[Q&A/T][Kernel][ICS/JB/KK]Dorimanx i9100 Discussion Thread | Non-development posts

Search This thread

lations

Aug 10, 2011
No. That's simply not true...I always flashed like this:
SSK by @fusionjack - flash
gapps - flash
dorimanx - flash
reboot
works out of the box this way.....but....you might ran into issues like me if you've been charging device while flashing the zips....this condition gave me the same issue ...believe me i'm thinking of how to help you out for 2 dayz now...but apparently everything that I know failed in your case....that's weird to me...now...were you able to grab logs while screen is black....and refresh me please what/which combo are you trying to flash?....I have so many things in my head atm....:eek:

Sent from my LG-G3/d-855/16Gb/Titanium Black

Phone wasn't charging while I did it.

This is exactly what I did:

Full wipe
Flash the "Kitkat compatible recovery" from OP
Flash SSK
Flash gapps
Reboot to recovery
Flash dorimanx
(Try to) reboot to system - black screen after dori logo, tried 2nd time and it just froze at the dori logo.
Finally did whole process again but without dori. That's where I am now, but I would really, really like to install Dorimanx.

Edit: I was using Kernel_Dorimanx-V10.44v008-[08-39]-[27-12]-JB-SGII-PWR-CORE.zip and latest SSK (12/21)

How do I get the logs you say you need?

Many thanks for your help

Last edited:

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
Phone wasn't charging while I did it.

This is exactly what I did:

Full wipe
Flash the "Kitkat compatible recovery" from OP
Flash SSK
Flash gapps
Reboot to recovery
Flash dorimanx
(Try to) reboot to system - black screen after dori logo, tried 2nd time and it just froze at the dori logo.
Finally did whole process again but without dori. That's where I am now, but I would really, really like to install Dorimanx.

Edit: I was using Kernel_Dorimanx-V10.44v008-[08-39]-[27-12]-JB-SGII-PWR-CORE.zip and latest SSK (12/21)

How do I get the logs you say you need?

Many thanks for your help
Hey....sorry for late reply....but try this....
Flash dorimanx 10.44v008 on top of whatever you're running now(it doesn't matter )...now when you flash dorimanx do reboot recovery to get into @StanTRC's cwm....Now from @StanTRC'a cwm do a full wipe....advanced wipe....under mounts & storage in cwm...wipe: system/data/cache and flash ROM and Gapps and now w/o rebooting to cwm again flash dorimanx on top....now boot it....this should work..if it'll work i'll try to explain why it works....oh...Good luck..:)

lations

Aug 10, 2011
Hey....sorry for late reply....but try this....
Flash dorimanx 10.44v008 on top of whatever you're running now(it doesn't matter )...now when you flash dorimanx do reboot recovery to get into @StanTRC's cwm....Now from @StanTRC'a cwm do a full wipe....advanced wipe....under mounts & storage in cwm...wipe: system/data/cache and flash ROM and Gapps and now w/o rebooting to cwm again flash dorimanx on top....now boot it....this should work..if it'll work i'll try to explain why it works....oh...Good luck..:)

So basically with your suggestion it sounds like I'd have to wipe and flash ROM/gapps again anyway, so I think i might as well just try and flash only dorimanx first? No?

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
So basically with your suggestion it sounds like I'd have to wipe and flash ROM/gapps again anyway, so I think i might as well just try and flash only dorimanx first? No?
It's mandatory to wipe data partition with dorimanx kernel recovery...I don't know what you will do...but
I recommended that you make nandroid and wipe all with dorimanx kernel recovery then try restoring nandroid after you booted successfully...but try to restore data only....:)

lations

Aug 10, 2011
It's mandatory to wipe data partition with dorimanx kernel recovery...I don't know what you will do...but
I recommended that you make nandroid and wipe all with dorimanx kernel recovery then try restoring nandroid after you booted successfully...but try to restore data only....:)

Sorry, I'm a little confused here - is it not possible to just try simply flashing dorimanx now without me wiping anything?

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
Sorry, I'm a little confused here - is it not possible to just try simply flashing dorimanx now without me wiping anything?
You don't understand ....you must to try wipe data partition with dorimanx recovery once...now...what's the fuss about data...what are you afraid of...?....do you want dorimanx on your device?....I wiped data many times...without any problem....so...it's up to you and that's the only thing I can advise you to do....at least try it!!!

lations

Aug 10, 2011
You don't understand ....you must to try wipe data partition with dorimanx recovery once...now...what's the fuss about data...what are you afraid of...?....do you want dorimanx on your device?....I wiped data many times...without any problem....so...it's up to you and that's the only thing I can advise you to do....at least try it!!!

Dude, take it easy. You're exactly right that I don't fully understand. I was just trying to make sense of the instructions you gave me.

I'd prefer to avoid reinstalling all my apps and settings, which of course are wiped when performing a data wipe (AFAIK). So I thought that it might be possible to simply try flashing dori without wiping that data. That's all I was asking. I really appreciate your help but please spare a thought for the fact that your instructions aren't always 100% clear and that you're sometimes dealing with noobs like me who arent guaranteed to instantly understand everything.

lations

Aug 10, 2011

Alright, so I found some time to try this.

Booted into recovery, flashed dorimanx, rebooted to recovery (dorimanx), wiped data, rebooted to system - no luck, same thing happening. Screen goes black after the dorimanx logo.

I've never had this before either, unless it's been a wrong kernel version or something.

There must be a simple explanation for what's happening here - but I really think I've done the installation like I should, and it's still not working.

Saber

Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz

Booted into recovery, flashed dorimanx, rebooted to recovery (dorimanx), wiped data, rebooted to system - no luck, same thing happening. Screen goes black after the dorimanx logo.

I've never had this before either, unless it's been a wrong kernel version or something.

There must be a simple explanation for what's happening here - but I really think I've done the installation like I should, and it's still not working.

I have PM'd you.

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011

That's most weird thing i've ever seen.....I thought that wiping data with dorimanx cwm would do the trick...but...no...wtf???
I bet that you're right...it must be something simple to explain....but that's beyond my sight....apparently....I hope that you'll find your issue as you know your device best...and I don't have my S-2 to do testing(s) on my own...in fact....i'm really pleased to see that @rovo89 made breakthrough with xposed on LP with ART....holy cow....he said that's working very well and we're getting it soon:D
I'm gonna switch to LP soon now....[emoji14]

Reactions: Zile995

lations

Aug 10, 2011
That's most weird thing i've ever seen.....I thought that wiping data with dorimanx cwm would do the trick...but...no...wtf???
I bet that you're right...it must be something simple to explain....but that's beyond my sight....apparently....I hope that you'll find your issue as you know your device best...and I don't have my S-2 to do testing(s) on my own...in fact....i'm really pleased to see that @rovo89 made breakthrough with xposed on LP with ART....holy cow....he said that's working very well and we're getting it soon:D
I'm gonna switch to LP soon now....[emoji14]

Can I just ask what this means?

As I've never used Xposed before, I thought it was just something to do with modding. But does it mean we'll have a truly stable LP on I9100 soon?

Saber

Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Can I just ask what this means?

As I've never used Xposed before, I thought it was just something to do with modding. But does it mean we'll have a truly stable LP on I9100 soon?

I recommend waiting for a bit longer than usual first. Lollipop is much more heavy with features compared to KitKat. So this means more time will be needed to fix these problems. Sometimes these features are too much for older phones to handle like the aged i9000. Our phone almost fell a victim of this problem too but with hard working developers, we have a few working lollipop Roms. So basically there won't be a stable (and i mean truely stable)version of lollipop anytime soon.

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
I recommend waiting for a bit longer than usual first. Lollipop is much more heavy with features compared to KitKat. So this means more time will be needed to fix these problems. Sometimes these features are too much for older phones to handle like the aged i9000. Our phone almost fell a victim of this problem too but with hard working developers, we have a few working lollipop Roms. So basically there won't be a stable (and i mean truely stable)version of lollipop anytime soon.

It wouldn't surprize me at all if LP will work well on the i9100. Compared to the i9000 it has twice as big memory and dual core CPU instead of single.

In terms of speed, its hardware is similar like Tab 2's, where LP already runs well.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

TheBlackJester

Dec 18, 2014
I've flashed a CM11 Linaro/Sabermod on a friend's S2.

I know this kernel is mystic but i have some questions.

- Which version i must use for that ROM?
9.x mali v2 or 10.x mali v3?
- Can i use the "classic" Performance menu for settings or i must use STweaks?
- Flashing this kernel automatically replaces the recovery? Any problem with it?

Really thanks in andvance guys

N

noppy22

I've flashed a CM11 Linaro/Sabermod on a friend's S2.

I know this kernel is mystic but i have some questions.

- Which version i must use for that ROM?
9.x mali v2 or 10.x mali v3?
- Can i use the "classic" Performance menu for settings or i must use STweaks?
- Flashing this kernel automatically replaces the recovery? Any problem with it?

Really thanks in andvance guys

CM11 has mali v3, so the v10 branch is the one you want.
STweaks gives you more control, but you can use the rom settings. You could even edit the init.d script if you know what you are doing
The recovery is fine, a little outdated. I would recommend rebooting to system after flashing the kernel, then reboot back to recovery and flash the latest philz, twrp, or cwm after anyway

Reactions: TheBlackJester

cryogent

Apr 18, 2011
Bucuresti
Hy, i have some problems with the last dorimanx kernel 8.43 on my wife I9100 and is related to in call microphone which is to low,
i hear the other person very low but environmental noise/voice/etc
is crystal clear and the other person also hears me the same.
The kernel was instaled after clearing the cache and dalvik cache in recovery.
Software is stock rom XWLSS, JB 4.1.2, dorimanx kernel 8.43, I9100 europe.
Is something to enable trough Stweaks or is just related with this kernel.

Saber

Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Hy, i have some problems with the last dorimanx kernel 8.43 on my wife I9100 and is related to in call microphone which is to low,
i hear the other person very low but environmental noise/voice/etc
is crystal clear and the other person also hears me the same.
The kernel was instaled after clearing the cache and dalvik cache in recovery.
Software is stock rom XWLSS, JB 4.1.2, dorimanx kernel 8.43, I9100 europe.
Is something to enable trough Stweaks or is just related with this kernel.

You should be able to increase the microphone volume level via stweaks, but since background noise is louder than person's voice, this usually indicates some sort of software problem, so it could be kernel related. I guess you noticed you posted in an dead thread right? Maybe flashing siyah kernel or Apolo kernel will solve this issue.

regards, gsstudios

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    doriamnx forgot to update title?

i dont forget, i am taking timeout, till kernel settle down and people will do some debug.

i have busy days at my real job, so try to do all you can, or revert to last stable for your rom kernel, or stock.

next update will take time to release.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    Kernel change logs

I see a lot of questions, especially in the development thread, that could be avoided if people read the change logs.
    Since a lot of kernel releases are considered beta versions Dori doesn't update the change logs on the development threads OP with these. This makes it sometimes difficult for people to find them.

In an attempt to bring the number off those repeat “will this work” questions down I made an overview of the change logs of all recent versions including the betas

I will do my best to keep this overview updated whenever a new version comes out.

Kernel change logs:

8.14 + 9.14
    8.13 + 9.13
    8.12 + 9.12
    8.11 + 9.11
    8.10 + 9.10

Older kernel change logs:

Your kernel 9.15 and 16 make by few people bootloop and crashes by dorimanx logo ,and ,or by samsung logo!

Please fixes ........:thumbup::thumbup:

SLIM BEAN - BUILD 5

you are bootlooping your posts.
    dont do that.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    i think we are ready for next kernel.
    so i hope i can release it today.
    my time now 15:38

so check the thread in 6 or 8 hours...
    i hope to finish my job project and get home to upload new versions.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    News update!!!

OK!

Time to move to 4.3 :)

kernel X.38 will support Android 4.3 CM/AOKP (sec or pri rom):)
    and many bugs fixed!

ETA = 2 hours! (maybe less)

4.3.png
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone