[Q&A] [SM-N910*] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

norman999

Oct 13, 2015
Hi everyone. I was about to root my note 4 (n910c) but hesitate because i read that when the unit is bootlocked it can result to a hard brick. I tried searching how to know if i have a bootlocked but no result. So my question is how do i know if my device is bootlocked? i'm from PH by the way so i can't tell if my unit is bootlocked just by knowing the mobile carrier

roaring from the beast NOTE 4(N910C)

Don't be hesitate sir..I'm pinoy. just follow this link:D

[How To]ROOT for NOTE 4 (ALL NOTE 4 EXYNOS versions) - KITKAT & LOLLIPOP WORKING
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/root-note-4-sm-n910c-t2977948

Last edited:

Sin07

Jan 17, 2013
there isn't a CF-auto-root for the phone yet. the link is for stock firmware for SM-N916S so he can make one for my phone. unfortunately, my phone is only sold in korea using the sd 810 instead of the sd 805 or the exynos 7...so not much info for my phone and dying to root my phone. :(

Sent from my SM-N916S

I gave up for a while on trying to root my phone as I still can't find good information on how to root it and still no auto-root for my phone. I have found some additional firmware for my phone and was hoping that it could be added to cf-auto-root for the note 4!

http://samsung-firmware.org/model/SM-N916S/

please help me root my phone! :)

Dzounn

Dec 2, 2015
Evening people,

Is there an autoroot file for the N910F on EE yet? I've searched and not been able to find one so I'm assuming no but figured I'd ask anyway...

Thanks in advance

MissinGDeaTh

Feb 16, 2016
Odin "Pass" and when it's rebooted it has SuperSu and everything's okay.
but i can't use any app that requires root + sometimes it says SuperSu binary needs update when i update it it fails..

Wen13

Feb 16, 2016
Note 4 SM-N910G (pls help)

Q&A for [SM-N910*] CF-Auto-Root

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Hi, I am sorry if I have posted at the wrong place as I do not really know how to use this forum. I need help badly as I am lost on what to do. Previously I have rooted my note 4 SM-N910G with kingo root and have used it for about 1 year with no issue. Not sure why after some updates recently, or maybe due to download of games like asphalt 8, need for speed etc... my note 4 shows partial white and black screen, and then goes black screen after I turn on.

I am unable to go into recovery mode to factory reset as it keeps getting stuck at 'starting recovery options' for quite sometime before turning on my phone and thereafter black screen again. My USB debugging option has not turned on, so can I still original stock firmware? Is there anyway that I can turn on USB debugging right now? I also thought to flash CF root (as in to re-root) but it said failed.

As I am not pro in this area, will appreciate step by step guide on how to go about it. Please help and thanks in advance!

Regards,
Wendy

MissinGDeaTh

Feb 16, 2016
well, i have a wierd issue. SM-N910C
flashed the CF auto root, Flashed SuperUser latest version.
it works fine and asks for permesions normally, but no root apps work.
let's say i open Titanium backup for the first time it asks for root permesion i grant it. but it says i don't have root !!! any help please ?

SpChain

Feb 19, 2016
Norway, Lillestrøm
Yes, Hello
i have a Note 4 N910F and im scared of bricking it....
First Here is my phone info

Model N910F

Baseband N910FXXU1COJ3

Kernel

3.10.40-5932638
[email protected] #1
Wed Oct 14 22:16:28 KST 2015

i read on a site i can just download cm autoroot and flash with odin
when on other sites i read that i need to flash a custom recovery and a custom kernel ( i dont want to get that deep into it  )
could someone take their time and explan to me step by step how to root my phone?
and just an extra how to flash exposed ( do i need a custom recovery? )
and in that case and recomendations? I have used TWRP on a HTC phone some time ago.
thanks

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Yes, Hello
i have a Note 4 N910F and im scared of bricking it....
First Here is my phone info

Model N910F

Baseband N910FXXU1COJ3

Kernel

3.10.40-5932638
[email protected] #1
Wed Oct 14 22:16:28 KST 2015

i read on a site i can just download cm autoroot and flash with odin
when on other sites i read that i need to flash a custom recovery and a custom kernel ( i dont want to get that deep into it  )
could someone take their time and explan to me step by step how to root my phone?
and just an extra how to flash exposed ( do i need a custom recovery? )
and in that case and recomendations? I have used TWRP on a HTC phone some time ago.
thanks

If u only need root, simply download the correct file for ur variant, and flash through odin. Very fast... took me less then 1 min, and let it boot, and u r rooted.
Just follow the instructions by chainfire. :)

Custom recovery only needed if u want to flash package zip file (s), e.g custom rom, custom kernel, some mods to rom.
If u just want a root, u don't need this. :)

Xposed need roots, but it is .apk which u can install as normal apk without custom recovery.
:)

Cheers,

kevalpatel92

Jul 21, 2010
Does this updated cf-autoroot file for n910g 6.0.1 works ?has anyone tried? Also is it reverse compatible can I use this file for 5.1.1 also?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

gayanaji

Feb 16, 2012
What should i do to have CF-AUTO-ROOT compatible for N910H running on MM..??

I really need to root my device.. and it's really nice to have CF-AUTO-ROOT on it..

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Asad Khan 2085

May 29, 2014
Sheikhupura
2 days ago i installed latest beta of supersu and i got an error and my note unrooted itself. I rooted it again but after 2 days it just unrooted itself again. Happened to anyone?

SM-N910C 6.0.1

cacingbesar

What should i do to have CF-AUTO-ROOT compatible for N910H running on MM..??

I really need to root my device.. and it's really nice to have CF-AUTO-ROOT on it..

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk
Just flash it, bro....
It is said for 5.1.1, but it actually works for 6.0.1 too. I already flashed it, it is safe.

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

I having problem with rooting my note 4 SM-910f using odin

<ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> recovery.img
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/003> cache.img.ext4
    <ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

and on the phone

SECURE CHEKC FAIL : recovery

i need some help
    Is reactivation lock uncheked in your security settings?? Mke sure it is unchecked

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Thanks man :)

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

How to install CWM, its an iso and not a .tar file,
    How to do this?

I recommend twrp for you

Flash 2.6.6.0 tar file via odin:

http://dl.twrp.me/trltexx/
    Will I be able to instal xposed on my note after doing this cf-auto root?

If you root on lollipop you cannot install xposed (not yet atleast for now). If you root on kitkat you can install xposed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910C) using the XDA Free mobile app.
    It takes longer to type "Thanks" than to press the button. Make your life easier :D

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Hi, looking to buy you a beer but no N910A root available yet? For the ATT Note 4

You cannot root the N910A variant because AT&T has locked its bootloader.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910C) using the XDA Free mobile app.
    It takes longer to type "Thanks" than to press the button. Make your life easier :D
    Well i got the 910F,

i do everything right, installed the lastest drivers and i picked the right modelnumber.
    I am in develop mode and i selected USB debugging but nobody helps i think.

But it fails everytime,
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Removed!!
    <ID:0/003> Removed!!
    <ID:0/004> Added!!
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> recovery.img
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> cache.img.ext4
    <ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Can somebody help me ?

Turn reactivation lock off under security settings. If u use 4.4.4, flash this file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07a1xljic42nkdb/CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.zip?dl=0
    Caution using CF-Auto-Root 4.4.4 on SM-N910F Lollilpop 5.0.1

Caution to folks who update to Lollipop 5.0.1 with Keis or Odin on the SM-N910F and then use CF-Auto-Root for 4.4.4.
    The process will downgrade the recovery from the 5.0.1 stock recovery to the stock 4.4.4 recovery.
    No idea if that will cause issues. Just thought I'd point it out.
    So maybe best to wait on Chainfire to update CF-Auto-Root.

Stock 5.0.1 recovery has these options.

Android system recovery <3e>
    LRX22C.N910FXXU1BOB4

Volume up/down to move highlight;
    power button to select.
    ----------------------------------
    reboot system now
    apply update from ADB
    apply update from external storage
    apply update from cache
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition