[Q&A] [ROM][STABLE][TW][SM-T70X][SM-T80X]IronRom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alexeyp

Sep 28, 2015
The first step is to switch to download mode. Press simultaneously Volume Down, Home, and Power, and wait for download mode.
Then, you can simply connect the phone to Windows computer, start Kies, and select Update Firmware.
Or, you can flush whatever you want through Odin, includung TWRP.

UNHOLYII

Jun 18, 2016
Potentially hoping some can help me I've done manual wipe each attempt I've tried full wipe clean install and dirty install each time it formats system and that's it but iron rom 2.5 installs fine .. same with phoenix so I know aroma is working both roms are designed for the t805 I am doing this on a t805w but end of day only difference is its a Canadian baseband so with phoenix n ironrom 2.5 only bug I get is an unknown baseband and an annoying infinite log Gen from the non working radio but having other t805 aroma install roms working on my t805w with no issues I don't see why this one keeps failing to install
I'm currently on 5.0.2 is the provided boot loader different then the one obtained when updating to stock lollipop if so is there anyway of installing said bootloader without odin as I have no access to a pc to use odin ... and such in twrp when I backup boot partition is that backing up my bootloader just incase the provided boot loader is not compatible with the t805w even tho it should as its the same device with a different baseband/modem/radio

Last edited:

Phreaker47

Aug 1, 2007
Potentially hoping some can help me I've done manual wipe each attempt I've tried full wipe clean install and dirty install each time it formats system and that's it but iron rom 2.5 installs fine .. same with phoenix so I know aroma is working both roms are designed for the t805w I am doing this on a t805w but end of day only difference is its a Canadian baseband so with phoenix n ironrom 2.5 only bug I get is an unknown baseband and an annoying infinite log Gen from the non working radio but having other t805 aroma install roms working on my t805w with no issues I don't see why this one keeps failing to install
I'm currently on 5.0.2 is the provided boot loader different then the one obtained when updating to stock lollipop if so is there anyway of installing said bootloader without odin as I have no access to a pc to use odin ... and such in twrp when I backup boot partition is that backing up my bootloader just incase the provided boot loader is not compatible with the t805w even tho it should as its the same device with a different baseband/modem/radio

Goodness... run-on sentencing gives me a headache... try an additional reboot to recovery between wiping and flashing.

eberhardweber

Jul 29, 2015
Can I use the latest IronRom kernel that comes with IronRom 3 to replace my stock kernel? Would it work with Samsung stock MM?

I am trying to get Magisk Hide working on stock, but MM kernels are like unicorns!

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Can I use the latest IronRom kernel that comes with IronRom 3 to replace my stock kernel? Would it work with Samsung stock MM?

I am trying to get Magisk Hide working on stock, but MM kernels are like unicorns!
I've build ironstock kernel for MM which is exclusivly presented in IronRom you can use it instead of stock :)

PurpleMelbourne

Account currently disabled
Jul 24, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
Hi all,

I'm new to the T805 and this appears to be the mature ROM of choice atm. I have questions for running black themes to make good use of the AMOLED display.

Does this ROM support Overlay Manager Service?
If not then is there another way to use Substratum Theme Engine?
Or alternatively is there another way to get black themes working?

I've spent 6 hours today reinstalling IronROM trying to get black apps and themes working. Now with 18% battery I think its time to post to XDA for help ;)

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Hi all,

I'm new to the T805 and this appears to be the mature ROM of choice atm. I have questions for running black themes to make good use of the AMOLED display.

Does this ROM support Overlay Manager Service?
If not then is there another way to use Substratum Theme Engine?
Or alternatively is there another way to get black themes working?

I've spent 6 hours today reinstalling IronROM trying to get black apps and themes working. Now with 18% battery I think its time to post to XDA for help ;)

+1

BoosterSilver

May 8, 2012
Nvidia Shield
Upgrading from v1.9.7 to 3.2

Hi I'm currently on IronRom v1.9.7. Is this upgrade process described in the op of the Rom page the correct one to come from KitKat? I just want to make sure I get it right.
0. MAKE A BACKUP IN TITANIUM BACKUP
1. Download the rom and put it to your SD card or internal storage
2. Download latest bootloader and modem for SM-T805 and bootloader only for SM-T800
3. Boot into download mode, download latest Odin available and flash BL in BL tab and CP in CP tab
4. Make sure you use most recent TWRP which can be found here.
5. Flash TWRP with odin in AP tab
6. Boot into recovery using: home+power on + volume up
7. Select wipe, advanced wipe: data, cache, dalvik-cache and system
8. Install the rom (in aroma select "dirty flash", otherwise you may have problems!)
9. After rom installation reboot and wait around 20 minutes till the tab boots up
10. Enjoy MM on your Tab S!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

The IronRom, for both Variants of the Tab S 10.5 (T800 and T805) and Tab S 8.4 (T700 and T705)

iron_man2.jpg

Click link here>> IronROM
    Tried to download the T805 one 3 times now. No clue how to install it. There is no MD5.

Would love to try the rom, but if there's no way to install...

any instructions, or a proper downloadlink for 805 (10.5" WIFI + LTE)

Might be helpful to know how you are trying to install it and what is not clear to you about the instructions given in the OP of the ROM thread here:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/prerooted-stock-touchwiz-rom-t2973107

Where it gives the instructions as (I'm assuming you are going for the latest lollipop version) :

1. Download the rom and put it on your tab/sd card
    2. Are you already on lollipop? If yes, no need to do anything here, if no:
    - Flash stock firmware with odin, follow the instructions here:XDA Lollipop Link
    - If Odin fails, flash TWRP recovery from here: TWRP Recovery
    - This steps are important, to get the lollipop bootloader!
    3. NEXT STEP FOR ALL USERS: Enter your recovery (if you don't have one, it is time now to install this one here: TWRP)
    4. Make a nandroid backup/backup of your apps
    5. Wipe everything off your tab
    6. Install the new IronRom
    Xposed is not working at the moment (on all samsung based roms...)

Without details, it is really hard to know what isn't working for you.

Basically, the instruction above say you need to have installed the lollipop factory image to get the proper bootloader. If you have already done that, then simply follow steps 3-6.
    Could someone enlighten me and write down the correct procedure for updating from 2.1 to 2.3 via OTA updater?
    Download the rom, put it on your external SD card, got to recovery, wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data and internal data. Flash the rom :)
    great to see aroma working again.. would love to see debloat options added to some of the questions about video players and browsers and whatnot. I'm just going to end up having to manually remove all the options you listed anyways.. i like my system a very specific way..
    i'd be so pleased if you could really whittle the os footprint down to nothing in a stable manner and add the option to use the skyhigh kernel.
    i finally created an account just to thank you and make this suggestion.. been using this forum for years.
    ---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------
    please please! include f2fs support in next release. add some tweaks in there for it.. it's so much more efficient for solid state...
    I think I will keep the current aroma installer as it is at the moment, we will see. Skyhigh kernel can not be used, because the dev don't want that someone includes his kernel in roms, and I understand him. He has the rights to say that. It's his kernel.
    About f2fs, I wanted to do something like this.
    after Galaxy Tab S logo from booting

i've flashed from stock rom
    after I flashed iron rom v2.1
    Galaxy Tab S logo appeared and hard keys flashed it's lights two times and black screen occured.

am I the only one who experienced this? I'm using t705 by the way
    The new version V2.1.1 is fixing this mate :)
    Hey, how can I sort the apps in the app drawer? I have 3 pages of apps after removing some, but they're only half filled on each page or so. Can I minimize the space, and have any sort of option to re-sort them to take fewer pages? I can't find any option.

I'd also like a good music player, other than Google Music. Anything recommended?

Edit: I'm om IronRom 2.3 10.5" - 805 model
    About music player, I use PlayerPro, best one I've ever used.
    Click on the three dots and hit edit, now you can do whatever you want with your icons.
    After installing 2.1 Ironman on my T800 from Blisspop 3.2, I get stuck at the 1st boot screen... any ideas? :(
    Yes, I assume you don't have a lollipop bootloader, it is a MUST to flash the stock lollipop image with odin first if you did not have had stock lollipop before.
    Just installed this ROM with the IronKernel and Xposed in my T-700 and it works fine with no issue. Thanks man.
    ---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------
    Hey guys, so I just installed the Rom with no issue, but I found just one bug after installation. My file explorer/manager shortcut on the home screen does not work. I restarted the table but with no luck. Everything else works good except that small issue. I currently am running version 2.1 on my T700.
    If anyone could help me with this I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks.
    EDIT:
    Got it to work. I just flashed the Rom again but did not install Xposed this time and for some reason it worked. That might not be the fix but it worked for me.
    Hey mate, I know why this is. Not because of xposed, it is because of the Tab A file manager, the launcher tries to call the Tab S file manager, but this has been replaced with Tab A file manager (if you choose it). That is causing your problems.
    thaks ironrom 2.1.1 ok sm705
    No problem mate :good:
    hope everything will go well :)

I did get my device rooted, and this evening I will try and get your ROM installed on it. Dumb question though. Are there major differences between stock rooted and your ROM?
    No it is the same.
    OF COURSE there are differences, otherwise we wont need a rom... look at the main thread :)
    All stuff is written there
    So you recommend dirty flashing? Is there no way to clean flash?
    I recommand you: 1. TWRP installed
    2. Have to rom on your external SD card
    3 wipe, advanced wipe, wipe system, data and internal data
    4. flash the rom!