• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q&A] [ROM] [G850F] [LP 5.1.x] ResurrectionRemix v5.4.5 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

debem666

Aug 10, 2015
Brasilia
My impressions of the rom

First,

Thank you very much for this rom! even with its problems it still better than samsung's roms.

My impressions are the following ones using the brazilian version G850M:

Positive points:

*i've noticed much higher speed than samsungs stock rom;
*the ram consumption has also drastically drop, from the 1.7gb from the stock rom doing NOTHING to a little bit less than 600mb doing nothing with this rom;
*battery life has also improved very much.

Main issues i found:
*when you are in a call and the screen black outs, you can't turn on the screen untill god knows when;
*when i use the screenshot function, somehow i see some artifacts in the printscrren;
* when i'm on a call and use the speaker on calls the person on the other side can't listen to me;
*whatsapp calls somethimes behave oddly, like i can't recieve, some times i can't hear the person on the other side and sometimes everything works just fine.

Thank you for this development!

pokster123

Aug 11, 2015
Screen Colour

Hi, guys, does this roms still having a warm colour issue compare to the stock OS. If I remember correctly, i was unable to connect to my 5ghz band on my ASUS dual band modem. much thanks

Javisaidmc

Aug 9, 2015
Some problems with the rom

The rom work well, but i've found some bugs:
The mail app dont work, so i must use other app
Sometimes, the phones start to ger hot and to drain battery and i have to restart the device.
Camera app sometimes crashes.

km1306

Jul 26, 2015
Didn't really try the latest version of CM12 by Kyasu yet, and the last one i did didn't had the new hardware source sync i think.

Btw another problem with the network part, everytime i receive an MMS, data crash, and i need to disable/reenable data for it to work (multiple times, until said MMS is received and then it stops crashing).

Been like that for quite some time now too (but i rarely receive MMS, specially during summer vacations :p), think it's at the same time the problem with the Network Operators page being blank appeared.

Calling via car BT still not working....

k0a

Aug 30, 2015
how install?

Hey ppl, i'm new here. Can you explain me, how can I install this rom? I have orginall Android. If you won't telling me, send me link to website where i can find instruction step by step how flash, install that everything on my Alpha :).

sunsettrack4

Dec 22, 2013
Hanover
www.youtube.com

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1443348924349.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1443348924349.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 229
  • uploadfromtaptalk1443348933672.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1443348933672.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

arpitbhasin123

Jan 28, 2012
Guys urgent help neede i have alpha
g850y i cant find custom roms and recovery for it
Can anybody help :(
I habe to use xposed but cant :(
Sent from my SM-G850Y using XDA Free mobile app

crosstiger

Oct 17, 2015
www.gamemania.tk
Is it normal that you cannot record in 4k resolution? With the default camera app I can only choose 1080p for video, but the Alpha is capable of 2160p. Selecting the 4k option in the open camera app result in the error "Sorry, 4k UHD not supported on your device". Is this a CM based issue or related to the RR rom?

Otherwise:

+ Much better battery life
+ Better customization
+ Better security settings
+ Permission manager

- Funny behavior of widgets if you change the grid size
- Wake-Up time much slower than on Touch-Wiz :(
- Fingerprint scanner and cover view doesn't work (I heard that’s normal due to closed source?!)

Top Liked Posts