[Q&A] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12 and 12.1

Search This thread

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
NEW BUILD GUYS THIS IS NOT A I FIXED EVERYTHING BUILD, THIS IS TO TEST THE BRAND_NEW_KERNEL

(source here https://github.com/Lloir/htc_kernel_oxp)

This build is just to get people's ideas and so on, IF IT'S A DAILY DRIVER YOU FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

It contains ALL OF MY Security patches + EVEN MORE
It has patches from @TripNRaVeR
Patches from nVidia

What it doesn't contain Swipe2Wake (at the moment),

Sim pin is borked still.

What I want to know is:

Stability
Battery
Heat
Usability
Volume (in general and in call)
Overal use of the device

one thing I can tell you is, initial boot is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x quicker.

I TAKE ZERO NILL NONE NADA RESPONSIBILITY FOR MISSED ALARMS, MISSED APOINTMENTS ETC

THIS IS IN AN ALPHA/BETA TEST AND I NEED MASSES FOR THE TEST.

I want logcats/dmesg's anything and everything to reproduce issues

Now you've read all that you can click the link(s) below
ROM DOWNLOAD
BOOT DOWNLOAD

cyablo

Feb 16, 2009
Nordhorn
Great to see you still supporting this device. I have one X+ lying on my besk but battery life with CM12.1 builds where really bad so far. First boot is really quick indeed. WIll take a look at this build in detail and tell you my experiences.

Reactions: Lloir

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
Great to see you still supporting this device. I have one X+ lying on my besk but battery life with CM12.1 builds where really bad so far. First boot is really quick indeed. WIll take a look at this build in detail and tell you my experiences.

Well today started off trying to resize the /data partition to move more storage to the recovery (8mb is tiny) and ended up sorting this kernel out.

But yeah, please tell me how it works and so on. appreciate all feedback good/bad/neutral.

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
big thnx for keeping on hox+-developing!!!!

installed yesterday, that little bug with the sim-pin is gone!!!!
recognized just a few seconds a go that i got a exclamation mark at the cell-symbol, which means that the data-connection may lost. but its still connected to the internet so i can surf the web and chat...
same for wifi while connected.

:cyclops:​

Last edited:

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
big thnx for keeping on hox+-developing!!!!

installed yesterday, that little bug with the sim-pin is gone!!!!
recognized just a few seconds a go that i got a exclamation mark at the cell-symbol, which means that the data-connection may lost. but its still connected to the internet so i can surf the web and chat...

You sure simpin is fixed??

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
Yes, after typing the right pin the input mask is gone.

Btw to test your new kernel do i need to flash that other rom too? Or does it work with the rom published in this thread?

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
Yes, after typing the right pin the input mask is gone.

Btw to test your new kernel do i need to flash that other rom too? Or does it work with the rom published in this thread?

Yeah, you need the rom that comes with it, as it contains the modules. Tempted to fix that once and for all and just bake the modules into the kernel.

Reactions: aureljared

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
This rom is from today DEPRECATED AND DONE. I'll be deleting the source from my hard drive and working on the next rom. Any bugs/glitches/etc (EXCEPT FROM THE TEST KERNEL BUILD) will be ignored.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2F1dukck.jpg

also

xfatx.jpg

Last edited:

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
ohhkayyy...
something to ignore than: over the weekend my phone crashes several times and i collected 3 logs. if you are interested put your hands up high in the air.

so, i cant live with this. i will try now the other rom with the new kernel.

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
ohhkayyy...
something to ignore than: over the weekend my phone crashes several times and i collected 3 logs. if you are interested put your hands up high in the air.

so, i cant live with this. i will try now the other rom with the new kernel.

:good:

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
first day with the new kernel: :good::good::good:
no crashes, no connection loosing, no exclamation mark... :good::good::good:
since last full charge (nearly 18hours) 44% left. just used it for two calls, some chats and 1hour listening to music :good::good::good:

sim-pin-bug (of course) still alive. (jf @Lloir i: with the "old" kernel this bug appears again after the first crash)
but this is sooooo unnecessary, just ignore it guys. when you typed in the wrong pin you will get a message. if you used the right one, the mask just comes back. you dont have to type it agnain a 2nd time. just wait 4sec.

Last edited:

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
update: exclamation mark strikes back :crying:
after connecting and disconnecting wifi the exclamation mark is at the cell-symbol. but device is still connected to data.
whe connecting wifi again the mark is also at the wifi-symbol...still having internet connection.

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
update: exclamation mark strikes back :crying:

after connecting and disconnecting wifi the exclamation mark is at the cell-symbol. but device is still connected to data.

whe connecting wifi again the mark is also at the wifi-symbol...still having internet connection.

! Means you're not connected to google services if the data is on, that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
yes, you are right. im using a firewall but google services has access to the net. maybe another app which is disabled causes the "!". because when i disable the firewall the mark disappears. so this is also not necessary for me.

yesterday poorly my phone shows the pin-mask after i took it out of my pocket. of course it was "un-sim-pinned" before. here the log-collection.
this bug also appears on my phone with the older kernel as i wrote before.

Attachments

• 2017-05-25_18.43.zip
    307.6 KB · Views: 17

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
sorry but i got the "old" bugs:
- turning wifi on never connects, have to do it manually
- when turning wifi off, very often cell disconnects and i have to enter simpin
- also very often cell disconnects when phone is in pocket

i got two logs.

Attachments

• 2017-05-30_09.02.zip
    177.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 2017-05-30_06.46.zip
    152.1 KB · Views: 5

morbvamp

Aug 17, 2012
I just got my old HOX+ back. I'll try latest version with new kernel. Will post feedback in next days. Thank you for keeping this device alive!!

Reactions: Lloir

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @namelessrabbit @Mondovich

I'm uploading a build now, enjoy, I worked with Ciwrl from CM to find the issue, as it's not only affecting us.

Here is my revert of the change that was commited http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/102428/ for those interested.

Everyone else, test out bluetooth (I don't have any BTLE devices) Also anyone who uses NFC daily can you test that out for me too please.

NFC is now built from grouper open source changes, and bluetooth is also synced to the grouper (grouper = N7 2012)

And USB-OTG test that (I don't have a OTG cable)

All of the changes that I've commited so far http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/owner:spirit2457%2540gmail.com+status:merged

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=28732
    cm-12.1-20150703-UNOFFICIAL-enrc2b.zip <--- is the rom name.

I'm letting it upload, and I'm off to bed. (I deserve an early night) It should be uploaded maximum 30minutes from this edit (22:49 here just add 30mins to the 49)
    I have no time to test your roms atm, but it sounds great :) :highfive:

One more request:
    My gallery app is full of mp3-cover spam -> Is there a config to hide pictures (covers) from /sdcard/music in gallery-app (media scanner). I tested a ".nomedia"-file, but this also disables scanning for mp3's...

//e:

you are crazy Lloir :D

Hey you guys want a decent rom ;)

I put more effort into this, than my job :p
    I know things are ultra slow at the moment, and I apologise. Once I've gotten rid of these assignments I'll get going on the X+ again.

Anyway Happy Christmas/Holiday/Any other holiday currently on going.

Catch you all soon with a new build hopefully.

-Lloir
    New build up cm-12.1-20150805-UNOFFICIAL-enrc2b.zip

Bluetooth fixed (reverted it back to the original way I had it setup in the source)
    CM Update

IF YOU GET google services crashing, FULL WIPE and do a clean install
    I didn't observe a connection between GPS and losing SIM yet. But I "lost" the SIM only once or twice so far, so that may not count...
    What I do experience rather regularly is a problem with connecting to mobile data. After losing or switching off WLAN, often the phone does not connect to mobile data and just shows a exclamation mark next to the signal strengt indicator. Most times it can be fixed by switching off and back on mobile data. Will try to get logs.

Sometimes my device shows some slowdowns over extended periods of time, with a guessed framerate of 10-15 fps. Generally, scrolling shows some lags or "hickups". Not sure anymore it was better in 0619 but I kinda feel it has been better.

Something positive: I feel that battery life improved substantially, came home yesterday night after 12 hours with 50% left. :good:

Nothing has changed with the speed of the phone or graphics since the 0619 build. There's not alot I can do, this device is now classed as "old" Just don't install a ton of memory hungry apps....

I'm glad the Grouper won't be getting "M" because the X+ isn't getting any new graphics blobs nor new kernel, it's getting harder to fix everything as it is.

Right now my eyes are on fixing AOSP 4.4 100% and getting encryption going on it, also getting AOSP 5.1 booting and compiling correctly. Those ROM'S in my opinion bring the best performance to the X+ and not OMNI/CM
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone