[Q&A] [SM-N910*] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

nicolas0808

Apr 29, 2015
Nicosia
You can still flash back to stock KK 4.4.4 ROM and remove the boot loop (using ODIN).
Visit androidromupdate for a download.
Steps are the same as flashing any other stock ROM. Need help? check forums or ask here and I will reply asap.

PS: I haven't tried the downloads though. Just posting a website providing the firmware.

nemo435

Jul 21, 2015
Help with root for Note 4 Sprint

Hi guys, feeling frustrated. I rooted my note 3 all legit with custom roms and thought I would do my note 4 real quick to get xmod and a few other little things......but it doesn't seem to be working. I have turned off the reactivate in settings/security and followed chainfire instructions, stays in the downloading screen, when I flash it doesn't autoreboot so I tried it all over again and did the power up home and then reboot and seems to have kicked the knox off but still doesn't have root access. Thanks for any help

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 346

DjayAnkit

Jul 21, 2015
Delhi
Google Play Not Working

Hi

I Just rooted my Note 4 SM-N910P and it seems that google play has stopped working. What Should I do to get this fixed ?

DjayAnkit

nemo435

Jul 21, 2015
So...Make sure that you have all the update Samsung Drivers AND the Samsung Kies software once I had all of those it recognized the comm port and saw it in Odin and was good to go at that point. Hopefully that helps someone

Hi guys, feeling frustrated. I rooted my note 3 all legit with custom roms and thought I would do my note 4 real quick to get xmod and a few other little things......but it doesn't seem to be working. I have turned off the reactivate in settings/security and followed chainfire instructions, stays in the downloading screen, when I flash it doesn't autoreboot so I tried it all over again and did the power up home and then reboot and seems to have kicked the knox off but still doesn't have root access. Thanks for any help

denkhongduong

Dec 2, 2014
Need help for Root Note 4 N916L

I've tried to root my N916L (LG Korea) by flash openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0 via ODIN then access recovery by adb and install UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46 (or UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.45) but always failed with this error:

E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Install complete

Then the phone reboots normally but no SuperSU installed in system and root checker says no root. Can anyone help me?

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Sorry, I find no CF-Auto-Root for my model.

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Was wondering if/when you will have one available for sm-n910a

CF-AutoRoot can not work on ATT note 4. The way it works is to temporarily flash a custom recovery, flash root and then re-flash the stock recovery. ATT Note 4 has a locked bootloader.....so flashing is not possible. Only a Temporary Root is possible on retail Verizon and ATT....they are booth "Write Protected"....so any changes revert on reboot.

Sent from my SM-N910V / VZW Note 4 DE / Factory Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted / Custom Kernel-ed/ TWRP 2.8.7.0.trltevzw

lilram

Mar 20, 2014
chainfire autoroot for sprint note 4 5.1.1

Hello I recently updated my note 4 to 5.1.1 lollipop and when I use the chainfire root I get stuck in a bootloop. Anyone else have this problem.

I also tried too root with beastmode but all I get are signature errors and verification errors
What do you guys think

Now that I think of it the Odin verison included with the root is an older verison could that be a cause?

andywright

Aug 20, 2015
Galaxy Note 4 SM-9108V

Hi,

I am not new to rooting but its been a while since I did one.

I have a Galaxy Note 4 SM-9108V from China. I wanted to root it as it doesn't have the google play Store, and installing the apk puts the app on there but it wont run.

I had read the forums and I understood that I didn't need a custom rom, just to root the stock rom, and install GAPPs using a zip from the SD card.

I used the CF-autoroot from here with Odin 3.07, and it seemed to work ok (SU is installed and will run)

However, when I put the phone in recovery mode and try to install GAPPs (gapps-lp-20150222-signed.zip) I get an error :

"E:failed to verify whole-file signature"
"E:signature verification failed"

I have tried downloading again and checking the md5, all looks ok.

The only other thing I noted is that when I boot into recovery, it shows a 'DM-Verity verification failed error', but my phone seems to be working fine.

• Am I trying it the wrong way, do I need to have a custom rom installed or can this be done with a rooted stock rom ?
  • I had wondered if flashing the SM-910F BTU rom would work (as the hardware is identical), but I read that would not work.

Any help would be appreciated now I have rooted the device
cheers
Andy

Shi.9k

Aug 24, 2015
Worked fine

Just rooted successfully using CF-Auto-Root for SM-N910C (MD5: c42eb2d4c0e83df4dc8319b2a066c8c3).
For reference, my Note 4 build is LRX22C.N910CXXU1BOE1 (Exynos, South America).
Thank you Chainfire!

Reactions: toenail_flicker

andyniri

Apr 25, 2011
autoroot

I have follow step by step and rooted my note 4 but now is on bootloop and unable to load any rooms nor re root. what can I do, thanks in advance.

pimpl

Aug 6, 2014
Root for the SM-N910C version running 5.0.1

Hey there, is there any auto-root version for the SM-N910C variant of the Note 4 running 5.0.1? On the (official???) Homepage: https://autoroot.chainfire.eu/ I just fpunt one version, which is for the 4.4.4. Kitkat firware..

Also, I can not root via auto-root using odin - i think it's because of the Root-Lock! But I really cannot turn that thing off! I trarted a thread for this problem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/help/how-to-destroy-reactivation-lock-sm-t3186815

Can You help me?
Thank you in advance!

pimpl

Aug 6, 2014
Root for the SM-N910C version running 5.1.1

I just got the 5.1.1 - Lollopop-Update for my SM-N910C. How can I root it?? Is it possible to root it using an older version?
.. Well, actually it would be cruical and absolutely urgent to hav a rooted device right now at that moment..

glowerita

Apr 16, 2012
Udine (Italy)
Hi guys!
A question: need to use ''Triangle away'' after flash CF-Root'' on Galaxy Note 4 (SM 910F)?

...mean to say... Does triangle appear after flash? If yes... Can I use Triangle Away ? :)

justvalencia

Jun 29, 2012
Hi everyone. I was about to root my note 4 (n910c) but hesitate because i read that when the unit is bootlocked it can result to a hard brick. I tried searching how to know if i have a bootlocked but no result. So my question is how do i know if my device is bootlocked? i'm from PH by the way so i can't tell if my unit is bootlocked just by knowing the mobile carrier

roaring from the beast NOTE 4(N910C)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

I having problem with rooting my note 4 SM-910f using odin

<ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> recovery.img
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/003> cache.img.ext4
    <ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

and on the phone

SECURE CHEKC FAIL : recovery

i need some help
    Is reactivation lock uncheked in your security settings?? Mke sure it is unchecked

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Thanks man :)

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

How to install CWM, its an iso and not a .tar file,
    How to do this?

I recommend twrp for you

Flash 2.6.6.0 tar file via odin:

http://dl.twrp.me/trltexx/
    Will I be able to instal xposed on my note after doing this cf-auto root?

If you root on lollipop you cannot install xposed (not yet atleast for now). If you root on kitkat you can install xposed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910C) using the XDA Free mobile app.
    It takes longer to type "Thanks" than to press the button. Make your life easier :D

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Hi, looking to buy you a beer but no N910A root available yet? For the ATT Note 4

You cannot root the N910A variant because AT&T has locked its bootloader.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910C) using the XDA Free mobile app.
    It takes longer to type "Thanks" than to press the button. Make your life easier :D
    Well i got the 910F,

i do everything right, installed the lastest drivers and i picked the right modelnumber.
    I am in develop mode and i selected USB debugging but nobody helps i think.

But it fails everytime,
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Removed!!
    <ID:0/003> Removed!!
    <ID:0/004> Added!!
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> recovery.img
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> cache.img.ext4
    <ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Can somebody help me ?

Turn reactivation lock off under security settings. If u use 4.4.4, flash this file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07a1xljic42nkdb/CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.zip?dl=0
    Caution using CF-Auto-Root 4.4.4 on SM-N910F Lollilpop 5.0.1

Caution to folks who update to Lollipop 5.0.1 with Keis or Odin on the SM-N910F and then use CF-Auto-Root for 4.4.4.
    The process will downgrade the recovery from the 5.0.1 stock recovery to the stock 4.4.4 recovery.
    No idea if that will cause issues. Just thought I'd point it out.
    So maybe best to wait on Chainfire to update CF-Auto-Root.

Stock 5.0.1 recovery has these options.

Android system recovery <3e>
    LRX22C.N910FXXU1BOB4

Volume up/down to move highlight;
    power button to select.
    ----------------------------------
    reboot system now
    apply update from ADB
    apply update from external storage
    apply update from cache
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition