[Q&A] [ROOT][5.x.x] Root for G2 Mini / Lollipop

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROOT][5.x.x] Root for G2 Mini / Lollipop

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROOT][5.x.x] Root for G2 Mini / Lollipop. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

petrovskyz

Jun 14, 2015
D620r rooting issue

So I've followed the steps but it doesn't seem to budge.
Here is what I do exactly, and tell me if I do something wrong.

1. I install the kingroot thingie, and root with it. It instals KingUser and something written in Chinese/Japanese/Korean (can't differentiate between those).
2. I install the SuperSu from playstore (did try with the one in MRW folder as well, didn't do anything different).
3. I attempt to install binaries but it fails (tried rebooting, still the same)
4. Using ES File Explorer I copy the MRW folder to the internal storage.
5. I am installing the Terminal Emulator on play store.
6. Then I'm opening the terminal emulator, type in "Su" (without the ") and hit enter and as a response I get "/system/bin/sh: Su: not found
7. Then for the sake of it I try inputting "sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh
8. As a response I get "mount: operation not permitted java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: killBackgroundProcesses() from pid=10412, uid=10117 requires android.permission.KILL_BACKGROUND PROCESSES" and it follows by several lines of code and that is that.

After that KingRoot, KingUser and the Chinese/Japanese/Korean thingie are still there, SuperSu still can't install binaries and root support is crappy at best. Some things work but most don't since the permissions are managed by KingUser which is really crappy.

Any idea why the thingie won't work?

I have a LG G2 Mini, with Lollipop 5.0.2 bought from T-Mobile, updated it to Lollipop myself.

When I had it on KitKat I had proper root managed by SuperSu.

Reactions: gesher

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis

1. I install the kingroot thingie, and root with it. It instals KingUser and something written in Chinese/Japanese/Korean (can't differentiate between those).
2. I install the SuperSu from playstore (did try with the one in MRW folder as well, didn't do anything different).
6. Then I'm opening the terminal emulator, type in "Su" (without the ") and hit enter and as a response I get "/system/bin/sh: Su: not found
8. As a response I get "mount: operation not permitted java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: killBackgroundProcesses() from pid=10412, uid=10117 requires android.permission.KILL_BACKGROUND PROCESSES" and it follows by several lines of code and that is that.

After that KingRoot, KingUser and the Chinese/Japanese/Korean thingie are still there, SuperSu still can't install binaries and root support is crappy at best. Some things work but most don't since the permissions are managed by KingUser which is really crappy.

I have a LG G2 Mini, with Lollipop 5.0.2 bought from T-Mobile, updated it to Lollipop myself.

Try everything from the begining, install Kingroot and without installing SuperSU from market execute root.sh from terminal (with 'su' previously).

petrovskyz

Jun 14, 2015
Yai!

Try everything from the begining, install Kingroot and without installing SuperSU from market execute root.sh from terminal (with 'su' previously).

okay using "su" instead of "Su" did change everything, now SuperSu binaries are installed, KingUser is gone. Thank you! I've been busting my head over typo. -.-

Finally I can start customizing my device now :)

Cheers!

attari16

Jun 20, 2015
I've tried all the ways to root my g2mini d618 but none of them works. even kingroot. when it gets to 70%, it shows me an error saying root failed. i have tried one click root and Root Script v1.2 and any other ways in the net but no luck. can anyone help me plz?

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
I've tried all the ways to root my g2mini d618 but none of them works. even kingroot. when it gets to 70%, it shows me an error saying root failed. i have tried one click root and Root Script v1.2 and any other ways in the net but no luck. can anyone help me plz?

Kingroot needs active internet connection, maybe you switched it off.

Josekis2k

Jun 19, 2012
Maybe Help

I tried this method mor than three times with no results... I tried one more but first installed the superuser.apk inside the MRW folder, not from PlayStore, then runned the root.sh an for my surprise its Working Perfectly! :)
Afther that moved from inside the app to system and it's totally rooted!
(Sorry my english :D :p je)

kongeo

Aug 31, 2013
hi i rooted using kingroot!

it worked! but while i was removing google uselless apps (music,games,g+ etc) i probably missclicked kingroot and removed...

Now i cant gain access to root apps or unroot...

what can i do?

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

D620r rooting issue

Hi, I've been busy trying to root my device (LG G2 mini, LG-D620r, V20, Android version 5.0.2), and I followed all of these steps, and things went fine, I think:

WIth these exceptions:
    - Download binaries' - what does this mean?
    - Turn on your phone - it was never off?
    - Disconnect the phone from USB port - it was never connected? (I just downloaded the Google Drive files straight to my phone)

Now, however, I get frequent notifications that 'Kinguser has stopped', and when I installed Root Checker Basic, it said, 'Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this device'.

I know there is not a lot of info to go by here, but does anyone know what could've gone wrong?! Thanks!!

[edit] This reply is in response to this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/g2-mini/development/root-root-g2-mini-lollipop-t3123652

Try again, I had the same thing except the notification errors. Maybe u wanna try to root directly from your PC with iRoot, it worked for me and Root Checker recognized well
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone