[Q&A/T][Kernel][ICS/JB/KK]Dorimanx i9100 Discussion Thread | Non-development posts

Search This thread

lations

Aug 10, 2011
I have a problem with a new install - I've just done a full format of my I9100, installed SlimSaber+gapps, rebooted to recovery, followed by installing latest dorimanx, finally rebooted to system, and now the phone is dying/going black after the initial Dorimanx logo.

So I wiped everything again, reflashed the rom, and it works fine - so Dorimanx is the problem here. I just used the latest version from dorimanx's site, which is Kernel_Dorimanx-V10.44v008-[08-39]-[27-12]-JB-SGII-PWR-CORE.zip

Is this a problem with this particular version of Dorimanx? What can I do? And finally, is there any drawback to me simply flashing a new kernel over the top of my current installation, or are there benefits to flashing the kernel simulaneously with a fresh install of the ROM?

Last edited:

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Hi there, i9100 guys :)

I never owned this phone myself, I've rooted and flashed ROMs few times already. I will flash again friend's S2 soon. I would like to flash Dorimanx kernel, but regarding the compatibility I'm not sure how are you checking if the phone has maliv1 or maliv2?

Is there a special ADB command or are you using system analytics apps for that? Thanks in forward if someone answers.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

Last edited:

Saber

Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Hi there, i9100 guys :)

I never owned this phone myself, I've rooted and flashed ROMs few times already. I will flash again friend's S2 soon. I would like to flash Dorimanx kernel, but regarding the compatibility I'm not sure how are you checking if the phone has maliv1 or maliv2?

Is there a special ADB command or are you using system analytics apps for that? Thanks in forward if someone answers.

If the phone has kitkat rom installed, it will be mali v3. If it's stock rom, mali v1. If it's android 4.2-4.3, it will probably be mali v2. To be more specific, the best version to choose for kitkat is 10.44 v008 by cybernetus. The best version for android 4.1.2 and stock JB is 8.44 v004 by computoncio.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
I have a problem with a new install - I've just done a full format of my I9100, installed SlimSaber+gapps, rebooted to recovery, followed by installing latest dorimanx, finally rebooted to system, and now the phone is dying/going black after the initial Dorimanx logo.

So I wiped everything again, reflashed the rom, and it works fine - so Dorimanx is the problem here. I just used the latest version from dorimanx's site, which is Kernel_Dorimanx-V10.44v008-[08-39]-[27-12]-JB-SGII-PWR-CORE.zip

Is this a problem with this particular version of Dorimanx? What can I do? And finally, is there any drawback to me simply flashing a new kernel over the top of my current installation, or are there benefits to flashing the kernel simulaneously with a fresh install of the ROM?

There isn't any problem with dorimanx 10.44 v008. Did you let your phone boot to rom first then restart to recovery to flash the kernel? Did you use kernel wipe script after install rom then flash dorimanx kernel? I usually flash kernel after installing the rom, not at the same time (that's so I know what element is causing the issue like bootloop etc.)

Reactions: tetakpatak

lations

Aug 10, 2011
If the phone has kitkat rom installed, it will be mali v3. If it's stock rom, mali v1. If it's android 4.2-4.3, it will probably be mali v2. To be more specific, the best version to choose for kitkat is 10.44 v008 by cybernetus. The best version for android 4.1.2 and stock JB is 8.44 v004 by computoncio.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

There isn't any problem with dorimanx 10.44 v008. Did you let your phone boot to rom first then restart to recovery to flash the kernel? Did you use kernel wipe script after install rom then flash dorimanx kernel? I usually flash kernel after installing the rom, not at the same time (that's so I know what element is causing the issue like bootloop etc.)

After installing rom I rebooted back into recovery, as per instructions from a senior member, and flashed dori. I even tried a second time the same method, but with hawker's kernelwipe in between.

Are you suggesting I should try to flash it again now that I've been using the ROM via stock?

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
After installing rom I rebooted back into recovery, as per instructions from a senior member, and flashed dori. I even tried a second time the same method, but with hawker's kernelwipe in between.

Are you suggesting I should try to flash it again now that I've been using the ROM via stock?
Do you have folder .siyah in /data?
If so...delete it or reset Stweaks profiles via recovery.
Do you happen to have any boot files on root of your internal sdcard ?....if so...delete em'....it may be interfering with kernel....

Sent from my LG-G3/d-855/16Gb/Titanium Black

lations

Aug 10, 2011
Do you have folder .siyah in /data?
If so...delete it or reset Stweaks profiles via recovery.
Do you happen to have any boot files on root of your internal sdcard ?....if so...delete em'....it may be interfering with kernel....

I looked in the root data folder, found nothing related to siyah.

Not sure about boot files - what do I check for?

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
I looked in the root data folder, found nothing related to siyah.

Not sure about boot files - what do I check for?
like plain file related to partitions fix maybe...it's very weird to me that you cannot use the same combo as I did and it was running perfectly for me...but I cannot understand that fact that you can't boot it...dam....do you have stock PIT?
Can you fetch dmesg, logcat, kmsg, last_kmsg via ADB shell when screen goes black?

lations

Aug 10, 2011
like plain file related to partitions fix maybe...it's very weird to me that you cannot use the same combo as I did and it was running perfectly for me...but I cannot understand that fact that you can't boot it...dam....do you have stock PIT?
Can you fetch dmesg, logcat, kmsg, last_kmsg via ADB shell when screen goes black?

I dunno, what's the next step? I'm worried that if I try flashing now, it'll just do the same thing and I'll have to wipe all over again,,.

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne

Thank you mate, I couldn't have imagined any better answer! :)
Which kernel version would be your preference for SlimBean 4.3?
I think I will flash either that or SlimKat (with 10.44 v008) :D

Saber

Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Hi mate. I'm on JB4.1.2 and Dorimnx stable version 8.43.
I want to try 8.44 Version (like you say by computoncio). Where can I find it? Thank. [emoji1]
8.44 version can be found here: www.dorimanx.casoncia.org

10.44 version:
www.dorimanx.cybernetus.com

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Thank you mate, I couldn't have imagined any better answer! :)
Which kernel version would be your preference for SlimBean 4.3?
I think I will flash either that or SlimKat (with 10.44 v008) :D

I think it would be better to flash slimkat since it will run better on our device :)

lations

Aug 10, 2011
make a nandroid just in case...to ease restore process :)

So you've never heard of it freezing at the dorimanx logo? Could it be that I didn't let it boot to system once, the first time? Surely there must be some simple mistake or problem i'm making here..

Saber

Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
So you've never heard of it freezing at the dorimanx logo? Could it be that I didn't let it boot to system once, the first time? Surely there must be some simple mistake or problem i'm making here..

I did tell you to let the rom boot first then once the rom is initialised, install the rom. Especially after having a full wipe, the folders need to be created after first boot (in root directory, etc). So do what we suggested first and report back your findings.

gsstudios

lations

Aug 10, 2011
I did tell you to let the rom boot first then once the rom is initialised, install the rom. Especially after having a full wipe, the folders need to be created after first boot (in root directory, etc). So do what we suggested first and report back your findings.

gsstudios

So essentially what you are suggesting is that Dorimanx Kernel (or potentially most kernels?) require the rom to be booted once first, before they are safe to flash?

If that's the case then that would totally explain why it didn't work for me this time.

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
8.44 version can be found here: www.dorimanx.casoncia.org

10.44 version:
www.dorimanx.cybernetus.com

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I think it would be better to flash slimkat since it will run better on our device :)

Great to know! TY
On the i9000 it was exactly opposite, SlimBean 4.3 works a lot better than SlimKat.

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
Great to know! TY
On the i9000 it was exactly opposite, SlimBean 4.3 works a lot better than SlimKat.

I bet that he didn't mean official SlimKat...as @fusionjack built extremely awesome Sabered SlimKat with a lot of extra sugar added and it's brilliant if you compare JB vs KK .....slim....4.4.4 is less buggy....:)

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
So essentially what you are suggesting is that Dorimanx Kernel (or potentially most kernels?) require the rom to be booted once first, before they are safe to flash?

If that's the case then that would totally explain why it didn't work for me this time.
No. That's simply not true...I always flashed like this:
SSK by @fusionjack - flash
gapps - flash
dorimanx - flash
reboot
works out of the box this way.....but....you might ran into issues like me if you've been charging device while flashing the zips....this condition gave me the same issue ...believe me i'm thinking of how to help you out for 2 dayz now...but apparently everything that I know failed in your case....that's weird to me...now...were you able to grab logs while screen is black....and refresh me please what/which combo are you trying to flash?....I have so many things in my head atm....:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    doriamnx forgot to update title?

i dont forget, i am taking timeout, till kernel settle down and people will do some debug.

i have busy days at my real job, so try to do all you can, or revert to last stable for your rom kernel, or stock.

next update will take time to release.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    Kernel change logs

I see a lot of questions, especially in the development thread, that could be avoided if people read the change logs.
    Since a lot of kernel releases are considered beta versions Dori doesn't update the change logs on the development threads OP with these. This makes it sometimes difficult for people to find them.

In an attempt to bring the number off those repeat “will this work” questions down I made an overview of the change logs of all recent versions including the betas

I will do my best to keep this overview updated whenever a new version comes out.

Kernel change logs:

8.14 + 9.14
    8.13 + 9.13
    8.12 + 9.12
    8.11 + 9.11
    8.10 + 9.10

Older kernel change logs:

Your kernel 9.15 and 16 make by few people bootloop and crashes by dorimanx logo ,and ,or by samsung logo!

Please fixes ........:thumbup::thumbup:

SLIM BEAN - BUILD 5

you are bootlooping your posts.
    dont do that.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    i think we are ready for next kernel.
    so i hope i can release it today.
    my time now 15:38

so check the thread in 6 or 8 hours...
    i hope to finish my job project and get home to upload new versions.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    News update!!!

OK!

Time to move to 4.3 :)

kernel X.38 will support Android 4.3 CM/AOKP (sec or pri rom):)
    and many bugs fixed!

ETA = 2 hours! (maybe less)

4.3.png
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone