[Q&A] [ROM][Unofficial][Lollipop 5.0] CyanogenMod 12.0 for S4 Mini 3G & LTE

Search This thread

rhaprius

Mar 4, 2015
last update

latest update * is the " cm-12.1-20150830-UNOFFICIAL-serranodsxx.zip" lastest update ? i need to update my ROM i am using 0620, which one should I use or when will be the next update ?

thanks

ossi80

Oct 6, 2015
Battery drain with 12.1 snapshot and gapps

Hi!

Flashed cm-12.1-20150901-SNAPSHOT-YOG4PAO23F-serranoltexx and gapps-5.1-arm-2015-07-17-13-29 to my phone and it is working quite nice, just with one big problem:
With stock rom, phone was running 2 to 3 days without recharging, with CM12.1, it goes down to 12 to 18 hours.
In the battery overview, Google-Play services are shown as number 1 power consumption app (highly before 2nd app).
I also re-flashed the device and installed open_gapps-arm-5.1-pico-20151005, but this does not change anything

Any hints what I can do or which settings I have to change to come back to a normal battery live? As I'm not very experienced with this area, I used the settings out of the box.

Thanks for your support,
Ossi

yoelbar

Apr 1, 2011
problems calls

Hi, I tried the new version but has trouble making calls, which must be closed out the application, please arrange the program, the rest is perfect :confused::confused:

yoelbar

Apr 1, 2011
Problem 3G

@F4k I'm using the latest version of the ROM, and have problems with the 3G, when activated, and use the calls I get the notice of lockout "process.android.phone has stopped" and then does not detect the SIM for a few seconds, I keep in 2G for normal use for calls and SIM, hope it is resolved, a greeting! :cowboy:

MrFrem82

Sep 15, 2010
Bologna
Hi guys,

I've tried to find some informations about wifi-direct, but i did not find anything usefull. How it works on this rom? Do i need some third part app?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9195 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kandeman

Apr 9, 2012
i9195 stuck at boot animation

Samsung i9195T

I tried using the latest CM12.1 from F4K - CM-12.1-20151005-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx which appears to work fine for a period of time but after a couple of hours/days any reboot causes it to get stuck at the CM12 boot logo and nothing I can do will resolve it without a full wipe. This install includes performing a full wipe prior to install and no restore of data from any backup.

I have tried the following:

Reflash the ROM from recovery (CWM 6.0.5.1 with Philz Touch)
Reflash an earlier ROM 20150508 from recovery (CWM 6.0.5.1 with Philz Touch)
Both with or without:
- wiping cache
- flashing GAPPS
- F4K kernel

If I perform a full wipe and then reflash any version of the CM12.1 ROM it will work fine in the beginning including letting me reboot successfully but once the phone is fully setup and configured to the way I like it any reboot will get stuck and not allow me to do anything other than boot into recovery.

I’ve performed some research and tried not installing SuperSU as reports suggested it could cause this issue but even without it the same problem occurs. Each time I can either perform a full wipe and fresh install or return to an full back-up of CM12. CM12 from F4K with Kernel 2.26, runs perfectly fine except using Bluetooth in my car causes the phone to freeze and it won’t do anything so I have to reboot. The bluetooth issue is the only reason I want to upgrade to a newer ROM so I either need to get it working or solve the boot issue with 12.1

Any suggestions?

Kandeman

Apr 9, 2012
Problem solved

I wiped and moved to an official CM12.1 snapshot 20151008 and so far no problems. All configured and apps installed and it reboots no problem.

guille18aume

Jan 5, 2009
Hi All.
This ROM is great. The last version works fine on both i9192 & i9195 for me except for one app : Runtastic Libra.
The app crash on start. It was working fine on the previous version. Is there any way to repair this problem ?
Thanks
Guille18

Gwad72

Dec 4, 2015
UsCellular SCH-R980?

I can't seem to locate the UsCellular SCH-R980 on this list of device models for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, which leads me to believe it is actually a GT-I9190? Can someone prove or disprove this? Has any one tried any of the ROMs on a SCH-R980? Thanks!

konradk

Jul 24, 2012
GApps for cm13?

Hi Guys,

First off: Thank you so much F4K, for maintaining this ROM so flawlessly! It has been my daily driver on my I9195 since around CM12 first came out. Stable, smooth and easy on the battery!

Flattery aside now, after the update from CM 12.1 to CM 13 :laugh::laugh::laugh: (I am on 13.0-20151230-NIGHTLY-serranoltexx), Google play services is not working any more. This happened to me when I went from CM 11 to CM 12 as well but was fixed by downloading the corresponding GApps. I have been looking online for the last 3 days for a suitable GApps for CM 13, but every single one I have tried to flash through recovery has failed with "installation error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 1)". I have done a factory reset and cleared the cache, but continue to get that message.
I have tried all of the openGApps packages only (expect the largest two), since all others were linked from websites I don't feel comfortable downloading from.

Now further research indicates this is a problem with the update-binary file in the GApps package saying it is not compatible with my device, but I am not sure how to jimmy it to work, since that was not discussed in the thread, and the solution there was to download a different update-binary file modified for that particular phone (this was from around 2011, in an HTC EVO 3D thread)

Is there a recommended GApps to be used with your ROM, or is there something I can do to make the openGApps packages work?

Thanks again!

rhaprius

Mar 4, 2015
hi

Hello folks, thanks for all the awesome updates you have done.

Where can I find cm13 ?
when i check on my phone settings - about phones - cyanogen updates it says that there are not any updates availables D: I have 1005 rom btw

and does it work on 9192 ?

thanks in advance.

Sebachuck15

Mar 1, 2015
have problem .i didn't have OTA Update for CM 13 .

the phone does not search for updates to the CM 13. The channel update this snapshot . How to switch on nightly? .

Help me!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app

Kannz2

Sep 13, 2014
I read farther back a page or two that this works fine on a i9192 which version of it did you flash?

Kirrrr

Sep 15, 2013
Dear @F4k! Can you please give some advice on how to limit maximum CPU frequency on early boot stage to make phone less hot while booting?

I've tried to use echo 1242000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq through script in su.d. It works but several seconds later this setup is altered by system to default 1728000.
Limiting via thermald conf is an option too but this way is too radical I guess.

Maybe there is a way to persistantly change that default 1728000 to lower value? Via build.prop maybe?

Kind regards!

P.S. Your work is brilliant! I am pretty rough user, my system is full of various addendums but I've got no one random reboot of hang on your firmaware since installed it in last December.
Soory for clumsy English. =)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i9195xxucoc1 modem for s4 mini lte serranoltexx

Here I leave the modem i9195xxucoc1 to update by odin .
    according to what I've been testing , the battery lasts a little more than previous versions , and coverage is greater where previously there was no sign

View attachment M8AX_I9195XXUCOC1_MODEM_M8AX.tar.zip

Also I leave my widgets created with zooperwidget and tasker to see what you look like

Screenshot_2015-04-09-17-37-44.jpg
    Sorry for ask it here but I don't find a Q&A topic for kernel 2.3.0.

My question is just for curiosity and it is why most Android (include @F4k) developers are using kernel 3.4 instead of newer version as 3.10, 3.12, 3.14, 3.18 or even the 4.0?

Because you've to adapt all related source code of the device to the kernel version that you choose, this is not easy, and it will require a lot of time, and maybe you'll not get any real gain or advantage, I mean, it will not turn your S4 Mini (in this case) on a Nexus 5, so in my opinion, it's not worth to spend a lot of free time trying to do this.
    If I remember right, Kies work only on stock firmware. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

You're right.
    Hey guys I'm on the latest build and I can't connect to Samsung kies on Mac it says device not responding, does it have something to do with the custom ROM ? Also Does WiFi direct work can anyone confirm thank u!!

If I remember right, Kies work only on stock firmware. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    So far we've got:
    • No sound on incoming calls (not 100% reproductible, and pretty random, from my experience)
    • Wifi passwords lost on reboot (didn't have this issue with the previous builds. Now I have it, just like everyone else here.)
    • Chrome FC
    • Carrier Settings FC
    • Location ON icon in status bar, though the actual Location feature is disabled in settings (seems like it gets stuck in there for some reason).
    • Weather information on the status bar doesn't change according to the settings in CLock widget until the next reboot of the device. For example, switching from Fahrenheit to Celsius, will still show the temperature in Fahrenheit (which is the default) until the next reboot.
    • Message templates can't be imported. When going to a new message -> Import Template -> Message Template, the actual Message Template section is not clickable, nor is it displaying any actual templates.
    • Gesture Typing (aka Swype) doesn't work with the built-in AOSP keyboard, though the feature is activated in settings. Nothing happens when you try to swipe your finger across the keyboard to create a certain word. The letters are just randomly selected. A valid workaround is to download the Google Keyboard from the Play Store.

All these were in the previous builds (since 3/12). Just installed the latest build. Will see which of these bugs still occur.

Why doesn't anyone make a list of these things on the first post so that the dev, whoever it is, can have everything in one place?