• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q&A] [ROM][P769/P760] UltraROM [4.2]

Search This thread

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
For some reason when I lock my phone and the battery starts dying pretty quick even though it's not in use. On my MS769 running Ultrarom.

That's weird..I can have mine on all day and not have a problem, however, I turn off data because it sucks the phone dry. Needless to say, this phone is old, and its system is very power hungry :thumbup:

Sent from my P769 running UltraRom 4.2

UnratedBozz

Aug 9, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply I guess I'll just keep trying to tweak with it to find the sweet spot. :D any suggestions on how I could probably improve the battery also what model do you have?

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Thanks for the quick reply I guess I'll just keep trying to tweak with it to find the sweet spot. :D any suggestions on how I could probably improve the battery also what model do you have?

Turn off data/WiFi when you don't need it, and close apps before locking the phone. Also, screen bright ness of about 50% keeps this thing a beast and ends up having 80-89% at the end of the day..with out major use of course:thumbup:
Also, I have the 769 Tmobile:thumbup:

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Thanks for the tips also t
Is there any hidden features and how do I activate it. :p sorry for all the questions.
For hidden features, i think doubletaptosleep is installed, but you need to activate it in Xposed. Its when you double tap the statusbar for a quick lock of the phone. There are 2 other modules installed, but they need to be updated. Also, you can drag up from the bottom of the screen a little, and the PIE settings come out.

UnratedBozz

Aug 9, 2014
When I installed the rom it gave me a option to use my sd card as my primary storage. But now it shows that it is but every time I download a app it goes straight to internal storage. How do I fix this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
@UnratedBozz That's weird...is it p760? I haven't heard of that problem, or had the time to do anything concerning this ROM due to school finals and building my own pc., but, I feel like I should just make it automatically swapped...try moving apps to SD card, if that works, then its working sort of? Also if it isn't, then its not installed at all

UnratedBozz

Aug 9, 2014
@UnratedBozz That's weird...is it p760? I haven't heard of that problem, or had the time to do anything concerning this ROM due to school finals and building my own pc., but, I feel like I should just make it automatically swapped...try moving apps to SD card, if that works, then its working sort of? Also if it isn't, then its not installed at all

It's MS769 , Also I can tell it's installed it says that the storage is on the memory card but it isn't.

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Maybe your phone is glitched? My phone is the P769 as you can tell from the phone signature, but I currently do not have the problem you do...that's why its difficult to find where it went wrong, furthermore, you are the first person to have reported this problem. I recommend resetting the phone or installing a ROM again and see if it is fixed

UnratedBozz

Aug 9, 2014
I went ahead and flash stock and unrooted and did a clean install. Same issues keeep popping up. Also my widgets aren't working well.

Sent from my LGMS769

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-25-00-51-27.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-25-00-51-27.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_2014-12-25-00-51-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-25-00-51-33.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_2014-12-25-00-51-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-25-00-51-04.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
I went ahead and flash stock and unrooted and did a clean install. Same issues keeep popping up. Also my widgets aren't working well.
Sent from my LGMS769
@UnratedBozz OH u mean that? (Talking about storage) Thats a weird thing that happens for most of the p769's and such. I have it as well, its basically just showing the sd card as internal. Thats what its supposed to do. When it asked you to swap internal and external, it just puts your sd card as main storage. and the bottom still shows the sd card anyways. The Soundcloud notification player is weird for me as well...i might end up putting lollipop statusbar if thats possible, then that way, soundcloud works correctly for the widget thing. The other apps show up fine there though.

Last edited:

KeiFTW

Oct 18, 2013
Hello i have a problem with the ultrarom :( when i shut off the screen it goes black but it stills on also i can't change the bright
i flashed in a L9 P768g v10 firmware

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
This seems to be a problem with other peoples versions, however, not everyone's. I haven't the foggiest idea what is making it enter this state, but I'll cram knowledge from the internet to fix this.

DreamJohn

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
I'm using UltraRom 4.2 on my MS769 but I can't get my 4G back. Data is on but I can't go on the internet, only make calls/get texts. When I turn on Wifi my data turns completely off and shows an x over signal. I flashed the radio.zip for metropcs but that doesn't fix it. Any ideas on that?

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
That's weird. Do you rember what kernel you used? UltraRom or stock? Also, going to another ROM and reflashing this one should do something...not sure what that problem is, as this is built of of @kuma82 s rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    p760 4.2 beta install error status 6

For axiel7,
    What version of cwm you use?
    installation aborted, error status 6

installation does not complete. Error status 6

Can be due to this?

ERROR STATUS 6
    This is usually caused by CR/LF EOL(Windows style End Of Line) in updater-script. Change it to LF EOL(Unix Style EOL) using Linux command: dos2unix updater-script, then re-signing the ZIP, will usually fix this error.

sorry and thanks anyway for your work
    As far from others, your rom is just a work of art. Aroma installer, with option what to install and what not, ar just a future for any other rom, only downside it the big rom size, as aproximatly average size ir about 250MB, while i guess its due to aroma installer packed with a lot of apks, its 600MB which kinda takes more time to download, on slow connections, and takes up space on SD, as i and i suppose many other like to keep flashable rom in SD for emergencies. Thats sad you plan on buying new phone, i do have to say p76* are no more competition to others, as it got old, but it still can perform better, that some new phones, i plan on getting a new phone, only when my p760 is killed forever. Hope to see more work from you, as rammar and artas had already left. Keep up the awesome work, i`m still happy i tried using your rom.
    You have to use a root file manager...the odex will not show up on Lucky Patcher, plus if you deleted it, you have to re-odex because it was deleted as well. Anyways, did the System UI work?

Yup, used Root Explorer and still nothing. Problem is once I try re-installing Google Keyboard it no longer appears on Lucky Patcher for me to odex. It did it once the very first time I tried it and figured the odex would be somewhere, but it wasn't anywhere. Tried uninstalling GKeyboard and reinstalling but no matter what I do it no longer shows up on the list of apps in Lucky Patcher.

As for the System UI, I didn't try it because I'm worried it'll mess the system up and as it is right now the phone is pretty stable so I can deal with it. I just turned the status bar to hidden so it's no biggie. Thanks for the help though,