Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

The IronRom, for both Variants of the Tab S 10.5 (T800 and T805) and Tab S 8.4 (T700 and T705)

iron_man2.jpg

Click link here>> IronROM

Last edited:

skbest11

Dec 29, 2010
how do i add all apps to Multiwindow? and how do i do 4 screen at once? because when i try to edit the multiwindows, some apps are not shwoing.
BTW, i'm on V2.1 and loving the rom so far.

Thanks inadvance.

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
how do i add all apps to Multiwindow? and how do i do 4 screen at once? because when i try to edit the multiwindows, some apps are not shwoing.

Thanks inadvance.
At the moment you can only add the apps that are shown, because we need xposed for all apps.
For 4 apps, just make it as you do it with 2 apps. But you can add a third and a fourth :)

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Just installed iron Rom for kitkat to check it out, everything went smoothly with the install and seems to be running great.
However I am no longer able to use the free xda app. Always get server connection error.
I have reset my hosts file, is there some other method you are using to block ads?
Also why is there a modem.bin file included with the Rom?

skbest11

Dec 29, 2010
At the moment you can only add the apps that are shown, because we need xposed for all apps.
For 4 apps, just make it as you do it with 2 apps. But you can add a third and a fourth :)

Thanks for info:good:

also is adblocker pre-installed? cuz i don't see the adbloker app installed and there are ads on other apps.

Hookmt

Dec 27, 2009

Thanks inadvance.

Actually, you can add the apps you want with MultiWindow Commander. Doesn't need Xposed. It's what I use.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xpe.app.multiwindow.commander

Reactions: Tkkg1994

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Just installed iron Rom for kitkat to check it out, everything went smoothly with the install and seems to be running great.
However I am no longer able to use the free xda app. Always get server connection error.
I have reset my hosts file, is there some other method you are using to block ads?
Also why is there a modem.bin file included with the Rom?

Hello?

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus

Hmmm. I am using the xda premium app which is similar to xda free. Have you tried reinstalling and wiping the app? I usually get those errors when my connection is slow. If that doesn't work, the only thing I can suggest is find an older version of Tapatalk in the Web browser since the new Tapatalk ui sucks.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Hmmm. I am using the xda premium app which is similar to xda free. Have you tried reinstalling and wiping the app? I usually get those errors when my connection is slow. If that doesn't work, the only thing I can suggest is find an older version of Tapatalk in the Web browser since the new Tapatalk ui sucks.

Premium works fine as it has no ads. It's something to do with ad blocking.

EDIT: Never mind, for whatever reason it seems to be working now? Strange.

Last edited:

ESTIMULO

Nov 14, 2008
When I use chromecast and beginning to cast my screen the system got freeze in a few minutes. Someone has the same problem?
Latest rom and the included kernel

hongkongfbi

Aug 31, 2010
The rom is very amazing. Thanks OP.
However, I would like to ask if there are any way to customize the side bar?
I have installed the Pen window launcher and Pen Window Manager and selected the wanted apps and reboot. But nothing changed afterwards.
Also is it xposed support after the upgrade to v2.2??
Many thanks

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
I have installed the Pen window launcher and Pen Window Manager and selected the wanted apps and reboot. But nothing changed afterwards.
Many thanks

It is not up to the developer of the Rom to fix xposed. Xposed simply doesn't work on Samsung LP roms at the moment.

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
When I use chromecast and beginning to cast my screen the system got freeze in a few minutes. Someone has the same problem?
Latest rom and the included kernel
I never used chromecast, so I can't tell you what could be wrong. You can try the stock kernel.
Are the red underline spell-check enabled in IronRom?

I see that it has been done in this Rom for the Note Pro 12.2.
The normal samsung keyboard is included with the correction of faults
Many thanks
No, xposed has to be supported by touchwiz roms... that is the problem. What do you want to change in your sidebar?
It is not up to the developer of the Rom to fix xposed. Xposed simply doesn't work on Samsung LP roms at the moment.
Exactly, thank you mate :good:

hongkongfbi

Aug 31, 2010
I never used chromecast, so I can't tell you what could be wrong. You can try the stock kernel.

No, xposed has to be supported by touchwiz roms... that is the problem. What do you want to change in your sidebar?

Exactly, thank you mate :good:

Thanks for the reply. Further to my question, I would like to add and drop the apps according to my needs. Is there any solution to modify the side bar if possible?

Thanks again for your kind attention.

MaxDuQc

Mar 17, 2015
Wifi 5GHz not working on T800

Maybe this have been already reported but the Wifi 5GHz doesn't work for me after updating from v2.1 to v2.2
Model T800 with IronKernel.

ntipsmark

May 5, 2015

Thank you for your quick reply and the great work with the rom.

Do you mean that faults with the normal Samsung keyboard have been corrected or do you mean that correction of faults with spelling have been included with your rom - i.e. are the red underline spell-check enabled in IronRom?

As I understand it the red underline spell-check have been crippled by Samsung on the TouchWiz level and not the keyboard level. If the Spell Check Mod is enabled in IronRom one will have red underline spell-check no matter what keyboard you use.

dbaler

Jul 5, 2012
Calgary
Hello, I am having some trouble interpreting steps.
For some context, I have rooted my 805W and have the latest TWRP on it. Running 4.4.2 Kitkat
The stock firmware ODIN flash failed for me.
The guide says to install twrp, I already have it. How should I got about putting the lollipop bootloader on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

The IronRom, for both Variants of the Tab S 10.5 (T800 and T805) and Tab S 8.4 (T700 and T705)

iron_man2.jpg

Click link here>> IronROM
    Tried to download the T805 one 3 times now. No clue how to install it. There is no MD5.

Would love to try the rom, but if there's no way to install...

any instructions, or a proper downloadlink for 805 (10.5" WIFI + LTE)

Might be helpful to know how you are trying to install it and what is not clear to you about the instructions given in the OP of the ROM thread here:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/prerooted-stock-touchwiz-rom-t2973107

Where it gives the instructions as (I'm assuming you are going for the latest lollipop version) :

1. Download the rom and put it on your tab/sd card
    2. Are you already on lollipop? If yes, no need to do anything here, if no:
    - Flash stock firmware with odin, follow the instructions here:XDA Lollipop Link
    - If Odin fails, flash TWRP recovery from here: TWRP Recovery
    - This steps are important, to get the lollipop bootloader!
    3. NEXT STEP FOR ALL USERS: Enter your recovery (if you don't have one, it is time now to install this one here: TWRP)
    4. Make a nandroid backup/backup of your apps
    5. Wipe everything off your tab
    6. Install the new IronRom
    Xposed is not working at the moment (on all samsung based roms...)

Without details, it is really hard to know what isn't working for you.

Basically, the instruction above say you need to have installed the lollipop factory image to get the proper bootloader. If you have already done that, then simply follow steps 3-6.
    Could someone enlighten me and write down the correct procedure for updating from 2.1 to 2.3 via OTA updater?
    Download the rom, put it on your external SD card, got to recovery, wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data and internal data. Flash the rom :)
    great to see aroma working again.. would love to see debloat options added to some of the questions about video players and browsers and whatnot. I'm just going to end up having to manually remove all the options you listed anyways.. i like my system a very specific way..
    i'd be so pleased if you could really whittle the os footprint down to nothing in a stable manner and add the option to use the skyhigh kernel.
    i finally created an account just to thank you and make this suggestion.. been using this forum for years.
    ---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------
    please please! include f2fs support in next release. add some tweaks in there for it.. it's so much more efficient for solid state...
    I think I will keep the current aroma installer as it is at the moment, we will see. Skyhigh kernel can not be used, because the dev don't want that someone includes his kernel in roms, and I understand him. He has the rights to say that. It's his kernel.
    About f2fs, I wanted to do something like this.
    after Galaxy Tab S logo from booting

i've flashed from stock rom
    after I flashed iron rom v2.1
    Galaxy Tab S logo appeared and hard keys flashed it's lights two times and black screen occured.

am I the only one who experienced this? I'm using t705 by the way
    The new version V2.1.1 is fixing this mate :)
    Hey, how can I sort the apps in the app drawer? I have 3 pages of apps after removing some, but they're only half filled on each page or so. Can I minimize the space, and have any sort of option to re-sort them to take fewer pages? I can't find any option.

I'd also like a good music player, other than Google Music. Anything recommended?

Edit: I'm om IronRom 2.3 10.5" - 805 model
    About music player, I use PlayerPro, best one I've ever used.
    Click on the three dots and hit edit, now you can do whatever you want with your icons.
    After installing 2.1 Ironman on my T800 from Blisspop 3.2, I get stuck at the 1st boot screen... any ideas? :(
    Yes, I assume you don't have a lollipop bootloader, it is a MUST to flash the stock lollipop image with odin first if you did not have had stock lollipop before.
    Just installed this ROM with the IronKernel and Xposed in my T-700 and it works fine with no issue. Thanks man.
    ---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------
    Hey guys, so I just installed the Rom with no issue, but I found just one bug after installation. My file explorer/manager shortcut on the home screen does not work. I restarted the table but with no luck. Everything else works good except that small issue. I currently am running version 2.1 on my T700.
    If anyone could help me with this I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks.
    EDIT:
    Got it to work. I just flashed the Rom again but did not install Xposed this time and for some reason it worked. That might not be the fix but it worked for me.
    Hey mate, I know why this is. Not because of xposed, it is because of the Tab A file manager, the launcher tries to call the Tab S file manager, but this has been replaced with Tab A file manager (if you choose it). That is causing your problems.
    thaks ironrom 2.1.1 ok sm705
    No problem mate :good:
    hope everything will go well :)

I did get my device rooted, and this evening I will try and get your ROM installed on it. Dumb question though. Are there major differences between stock rooted and your ROM?
    No it is the same.
    OF COURSE there are differences, otherwise we wont need a rom... look at the main thread :)
    All stuff is written there
    So you recommend dirty flashing? Is there no way to clean flash?
    I recommand you: 1. TWRP installed
    2. Have to rom on your external SD card
    3 wipe, advanced wipe, wipe system, data and internal data
    4. flash the rom!