• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q&A][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies

Search This thread

neel99

Feb 16, 2013
cant install doge4

If you are not using TWRP 2.8.1.0 already, try that.

Ok, then I don't know how to proceed. Bootloader is your only hope though with S-ON. You could try updating your bootloader but I'm not that familiar with it either that I could provide guide for it. Or see if friend's PC can recognize your phone and use fastboot to flash it.

i am using latest verion of 4ext i tried cwm 5.0.2.0 too. how to install twrp 2.8.1.0 . I can flash doge1 perfectly but i cant flash any other not doge2,3,or 4 in all that previously posted error comes up. my desire hd is s-off too.
please help.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2014
Ramallah

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
will be Doge5 preview android 5.0.2 ?
Likely if there'll be such build. I came up with flu and fever and I don't think I'll be able to do a new build before the holidays and build servers will be having a maintenance during the holidays so no idea when the next build will be here and what it will be.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Hope you get well soon and can enjoy the holidays.
Yeah, me too. I managed to dodge all the big flu epidemics this autumn and now the flu hits with the worst timing possible. This is kind of annoying also because I had planned to finish off some things last week but couldn't do anything and there's no one to fill in for me so everything just gets pushed further in the future.

Oh well, it is what it is. Luckily I'm already getting a bit better so there's a bit hope for spending the holidays with family instead of shivering alone at home with tissues and blanket. :good:

Nov 1, 2014
Ramallah
Ok, then I don't know how to proceed. Bootloader is your only hope though with S-ON. You could try updating your bootloader but I'm not that familiar with it either that I could provide guide for it. Or see if friend's PC can recognize your phone and use fastboot to flash it.

http://download.clockworkmod.com/test/UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi
I have found a way to flash boot.img from bootloader , and i can flash rom and the boot.img now :) :)

Reactions: Mustaavalkosta
Nov 1, 2014
Ramallah
Ok, good. Can you tell us how you are doing it for the future reference?

Yes , of course .
I tested this on htc inspire 4g , i don't know if it works with htc desire hd .
just download the attached file and compress it with the boot.img (or revovery.img) in a zip file .
or you can just copy the content of the text file and paste it in a ( .txt ) file , and rename the txt file to ( android-info.txt ) .
rename the zip file to PD98IMG.zip .
and then go to bootloader .
That's It .

Attachments

• android-info.txt
    105 bytes · Views: 27
Last edited:

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Yes , of course .
just download the attached file and compress it with the boot.img (or revovery.img) in a zip file .
or you can just copy the content of the text file and paste it in a ( .txt ) file , and rename the txt file to ( android-info.txt ) .
That's It .
Ok, thanks! I was partly right with my hunch to use Ruling's recovery zip as a base then. I guess android-info.txt in his recovery zip is not compatible with Inspire 4G, or at least not with some version of Inspire 4G's software (bootloader or otherwise). :)

Nov 1, 2014
Ramallah
Ok, thanks! I was partly right with my hunch to use Ruling's recovery zip as a base then. I guess android-info.txt in his recovery zip is not compatible with Inspire 4G, or at least not with some version of Inspire 4G's software (bootloader or otherwise). :)

Yes , I thought of that too .
So I download the stock PD98IMG.zip for htc inspire 4g and extract the android-info.txt from it ,and it works .
and i want to thank you for helping me . :cowboy:

breakofrap

Nov 10, 2014
İstanbul
Network data and Sound

Hi everybody,

Have solved the problem of network data and sound?
i have DODGE4 and pa_gapps-modular-micro-5.0.1-BETA4-20141218-signed
Seems to be working, but not working.

I love this rom. Very thanks Mustaavalkosta

Last edited:

gile78-gaga89

Mar 28, 2010
phone ringtone

Phone ringtone resolved,copy desired mp3 file with root root browser to directory;system,media,audio,ringotnes.ring-tones work ok
Install pa_ gapps_modular_pico-5.0.1-BETA5
Flash last TWRP-manager 2.8.1 with Rashr.Flash.Tool.v2.2.4.apk

Last edited:

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
Haven't tried this ROM since the first few betas, now testing latest nightly hoping to use it as a fault driver, two questions.

Will the option to configure the quick settings tiles come back at a done stage, is it something upstream is yet to implement?

Best way to set cpu max frequency and governor with this ROM?

Thanks for any help in advance. Hoping to give the ROM a good test tomorrow.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Will the option to configure the quick settings tiles come back at a done stage, is it something upstream is yet to implement?
Impossible to say but at least there's already a review in progress for that.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/83418/

Best way to set cpu max frequency and governor with this ROM?
CM's performance options are already available (although hidden by default) for CPU+IO scheduler so that's probably the easiest way if you don't want to install any app to deal with freqs.

Reactions: rjand

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hope you get well soon and can enjoy the holidays.
    Yeah, me too. I managed to dodge all the big flu epidemics this autumn and now the flu hits with the worst timing possible. This is kind of annoying also because I had planned to finish off some things last week but couldn't do anything and there's no one to fill in for me so everything just gets pushed further in the future.

Oh well, it is what it is. Luckily I'm already getting a bit better so there's a bit hope for spending the holidays with family instead of shivering alone at home with tissues and blanket. :good:
    The 20150110 nightly seems broken and won't install at all, so no way to check if it fixed the audio issues unfortunately.
    Nightly is likely working. It's probably recovery that's lacking required devfs entries for new by-name partitions used in fstab. I'll continue to update the situation on the main development thread as soon as I have confirmed my hunch.
    Sorry but I am new in this thing. Can you please explain it more easily... :(

There probably won't be an official CM12 stable release, as there wasn't for CM11. As this is an unofficial CM12 ROM, there definitely won't be a stable release.

The last stable CM release for our device was CM7, or Android 2.3, as that was the last Android version HTC released the source code for.

When you decide the ROM is stable is up to you - most users will already find it stable enough for them to use as their daily driver, I find it more stable than the stock Android 2.2 / 2.3 my phone came with. It won't be as fast as Android 2.2 or 2.3, but as there is no HTC Sense interface layered on top of Android it should be fast enough without lag, although depending on what additional apps you install to make the phone usable for yourself, the amount of lag will vary.

I have similar apps installed as on CM11, with a similar CPU overclock, and Greenify set up in the same way and I find little difference in speed and responsiveness as compared to CM11 - a few apps are faster and a few are slower. I have tested with a higher overclock than I had on CM11, and my phone was faster than it was on CM11, but normally I run with a small overclock, and the same settings as I did with CM11. If I find my phone getting laggy / unresponsive, I just press the power button and let Greenify do its stuff, screen back on after about 70 secs and the phone is responsive again.
    DOGE2 + PA GApps ALPHA1 flash succeeded

Thank you Musta and the team for great job!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=56560109

I flashed DOGE2 + PA GApps ALPHA1, and they work fine.
    (cm-12-20141130-UNOFFICIAL-DOGE2-ace.zip + pa_gapps-micro-5.0-ALPHA1-20141117a-signed.zip)

Before flashing, I made .gapps-config which containing the text "NanoGApps", and placed it in the same folder as the GApps zip.
    Then, flashing has succeeded.

I didn't try "PicoGApps" option, but it will also succeed, I suppose.
    Ok, good. Can you tell us how you are doing it for the future reference?

Yes , of course .
    That's It .