can be removed slowly
    with an angle to avoid unplugging the flex or touching it in any way.

Boot the battery with my technique and let it charge to 100%.
    Then rebuild the device, it should be back to normal usable status.

Posted this as small hints for those experiencing the Xperia T battery issues.
    @Adrian DC will the ROM already Support OTA?

@ all
    btw. this nice [MOD][SOUND][CM,AOSP][6.0+]SonySoundEnhancement&ViperAudio works with this first Build (Screenshots)
    First of all, a HUGE thank you for your work! Your ROM builds for the Xperia T brought my phone back to life, better than before. Now, I have installed the latest version of LineageOS 14.1, but I am experiencing a small problem. The ROM flashes TWRP 2.8.5 if I recall correctly, but that version does not have an F2FS option for file system. Can you please upgrade the TWRP to the newest version or skip flashing of recovery partition? Also, the TWRP in the AOSP build seems to play better with the device recognizing that Unified UserSpace thing Sony did to the Xperia T. My other problem is, that when I flash the LineageOS ROM, even though I formatted the /system and /cache partitions to F2FS with TWRP 3.0.2.0 after flashing the ROM, the /system partition reverts back to Ext4. Can you convert the ROM to have full F2FS support, maybe even including /data partition?
    First off thanks Adrian DC for keeping the Xperia T relevant! When I first hear that CM was going offline I immediately started looking for another phone, but I was elated to find out you had decided to work on Lineage OS. I flashed the latest ROM 2 nights ago and I can say that this update is much more quicker and stable for me at least than the last CM 14.1 that I was running from the Christmas night upload. I did notice the Root issue and am not concerned about that right now. The one thing I am concerned with is that I seem to be running through some battery. Is anyone else seeing this issue, my battery life is terrible right now. Thanks again for the great work!!