• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q&A] [ROM][P769/P760] UltraROM [4.2]

Search This thread

trumpiks

Nov 21, 2014
Screen

On p760 installed with no problems at sight with TWRP, bet i had no boot animation, and my screen won't go off either, by that i mean, it locks, bet still have a bright black color, so it doesnt go to sleep, just like a stand by, something with the video driver maybe? installed with stock kernel.

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
On p760 installed with no problems at sight with TWRP, bet i had no boot animation, and my screen won't go off either, by that i mean, it locks, bet still have a bright black color, so it doesnt go to sleep, just like a stand by, something with the video driver maybe? installed with stock kernel.

No boot animation as of now...I've been TRYING SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME to get the animation to display correctly, but it never has...(since 1.2) Maybe there is a driver error? Not sure, but people have replied with the same screen problem, although, if it doesn't drain the battery much, I don't know if it'll affect daily use..please reply with what happens with the battery for a fully day...I'm not sure how to fix it, but I'll see if I can work on it :D Sent from my P769 running UltraRom 4.2

trumpiks

Nov 21, 2014
Sorry to say, but i almost had my phone dead, i know its kinda impossible to brick l9, but after some time of testing, i removed gravity box and xposed, as i am not highly happy about these programms, i like to keep it clean and simple. Phone was extremely fast, and 1080p recording, gosh missed that, but after some reboots phone booted to rom booting animation(yes its invisible, but it got past LG logo), and stayed there for 10 minutes, battery pull didn't help. I tried to boot to TWRP, but instead it just booted to LG, but just this time stayed at the LG logo only, few more battery pulls, and phone wouldn't turn on, unless it's connected with usb, no matter PC or charging( no, it wasnt discharged) but still while connected to USB boot only to LG logo, then i got worried, as i couldn't even get to software mode, i thought, is that it? But after some playing with usb, and battery pulls with connected to PC i managed to boot to fastboot somehow, so i flashed CWM recovery, as i always had similiar problems with TWRP, but the CWM again always gives me status 7 on any rom instalation, and i had removed the CWM backup, so i thought to flash TWRP recovery, as i had two roms, and a TWRP backup of paranoid, but once flashed, and tried reboot recovery, phoen died again, i gave up on computer, and played with USB charger and battery pulls, and finally got to TWRP recovery, restored backup, hope this helps someone.
What i excatly did, removed battery, unpluged from source(PC,TV,Charger, don't matter), then pluged in while holding Vol up plus power, and then when it vibrate first time, put in battery, then just hope it boots to fastboot or recovery.
Why am i posting this here? I don't want to blame your rom for that nasty brick, but i want to suggest getting rid gravity box and xposed, they always made problems to my phone.

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Sorry to say, but i almost had my phone dead, i know its kinda impossible to brick l9, but after some time of testing, i removed gravity box and xposed, as i am not highly happy about these programms, i like to keep it clean and simple. Phone was extremely fast, and 1080p recording, gosh missed that, but after some reboots phone booted to rom booting animation(yes its invisible, but it got past LG logo), and stayed there for 10 minutes, battery pull didn't help. I tried to boot to TWRP, but instead it just booted to LG, but just this time stayed at the LG logo only, few more battery pulls, and phone wouldn't turn on, unless it's connected with usb, no matter PC or charging( no, it wasnt discharged) but still while connected to USB boot only to LG logo, then i got worried, as i couldn't even get to software mode, i thought, is that it? But after some playing with usb, and battery pulls with connected to PC i managed to boot to fastboot somehow, so i flashed CWM recovery, as i always had similiar problems with TWRP, but the CWM again always gives me status 7 on any rom instalation, and i had removed the CWM backup, so i thought to flash TWRP recovery, as i had two roms, and a TWRP backup of paranoid, but once flashed, and tried reboot recovery, phoen died again, i gave up on computer, and played with USB charger and battery pulls, and finally got to TWRP recovery, restored backup, hope this helps someone.
What i excatly did, removed battery, unpluged from source(PC,TV,Charger, don't matter), then pluged in while holding Vol up plus power, and then when it vibrate first time, put in battery, then just hope it boots to fastboot or recovery.
Why am i posting this here? I don't want to blame your rom for that nasty brick, but i want to suggest getting rid gravity box and xposed, they always made problems to my phone.

WOW, that's a nasty brick...on my phone, I have also removed those apps, and I will be sure to make them an OPTION in the 5.0 update...I will probably be getting a new phone but I REALLY want this rom to be continued for a while longer :D

trumpiks

Nov 21, 2014
As far from others, your rom is just a work of art. Aroma installer, with option what to install and what not, ar just a future for any other rom, only downside it the big rom size, as aproximatly average size ir about 250MB, while i guess its due to aroma installer packed with a lot of apks, its 600MB which kinda takes more time to download, on slow connections, and takes up space on SD, as i and i suppose many other like to keep flashable rom in SD for emergencies. Thats sad you plan on buying new phone, i do have to say p76* are no more competition to others, as it got old, but it still can perform better, that some new phones, i plan on getting a new phone, only when my p760 is killed forever. Hope to see more work from you, as rammar and artas had already left. Keep up the awesome work, i`m still happy i tried using your rom.

Reactions: UltraRoboto

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
As far from others, your rom is just a work of art. Aroma installer, with option what to install and what not, ar just a future for any other rom, only downside it the big rom size, as aproximatly average size ir about 250MB, while i guess its due to aroma installer packed with a lot of apks, its 600MB which kinda takes more time to download, on slow connections, and takes up space on SD, as i and i suppose many other like to keep flashable rom in SD for emergencies. Thats sad you plan on buying new phone, i do have to say p76* are no more competition to others, as it got old, but it still can perform better, that some new phones, i plan on getting a new phone, only when my p760 is killed forever. Hope to see more work from you, as rammar and artas had already left. Keep up the awesome work, i`m still happy i tried using your rom.

:crying::crying:Thanks! You know, its tough seeing many people come and go...I'm glad that I still can make people happy with my work. Also, gravitybox and xposed arent necessary for the rom to function...this is part of 4.2 and now 5.0. Hopefully, you give it another go probably, around tomorrow evening. :highfive::fingers-crossed:

cronik247

Jul 20, 2014
I'm pretty sure you can OC it by useing terminal and entering "su" and then "max" and i use no-frills cpu control its OC'ed at 1200mhz, hope that helps if not just ignore me =P

BruceWayne54

Apr 12, 2015
Austin, Tx
Hi, I just need to get this straight before I install this rom. I don't want to accidentally root my device so I'm just checking. Does this rom require an unlocked boot loader? I have a rooted LG P769 with a locked boot loader, will this be enough to install the rom?

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Hi, I just need to get this straight before I install this rom. I don't want to accidentally root my device so I'm just checking. Does this rom require an unlocked boot loader? I have a rooted LG P769 with a locked boot loader, will this be enough to install the rom?

Lol No worries, It can be installed without Unlocked Bootloader. Locked BootLoader will work just fine ;) :silly:

mario0318

Some help in removing the carrier label on the status bar

First off, this is a very good ROM, so far the best one I've experienced with the L9. Selecting anything but the LG keyboard during installation was a bit funky with Google Keyboard FC all the time, but that was easy to get past.

However I was wondering if there was an easy way to remove the carrier label from the status bar. I've tried editing build.prop, installed some Xposed modules, haven't gone as far as editing the LGSystemUI file since I'm not too familiar with that, and so far none of it has worked. Is there anything I haven't come across to successfully do this on this ROM with the LG MS769?

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
First off, this is a very good ROM, so far the best one I've experienced with the L9. Selecting anything but the LG keyboard during installation was a bit funky with Google Keyboard FC all the time, but that was easy to get past.

However I was wondering if there was an easy way to remove the carrier label from the status bar. I've tried editing build.prop, installed some Xposed modules, haven't gone as far as editing the LGSystemUI file since I'm not too familiar with that, and so far none of it has worked. Is there anything I haven't come across to successfully do this on this ROM with the LG MS769?

Thank you for the great feedback! I just need someone to install Google Keyboard from the Play Store and odex it with lucky patcher, then send it to me. (Can you do that?)
For the Carrier Label:
Search up B/W Status Bar P769 on XDA...it should turn up(there is one without Carrier Label.

Sent from my P769 running UltraRom 4.2

Last edited:

mario0318

Thank you for the great feedback! I just need someone to install Google Keyboard from the Play Store and odex it with lucky patcher, then send it to me. (Can you do that?)
For the Carrier Label:
Search up B/W Status Bar P769 on XDA...it should turn up(there is one without Carrier Label.

Hey man, thanks for the help. I can't seem to find a specific link to what you're referring to. I found a LGsystemui.apk but apparently the thread is for the P760, not sure if it'll work for the 769.

Also I did the Lucky Patcher for the Google Keyboard but I can't find the odex file, nor can I uninstall the keyboard now to retry. Do you know specifically where Lucky Patcher saves them?

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Hey man, thanks for the help. I can't seem to find a specific link to what you're referring to. I found a LGsystemui.apk but apparently the thread is for the P760, not sure if it'll work for the 769.

Also I did the Lucky Patcher for the Google Keyboard but I can't find the odex file, nor can I uninstall the keyboard now to retry. Do you know specifically where Lucky Patcher saves them?

It saves them in the root directory...so what u want to do is get to the root directory ( get to the / directory) then tap the /data one, look for /app afterwards, then scroll down rill you see something around (Google keyboard,(or something).apk Right under it should be the odex file, copy and paste it where ever, then send it my way. Hope that works!

Edit: The apk for system ui is what you need, replace, then reboot. The file is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2613186

Last edited:

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX

Did you find the file? I really do need it, also, did the System UI work?

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX

Hey, sorry no. It's just not anywhere. I've even done a system wide file search and nothing came up for that odex file. Once I installed the keyboard it seems to have never shown up again on Lucky Patcher, even after force uninstalling it a few times.

You have to use a root file manager...the odex will not show up on Lucky Patcher, plus if you deleted it, you have to re-odex because it was deleted as well. Anyways, did the System UI work?

mario0318

You have to use a root file manager...the odex will not show up on Lucky Patcher, plus if you deleted it, you have to re-odex because it was deleted as well. Anyways, did the System UI work?

Yup, used Root Explorer and still nothing. Problem is once I try re-installing Google Keyboard it no longer appears on Lucky Patcher for me to odex. It did it once the very first time I tried it and figured the odex would be somewhere, but it wasn't anywhere. Tried uninstalling GKeyboard and reinstalling but no matter what I do it no longer shows up on the list of apps in Lucky Patcher.

As for the System UI, I didn't try it because I'm worried it'll mess the system up and as it is right now the phone is pretty stable so I can deal with it. I just turned the status bar to hidden so it's no biggie. Thanks for the help though,

Reactions: UltraRoboto

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    p760 4.2 beta install error status 6

For axiel7,
    What version of cwm you use?
    installation aborted, error status 6

installation does not complete. Error status 6

Can be due to this?

ERROR STATUS 6
    This is usually caused by CR/LF EOL(Windows style End Of Line) in updater-script. Change it to LF EOL(Unix Style EOL) using Linux command: dos2unix updater-script, then re-signing the ZIP, will usually fix this error.

sorry and thanks anyway for your work

Yup, used Root Explorer and still nothing. Problem is once I try re-installing Google Keyboard it no longer appears on Lucky Patcher for me to odex. It did it once the very first time I tried it and figured the odex would be somewhere, but it wasn't anywhere. Tried uninstalling GKeyboard and reinstalling but no matter what I do it no longer shows up on the list of apps in Lucky Patcher.

As for the System UI, I didn't try it because I'm worried it'll mess the system up and as it is right now the phone is pretty stable so I can deal with it. I just turned the status bar to hidden so it's no biggie. Thanks for the help though,