[Q&A/T] T-Mobile Unofficial | SENSE 5.5 | JB4.3 |

Search This thread

cyburke

Nov 7, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the hard work on this ROM!

Question - CPU Spy says that it is unable to read the states and to contact the ROM creator. It's anyone able to duplicate this?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
I gave this phone to my dad and did a full factory wipe and reflashed this ROM because I had a custom kernel. One thing he complains about is when he gets a phone call and tries to answer it after a bunch of rings (so like when he leaves it in a different room or something) pressing the answer does nothing and he misses the call.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
I gave this phone to my dad and did a full factory wipe and reflashed this ROM because I had a custom kernel. One thing he complains about is when he gets a phone call and tries to answer it after a bunch of rings (so like when he leaves it in a different room or something) pressing the answer does nothing and he misses the call.

Let him know that when answering the phone while it is locked you do not press the phone button, you swipe it up to answer a phone call.

If the phone is unlocked when the call comes in, however, then he will press the answer button. So, if his phone is sitting in the other room, I assume its locked which means he would need to swipe the icon up, not press it.

Last edited:
Reactions: otariq

ron_e

Dec 29, 2009
Originally Posted by jchinai View Post
I've been using it since release and it has been excellent. Occasionally upon waking all of my icons on the screen will be gone and only the task bar is accessible but this happens pretty rarely and is fixed by a simple restart.

Wifi calling is still working perfectly which is what I cared about the most. Thanks again!

Thanks friend. Glad it's working stable for you for the most part. :thumbup:

Do me a favor give me a few more details in a post over in the troubleshooting thread here:

http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=47053800

I'll see if maybe I can figure out a way to help you. I haven't experienced that issue myself, but maybe we can track it down. My questions would be:

is this only occurring when the phone goes into a deep sleep?
how often does this occur?
are you running any task killers?
are you using power saver mode?
have you tried fixing the issue with a hot reboot as opposed to a full reboot (requires APM mod from post #4)?
how many home screens do you have?
are you using any mods or customisations (besides the ones found in this thread)?

Also any other information you think might be pertinent would be great.

I see the same problem but it is not frequent and I found an easy fix is to just pull down the task bar. It happened to me this morning so it is fresh in my mind.

I am running Nova Launcher
Kernel version 3.4.10-gd6f147e aaron@bella #62 SMP PREEMPT
pretty 'stock' beyond the above.
I have power saver off
I am not running any task killers, in fact I went to sleep last night listening to Tunein Radio pro and woke to blank screen after hitting the power button this morning. After pulling down the task bar and then hitting the back button it went back to the Tunein Radio screen.
Phone was charging.
Lock screen did not appear as it should have. I do not have any sort of pin/password setup, just standard unlock.
It happens infrequently. Might have been a week since last happening.
I just rebooted my phone yesterday but have gone a couple of weeks without a reboot does not seem to be related to reboots at all. Can happen right after or days later.

If memory serves me right, it only happens when the lock screen should appear but does not. There was probably some app on the screen when the screen turned off. Pulling down the task bar and hitting the back button takes me back to app and not the lock screen. It happens so infrequently I am fuzzy on the details and can't reproduce it. My easy work around has made it non issue for me.

Love this ROM!:good: With good signal I can easily go a day without charging and probably get a couple of days if I had to.

hope this helps

Reactions: Behold_this

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
I see the same problem but it is not frequent and I found an easy fix is to just pull down the task bar. It happened to me this morning so it is fresh in my mind.

I have power saver off
I am not running any task killers, in fact I went to sleep last night listening to Tunein Radio pro and woke to blank screen after hitting the power button this morning. After pulling down the task bar and then hitting the back button it went back to the Tunein Radio screen.
Phone was charging.
Lock screen did not appear as it should have. I do not have any sort of pin/password setup, just standard unlock.
I just rebooted my phone yesterday but have gone a couple of weeks without a reboot does not seem to be related to reboots at all. Can happen right after or days later.

If memory serves me right, it only happens when the lock screen should appear but does not. There was probably some app on the screen when the screen turned off. Pulling down the task bar and hitting the back button takes me back to app and not the lock screen. It happens so infrequently I am fuzzy on the details and can't reproduce it. My easy work around has made it non issue for me.

Love this ROM!:good: With good signal I can easily go a day without charging and probably get a couple of days if I had to.

hope this helps

It does help quite a bit, thank you. Here's why:

I think I initially misunderstood the issue entirely. I thought the issue was all icons disappearing from the home screen, but after reading more carefully two or three times I think I'm understanding now.

The issue is the lock screen not appearing, leaving you with a blank screen and only the status bar showing, correct? This is still not anything I ever experienced, so I'm just not sure. It's likely NOT related to the custom launcher but you never know, it might be. I also see that you're using a custom kernel, I'd be curious to see if @jchinai is using custom launcher or kernel as well.

Also check if there are any RAM heavy apps running in the background or multiple apps running at the time. I suspect a ram out kernel issue, but like I said it's really hard to tell as I've never experienced it.

Last edited:

ron_e

Dec 29, 2009
I'm confused as to whether I understand your problem correctly or not. I was under the impression the person you quoted had disappearing icons from their home screen. Sounds to me like you're having a blank screen all together but I'm really not clear on that. If you are experiencing the same issue as I understood it from the other user. Continue reading.

In your case you're disappearing icons are going to be in done way related to using the custom launcher. Now, whether it's the launcher itself or the launcher running within Sense using to much ram, or a compatibility issue with the ROM and the 3rd party launcher. I'm not sure, but I can't offer support for home screen issues on the 3rd party apps. I don't recommend them, I don't include them as an install option, and so I don't offer support for launcher issues suffered by those that choose to use then.

Not that I have anything against people who do run them, or third party launchers themselves (though I admit I don't care for them), I just can't offer indefinite support in my free time, so I MUST narrow it down to stock ROM apps and launchers only, nothing installed from the Play Store.

That being said, if you do have the same problem while running the sense launcher post back.

Didn't intend to muddy the waters, sorry.

It sounded like the same issue to me so I posted my information. It has not been issue for me so that is why I did not bring up before. Easy to work around for me and very infrequent. Just offering info I thought might help.

I understand your position completely. Way too many variations to support them all. I just like consistent home screen feel across devices and I can only achieve that with a third party launcher.

Reactions: Behold_this

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas

It sounded like the same issue to me so I posted my information. It has not been issue for me so that is why I did not bring up before. Easy to work around for me and very infrequent. Just offering info I thought might help.

I understand your position completely. Way too many variations to support them all. I just like consistent home screen feel across devices and I can only achieve that with a third party launcher.

No no no, no apologies, not your fault at all. I completely misunderstood and have totally edited the post you quoted have a look. sorry for not understanding.:D

Last edited:

ron_e

Dec 29, 2009
It does help quite a bit, thank you. Here's why:

I think I initially misunderstood the issue entirely. I thought the issue was all icons disappearing from the home screen, but after reading more carefully two or three times I think I'm understanding now.

The issue is the lock screen not appearing, leaving you with a blank screen and only the status bar showing, correct? This is still not anything I ever experienced, so I'm just not sure. It's likely NOT related to the custom launcher but you never know, it might be. I also see that you're using a custom kernel, I'd be curious to see if @jchinai is using custom launcher or kernel as well.

Also check if there are any RAM heavy apps running in the background or multiple apps running at the time. I suspect a ram out kernel issue, but like I said it's really hard to tell as I've never experienced it.

Yes.
I could see it described as the icons disappearing but in my case I can tell Nova launcher is not displaying anything on the screen either and I can't scroll side to side between home pages. All I see is the taskbar and wallpaper. Pressing the home button does nothing, Pressing the back button does nothing. Almost like the phone partially starts running apps but never gets to displaying the lock screen. Pulling down the taskbar and hitting the back button seems to help it finish "waking up" but takes me back like the phone never locked. Almost like the phone never realized it should be locked so the lock screen does not display and the currently running app thinks the lock should display so it does not display either. Pulling the taskbar down and hitting back gets the current app to display and things move on from there normally.

It could be a while before I see it again so I will check on the memory and such when I can.

Hopefully the original poster or somebody else can also help form a pattern for this. Being computer guy (programming and hardware) I know how much that helps.

Again this not a big issue for me so I would not recommend spending much time on it until you have info.

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
Is anybody else facing wifi disconnects when transferring files over wifi? e.g. I rsync my photos to my server, it keeps on disconnecting after a dozen or so MBs. It never did that before I flashed this ROM. I did update the radio to the latest version provided in the ROM thread.

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Let him know that when answering the phone while it is locked you do not press the phone button, you swipe it up to answer a phone call.

If the phone is unlocked even the call Coors in, however, then he will press the answer button. So, if his phone is sitting in the other room, I assume its locked which means he would need to swipe the icon up, not press it.

Ohh haha okay thanks I'll make sure this is the case. Initially he said he would swipe when the call came but that was when he was using the phone and I knew he had to press the button. I didn't know it was swipe when locked. To be honest I rarely even talk on a phone now it's all texting. But thanks I'll check it and let him know

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Ohh haha okay thanks I'll make sure this is the case. Initially he said he would swipe when the call came but that was when he was using the phone and I knew he had to press the button. I didn't know it was swipe when locked. To be honest I rarely even talk on a phone now it's all texting. But thanks I'll check it and let him know

Sounds good. Glad you were able to get the gist of what I was saying through my typing errors lol. :thumbup:

drkawper

Feb 4, 2012
noob question here i just rooted my phone and its on 4.1.3 if i flash this rom would it update to 4.3 and work fine or would it not work on my phone ?

das7771

May 9, 2009
Plantation
Flashed this rom a couple of days ago. It was running smoothly. Then when superuser tried to update the binaries, I started getting an error message that binaries could not update and app would not restart to recovery. I did a wipe in CWM and tried reinstalling with and without faux kernel and had root for about 5 minutes then started having the same issues again. Tried flashing the latest superuser .zip file and no luck.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Flashed this rom a couple of days ago. It was running smoothly. Then when superuser tried to update the binaries, I started getting an error message that binaries could not update and app would not restart to recovery. I did a wipe in CWM and tried reinstalling with and without faux kernel and had root for about 5 minutes then started having the same issues again. Tried flashing the latest superuser .zip file and no luck.

Use super user 1.65

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
I have a random problem that I can't figure out. I've flashed the rom 3 times with full wipe and the problem always comes back. I really don't know what's causing it.

This is the problem I'm having. Is in the stock message app. If you guys refer to the attached screenshot, you'll see the plus sign to add a contact to message at the top right of the app. Well, when I press it, it does nothing. I'm forced to use hangout which I really do not like for texting because I get a lot of text late or some times I never receive. I want to use my stock messaging app. Anyone else experiencing this problem.

By the way, I'm not flashing any kernels nor mods on top of this rom.

Thanx in advance

((((Attachment bellow))))

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
Screen

Attachments

• 1385677344792.jpg
    1385677344792.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 57

lampel

Aug 28, 2007
Connecticut
I have a random problem that I can't figure out. I've flashed the rom 3 times with full wipe and the problem always comes back. I really don't know what's causing it.

This is the problem I'm having. Is in the stock message app. If you guys refer to the attached screenshot, you'll see the plus sign to add a contact to message at the top right of the app. Well, when I press it, it does nothing. I'm forced to use hangout which I really do not like for texting because I get a lot of text late or some times I never receive. I want to use my stock messaging app. Anyone else experiencing this problem.

By the way, I'm not flashing any kernels nor mods on top of this rom.

Thanx in advance

((((Attachment bellow))))

Did you turn off animations under developer options -> advanced?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: coupetastic-droid

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
Did you turn off animations under developer options -> advanced?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes I did. I always do in every rom. I feel without animation is smoother. But after reading your post I turned it back on and the app is working again. Thanx for your help. Really appreciate it. Was making go nuts not being able to use my messaging app.

I never thought that turning off animation could've had caused the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Click link here>> T-Mobile Unofficial | SENSE 5.5 | JB4.3 | <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP

Sent from my HTC One using DroiDevs Premium Plus

If the phone is unlocked when the call comes in, however, then he will press the answer button. So, if his phone is sitting in the other room, I assume its locked which means he would need to swipe the icon up, not press it.
    Originally Posted by jchinai View Post
    I've been using it since release and it has been excellent. Occasionally upon waking all of my icons on the screen will be gone and only the task bar is accessible but this happens pretty rarely and is fixed by a simple restart.

Wifi calling is still working perfectly which is what I cared about the most. Thanks again!

Thanks friend. Glad it's working stable for you for the most part. :thumbup:

Do me a favor give me a few more details in a post over in the troubleshooting thread here:

http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=47053800

I'll see if maybe I can figure out a way to help you. I haven't experienced that issue myself, but maybe we can track it down. My questions would be:

is this only occurring when the phone goes into a deep sleep?
    how often does this occur?
    are you running any task killers?
    are you using power saver mode?
    have you tried fixing the issue with a hot reboot as opposed to a full reboot (requires APM mod from post #4)?
    how many home screens do you have?
    are you using any mods or customisations (besides the ones found in this thread)?

Also any other information you think might be pertinent would be great.

I have power saver off
    Phone was charging.

hope this helps
    I'm confused as to whether I understand your problem correctly or not. I was under the impression the person you quoted had disappearing icons from their home screen. Sounds to me like you're having a blank screen all together but I'm really not clear on that. If you are experiencing the same issue as I understood it from the other user. Continue reading.

In your case you're disappearing icons are going to be in done way related to using the custom launcher. Now, whether it's the launcher itself or the launcher running within Sense using to much ram, or a compatibility issue with the ROM and the 3rd party launcher. I'm not sure, but I can't offer support for home screen issues on the 3rd party apps. I don't recommend them, I don't include them as an install option, and so I don't offer support for launcher issues suffered by those that choose to use then.

Not that I have anything against people who do run them, or third party launchers themselves (though I admit I don't care for them), I just can't offer indefinite support in my free time, so I MUST narrow it down to stock ROM apps and launchers only, nothing installed from the Play Store.

That being said, if you do have the same problem while running the sense launcher post back.