• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q&A] [ROM][P769/P760] UltraROM [4.2]

Search This thread

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Yup, used Root Explorer and still nothing. Problem is once I try re-installing Google Keyboard it no longer appears on Lucky Patcher for me to odex. It did it once the very first time I tried it and figured the odex would be somewhere, but it wasn't anywhere. Tried uninstalling GKeyboard and reinstalling but no matter what I do it no longer shows up on the list of apps in Lucky Patcher.

As for the System UI, I didn't try it because I'm worried it'll mess the system up and as it is right now the phone is pretty stable so I can deal with it. I just turned the status bar to hidden so it's no biggie. Thanks for the help though,

Ah alrighty, hope you continue using UltraRom!

Sent from my P769 running UltraRom 4.2

BruceWayne54

Apr 12, 2015
Austin, Tx
I noticed that whenever I get an ongoing notification from any music app, or a clean master notification it looks really weird (see attached picture). How do I fix this?

Sent from my LG P769 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1429368112029.jpg
    1429368112029.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 130

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
@BruceWayne54
I'm not sure how to fix it, I have it as well.I believe that it is missing textures.....guess we need a new system ui(that doesn't have missing textures)?? Back to the drawing board people! If you find a new one, please tell me and I will implement it in UltraRom6

Aleman03

Aug 23, 2013
the keyboard stopped

Hi, after installing the Rom, when start telling me that the google keyboard has stopped, and I can not do anything because of this error. Also once is blocked can not use it, the screen goes off.
I install the UltraRom 5.
I have the LG L9 P778
What I can do?

Last edited:

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Don't Sweat~(o_o)~

Hi, after installing the Rom, when start telling me that the google keyboard has stopped, and I can not do anything because of this error. Also once is blocked can not use it, the screen goes off.
I install the UltraRom 5.
I have the LG L9 P778
What I can do?

Change to a different keyboard in the installer. That should fix it:D:D Also, UltraROM 6.0 should come with a fix to that problem :D

Last edited:

Aleman03

Aug 23, 2013
screen never turns off

Hi, I switched to keyboard Lg and now works fine.
The problem I have now is that the screen never turns off, rather than shutting down it just goes black but still on.

peragon

May 13, 2015
flashing custom rom in my lg optimus l9 ms769

I have seen in several blogs methods to flash a custom rom, the ones I have understood are when the bootloader is unlocked but I don't know how to unlock my bootloader, I have read that the phones which were made after August of 2013 have encrypted bootloader and can't be unlock, my phone were made on October of 2013, so I guess that it has the bootloader encrypted, if anyone can help me I would appreciate it, my phone is LG Optimus L9 MS769 (MetroPCS version), thanks in advance.

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
I have seen in several blogs methods to flash a custom rom, the ones I have understood are when the bootloader is unlocked but I don't know how to unlock my bootloader, I have read that the phones which were made after August of 2013 have encrypted bootloader and can't be unlock, my phone were made on October of 2013, so I guess that it has the bootloader encrypted, if anyone can help me I would appreciate it, my phone is LG Optimus L9 MS769 (MetroPCS version), thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B66r-4u7eQN8WG5XLVpjb0NHdVU&authuser=0 <---- This is the root app..download and install on phone for the root part. Then, download this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6nn42e6jw6ybfw/L9RecoveryInstaller_1.5.0.apk This second file is for the cwm recovery. As a reminder, THIS DOES NOT UNLOCK BOOTLOADER, this only gives root permission and the ability to flash custom roms based on STOCK firmware...hence where my custom rom fits in... I hope this helps! ~Roboto

P.S. - You don't need to unlock bootloader, as this helps to root phone without unlocking.

peragon

May 13, 2015
THIS DOES NOT UNLOCK BOOTLOADER, this only gives root permission and the ability to flash custom roms based on STOCK firmware...

thank you very much for your soon reply, but now I have two doubts:
* what is the difference between a custom rom and a rom based on stock firmware, I mean, why my device would accept the latter and not the first.
* I have heard that the bootloader looks for the rom's signature to check if it is original and only if it succeed then it load it, otherwise it refuse to load it. Is this correct?

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
thank you very much for your soon reply, but now I have two doubts:
* what is the difference between a custom rom and a rom based on stock firmware, I mean, why my device would accept the latter and not the first.
* I have heard that the bootloader looks for the rom's signature to check if it is original and only if it succeed then it load it, otherwise it refuse to load it. Is this correct?

Answer for #1and #2: Custom roms can also be based on stock firmware, this just means that (answer for number 2 incoming!!!) with stock firmware, the rom will load on locked bootloader's correctly without having to reset and re-root everything because an unlocked bootloader custom rom is able to modify the kernel, basically, the kernel is one of the main things that divides unlocked vs locked bootloaders. With a modified cyanogen kernel, the rom is significantly faster, and runs off of cyanogenmod..not true android, which needs an unlocked bootloader to load up.

peragon

May 13, 2015
I fixed that lel, it works now :D:D

I was searching on google and it seems that this apk only works if the phone comes with 'spritebud' installed, but I don't have it in my phone. I suppose the phones made until August, 2013 had a rom with spritebud but after that an upgraded rom removed this binary, I am not sure of this, it is just a guess. Any help?

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
I was searching on google and it seems that this apk only works if the phone comes with 'spritebud' installed, but I don't have it in my phone. I suppose the phones made until August, 2013 had a rom with spritebud but after that an upgraded rom removed this binary, I am not sure of this, it is just a guess. Any help?

You can try it anyways...either that or use something lik PingPong Roor, etc... I hope this still works!!( btw,i got my phone last year and I have root

peragon

May 13, 2015
You can try it anyways...either that or use something lik PingPong Roor, etc... I hope this still works!!( btw,i got my phone last year and I have root

uff, I don't like to test it until I have confirmation that it works ok, I guess I will keep looking for a safe way. Another question: when I install the rom you propose (UltraRom), which partitions are affected in my phone? these are the partitions I have, with label and size in parenthesis:
mmcblk0 (3784704)
mmcblk0p1 x (384)
mmcblk0p2 u (1024)
mmcblk0p3 boot (10240)
mmcblk0p4 recovery (10240)
mmcblk0p5 divxkey (51200)
mmcblk0p6 misc (512)
mmcblk0p7 nv (512)
mmcblk0p8 fota (20480)
mmcblk0p9 reserved (512)
mmcblk0p10 system (1024000)
mmcblk0p11 userdata (1918976)
mmcblk0p12 cache (768000)
mmcblk0p13 persist (7680)
mmcblk0p14 mlt (16384)
mmcblk0boot1 (20480)
mmcblk0boot0 (20480)

Last edited:

peragon

May 13, 2015
uff, I don't like to test it until I have confirmation that it works ok, I guess I will keep looking for a safe way. Another question: when I install the rom you propose (UltraRom), which partitions are affected in my phone? these are the partitions I have, with label and size in parenthesis:
mmcblk0 (3784704)
mmcblk0p1 x (384)
mmcblk0p2 u (1024)
mmcblk0p3 boot (10240)
mmcblk0p4 recovery (10240)
mmcblk0p5 divxkey (51200)
mmcblk0p6 misc (512)
mmcblk0p7 nv (512)
mmcblk0p8 fota (20480)
mmcblk0p9 reserved (512)
mmcblk0p10 system (1024000)
mmcblk0p11 userdata (1918976)
mmcblk0p12 cache (768000)
mmcblk0p13 persist (7680)
mmcblk0p14 mlt (16384)
mmcblk0boot1 (20480)
mmcblk0boot0 (20480)

I have seen that I can send commands to the phone while in downloading mode, and it seams that in that mode I have root permissions because it is possible to flash the device. Now I am looking for a way of sending commands but the main proplem is that I do not know its protocol. This is the source where I have found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
I have seen that I can send commands to the phone while in downloading mode, and it seams that in that mode I have root permissions because it is possible to flash the device. Now I am looking for a way of sending commands but the main proplem is that I do not know its protocol. This is the source where I have found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772

Don't know why you need this...if you wanted to root, there are less-complicated and safer methods(hence, the downloads I gave before)...Also, this doesnt really apply to the Lg L9 versions(as stated in the link). This phone is extremely encrypted(for the link to work, as stated in link, the phone has to beUNENCRYPTED), so, pushing things to it may not even touch the inside of your phone before it hits a blockade. good find for other devices though:good::good:

peragon

May 13, 2015
Don't know why you need this...if you wanted to root, there are less-complicated and safer methods(hence, the downloads I gave before)...Also, this doesnt really apply to the Lg L9 versions(as stated in the link). This phone is extremely encrypted(for the link to work, as stated in link, the phone has to beUNENCRYPTED), so, pushing things to it may not even touch the inside of your phone before it hits a blockade. good find for other devices though:good::good:

you are totally right, I did not read the 4th prerequisite, two more questions:
* when you rooted your p769 did you have spritebud installed?
* which partitions of my phone your rom modifies? I posted before my whole partitions.

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
you are totally right, I did not read the 4th prerequisite, two more questions:
* when you rooted your p769 did you have spritebud installed?
* which partitions of my phone your rom modifies? I posted before my whole partitions.

I had spritebud...not sure how, but I did.
Also, the custom ROM usually modifies all of them. Since most of it is modified, It would be a safe bet to say so

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    p760 4.2 beta install error status 6

For axiel7,
    What version of cwm you use?
    installation aborted, error status 6

installation does not complete. Error status 6

Can be due to this?

ERROR STATUS 6
    This is usually caused by CR/LF EOL(Windows style End Of Line) in updater-script. Change it to LF EOL(Unix Style EOL) using Linux command: dos2unix updater-script, then re-signing the ZIP, will usually fix this error.

sorry and thanks anyway for your work
    As far from others, your rom is just a work of art. Aroma installer, with option what to install and what not, ar just a future for any other rom, only downside it the big rom size, as aproximatly average size ir about 250MB, while i guess its due to aroma installer packed with a lot of apks, its 600MB which kinda takes more time to download, on slow connections, and takes up space on SD, as i and i suppose many other like to keep flashable rom in SD for emergencies. Thats sad you plan on buying new phone, i do have to say p76* are no more competition to others, as it got old, but it still can perform better, that some new phones, i plan on getting a new phone, only when my p760 is killed forever. Hope to see more work from you, as rammar and artas had already left. Keep up the awesome work, i`m still happy i tried using your rom.
    You have to use a root file manager...the odex will not show up on Lucky Patcher, plus if you deleted it, you have to re-odex because it was deleted as well. Anyways, did the System UI work?

Yup, used Root Explorer and still nothing. Problem is once I try re-installing Google Keyboard it no longer appears on Lucky Patcher for me to odex. It did it once the very first time I tried it and figured the odex would be somewhere, but it wasn't anywhere. Tried uninstalling GKeyboard and reinstalling but no matter what I do it no longer shows up on the list of apps in Lucky Patcher.

As for the System UI, I didn't try it because I'm worried it'll mess the system up and as it is right now the phone is pretty stable so I can deal with it. I just turned the status bar to hidden so it's no biggie. Thanks for the help though,