Search This thread

pavel.bosco

Oct 18, 2014
Moscow
where is 16/10 nightie?

#Added 16/10
#NOT Tested

Last commit:

I only see 17/10 night build and surprisingly links to 18/10, althrough these 18/10 links leands to 404 - page not found.

I'm asking because I believe something goes wrong with latest build.
my android.phone app keeps crashing all the time even after I reinstall M11 from scratch.
and maybe it's only a side effects of my todays experiments, but after fastboot flash boot boot.img I see that HBOOT still stays with version 2.15, instead of expected 2.16.
is it normal? or is it my own fault?

F-L-Y-E-R

Jan 15, 2011
London
I only see 17/10 night build and surprisingly links to 18/10, althrough these 18/10 links leands to 404 - page not found.

my android.phone app keeps crashing all the time even after I reinstall M11 from scratch.
and maybe it's only a side effects of my todays experiments, but after fastboot flash boot boot.img I see that HBOOT still stays with version 2.15, instead of expected 2.16.

Check both links and double check the latest files:
https://drive.google.com/?usp=chrome_app#folders/0B_THDHRTYTJTQlBlb0lqYXJjTWs
http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=2604#downloads

The ROM in this thread is made for HBOOT 2.16 users, if you have HBOOT 2.15, this ROM isn't compatible with your firmware. There's official CM11 thread for HBOOT 2.15
Basically if you're on HBOOT 2.15 you use OFFICIAL builds, if you're on HBOOT 2.16 you use UNOFFICIAL BUILDS.

From what I understand you are referring to CMXLOG, if you have HBOOT 2.16, this is only to show what changes have been made to the ROM as they are identical to what is included in the OFFICIAL CM11 ville builds but you can't download and flash it on HBOOT 2.16. Again it's just to check what has been added to the build.

So because my builds are UNOFFICIAL, I build when I can. For example if the OFFICIAL NIGHTLY was released on 17/10 but the latest commit of that NIGHTLY was merged on 16/10 and straight away I built that, that's why the date differs.

Last edited:
Reactions: pavel.bosco

pavel.bosco

Oct 18, 2014
Moscow

The ROM in this thread is made for HBOOT 2.16 users, if you have HBOOT 2.15, this ROM isn't compatible with your firmware. There's official CM11 thread for HBOOT 2.15
Basically if you're on HBOOT 2.15 you use OFFICIAL builds, if you're on HBOOT 2.16 you use UNOFFICIAL BUILDS.

From what I understand you are referring to CMXLOG, if you have HBOOT 2.16, this is only to show what changes have been made to the ROM as they are identical to what is included in the OFFICIAL CM11 ville builds but you can't download and flash it on HBOOT 2.16. Again it's just to check what has been added to the build.

So because my builds are UNOFFICIAL, I build when I can. For example if the OFFICIAL NIGHTLY was released on 17/10 but the latest commit of that NIGHTLY was merged on 16/10 and straight away I built that, that's why the date differs.

thank you for such detailed answer. indeed I felt into huge hole full of interconnected misunderstandings. for some reason I decided that official only supports 2.16 and also makes lot of such wrong assumptions.
I don't know that happens with my official CM11, but really android.phone app on it started to crash again and again after some update. nothing helps.

hopefully my journey finished successfully. I'm now S-OFF, rooted, superCIDed and on HBOOT 2.16 with almost latest nightly _unofficial_ CM11 build. two days lost on that way.

sorry if my post makes any confusion and thank you for your patience and every day job on handling this builds.

pavel.bosco

Oct 18, 2014
Moscow
Just tested SNAPSHOT-M11/PA-GApps (stock package) clean install after factory reset, everything is working fine.
so I'm on 11-20141016UNOFFICIAL-ville. Phone works, no problem, thanks

if I press "system update" I see cm-11-201410[17, 18, 19]-NIGHTLY (3 updates), are they all compatible, i.e. unofficial? or this is not how it's supposed to work with unofficial ROM? is the update procedure for UNOFFICIAL differ from OFFICIAL one?

F-L-Y-E-R

Jan 15, 2011
London

if I press "system update" I see cm-11-201410[17, 18, 19]-NIGHTLY (3 updates), are they all compatible, i.e. unofficial? or this is not how it's supposed to work with unofficial ROM? is the update procedure for UNOFFICIAL differ from OFFICIAL one?

I actually already explained it in the thread, if you read below 'installation instructions' you'll see it:
NOTE: Don't install updates offered by OS as they are official updates and are not compatible with hboot 2.16

Reactions: pavel.bosco

pavel.bosco

Oct 18, 2014
Moscow
Wow, having FM supported sound very promising.
Is it my only experience of sound during the call is really low?
Both loud speaker and phone are difficult to listen during the call.
But navigator application which I use, speaks very loud, just as it did on stock FW.
is a problem with application? How can I tune it to work better?

pavel.bosco

Oct 18, 2014
Moscow
the FM app you mentioned works fine with 16-10-2014 nighty build
thanks for pointing out. I only doubt why it request so lot of capabilities, like root (?), blue tooth, calls and so on
but it seems to work, which is avesome.

pavel.bosco

Oct 18, 2014
Moscow
After I done it my phone is stuck on boot animation :confused:
as I understand, default editor for some reason fails during save of that file, I edited it using laptop and put it back in recovery, setting 755 permission. After that phone boot up successfully.
You can "repair" stucked phone next time with original file from ROM image.
Hey HBoot 2.16 lovers. Have you random reboots sometimes?
yes, I see about 3 times per week, and not sure how much times I just don't see it, since I don't set up any PIN lock
not sure what is the reason and that are the circumstances

pavel.bosco

Oct 18, 2014
Moscow
#Added 08/11
#NOT tested

I couldn't comment on main thread. Just wanna say I flash this ROM and this time sound is much louder, it is such good as it should be.
so if you or someone else have same problem with volume as I did, try this ROM, hopefully it is better.

I've not tried anything else so far, at least it started and could answer and make a call

dsaraiva

Jan 16, 2014
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][OCT-16] CyanogenMod 11 HTC One S [hboot 2.16]

Hi,
I installed CM11 a week ago and I noticed that the phone does not vibrate! Today I did the update to the latest version and still doesn't work .. I have searched on the internet but cant find a solution.
Any tips?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just tested SNAPSHOT-M11/PA-GApps (stock package) clean install after factory reset, everything is working fine.

I actually already explained it in the thread, if you read below 'installation instructions' you'll see it:
    NOTE: Don't install updates offered by OS as they are official updates and are not compatible with hboot 2.16
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone