• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q&A] [ROM] [JB - 4.2.1] RiVaLs RoM™ - v3 Lollipop EdiTioN [AROMA]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM] [JB - 4.2.1] RiVaLs RoM™ - v3 Lollipop EdiTioN [AROMA]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM] [JB - 4.2.1] RiVaLs RoM™ - v3 Lollipop EdiTioN [AROMA]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

its.marko

Feb 23, 2015
Stuck @ android boot logo

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

same problem here Stuck @ android boot logo

rajendra1989

Mar 15, 2014
struck at android boot logo

Hi,
I tried to install the update but the phone is struck at android boot logo
I had already install the android 5 by rohit gupta and fusion rom by akilendra gadde.so skiped the system partition size step.
Before flashing the update I had correctly install the rival rom version 1 as required and currently using the rom .
I am using Micromax A110 with internal storage of 1.4 GB and ram is 471 mb

Last edited:

TEKS299

Dec 7, 2013
Not able to boot into recovery or rom

Buddy, i flashed the rom as per the procedure and it worked awesome but the lock screen does not open once it is locked .
I had to reboot the phone to get into the os .
Do i thought if i reflashed the rom it would solve the problem and tried it .
After flashing it when i hit the reboot now option it told me that i don't have root access and asked me if it can root the mobile so ichoose yes and when it rebooted the rom stuck at bootloop and when i tried to get into recovery mode there was no recovery .
Now im stuck at bootloop + no recovery. Plz help me bro

dewang.aquarius

Apr 27, 2015
unable to adjust brightness

using the rom since 2 days. the rom is awesome. But I am unable to adjust brightness. In settings too selecting brightness fc settings. also battery consumption is bit high mite be bcoz of brightness. Kindly provide a patch for it. Otherwise everything works fine.

Dec 14, 2014
Camera is not working

My camera is not working neither the torch any suggestions. When I open the camera app(both of them) it shows "Can't connect to camera". Clear all for recent panal not working too.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2014
Can i flash using twrp recovery?
Is it necessary to flash system partition first?

yes but it did not work for me when i used twrp recovery or cmw recovery. Philz recovery works . And the partition is absolutely necessary or else you will get stuck in a boot loop.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Buddy, i flashed the rom as per the procedure and it worked awesome but the lock screen does not open once it is locked .
I had to reboot the phone to get into the os .
Do i thought if i reflashed the rom it would solve the problem and tried it .
After flashing it when i hit the reboot now option it told me that i don't have root access and asked me if it can root the mobile so ichoose yes and when it rebooted the rom stuck at bootloop and when i tried to get into recovery mode there was no recovery .
Now im stuck at bootloop + no recovery. Plz help me bro
It seems you were using twrp recovery. And what exactly you mean by no recovery.

vishal jalhotra

May 21, 2015
stuck after boot animation

sir,
i have done system partition and i also flashed v1 .
then i flashed v3 rom and after aroma launcher i flashed 4.2 kernal but it just stuck after boot animation, its only showing android and not moving further.
tried multiple times.

plssss help

Jul 18, 2014
chandigarh
Realme X7 Pro
Error : Play store has stopped

Hello Frnd,

I manage to install the rom but i got one error that Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.
and the worst thing is that it occur frequently that i am unable to even dial a number.
kindly look at screen shot and suggest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-25-16-21-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-25-16-21-45.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 44
Jul 18, 2014
chandigarh
Realme X7 Pro
sir,
i have done system partition and i also flashed v1 .
then i flashed v3 rom and after aroma launcher i flashed 4.2 kernal but it just stuck after boot animation, its only showing android and not moving further.
tried multiple times.

plssss help
i was facing the same issue check the below link it worked for me

http://forum.xda-developers.com/mic...rivals-rom-v3-lollipop-edition-t3078043/page5

thanks to Avinash272426245

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

using the rom since 2 days. the rom is awesome. But I am unable to adjust brightness. In settings too selecting brightness fc settings. also battery consumption is bit high mite be bcoz of brightness. Kindly provide a patch for it. Otherwise everything works fine.

I was facing same issue but when i try Quick setting app which is already present in system apps
over there we can select the auto brightness off.