[Q&A] [ROM] [E] [E Dual] (Nanhu) Nexboost 5.0 - Butter is laggy by comparison

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM] [E] [E Dual] (Nanhu) Nexboost 5.0 - Butter is laggy by comparison

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM] [E] [E Dual] (Nanhu) Nexboost 5.0 - Butter is laggy by comparison. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

Nilaxperia

May 4, 2014
Nashik
SIM isn't recognised

Nexboost ROM - Unofficial Cyanogenmod alternative

Kernel sources can be found in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/development/e-poseidon-ics-kernel-t2686028

CAUTION: GLTOOLS WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS ROM, OR ANY ICS BASED ROM FOR THAT MATTER. IT'LL WORK AT FIRST, BUT OVER TIME IT WILL CAUSE APPS TO CRASH, AND MESS UP YOUR CAMERA DRIVER.

CAUTION #2: WHEN YOU FINISH FLASHING, CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY MIGHT SAY SOMETHING LIKE "Rom might attempt to flash stock recovery on reboot. Disable recovery flash?". YOU MUST PICK NO. IF YOU PICK YES, NONE OF THE PUREPERFORMANCE TWEAKS WILL WORK.

SCREENSHOT LINK: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=5474#screenshots

Do a full wipe when you flash a newer version of the ROM (wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, and system). The reason for this is, most of the updates involve messing with system files. So it would be safer to just to a clean wipe before you flash a newer version.

Features:

• CM11 Look - Kitkat themed framework
  • Pre-rooted with latest SuperSU and su binary
  • Updated Busybox installed
  • Debloated Extremely - only 50 apps left /system/app/ - and that's with Gapps included
  • Init.d support
  • 1.5 GHz OC - thanks @UltraGamerHD
  • PurePerformance X Golden Edition - thanks @Jeeko
  • AOSP Message app
  • CM11 Calculator
  • AOSP Browser
  • Apollo Music Player like in CM11
  • AOSP Contacts and Dialer
  • CM9 LatinIME
  • Apex Launcher as default launcher
  • AOSP Lockscreen
  • Custom font
  • AOSP 4.2 Camera and Gallery
  • Nexus 4 themed Clock Widget
  • QuickPic
  • Cyanogenmod File Manager
  • Newest Play Store - v4.9.13
  • Google Play Services NO GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES! BLOCKED INSTALLATION PERMENENTLY!

BUGS:

I honestly don't know how to fix these bugs. I would if I could.

- Battery percentage is weird at times (goes up and down). Battery life is ok, though. There seems to be a problem with the Poseidon Kernel causing this. Hope @UltraGamerHD will fix it sometime in the future.

- A lot of people ask about the stock Xperia Themes. Well, they don't work. I already changed .pngs files in various apks causing the themes to no longer work.

- Some apps force closes at times (Whatsapps, Gmail, Browser,etc..). Clearing the apps data, they'll work again.

Credits - Other people who helped:
@DanielFlorin - helped me a lot with some of the features in this ROM
@iPlasm - HTC HD Mini CM9 dev - I got some of my apks and pngs from his rom
TamsuiCM and Cyanogenmod team - I took a lot of pngs from CM11 of course
@Xmoose - for his rom xboost
And many other people who helped indirectly....
@Gerr_kpo - Tipo dev for his Performa V5 - took a lot of his pngs in his ROM as well
@serajr, @djedjy and @anurox2 - For CM11-like SystemUI
.... I can't include everyone because I got my resources from so many places. So to all those people I haven't thanked: Thank you very much. You all contributed one way or another.

Download link
HERE: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=5474#downloads

Size of ROM: 176 NOW 164MB - The size of a CM9 nightly. Slimmed down Gapps included. So it's basically CM-sized. (In fact, it's even lighter than CM11 Alpha 6.1).

Instructions:
  1. Flash 11.0.A.6.8 firmware (4.0.4 ftf)
  2. Flash Poseidon Kernel
  3. Boot into CWM
  4. Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
  5. Format system
  6. Flash the ROM, enjoy your Sony Xperia Nexus

NOTE: On first boot, before doing anything, adjust the time on your phone to the correct date and time, time zone. Otherwise Play Store won't download.

NOTE 2: This rom is very slim. So it might not have some of the stuff you use (Voice Search, Sim Toolkit,etc...). I'll upload a zip of the removed apps later.

Tips:

- Download "Disable Services" from Play Store to well...disable services. Anything you don't use - disable it.

- Use old version of apps. The new version of Facebook for example, takes up 50 MB of space and 80 MB of RAM. Use Facebook 3.4, takes up only 35 MB of RAM and 30 MB of space. Another example is Google Maps. The new version is clunky, laggy. Use the old Google Maps with the Locales app and the ICS-like UI. Much smoother.

- Greenify everything except for apps that you need to run in background.

Changelog

- Initial Release

- Changed the font to Diavlo (with Unicode support)
- Changed Bold fonts to Jelly Bean Roboto
- Removed Google Play Services
- Added CM11-like tabbed SystemUI (Battery percentage included) - thanks to @serajr, @djedjy and @anurox2
- Changed default wallpaper to Kitkat wallpaper

- Added CPU Stats and CPU Settings in developer options
- SuperUserMod services.jar

- Removed Sony Phonebook - Replaced with AOSP ICS Dialer
- Changed the Android Clock font (You'll see the changes in Clock app).
- Replaced the SystemUI with @Gerr_kpo SystemUI - CM11 Themed
I replaced it because I've heard complaints about the tabbed ones being to clunky.
(If you want tabbed, take it from V3. I'll leave the links up).
- Further debloating (Removed all Sony Contacts related apks - they're no longer neccessary. Also, removed MediaUploader.apk)
- Removed parts of the Sony Framework
- Permenently blocked the automatic installation of Google Play Services. From now on, it can't be installed on your phone and slow everything down ever again!
- Further themed the call screen so it looks more like AOSP
- Some layout xmls modifications (Just flash new version, you'll see)

- Updated AOSP Browser: Now with Incognito, and Home Page button!
- Font changed to Bauhaus
- Clock font changed to HeroLight
- New tiled SystemUI that looks almost identical to CM11. Thanks to @draco_ag
(To access SystemUI preferences, pull down notification bar, press the "Menu" hardware key, and tap "SystemUI Preferences")

You can do whatever you want with this rom (use it as a base rom, mirror it, etc...). Just give me proper credits. Worked so hard on it.
This is my first ROM. So feel free to leave suggestion, comments, insults, etc... Honesty is appreciated.

XDA:DevDB Information
Nexboost, ROM for the Sony Xperia E

Contributors
doperthancoke, Xmoose, UltraGamerHD, DanielFlorin
ROM OS Version: 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: Xboost

Version Information

Created 2014-08-19
Last Updated 2014-09-28

I have an Xperia E Dual C1605 but I use only one sim but when i flashed this rom the sim wasn't recognized please do something! :confused::(

raydenn26

Oct 23, 2014
stock weather widget

Q&A for [ROM] [E] [E Dual] (Nanhu) Nexboost 5.0 - Butter is laggy by comparison

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM] [E] [E Dual] (Nanhu) Nexboost 5.0 - Butter is laggy by comparison. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)
please can you include stock weather widget, i love it and is animated....please !!

wladimir1978

Nov 5, 2014
Themes

When you change the theme pops up an error

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

When you change the theme pops up an error

raydenn26

Oct 23, 2014
Verry good ROM !!!

No bugs for moment, no problems at all ! In fact is most smoother ROM for now!!!!
It consume very little RAM and is very fast!!!

But i have a wish : can you please make it to look ( or include ) the theme from "Fire JB rom" ? http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2997490&d=1415032226 .
I know is something close to that the ROM of Daniel Florin( http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/development/rom-experia-black-edition-t2904506 ) but is dark and is more bloated than yours....

If you can get permission from him , I think your ROM would became the most good looking and whith best performance too !!
Can't wait for next update! Thank you!

raydenn26

Oct 23, 2014
Google Play Services

Please can you tell me how to fix Google Play Services ? I know is very RAM consuming but most apps like Gmail ,youtube, are not working and I need it. I can greenify eventualy , but I can't installit : insufficient space. Thank you!

raydenn26

Oct 23, 2014
bug

i find a bug concerning media aplications , players ,etc not seeing songs or media files. For first time all is ok , but after a while are lost and custom ringtones or mp3 files is not recognized.
Please if you can fix that, is an aweasome rom but this bug is very annoying!!!

Luiz Filt

Sep 16, 2014
Bro what's in this update? Its by the same notifications that the JB MESSAGES predict the wathsapp, Feedback ...?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

i find a bug concerning media aplications , players ,etc not seeing songs or media files. For first time all is ok , but after a while are lost and custom ringtones or mp3 files is not recognized.
Please if you can fix that, is an aweasome rom but this bug is very annoying!!!

[SIZE="<font><font>3</font></font>"]Goes into recovery mode and then goes forward and soon after in fix permissions without deleting the data.[/SIZE]

kishanamlani

Sep 6, 2013
After flashing ROM, at first boot i faced an error showing,

Unfortunately setup guide has stopped working.

Any solution??
Someone told me on main thread to flash latest gapps of ICS. I flashed gapps but still stucked at that point.

Sent from my XT1068 using XDA Free mobile app

raydenn26

Oct 23, 2014
Bro what's in this update? Its by the same notifications that the JB MESSAGES predict the wathsapp, Feedback ...?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

[SIZE="<font><font>3</font></font>"]Goes into recovery mode and then goes forward and soon after in fix permissions without deleting the data.[/SIZE]

sorry ,but don't understand. So what to do?

jayaiyer3

Dec 15, 2014
choosing the firmware

I want to run Nexboost ROM! For which I need to Flash 11.1.0A.68 firmware (4.0.4 ftf).
Im unable to find the firmware. What alternative firmware can i use? Im running Cynogenmod 10 with 11.3.A.2.23 FTF (Single Sim Only) on my Xperia E c1504

jayaiyer3

Dec 15, 2014
problem with mobile internet!

I have a xperia E C1504 single sim.. according to the tutorial it asked me to flash 11.1.0A.68 firmware (4.0.4 ftf). After searching for a long time, I found it.. After I flashed it, I saw many options for dual sim, even though mine is single sim.

Now mobile internet is not working after. Is it because of the wrong firmware? Or is it a bug in Nexboost! its kinda urgent.

Luiz Filt

Sep 16, 2014
Launcher

After updating the launcher apex, it stopped working, every time you see a Feedback "Apex launcher, stopped"

Luiz Filt

Sep 16, 2014
Launcher Launcher After updating the launcher apex, it stopped After updating the launcher apex, it stopped working, every time you see a Feedback "Apex working, every time you see a Feedback "Apex launcher, stopped" launcher, stopped"

L4vPivo

Feb 10, 2014
I've got a problem. When flashing this from an ext sdcard, cwm says that the installation failed, even after it went through the "credits", when I boot it up, selecting 'NO" at the "Flash default recovery" or whatever, the phone boots up, and it says that the Setup guide has stopped, from there I can't do anything.