[Q&A] [ROM][Unofficial][Lollipop 5.0] CyanogenMod 12.0 for S4 Mini 3G & LTE

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][Unofficial][Lollipop 5.0] CyanogenMod 12.0 for S4 Mini 3G & LTE

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][Unofficial][Lollipop 5.0] CyanogenMod 12.0 for S4 Mini 3G & LTE. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

RollerK

Sep 12, 2014
Budapest
Updates?

Hey! I've got two Q's:
-I installed it with CWM 6.0.5.1, and I losed the root acces... The rom is working well, but the root access is not. Can you help with that? (after the inst. finished, the cwm asked something about fixing the root, and I pressed ok...)
-Can we get the updates with OTA?

THANKS FOR YOUR AWESOME WORK! ITS GREAT!

I was wondering what it would be without you... :)

Last edited:

GekkeMitta

Nov 19, 2014
cm lollipop

This rom is awesome man! My only problem is that i cant see on my status bar (heads up or just the bar) that i get en new whatsapp message and gmail for example...do you have any idea what i can do , because its very annoying that i hear the sound of a new message but i can read it on my status bar

some weird problem

Hi everyone, i have a strange problem with my s4mini lte, it sometimes turn itself off and i cant't turn it on until i press power+vol up key, i had that with all the rom i tested and it seems to occur more often in cm12 ( it happpens twice today) do anyone know how to fix it ?

RollerK

Sep 12, 2014
Budapest
Yes I asked about the rooting too...
Will we get root acces, or it is difficult for now? :)
Thanks for your work!

Sent from my cm_serranoltexx using XDA Free mobile app

caginsan

Feb 9, 2014
the rom is excellent but i removed unfortunately :/
because, gear fit manager is not work android L :'(

ruhul5

Mar 19, 2012
malda
same problem occurs for me also in i9192 varient...i downloaded the rom for i9190 3g version as mentioned but status 7 error coming.. @partha da me also from west bengal...nice to see some one with the same device and region

jukyO

Feb 2, 2011
Ogulin
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Hi everyone, i have a strange problem with my s4mini lte, it sometimes turn itself off and i cant't turn it on until i press power+vol up key, i had that with all the rom i tested and it seems to occur more often in cm12 ( it happpens twice today) do anyone know how to fix it ?

Have you considered it is hw problem?

Sent from my cm_serranoltexx using Tapatalk

pedro311

Mar 22, 2014
I9192, rom + fix + gapps + supersu = no problem here with root, or something like that, but I had some FCs here and there, so back to KK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i9195xxucoc1 modem for s4 mini lte serranoltexx

Here I leave the modem i9195xxucoc1 to update by odin .
    according to what I've been testing , the battery lasts a little more than previous versions , and coverage is greater where previously there was no sign

View attachment M8AX_I9195XXUCOC1_MODEM_M8AX.tar.zip

Also I leave my widgets created with zooperwidget and tasker to see what you look like

Screenshot_2015-04-09-17-37-44.jpg
    Sorry for ask it here but I don't find a Q&A topic for kernel 2.3.0.

My question is just for curiosity and it is why most Android (include @F4k) developers are using kernel 3.4 instead of newer version as 3.10, 3.12, 3.14, 3.18 or even the 4.0?

Because you've to adapt all related source code of the device to the kernel version that you choose, this is not easy, and it will require a lot of time, and maybe you'll not get any real gain or advantage, I mean, it will not turn your S4 Mini (in this case) on a Nexus 5, so in my opinion, it's not worth to spend a lot of free time trying to do this.
    If I remember right, Kies work only on stock firmware. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

You're right.
    Hey guys I'm on the latest build and I can't connect to Samsung kies on Mac it says device not responding, does it have something to do with the custom ROM ? Also Does WiFi direct work can anyone confirm thank u!!

If I remember right, Kies work only on stock firmware. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    So far we've got:
    • No sound on incoming calls (not 100% reproductible, and pretty random, from my experience)
    • Wifi passwords lost on reboot (didn't have this issue with the previous builds. Now I have it, just like everyone else here.)
    • Chrome FC
    • Carrier Settings FC
    • Location ON icon in status bar, though the actual Location feature is disabled in settings (seems like it gets stuck in there for some reason).
    • Weather information on the status bar doesn't change according to the settings in CLock widget until the next reboot of the device. For example, switching from Fahrenheit to Celsius, will still show the temperature in Fahrenheit (which is the default) until the next reboot.
    • Message templates can't be imported. When going to a new message -> Import Template -> Message Template, the actual Message Template section is not clickable, nor is it displaying any actual templates.
    • Gesture Typing (aka Swype) doesn't work with the built-in AOSP keyboard, though the feature is activated in settings. Nothing happens when you try to swipe your finger across the keyboard to create a certain word. The letters are just randomly selected. A valid workaround is to download the Google Keyboard from the Play Store.

All these were in the previous builds (since 3/12). Just installed the latest build. Will see which of these bugs still occur.

Why doesn't anyone make a list of these things on the first post so that the dev, whoever it is, can have everything in one place?