Q/A thread

rockakhtar

Feb 17, 2012
delhi
This thread is for our new users .......
Who face problems to install roms ...........and many more .........

So I request to all new users post here what ever in your mind , ..
Don't shy to ask basic questions..
Show how curious you are......

So talk more and post here and learn from here ....... so keep posting here ..... if you want share knowledge.... you can ......

Special request to all devs, porters and all senior members ... to help her/him ....... ....

Users most welcome this thread .....

Sent from my A99 using xda premium

Last edited:

rockakhtar

Feb 17, 2012
delhi
I made this thread .. I thought its needed .....

When I was a new user I always shy to ask questions..... I didn't know that how helpful you are ...

So i open this thread for new users to ask basic questions about any rom .. and whatever you wants to know.....comparison ......

Special thanks to paarkhi , vivek, CK ,aben , chelif ... .. many more ...you are always helpful to me .... and all...

I hope it works..... simple users become our main dev ...

Thanks

Last edited:

rockakhtar

Feb 17, 2012
delhi
My intention is, all new user get proper help as they find too many difficult and they don't know where to post ....

Than new mess start.....

So better I make a thread for new users ...

Need your help ...always ...

Last edited:

noobro

Mar 17, 2012
thank you sir to make this thread :))

currently i'm on paranoidandroid, i want to roll back to sharp fix1. but i dunno where to find updates for adreno driver.

can u help me point where? can i use Mr. CK driver posted in his kernel thread for GB?

Reactions: rockakhtar

whyzee

Oct 15, 2011
Chennai
How I can use miui themes and boot animation in other customs roms .. ..???????..

Using themes is tricky. You would have to extract the PNG files and replace them.

For using boot animation open the mtz file with 7zip or winrar. Inside "boot " folder you will find bootanimation.zip. You can easily replace in CM7 in /system/media folder. If u use root explorer don't forget to set rw-r--r-- permission.

Peace
whyzee

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
Get MiHome launcher from play store

How I can use miui themes and boot animation in other customs roms .. ..???????..

To make it look like MIUI you can get MiHome launcher from play store(comes with locker, you can apply its native themes). Also there is a similar launcher called QQLauncher you can try that as well. And of course DxHome as well.

ezio2

Sep 28, 2010
Delhi
www.facebook.com
Simplify steps to install V6 Supercharger Script

Can somebody tell me easy wayout of installing V6 Supercharger Script on PARANOIDANDROID_FIH-FB0-1.6a-SUPERHYBRID-REBORN ???? ( if possible )

i like the fact that it supports Foursquare & no grainy camera pics unlike CM9 rc1...

Arya_3RDNumber

Feb 26, 2012
Madiun, Jawa Timur
Guys,,I have Flashed CM9 RC1 latest by AEOI
I have ask for this

Why if I switch 2G connection,,its turn to "3G" not turn into "E"
In previous AEOI CM9,,this never occur

Can someone confirm this??I always turn to 2G for battery saving

Is 3G - E have long different battery consumpt?
Please someone explain me

Thanks

Sent from my Spice Mi-410 using Tapatalk 2

ezio2

Sep 28, 2010
Delhi
www.facebook.com
here

Guys,,I have Flashed CM9 RC1 latest by AEOI
I have ask for this

Why if I switch 2G connection,,its turn to "3G" not turn into "E"
In previous AEOI CM9,,this never occur

Can someone confirm this??I always turn to 2G for battery saving

Is 3G - E have long different battery consumpt?
Please someone explain me

Thanks

i had the same issue... i tohught maybe my service provider has changed it to 3g coz i had put up a request for the same...

but while it was showing 3g my cell was not heating up which it usually does in HSDPA ... so according to me there was no drain while it was showing 3g instead of E...

provided i din't stay long on CM9 rc1 bcz it din't support Foursquare & pics were grainy when i checked em later.. ( for me )

Reactions: Arya_3RDNumber

Arya_3RDNumber

Feb 26, 2012
Madiun, Jawa Timur
i had the same issue... i tohught maybe my service provider has changed it to 3g coz i had put up a request for the same...

but while it was showing 3g my cell was not heating up which it usually does in HSDPA ... so according to me there was no drain while it was showing 3g instead of E...

provided i din't stay long on CM9 rc1 bcz it din't support Foursquare & pics were grainy when i checked em later.. ( for me )
Have foursquare app,,but not tested yet,,
Reverted back to previous version,,sadly that AEOI doesnt bring original services.jar :(
I felt laggy when using V6Supercharger,,because I have much background service,,

elol

Nov 13, 2011
sabah
need to know about screen guard

hye to all,i want to ask something,i know and i believe this thread for Q/A....I just want to know what screen guard good to use on csl-mi410...i just know are few day when i open the screen guard or not use the screen guard on my phone,the touch screen very-very good..

thanks for you all who want like help me...

Tanuj Chhibber

Apr 2, 2012
Delhi
hye to all,i want to ask something,i know and i believe this thread for Q/A....I just want to know what screen guard good to use on csl-mi410...i just know are few day when i open the screen guard or not use the screen guard on my phone,the touch screen very-very good..

Dear Elol
The screen guard which is really thin and most transperent is good for this phone.
The touch is really good but u should screen guard and wipe it with tissue paper if it gets dirty

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI

hi
buddy i have used this phone for around a year had a lot of problem when using a screen guard the screen did a lot of crazy thing then i removed it and used it and all was fine so i would suggest not to use one
this is going by my Exp with this phone and im sure many would agree on the same :laugh:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Hi all! I am not new but it's been a long while since I been around. I flashed back to stock 2.2 cause I had same kinds of issues like reboot and sod with every ROM I have tried. I guess since they are ports there is one thing that just isn't right lol. I know nothing about developing but it seems we are always so close but yet so far with this phone. Anyway I just got my phone back from warranty replacement and thought I would check in and see if there is any improvements with these issues and what ROM would be the most stable for day to day use? I have read through all the threads already and I would really appreciate if someone could bring me up to date on your thoughts? Thanks a bunch to everyone here and the help you have contributed!

aloklike

Dec 31, 2011
Gurgaon
Hi all! I am not new but it's been a long while since I been around. I flashed back to stock 2.2 cause I had same kinds of issues like reboot and sod with every ROM I have tried. I guess since they are ports there is one thing that just isn't right lol. I know nothing about developing but it seems we are always so close but yet so far with this phone. Anyway I just got my phone back from warranty replacement and thought I would check in and see if there is any improvements with these issues and what ROM would be the most stable for day to day use? I have read through all the threads already and I would really appreciate if someone could bring me up to date on your thoughts? Thanks a bunch to everyone here and the help you have contributed!
if you are looking for most stable rom with everything working ..... than i will recommend Sharp Fix1 with kernel from Sharp Fix2 ...... this combination is perfect, battery friendly,game friendly..... everything working like cam, fm ,wifi etc .. So, here is what u need to do for a fresh Sharp Fix1 installation ...

1. install RC3 from tjstyle
2. install Sharp Fix1
3. install kernel from Sharp FIx2
4. (optional) install UOT patch from vivekb , it gives you a nice power widget in notification screen

i hope you can find all required files in respective threads ....

Reactions: LibertyMonger

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Yeah that is the combo I was on before I decided to throw in the towel and flash back to stock. I had the same issues with the sharp ROM as I do with all the others. Probably not as bad though. Thanks anyway bud.