• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q&A] [ROM][Aug 26][XWMS3] NeatROM/Lite/ExtraLite/Full/Themed/Aroma/Mods

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][Aug 26][XWMS3] NeatROM/Lite/ExtraLite/Full/Themed/Aroma/Mods

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Esk_maghdouni

Oct 3, 2014
Downgrading I9100

I want to downgrade my I9100 from KK.Neatrom 8.0st to JB Neatrom 4.1.2. Please advise which steps I have to follow?

Cro Cop

Aug 20, 2012
Zagreb
I want to downgrade my I9100 from KK.Neatrom 8.0st to JB Neatrom 4.1.2. Please advise which steps I have to follow?

Just do a full wipe and install neatrom 4.1.2.. You have all the installation steps posted in the main thread.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

I have a question as well. Recently, I have installed NeatROM 4.1.2. extralite version. So far I love it. But I am just wondering about one thing. During the installation, I could choose between MTP and Mass storage connection. Whats better for the average user ? I chose MTP btw.

Esk_maghdouni

Oct 3, 2014
First of all thanks for reply, then:
In the MTP mode only file transfer is possible between your PC and cellphone internal and external memories, whereas by choosing Mass Storage mode you have full control on your cellphone memories from whitin the PC as external drive of computer (same as flash memory), so you can do checkdisk or Format them.For more information see wikipedia site and search for MTP or "Media_Transfer_Protocol"

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Just do a full wipe and install neatrom 4.1.2.. You have all the installation steps posted in the main thread.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

I have a question as well. Recently, I have installed NeatROM 4.1.2. extralite version. So far I love it. But I am just wondering about one thing. During the installation, I could choose between MTP and Mass storage connection. Whats better for the average user ? I chose MTP btw.

First of all thanks for reply, then:
In the MTP mode only file transfer is possible between your PC and cellphone internal and external memories, whereas by choosing Mass Storage mode you have full control on your cellphone memories from whitin the PC as external drive of computer (same as flash memory), so you can do checkdisk or Format them.For more information see wikipedia site and search for MTP or "Media_Transfer_Protocol"

Reactions: ssanjy

100klasa

Oct 19, 2014
NeatROM v6.4

Hello,
when I call, enclose to the ear, turn off the display...that's good, but when need end the call.... can not. Display remains off...call does not terminate...What should I do? Install an older version of ROM?

Sorry...google trans...I dont speak english :(

Hajzenberg

May 18, 2013
Hi guys, brothers S2 is on XWMS1 NeatROm Lite v5.3, kernel [email protected] # etc.

I would like to upgrade it for him to the latest XWMS3 6.4. Did the procedure stay the same? Just copy zip on internal memory and do flash zip form recovery, or should I upgrade recovery or something? I'm concerned because I'm comming from a really old version of rom.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Vivek_Neel

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
Hi guys, brothers S2 is on XWMS1 NeatROm Lite v5.3, kernel [email protected] # etc.

I would like to upgrade it for him to the latest XWMS3 6.4. Did the procedure stay the same? Just copy zip on internal memory and do flash zip form recovery, or should I upgrade recovery or something? I'm concerned because I'm comming from a really old version of rom.

Thanks!

Procedure is same :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

TheOnlyOneTM

Oct 31, 2014
World
I have Biggest problem.
Hello. I have a problem with this rom version 6.4 and kernel philz. Let me start from the beginning. I got a Galaxy i9100 with android 4.1.2 and kernel dorimanx. I had CWM version 4.0 ...... I do not remember. I did a full cleaning and installed NeatROOM 6.4. It works very well, but I wanted to go back to my 4.1.2 (I made a backup before installing NeatROOM). And here begins my problem. I do a full wipe and I restore my backup 4.1.2. It starts with the logo dorimanx kernel starts, it appears neat wallpaper romm. Generally speaking, this is a neat rom mixed with my 4.1.2.
After a wipe when I install neatroom appear the same mistakes 'application ... has stopped'. Now neatroom not working properly.
When I install np.cm11 everything is ok.
I want to go back to my stock 4.1.2, I can not deal with this problem.

Sorry for my bad english/

Apr 30, 2014
planning to flash this

i wanna ask if i still need a custom recovery for this? or i could flash it using the stock recovery? any link or advises what do i need first ( what to download before flashing) and what do i need when i wanna revert it back to stock. thanks.

engloa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2011
Here & There ...
i wanna ask if i still need a custom recovery for this? or i could flash it using the stock recovery? any link or advises what do i need first ( what to download before flashing) and what do i need when i wanna revert it back to stock. thanks.

You'll need a custom recovery to flash a custom ROM. Download your version of philz kernel from this link (assuming you're on JB). Read post #2 carefully.
If you want to revert back to stock, you simply flash the stock rom zip (available from samsung-updates.com, sammobile.com) using odin

bodomfan

Mar 9, 2011
Swansea
Having trouble installing chrome and opening my downloads when I click them,anyone know what may be the problem

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rambdal

Apr 4, 2011
I have a problem with ROM version 5.9. All the time after unlocking the screen and run the application (Gmail, Viber and others) TouchWiz stops responding.
006cad917ab6861096461e5ff9f7c7f0.jpg

Another problem is the launch of the application of the beam, when the screen is locked, the application is frozen, then I have to re-lock the screen, unlock and start the application.

72ef5041828bfa4089675d619311bb3d.jpg

Is there any possibility to repair?

Wysłano z Walkman-a

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep but at the moment I can't get the time to do it as I am very busy
    Yes, wipe data and flash latest 6.4
    I dont have time for experimentation, going to stock after repartition and then to this and possibly back again to LP. thats why i ask if someone knows for sure so i just make nandroid of my LP, check out something in this rom and if needed go back to LP. As always will be a clean installation, i just dont want to mess again with re partitions etc
    Thanks

I used the 4GB pit file to increase the size of my data partition and NeatROM installed with no problems.
    If you have to ask this, you probably should use the "basic method". For the time it would take for someone to spoon feed the info(if anyone has the time to) or you to google/search for it, it would be quicker to just reflash the rom and spend a half hour to set up your settings again

It might be quicker, but that's not how we work on NeatROM.

If someone is willing to learn how to do stuff for themselves, they should be pointed in the right direction ;)

You'll need a custom recovery to flash a custom ROM. Download your version of philz kernel from this link (assuming you're on JB). Read post #2 carefully.
    If you want to revert back to stock, you simply flash the stock rom zip (available from samsung-updates.com, sammobile.com) using odin